Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2022, 19:09   #5971
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
What do you think would be the fate of my price protection which I have currently with my black colour.
As per Mahindra's rules, you cant exchange/reallocate with anyone unless you can prove that they are your close blood relation. All the dealers are highlighting this (very strongly) for Scorpio-N bookings. Additionally, Mahindra is giving a 2 week window to reconfirm your choice after adding the variant to cart on 05th July. Probably, yours was not the only case and they must be correcting with next launch.

From the way I see it, you have 2 options. If you are very particular of the color, you have to let go off the booking (with price protection) and get on to queue once again. Else, you can accept and move ahead (if Black color is OK).

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 29th June 2022 at 19:14.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 23:18   #5972
BHPian

Hi All,

I got a sms from Mahindra stating that your XUV700 is set to get into production. Upon checking on the website, the status indeed has changed to "Order under Planning" the tentative delivery dates have also moved up by 15 days to between 1st -16th August. I had booked the vehicle on the very first day i.e. 7th Oct 2021. Can someone tell me typically how much time does it take from this current status to the actual delivery and most importantly what are the next sequence of steps that I should anticipate from the dealership in regards to invoice generation, pdi and payment etc.
Old 29th June 2022, 23:59   #5973

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
The whole process is for second ownership. They will provide you with the vehicle but you are going to be the second owner on registration papers.
In Punjab, there are dealers who will get the booking transferred to your name but they are charging a huge premium to the tune of 2.3 -2.7 Lacs.
I belong to Mohali if you need any help verifying agent or dealer you can dm me.
Hey thanks Sunil

Yes process is for 2nd ownership and I actually have no problems with that, given that currently I do not have a car. Had to sell of my XUV500 due to engine issues and given that my booked XUV700's expected delivery date is around a year from now. And as you mentioned, cost of getting car as 1st owner was coming at a premium of 2.5 lakhs which I wasn't ready to pay.

I finally drove home the beast. Got it through a dealer in Ludhiana.

It's XUV700 AX7 L AT diesel Silver. Got dealer's reference checked through known ones. Feedback was positive. So went ahead with it. Drove down around 150 kms back to home at Amritsar and the drive was a breeze.

Will write about my whole experience in the next couple of days.

Wanted to ask fellow BHPians if anyone got full custom carpet installed in their car and how does it look as compared to the other 5D/7D options available in the market? I had one in XUV500 and I never regretted the decision. Also need some fresh ideas around number plates.

Thanks
rohitonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 08:05   #5974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
As per Mahindra's rules, you cant exchange/reallocate with anyone unless you can prove that they are your close blood relation. All the dealers are highlighting this (very strongly) for Scorpio-N bookings.
Is this specific to Mumbai dealers, or is there any formal communication from Mahindra that we could refer to? Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:10   #5975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Is this specific to Mumbai dealers, or is there any formal communication from Mahindra that we could refer to? Thanks
I heard it from dealers in Mumbai and Hyderabad, so it should be a common directive. When you reach out to any dealer now for Scorpio-N, you will hear the same.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:45   #5976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Same TnC from Hyundai dealer when I booked Creta. As per dealer, it is done to promote genuine bookings and prevent black marketing. Although it is anyone's guess how fool proof this is, as people are still getting high demand cars out of turn.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th June 2022 at 10:52.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:09   #5977
BHPian

Hi,

So I got my AX7L back in Dec 2021 aswell, I did notice a slight suspension noise, Let me explain the Issue

The suspension is good in terms of Ride and Handling, It gobbles up best of potholes the road can throw. It also is a very stable car with minimal body roll. I would say its def industry standard.(My other rides are Audi Q5, BMW 530D, Nexon EV so on comparison baring the adjustive dampers etc of the D segment cars the XUV suspension is really good to ride ) However when you drive on a rough patch with no audio playing, the car has great sound insulation, so its very easy to hear all the sounds, Here is where the sound that comes from suspension is clearly audible inside, As in if you were to drive the same road with audio on at a volume of 10 , you wont notice anything a miss, Its only when the audio is off you clearly hear a kind of metallic tak sound, This tak sound is not consistent, it comes some times and other times it does not come, Mostly when you go on a hump at 25km/h when the car is almost completing the hump and the wheels are moving down you get that sound, Or on a untarred patchy tar road.

I complained to MASS, At service they first retorqued the suspension, This was at first service at 2000Kms after about 100Kms of driving I again heard the noise , But i kept using the vehicle, After i touched 5500Kms on the odo I Went back to MASS with the same issue and this time stressed on all the points, Also since I was a XUV500 owner for 9years I know them all very well, they obliged and changed the front 2 Struts, Its been another 200KMs since then and the sound is back, So I am to believe this is a design issue and has to do with the adjustment of Lower arm and some other components of the suspension and not the struts alone.

Now unless Mahindra tweaks it and provides all the first batch owners the upgrade we are stuck, Lets get all owners facing this issue together and talk to Mahindra.
Shai100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 15:42   #5978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Now unless Mahindra tweaks it and provides all the first batch owners the upgrade we are stuck, Lets get all owners facing this issue together and talk to Mahindra.
I have a AX7L as-well and like you mentioned the car is excellent except for this suspension noise on small humps. I have been in discussion with couple of service centres and the regional customer care manager. However, there seems to be lot of pushback in accepting this as an issue and they are trying to brush this as an "operational noise"
Old 30th June 2022, 16:08   #5979
BHPian

Yes, I can understand why it is so, The argument is that this is a Noise which is part of operation of the vehicle and is normal, However if it was so, the noise has to be consistent and come every time, it is not so.

Also since its not a major noise most ppl may not notice it, But some one with a keen ear and automotive history will easy feel this is not "normal" .
Old 30th June 2022, 17:01   #5980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post

Can someone tell me typically how much time does it take from this current status to the actual delivery and most importantly what are the next sequence of steps that I should anticipate from the dealership in regards to invoice generation, pdi and payment etc.
It may take 3-4 weeks for the whole process. In my case there was a delay of week in the transportation of the car. Keep following up with the dealer regularly for updates as they have the latest and the greatest information.
Once delivered to your dealer stockyard you can visit for a PDI. Then you have to get the insurance done if you are doing it outside of the dealership. Final step would be the payment and registration.

As I opted for company car lease process is bit different. I did the PDI last week and still waiting for delivery. ETA is Wednesday next week.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:50   #5981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi All,

I got a sms from Mahindra stating that your XUV700 is set to get into production. Upon checking on the website, the status indeed has changed to "Order under Planning" the tentative delivery dates have also moved up by 15 days to between 1st -16th August. I had booked the vehicle on the very first day i.e. 7th Oct 2021. Can someone tell me typically how much time does it take from this current status to the actual delivery and most importantly what are the next sequence of steps that I should anticipate from the dealership in regards to invoice generation, pdi and payment etc.
Don't rely on this status on portal or the sms - check with your dealer or the ASM and only they can check the internal system for billing date against your order. You can get some rough timeline only after billing and from what I hear - off late there have been few cases where the status is in "billed but not in transit" status and a delayed shipment to dealers.

In my case - these sms and online status were no where near the actual billing and transit dates. My vehicle arrived at dealer 1 week after the allocation date thats against my order.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 07:22   #5982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
There was a logistic related issue with some part/ assembly for the AWD facility and the part is imported from Germany. But on 21-06 my AWD has been billed and Sandegov's car has also been billed recently.

I suggest you send a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com. You should get immediate response within a day or two.
Finally my XUX700 is Shipped and is on the way ( as per status on the mahindra portal ) . I hope to get this soon
jayantmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 11:28   #5983
BHPian

I had raised a TD request for XUV 700 and the SA mentioned that if i book now they would provide me price protection on current ex showroom .Is it true or is he trying to take me for a ride?
Old 1st July 2022, 11:44   #5984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
I had raised a TD request for XUV 700 and the SA mentioned that if i book now they would provide me price protection on current ex showroom .Is it true or is he trying to take me for a ride?
As far as I know, there is no price protection offered by Mahindra now. Not sure how can the SA pass on such a benefit.
Old 1st July 2022, 13:19   #5985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Officially there is no price protection offered from M&M now. There have been couple of price revisions already since launch and people are paying current prices unless they were part of official price protection plan offered at the time of launch.

Please take it with a pinch of salt. Better to get it in writing from the dealer instead of going by just a verbal promise.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 1st July 2022 at 13:21.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks