Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 10:17   #4276
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
A related question. Anyone in Bangalore recently registered XUV? I was told that I have to download parivahan app to get rc details. No rc card due to chip shortage. Registered my vehicle last week and what I got now is tax receipt and an sms with vehicle number.

Are they not even giving paper rc or RC book?
Yes, same with me. I got my vehicle registered in Nov from Jayanagar RTO and still no RC Book.
Old 18th January 2022, 10:42   #4277
BHPian

Finally after weeks of testing different 7 seaters, booked XUV 700 AX3 Manual Diesel 7 seater. Though started with budget of 15 lakhs, after driving Safari and XUV felt like these are totally different class and worth the hype. I was inclined for Safari initially, following were deal breakers which swayed decision towards XUV:
1) Knee constantly hitting dashboard while pressing clutch despite adjusting seats multiple times
2) Clutch was harder compared to XUV which after drive of approx. 25kms in city caused some knee pain
3) Demo car was run 9k kms but had rattling noise
4) But in terms of space specially 3rd row its better than XUV

Positives of XUV:
1) Never felt like driving big SUV, very easy to drive and felt like made for me car
2) Silent cabin and very less engine noise filters in
3) No rattling noise despite demo car was driven approx. 6k kms
4) Home ministry and kids loved it more

As of now waiting period mentioned in order form is 52 weeks but SA said it will be before (also gives me time to reduce my loan amount). Currently they are receiving 6-7 cars per week but mainly petrol. Also there is huge cancellation for petrol versions so if color is not a constraint you might get car early.
autoweirdo is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 11:11   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
Fellow Bhp’ians

I had Received a delivery date of 25 November for my XUV 700 L D AT AWD. It is almost 2 months late now and no one at Mahindra customer care nor the dealership has a slightest clue about the car. It has been an utterly disappointing experience with Mahindra as a first time buyer from their brand. I feel as if I have been begging to pay 28 lakhs OTR. This is now any car buyer was ever treated even if one buys the most affordable cars on the market. They are not replying to my tweets or emails anymore.
Similar story for me. I was given a date of early January which then moved to a period of Jan end -mid Feb. Around three weeks back, the date disappeared again. Called customer care and they couldn't see any delivery date as well. I was told that things will revert to normal soon and they did as my date got pushed out by a month.

Couple of weeks later a duplicate booking got opened. That now has a delivery date of October 2023. Customer care is clueless about it.

I have been told by the dealer that it is due to their (dealer's) CRMS migration and my original booking will be restored along with price protection. While I am being patient and trying to keep calm, I completely agree with you that this extremely unprofessional behavior bordering on customer harassment.

It appears to me that Mahindra had miscalculated as to how many cars can they deliver. I seriously think they shouldn't have launched AXL7 AWD model if they didn't have enough chips. Maybe they should offer customers an opportunity to forego AWD or Luxury pack if that will improve the delivery timeline.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 11:53   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
Have read reports on Facebook groups stating that the Android Auto update is now available, and that Apple CarPlay is expected at the end of the month.
Can you please share the link source, or if anyone else in the forum has got the Android auto update. I called my service rep yesterday, and they said that Android auto update is not out yet..
Old 18th January 2022, 11:55   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Can you please share the link source, or if anyone else in the forum has got the Android auto update. I called my service rep yesterday, and they said that Android auto update is not out yet..
I'm taking this with a huge pinch of salt. Facebook Groups aren't the most reliable:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8454...4093236825365/
Old 18th January 2022, 12:38   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This post of mine is from September, felt I'd be of context again.

In short, AWD is not for offroading. It is for better grip on tarmac, even dirt tracks.
I second you buddy, people don't realise the importance and value of the electronics and AWD combo kicking in when sh1t happens, unless of couse if they have experienced it.

On a positive note i sincerely pray no one goes through that gut wrenching moment. Take care drive safe guys.
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 13:31   #4282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
My delivery date is still between 2nd mar and 17th mar. Although the SA says it should be around 7th feb as mentioned in the mail by Mahindra. I booked a AX7 L D AT AWD
Just wanted to add that one of the youtuber, explore the unseen, in his latest video has mentioned same - he has been given a delivery date of Feb for his AWD booking. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a AWD batch getting delivered in Feb-Mar time period.
Old 18th January 2022, 13:35   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
My delivery date is still between 2nd mar and 17th mar. Although the SA says it should be around 7th feb as mentioned in the mail by Mahindra. I booked a AX7 L D AT AWD
Yes I have seen the difference of about 3 weeks in the delivery date shown in the website and told by the dealer which is earlier
Old 18th January 2022, 14:42   #4284
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Just wanted to add that one of the Youtuber, explore the unseen, in his latest video has mentioned same - he has been given a delivery date of Feb for his AWD booking. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a AWD batch getting delivered in Feb-Mar time period.
Hoping against hope that they do the delivery soon. Although i wouldn't mind delivery in March also, provided they give a 2022 manufactured one. The only worry i have is selling my current car ( Tata zest) which i am trying to do in this month. Any more delays and i will be without a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Yes I have seen the difference of about 3 weeks in the delivery date shown in the website and told by the dealer which is earlier
Where is your booking done ? Mine is Anant cars.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th January 2022 at 14:49. Reason: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2022, 15:39   #4285
BHPian

Quote:
I'm taking this with a huge pinch of salt. Facebook Groups aren't the most reliable:

Just discussed with service manager of pps. He said no information received till now.
Old 18th January 2022, 15:41   #4286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Got an email confirming delivery date of Nov 9th! But its the wrong variant. Instead of the White AX7L Diesel AT, they have booked Red AX7L Petrol AT!
Had booked on the 8th. Told them to rectify as not in a hurry to take delivery.
Cheers.

NBS obliged in changing the variant as I had asked since it was a glitch on their end. On December 1st they sent me confirmation that the car had reached the stockyard! I was shell shocked as wasn’t expecting the car until July/August 2022. Hadn’t planned the finances and had not even looked for a buyer for the XUV5OO w10 AT. After many inspections from various aggregators and not viable offers, I thought I would lose the opportunity to get the XUV7OO. But just before I was about to call the dealer and cancel my booking, I got an unexpected call from a neighbour asking if I was still interested in selling my car! The deal was a win win for both of us. While the deal was done he needed 2 weeks to make the payment and I genuinely believed as he said he didn’t want to take a loan and would be breaking his FDs. Nice chap, so obliged and asked for a token amount. Now it was time to speak to my relationship manager at NBS and ask for more time to take delivery as I needed about 3 weeks to arrange for finances at my end! And they were very accommodating. We agreed on December 21 as the day to make all payments and take delivery around Christmas.

Took delivery of Everest White AX7L D AT on Christmas Eve! Delivery experience was a mixed bag! Long wait as many deliveries were scheduled that day! But returned home with everyone smiling ear to ear! So the mood was upbeat! Have hardly driven in the 3 weeks, but whenever we are out its a complete joy! Cannot express the feeling of upgrading from the xuv500 w10 AT which in itself was a great car and served me well!

But the ride quality, ease of steering wheel, and the audio quality is far far better than the XUV500. Or atleast that’s my personal opinion! I had become an admirer of Mahindra with the XUV500 but with this one, I feel proud of what Mahindra has brought to the market! While I may have not sat in many fancy German or European cars, but this seems to be right up there! Installed some very good mats which cover edge to edge. Someone I know in the accessories business recommended Ctrack for flor mats. Got in Tan colour in leatherette for 5K.

Also fitted the micro SD card for continuous recording from Mahindra itself.

Alexa is able to search for most songs either on Hungama Music or Gaana. I believe in some cars Alexa will play through Saavn. I was told cars have been randomly allotted different music streaming service through Alexa. But now I use Spotify through my phone.

As expected a few niggles on the tech side. Will keep it brief
1. I have turned of Auto Emergency Braking as its not consistent. So cannot rely on it
2. Have also turned off Blindspot Monitoring as i rather do it the old school way for now
3. Forward Collision Alert is not consistent. Sometimes I do get alerts sometimes nothing!
4. While the phone is connected, sometimes it did not show the network icon. Only the e-sim network icon showed up
5. Without the phone being on the wireless charging pad, the wireless charging icon would show up
6. Navigation wasn’t stable, it would work sometimes and sometimes it would show I am in the middle of the Indian Ocean!
7. Last few days, there was an error that popped up on the top of the screen “Device no response” and the audio would play only from the left front speaker. Basically the equaliser settings had randomly changed.
8. The most annoying was that on turning on the car, the infotainment would automatically start playing music on very high volume and cycle through Radio—-> My Drive—-> USB. Didn’t know previously that there is a way to turn off the infotainment system before shutting the car down. Keep the intelli control knob pressed down for 5 seconds. This is similar to my XUV5OO but had no clue you could do it here as well! This way the infotainment will not turn on the next time you switch your car on.

Called up Mahindra to let them know of these issues. They asked me to bring in the car for software upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Can someone please confirm the latest version of software installed in AX 7 Diesel Automatic.

I too am facing random Audio source selection issue. Some time it starts playing the Radio and other times, it starts playing from the plugged in USB drive.

Has anyone got the latest software update from Mahindra? Have they sorted these issues?
The SW version that is now showing is 06.14.41 vs 06.00.81 previously.

So far issues 4,5,6 & 7 seemed to have been resolved. Also I noticed that on activating the voice command from the steering wheel, I now can see Google Assistant open on the big screen. Earlier it was Siri! Functionality is the same. I have successfully dialled out, sent a text message and WhatsApp message, and also sent a voice message as well. So pretty happy with the results.

I asked the technician at Mahindra as to how one can transfer the videos captured in the micro SD card to a USB or your phone. He said he thought there is a way and tried everything but could not do it.He said he would look into it and get back to me. I am hopeful that in the next software update this should be possible.

Now I only need CarPlay to get activated to get GMaps.

That’s it for now!
Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:57   #4287
BHPian

Quote:

A reply to this post..

“Mahindra Support says that Android Auto is still pending. Update is only to fix starting audio issue and that Android Auto will come in Feb”
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:14   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
I asked the technician at Mahindra as to how one can transfer the videos captured in the micro SD card to a USB or your phone. He said he thought there is a way and tried everything but could not do it.He said he would look into it and get back to me. I am hopeful that in the next software update this should be possible.
Please see the video by an youtuber named jojowheelie. He has mentioned how this can be achieved.

Last edited by ampere : 18th January 2022 at 19:36. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 18th January 2022, 19:14   #4289
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra is making fun of us

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220118_103156.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 18th January 2022 at 19:35.
praveenkkr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:52   #4290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here's latest round of info on the XUV700.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
Mahindra should also consider including paddle shifters and terrain response modes for the AWD. Such a powerful and torquey engine would be fun with paddle shifters. Terrain response modes would bring it at the playing level of 30L+ SUV segment and the Compass.
GhostRider28 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks