Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:16   #5881
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

To all the owners who have already taken delivery: Did the dealership charge you extra installation charges for accessories purchased from them? My dealer - Randhawa Motors - insists that the prices on m2all do not inclue labour charges and their pricing - about 10-30% higher - accounts for installation charges as well. Some accessories like footrest, tailgate scuff plate, sd card, led scuff plates etc are possibly better availed from the dealership but i am now wondering if this is another way to make some quick money .....
Old 22nd June 2022, 13:24   #5882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
To all the owners who have already taken delivery: Did the dealership charge you extra installation charges for accessories purchased from them?
Well, technically my car is to be delivered tomorrow so I'm not yet a full owner. But yes, the prices of accessories at dealer would generally be higher than from m2all.

Though in my case, it was reasonable and after discounts it was very very nominal. Just about 1-2% over the prices on m2all which is worth paying as it would come installed when you get delivery.

I've also heard that there is significant time needed for shipping from m2all, so there is that as well to consider.

In essence, yes, the prices would be higher but if you can bargain it should not be significantly higher and would end up worth paying.
Sks_Biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:21   #5883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I remember him mentioning somewhere that he is in the line too waiting with his and wife’s booking

I have mentally checked out from my XUV700 booking, have had enough - not worth the hassle and my time. Looking at new Tucson and Fortuner as alternate options, if the dealer/Mahindra can deliver on their own before these materialize then will take it otherwise will go with one of these.
I am not aware of what happened with your delivery, but in a similar case my delivery was 10-17 June. The period went by without any information from M&M. On 20th I wrote a simple 4/5 line mail to CRM head and the vehicle was billed in my name on the next day i.e. yesterday.

Try writing a simple mail expressing your frustration to kharge(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com. Hope it'll help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Now only thing left is how to install a roof carrier /box
Installation of the roof carrier can be found in this thread if you search properly.
It would involve some cutting of the roof rail cover to fix the bracket. IIRC someone had posted the whole process in details way back.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd June 2022 at 14:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:30   #5884
BHPian

Need help BHPians!!

I just finished my PDI of AX7 M DT at PPS Mahindra HRBR Bangalore. Below are the red flags.

1. As per my tracking status and information received from dealer "the car is manufactured in the month of June but the VIN decoding translated it to April 2022.
10th letter N = 2022
12th letter D = April

2. It has 85kms on the ODO and the dealer says it has come till Doddabalapur on train and then drove it till service center where all the cars are kept.

3. There is small amount of rust on all the disc breaks. He says its normal and showed couple of other cars with rust and told it will be cleaned while disc wiping.

I have asked dealer to clarify, waiting for response.
Please let me know how to proceed further.

TIA
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:41   #5885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Need help BHPians!!

I just finished my PDI of AX7 M DT at PPS Mahindra HRBR Bangalore. Below are the red flags.

1. As per my tracking status and information received from dealer "the car is manufactured in the month of June but the VIN decoding translated it to April 2022.
10th letter N = 2022
12th letter D = April

TIA
I believe the gap between April and June is when the vehicle must be off the production line and waiting for semiconductors.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:08   #5886
BHPian

Quote:
Did the dealership charge you extra installation charges for accessories purchased from them? ... but i am now wondering if this is another way to make some quick money
The accessories on m2all.com do not include the installation charge and hence the dealer is correct that their pricing includes the added charge.

In a way it is how they make money since their prices are significantly higher. What I did was order all accessories I wanted from m2all and then asked the accessory head in the showroom about labour costs only. I saved a good amount this way, the accessory guy quoted very nominal charges for installation and everything was installed very professionally.

Some of the accessories require experience and I highly recommend getting those installed at dealership, the OEM screen protector specially needs to be installed by an experienced person as there's a specific way (removing/resetting logo) it needs to get installed to ensure a clean bubble-free look.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:13   #5887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I am not aware of what happened with your delivery, but in a similar case my delivery was 10-17 June. The period went by without any information from M&M. On 20th I wrote a simple 4/5 line mail to CRM head and the vehicle was billed in my name on the next day i.e. yesterday.

Try writing a simple mail expressing your frustration to kharge(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com. Hope it'll help.
Thanks, dropped an email to her and I believe you meant Kharga in place of kharge on the email id? My initial date was Apr 1st week
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:48   #5888
BHPian

Quote:
To all the owners who have already taken delivery: Did the dealership charge you extra installation charges for accessories purchased from them? My dealer - Randhawa Motors - insists that the prices on m2all do not inclue labour charges and their pricing - about 10-30% higher - accounts for installation charges as well. Some accessories like footrest, tailgate scuff plate, sd card, led scuff plates etc are possibly better availed from the dealership but i am now wondering if this is another way to make some quick money .....
No labour charges were asked by my dealer for installing accessories like side step, scuff plates etc.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:53   #5889
BHPian

Quote:
I guess this is the general practice. In my case, nominal installation charges were levied for accessories that needed installation ( example : screen guard, sill plates etc.) and for some accessories like the car cover, the same price as m2all was charged.
suhasark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:54   #5890
BHPian

Quote:
Yes,I am charged around 10-15% additional charges for accessories.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:00   #5891
BHPian

Quote:
10th letter N = 2022
12th letter D = April

2. It has 85kms on the ODO and the dealer says it has come till Doddabalapur on train and then drove it till service center where all the cars are kept.

I think <3 months old and <100 kms driven vehicle is absolutely fine. I got my delivery on 8th may and car is march manufactured

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2022 at 05:44. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:55   #5892
BHPian

Quote:
Need help BHPians!!

10th letter N = 2022
12th letter D = April

TIA
Hi,
Can you pls share how to decode the VIN number?
Thanx in advance
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:05   #5893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need help BHPians!!

Something doesn't add up here. I would suggest to check any other cars ready for delivery and the ODO on them to make sure they are consistent. This is the first time I am hearing a Mahindra car being delivered from plant on a train. Point 3 is normal, so you should be fine.
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:33   #5894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Hi,
Can you pls share how to decode the VIN number?
Thanx in advance

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:38   #5895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

Try writing a simple mail expressing your frustration to kharge(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Thanks, dropped an email to her and I believe you meant Kharga in place of kharge on the email id? My initial date was Apr 1st week
What a coincidence - dropped an email and few hours later got a call back from SA that the vehicle is billed, had called them few times to confirm on billing before sending email but they only got back now. Awaiting VIN and other details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Something doesn't add up here. I would suggest to check any other cars ready for delivery and the ODO on them to make sure they are consistent. This is the first time I am hearing a Mahindra car being delivered from plant on a train. Point 3 is normal, so you should be fine.
Got the same story from SA - mentioned it will come by train and may take 1-2 additional days to arrive as compared to before.
Sandegov is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks