Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 23:03   #5776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Just came back from Week long tour covering 3 states and 4000 KM. My Diego lives up to its name and is a beast on the road.

Did the Bangalore-Mangalore-Udupi-Bangalore trip firstcovering 1000 km+. Got to drive it in the bad ghat roads of Sakleshpur and with continuous rain, tested the vehicle to its limit.

Did the Bangalore- Vizag- Puri-Konark-Chilika-Bhubaneshwar-Vizag-Bangalore trip next covering 3000 + Kms. My entire family is blown away by the vehicle and the way it drives. Few observations:
Congratulations, I had similar experience as I recently drove ~4000 kms across two states Maharashtra and Gujarat in a month (Pune-Thane-Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar-Rajkot-Jamnagar, Jamnagar-Mundra-Jamnagar) and a single day road trip from Jamnagar to Pune (921 kms, 16.5 hours). Mine too is AWD and ODO is at 6000kms in two months of ownership.

Quote:
4) Auto headlamps are a boon. But miss the hi beam mainly on highways during low visibility times. Corner lamps,low beam are very good, but we should have the option to turn on the hi beam when we need it ( and not when the vehicle feels it).
It took a while for me to figure that out. When you keep the headlamps on AUTO mode, even when you switch to high beam; it automatically switches back to low beam. If you want to turn the high beam when you need it, just keep the headlamps in ON mode (not the AUTO mode) and you'll be sorted. This way, you'll also experience the auto booster headlamps when you cross the speeds of 80 kmph! Hope this helps.

Quote:
6) DEF is at 50% now. I think its time for a visit to the service center for DEF top up.
DEF for me shows at 52% level after 6000 kms on the ODO!

Quote:
9) I got a mileage of 13-14 KMPL during the entire trip. Speed was around 100-120 on highways and random inside the city. Crossed 140 multiple times during the trip.

10) Keeping the vehicle in a constant speed increases the mileage considerably. More so when you keep it in the 80 range. i got around 16 from Tirupati to bangalore drive by keeping it in 70-80 range. Taking it above 120 decreases the mileage considerably.
I managed to get between 15 to 17 kmpl during my highway runs across the month. I've shared the actual fuel efficiency of my XUV700 AWD here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5328725 (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?)

Quote:
All in All very happy with the vehicle till now.Had multiple instances of people coming to take photos and enquire about it. Felt like a superstar Mine is an AX7L AWD white.ODO shows 6500 kmS now.
Well, it's a supercar and the team-bhp car of the year 2021 (Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2021 | EDIT, it's the Mahindra XUV700) . Wish you many more happy miles!
techdarshan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 00:31   #5777
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1605d134b7c742f79845654b3173115b.jpeg

Is this the latest version of the software? AX7L D.
Old 16th June 2022, 09:06   #5778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Personally faced no issues from Anant Cars till date. Bare in mind, my interaction with them has been extremely limited. I booked on Jan 3rd and waiting since then! From Girinagar, it is closest. I stay in RR Nagar.

I will pray to god that you don't face any issues with them in future too. And praying is needed when dealing with them
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 11:04   #5779

in the AX7 auto models, is there a way to switch off the engine without switching off the infotainment? In long signals, every time i switch off the engine, the infotainment goes off and disconnects Bluetooth which takes a while to reconnect, and sometimes doesnt reconnect automatically.

I understand there is a way to switch on only infotainment but not engine (push start without pressing on brake pedal), but is there a way to switch off only the engine but not infotainment? :-)
Old 16th June 2022, 11:12   #5780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Attachment 2321198

Is this the latest version of the software? AX7L D.
No, the latest version as of 7th June is 08.01.41. You can see a screen grab in my post here (Mahindra XUV700 Review).
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 11:22   #5781
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post
Congratulations, I had similar experience as I recently drove ~4000 kms across two states Maharashtra and Gujarat in a month (Pune-Thane-Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar-Rajkot-Jamnagar, Jamnagar-Mundra-Jamnagar) and a single day road trip from Jamnagar to Pune (921 kms, 16.5 hours). Mine too is AWD and ODO is at 6000kms in two months of ownership.
Well, it's a supercar and the team-bhp car of the year 2021 (Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2021 | EDIT, it's the Mahindra XUV700) . Wish you many more happy miles!
Same to you. It is a wonderful car and excites me every time i drive it

Last edited by Sheel : 17th June 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Mod note attached.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 14:39   #5782

Question on extended warranty. There seems to be a big difference in prices between buying 4th and 5th year together , vs buying 4th first and then 5th. Is this correct? Can someone share a recent quote of the prices for all 3 options? How accurate is this https://www.91wheels.com/news/mahind...rranty-details ?

I ask because i was told by the dealer that both 4th and 5th year will be activated, but now he has done only 4th year. Problem is, to add 5th after this seems far more expensive than doing both the first time itself.

Please share if you have a recent quote with extended warranty for 4th+5th year for AX7 (better still, AX7 auto petrol)

Thanks!
Old 16th June 2022, 15:36   #5783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
XUV700 AWD AXL : 2.5 Months of Ownership, Completed 11K KMS with a quick Excursion of Srinagar-Leh-Manali Circuit .
Thanks for this update. I have the exact same trip lined up in Aug, from Hyd. Your update gives me a lot of confidence to take the car for the trip.

- For Adblue, did you carry that with you? Or did you visit a M&M workshop there?
Old 16th June 2022, 16:43   #5784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

- For Adblue, did you carry that with you? Or did you visit a M&M workshop there?
I carried the seal packed 20L container with me for a few kms,however, it's not recommended at all to carry this with you as this may spill.
While it may not be inflammable, the liquid leaves a white stain on any surface it comes in contact with and is hard to remove. Better refill at M&M . In case of emergency, you may get it from most of the petrol bunks around .
D_Security_Guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 16:57   #5785
BHPian

Visited Service center after 1st service.

The DEF was at 64% with 5818 KMs. As I have to travel in next 02 days the service manager recommended to refill the DEF prior. He checked the soot value and it was 22000. Engine regen was performed for 45 mins which could only be performed by connecting laptop if it's not flagged by the Car. The Regen light would be automatically ON if the soot value is at 30000 so I was right on time. The service manager strictly told me not to put any other DEF other than MaxiClean. It seems there were instances where DEF was filled from outside and they had faced issues. According to him, there should be some percentage of urea which is required and that was not checked properly prior refiling it. He suggested to keep DEF along so that so it can be top-up. I bought below 6L DEF and pipe to refill and would be keeping it for emergency. As per service engineer, DEF levels can drastically come down if driving is within city and hence a close monitoring is required.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220616154204.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220616154211.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220616154236.jpg

Also, last week I got hill hold error after refueling Diesel. I showed him the snapshot and the software update was performed. After the update, I can set the profile properly.

Overall it was good experience and was out of the showroom in approximately 2.5 hours. It seems last strong feedback was taken seriously at Provincial Mahindra at Nagpur.
Piyush_DT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 17:39   #5786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrmvaishnavi View Post
Please share if you have a recent quote with extended warranty for 4th+5th year for AX7 (better still, AX7 auto petrol)!
You can find the latest quotes in the With You Hamesha app. The prices vary according to transmission, fuel type and duration since purchase. For AX7L diesel automatic the costing was Rs.27138 for 4th and 5th year. I believe the costing for petrol automatic was about 2k cheaper at ~₹25k.

You can also buy the extended warranty any time within first 3 years, the price will increase after first 3 months. I highly recommend buying via With You Hamesha instead of dealer. The app/website gives you instant receipt and warranty extension is instantaneous and immediately reflected in Mahindra’s portal.
Old 16th June 2022, 17:43   #5787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrmvaishnavi View Post
Is there a way to switch off only the engine but not infotainment?
Press the knob near the gear for a few seconds to send the infotainment to standby. It will remain off next time you switch on the car.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 09:03   #5788
BHPian

Quote:
I will pray to god that you don't face any issues with them in future too. And praying is needed when dealing with them
Praying HARD! Not just for experience but also to get the car soon as well
Old 17th June 2022, 12:02   #5789
BHPian

As per this Youtuber, XUV 700 is MAUT KI MACHINE -

Last edited by Manojah : 17th June 2022 at 12:04.
Manojah is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 14:47   #5790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
As per this Youtuber, XUV 700 is MAUT KI MACHINE -

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MeC_csFFbmQ
Scared out of my wits here. I am also having the exact same variant (AX7L AWD). This is one problem no body should face.I normally follow this guy's videos ,mainly his Ladakh/spiti tours. He was very excited when buying this one but very sorry to see him selling it within 2 months. Hope Mahindra is looking at it and will prevent this issue from happening in all their cars.I guess it has to do more with service center capability. Untrained/Unprofessional guys can ruin any brand's reputation.

Most Viewed