Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 13:37   #5986
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
I had raised a TD request for XUV 700 and the SA mentioned that if i book now they would provide me price protection on current ex showroom .Is it true or is he trying to take me for a ride?
I believe that means the current ex show room price will be valid at the time of delivery. Given there have already been 2 price revisions, it is unlikely M&M changes the prices again until 2023, hence I guess the dealer is willing to take the risk in order to get the booking.

This price protection will be from the dealer side, and would be a dealer discount in case M&M does revise prices again before delivery.

Do get it in writing from the dealer though.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 13:42   #5987
BHPian

Thanks a lot Aviator_guy and anandhsub. The SA is coming home with the TD petrol vehicle in some time . I have already test driven the diesel AT yesterday. Will make sure to ask him to give the price protection thing in writing as suggested by both of you .
Old 1st July 2022, 13:49   #5988
BHPian

Quote:
I had raised a TD request for XUV 700 and the SA mentioned that if i book now they would provide me price protection on current ex showroom .Is it true or is he trying to take me for a ride?
Either he has something in stock OR expecting to get in stock a few weeks from now (probably a cancellation) and so he is making that commitment. What is your variant preference? If it is AX5 and below, the above could be true. I have seen a few dealers in Mumbai having AX5s available if one is willing to consider.

Else, there is no such commitment from Mahindra and the website too clearly mentions that price at the time of delivery will be applicable.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 16:41   #5989
BHPian

Test drove the petrol AT now. Its smooth and no engine clatter. No doubt why journos are so impressed with the refinement of the petrol engine. But, the FE on the MID showed 5.4 KMPL only in the TD car. I drive less than 1000 km a month and if it actually shows 5 kmpl , I would have to probably switch to diesel as 5 Kmpl avg is going to burn a hole in my pocket. Also, when I asked the SA whether he can give it in writing he refused. So yes the SA was just over enthusiastic to get a booking (AX7L) and cant promise delivery at current ex showroom price. He just said may be he can work out discounts at time of invoicing.
Old 1st July 2022, 17:22   #5990
BHPian

Yes petrol automatic will give you no more than 5 to 6 in bangalore traffic. Petrol versions you can get in 3 months from what I've seen. And diesels will take around a year in my assessment.

Quote:
. But, the FE on the MID showed 5.4 KMPL only in the TD car. I drive less than 1000 km a month and if it actually shows 5 kmpl , I would have to probably switch to diesel as 5 Kmpl avg is going to burn a hole in my pocket.
niteshsharmab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 19:20   #5991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Yes petrol automatic will give you no more than 5 to 6 in bangalore traffic.
While I haven't checked it by full tank method, I am getting at least 7.5kmpl in petrol AT in ORR and the eastern suburbs where both traffic and road are bad. The least I have noticed recently is 8. When the car was new, I remember seeing around 6.5. I avoid stomping accelerator hard for quick acceleration.

Last edited by impala : 1st July 2022 at 19:24.
impala is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 19:49   #5992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
While I haven't checked it by full tank method, I am getting at least 7.5kmpl in petrol AT in ORR and the eastern suburbs where both traffic and road are bad. .
Yes my daily riding would be on the same stretch as well and the congested arterial roads of ORR. May I know if the FE you shared is purely within city limits and with AC always On ? For reference -I get around 11-12 kmpl on my Punto 90hp MJD with AC always on so anything around 9-10 kmpl would be really great !!
Old 1st July 2022, 20:31   #5993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Hi,
I booked XUV700 D AX7L AWD, white on 07 Oct 2021. I was given a date of 24 July to 24 Aug. In May 2022, the date was advanced to 25 June to 10 July.
In June 2022 the date was revised to 15 July to 25 July. I vented my frustration to kharge as mention earlier in this thread. I received a reply that my car would be handed over on 10 July

Happy to announce that my car has arrived at the dealer stockyard yesterday, and praying that I should be behind the wheel by the 30th of June 2022.
Best!
Very excited to share with fellow bhpians that I drove home my white AWD L today, from Automotive Manufacturers RP Road.

Except the excruciating wait of 9 months, my whole process was smooth as butter.
I will post drive experiences as and when they occur.
Adding one pic for the show off

QUOTE=Monty1;5347485]Hi All,

ICan someone tell me typically how much time does it take from this current status to the actual delivery and most importantly what are the next sequence of steps that I should anticipate from the dealership in regards to invoice generation, pdi and payment etc.[/quote]

My status went into " order under planning on 17 May 2022.
Delivery was today.
The status on the portal doesn't trigger automatically.
Even the Mahindra WYH helpline is not accurate.
My dealer's info was most accurate.

Looking forward to some exciting times.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 21:00   #5994
BHPian

Quote:
May I know if the FE you shared is purely within city limits and with AC always On ?
Yes, AC is always ON with temperature set around 24C and fan speed around 2 levels as seen on infotainment. This is on different stretches of ORR, north of Kadubeesnahalli and the busy roads around Varthur and Sarjapur road.I am seeing this after running 4k+ km; it was significantly lesser when the car was new but not sure if it's the car or my driving style changing. There was also an update around March first that the CoTek had mentioned will increase mileage. I think 10kmpl is too high to expect though.
impala is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 21:20   #5995
BHPian

Quote:
Yes my daily riding would be on the same stretch as well and the congested arterial roads of ORR. May I know if the FE you shared is purely within city limits and with AC always On ? For reference -I get around 11-12 kmpl on my Punto 90hp MJD with AC always on so anything around 9-10 kmpl would be really great !!
Hi,
I drive an AX7 P AT in Bangalore. I have completed 3k kms till now. On my last tankful I got a mileage of 9 by tankful method, this was with 100% City driving (in pretty bad jams) along with one trip to the airport.
The tankful before that I got a mileage of 10.5 that included a short trip to Lepakshi.

My suggestion would be go for petrol ONLY if you are sure you will not be bothered by the single digit FE that will show up on MID every time you drive.
The power & refinement is truly enjoyable only if you are not bothered about FE.
nickelniks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 23:43   #5996

Hi guys

Quick question. My XUV700 is 3 days old and today threw an alarm of pressure of one of the tyres being 29.
I went to a near by pump and asked the guy to make it 32 psi for all the tyres. Surprisingly, machine at the pump filled air at 32 psi but XUV was showing it as 40.

Wanted to ask if this is normal or machine at pump would be faulty ?
rohitonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 07:49   #5997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Hi guys

Quick question. My XUV700 is 3 days old and today threw an alarm of pressure of one of the tyres being 29.
I went to a near by pump and asked the guy to make it 32 psi for all the tyres. Surprisingly, machine at the pump filled air at 32 psi but XUV was showing it as 40.

Wanted to ask if this is normal or machine at pump would be faulty ?
The difference can be of 1-2 basis points, however 32 to 40 seems very high. I suspect the machine at the pump is faulty one.
Just one point to note, tyre pressure changes during drive, as the temperature increases due to friction, heat. As per owners manual, the suggestion is to fill air when the car is driven just 3 km from idle state or in idle state for sometime so that the tyre comes back to normalcy.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:21   #5998
BHPian

Hi All.
I took the delivery of my 700AX7L Diesel Manual on 20June. Pretty excited with the feel of the vehicle. The technology is amazing but what worries me is the fact that more technology gives scope to more niggles. Now that I have taken the plunge, I guess I have to face whatever comes along.

After migrating from a 10 year old Ertiga, I find the ride quality superb. High riding position is excellent. Got a feeling that the roads have changed overnight. (Maybe that is the reason the politicos don't understand the noise made by average citizens about the roads. Sitting in their high end cars their feel for the roads may be totally different from ours.)

Yesterday only I could take it out for a short ride of about 100km. Ride was smooth. Torque was good. When sudden traffic appears, managed to still continue in 5th gear at reduced speed but pulls smoothly. High torque is the advantage i think. Many alerts when Autos , 2 wheelers cross suddenly in front of the vehicle. Right now I have left the Emergency Break Option ON.

AC was good and some occupants asked me to reduce it. Since it is Bangalore weather maybe it is no big deal.

Getting alerts on Adrenox App is fun but not really useful if I am driving the vehicle myself. At the end of the trip it gives lot statistics about clutch presses, break presses, fuel efficiency etc. Many functions can also be controlled from App directly which may be useful incase the vehicle is driven by driver.

One feature that i found very irritating is the lane change assist. It was set to alert mode. Better to switch it OFF I feel. I did after reaching home.

The USB slot is recessed in too much. I have purchased tiny USB drives for using in my earlier car so that drive protrusion may be less and chances of damage by hitting the inserted drive is minimised. Now I have a problem plugging in and pulling out those tiny drives from socket since the hand does not even reach the position properly. The drives do not have proper handles for pulling out. Fished out some old drive that is long and loaded my songs for using in this car.

Got an alerm about low (30) air pressure. Went to the pump to fill air. Asked the attendent to set it to 34 but after filling, the readings are showing as 36 in front and 35.25 35 in the rear. I guess I have to use my own pump and evolve some readings to match those in TPMS. But then I ran into trouble using my existing pump. I have not seen a cigeret lighter socket anywhere for using it.

Another thing that I miss is where to keep my air pump. There is no compartment in the boot for this. I left it for time being as a loose item. My ertiga had a small recessed box in the floor of the boot for such things. Such a box exists here but already full with the tools safety triangle jack etc.

Some comparisons that I did may sound funny to others but I have made them by keeping in mind my Good old Ertiga.

Will post some more as I go along.
lark63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:53   #5999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Yes petrol automatic will give you no more than 5 to 6 in bangalore traffic. Petrol versions you can get in 3 months from what I've seen. And diesels will take around a year in my assessment.
3 months for lower variants, may be. But certainly not AX7L petrol AT. I have been waiting for 6 months now and I'm sure there are others who have already waited longer than me. My SA doesn't even answer when I ask tentatively when I can get. I get monthly two emails that my CPD as per Mahindra is Sept 2023!
GPJ_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:48   #6000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Hi All.
Got an alerm about low (30) air pressure. Went to the pump to fill air. Asked the attendent to set it to 34 but after filling, the readings are showing as 36 in front and 35.25 35 in the rear. I guess I have to use my own pump and evolve some readings to match those in TPMS. But then I ran into trouble using my existing pump. I have not seen a cigeret lighter socket anywhere for using it.

Another thing that I miss is where to keep my air pump. There is no compartment in the boot for this. I left it for time being as a loose item. My ertiga had a small recessed box in the floor of the boot for such things. Such a box exists here but already full with the tools safety triangle jack etc..
Congratulations on your new car, I am sure you will enjoy driving it for many years. Which variant have you purchased?

The cigarette lighter port is in the third row on the right side; you may need to buy an extension chord if the pump does not reach all 4 tyres, I had to. You can keep the air pump behind the third row along with other tools and cleaning essentials. As regards TPMS my advice would be to think of it as guidance only, get a pressure gauge and top up air pressure on a weekly basis or as required. Do not rely on the petrol pump or TPMS reading.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks