Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2022, 07:41   #4411
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

3. Mahindra is on course to deliver 20k XUVs by February end. According to my sources, customers can expect rescheduled delivery dates post February.
Hello Ram, Is it 20k XUVS totally or 20k new XUVS?
Old 30th January 2022, 12:04   #4412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello Ram, Is it 20k XUVS totally or 20k new XUVS?
I guess it is 20k in total. Already 14k are delivered, 6k deliveries can be done in the month of Feb.

Delivering 20k vehicles may not be practical.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 12:51   #4413

Dad's midnight black XUV 700

Hey everyone, hope you all are doing well and in best health!

I'm finally a member of such an amazing community, full of passionate people. Thank You!

I've been following the XUV 700 forum since inception, and it has helped me a lot in getting to know the car in depth and also the inside scoops which one won't find on YouTube or other forums. This is my first proper post on this community and will contain my observations on my dad's XUV 700 AX7L AT (Midnight Black)

We took the delivery back in November and since then it has been driven about 500 km (not much ik!) but plan on taking a long trip soon enough.

Attached a few pics below:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211124_160621.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220101_114912.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211124_160612.jpg

TIME TO LIST DOWN MY OBSERVATIONS:
  • The ride quality is VERY impressive especially on smooth roads. It quite literally feels like you're flying on magic carpet, or floating. The sensation is so unreal. Though if the roads are bad, i.e. having deep undulations, potholes etc. then it struggles as you can clearly hear the thuds but on the other hand its not felt as much as its heard. Could be that sound proofing isn't done properly underneath the car, or on the floor? One time mom drove over a pothole a bit too fast and the thud was so loud that I thought that suspension broke (lol). But on the other hand I hardly felt it.

• I finally did a PhD on sunroof/curtain operations. Its a bit tedious to operate but nonetheless quite fun to do so. Alexa works like a charm, operates the sunroof as told. I've used it for navigation too. (Alexa! Take me home) You need to save home address on AdrenoX first. It plays music from Gaana or Saavn I think... Infotainment is a bit sluggish but user friendly. As mentioned by other users too, when you start the car or connect a phone, music plays on full volume suddenly which in a 12 speaker car is a bit too much. But driver instrument cluster is a whole another level. If you open a menu or select some setting you can literally can count till 3 and then it opens Rest assured, both driver cluster and infotainment work without any hiccups as such. Won't say anything about speakers as BHPians have already emphasized a lot on it. Its like a surround cinema hall experience to say the least. Very ear-pleasing!

• Exterior: On a closer inspection I found inconsistent panel gaps around the bonnet and the boot. The standard side footsteps which Mahindra offers (the plastic ones) are flimsy and maybe weak... When I climbed on them they looked a bit weak (I'm 62 kg) The build quality may be amazing (5 star, safest car of India etc.) but the way this car has been put together is not good. It has been done hurriedly. Man I hate accelerated mass production! Paint quality is good, spotted very light scratches under direct sunlight.

• Interior: First look, it feels premium, simple and subtle. Everyone knows about the space offered in all 3 rows, so I'm skipping that. The plastic quality inside is not good. Low grade, I sincerely hope they age well, though I have 0 expectations. Below the driver side, just above left knee, I noticed a panel gap, informed the SA. Seat quality is nice, the dashboard leather is also nice, center console piano black looks cool, buttons are mushy to operate. They don't have that strong click. The window glass quality is not up to the mark, feels a bit flimsy and less sturdy compared to the one on our XUV 500. Material quality is the only killer for me.

• Things I would love to see in this car. Please produce it slowly and steadily ensuring panel gaps and work quality! Hydraulic struts, lifting the bonnet is a workout in itself. Auto dimming IRVM (in luxury cars, its a necessity). Cooled & heated seats. Maybe a powered tailgate...A bit more leather or soft touch upholstery on dashboard and doors please!! Also if possible bring wood inserts back but of better quality.

All said, this car is a major improvement over the XUV 500 in terms of NVH, ride quality, premium feel, smoothness, sound! and thus providing an overall enhanced user experience. Love it!

New vs Old: Bonnet slope of 500 is more than 700
Mahindra XUV700 Review-edit1minmin.png

Since this is my first, would love to hear your opinions
ProBro is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 15:09   #4414
BHPian

Does anyone have insights into the current model-wise waiting times? Models I am referring to are:
1. AX L P AT
2. AX L D AT
3. AX L D AT AWD
Old 30th January 2022, 16:28   #4415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Does anyone have insights into the current model-wise waiting times? Models I am referring to are:
1. AX L P AT
2. AX L D AT
3. AX L D AT AWD
This has been posted recently by a fellow member recently in another thread on XUV700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
XUV700 waiting time displayed at Mahindra showroom, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 18:55   #4416
BHPian

Re: Dad's midnight black XUV 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBro View Post

We took the delivery back in November and since then it has been driven about 500 km (not much ik!) but plan on taking a long trip soon enough.

As mentioned by other users too, when you start the car or connect a phone, music plays on full volume suddenly which in a 12 speaker car is a bit too much.
Congratulations on your new ride! Midnight black is a stunner! I previously owned W10AT Black and thought of Midnight Black for the XUV7OO, but finally decided on the White!

For this issue this is what I do
- Hit pause on the current source of audio.
- Get the infotainment system to the Home Screen by pressing the “HOME” button.
- Press & hold the Intelli Control knob till the infotainment system turns off. I have set the system clock to be displayed when the system is turned off, just fyi.

Next time when you switch the engine on, the infotainment system does not turn on automatically. Only when you press the intelli control knob again, will the infotainment power up. And the volume is no longer loud. It starts with the radio and then cycles to the USB for music. But the sound is no manageable. There is a setting in user profile where you can, among other things, set the preference for audio source (setting it to Bluetooth), but it does not work for me. Need to figure that one out!

I hope this works for you and others who are having trouble with this.

Cheers!

Last edited by Eddy : 30th January 2022 at 19:20. Reason: fixed quotes
Vashanis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 19:33   #4417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! Midnight black is a stunner! I previously owned W10AT Black and thought of Midnight Black for the XUV7OO, but finally decided on the White!

For this issue this is what I do
- Hit pause on the current source of audio.
- Get the infotainment system to the Home Screen by pressing the “HOME” button.
- Press & hold the Intelli Control knob till the infotainment system turns off. I have set the system clock to be displayed when the system is turned off, just fyi.

Next time when you switch the engine on, the infotainment system does not turn on automatically. Only when you press the intelli control knob again, will the infotainment power up. And the volume is no longer loud. It starts with the radio and then cycles to the USB for music. But the sound is no manageable. There is a setting in user profile where you can, among other things, set the preference for audio source (setting it to Bluetooth), but it does not work for me. Need to figure that one out!

I hope this works for you and others who are having trouble with this.

Cheers!

This issue is now fixed via software update and I don't get that irritating auto volume up every time I start now
aravind84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 19:50   #4418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
2. AX L D AT
I have booked a AX7L D AT (Silver) through a Bangalore based dealer on 21/01/2022 and have got an estimated delivery date of 23/09/2023-23/10/2023.
Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 20:09   #4419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
This issue is now fixed via software update and I don't get that irritating auto volume up every time I start now
Can you please confirm your software version? Mine is 06.14.41

Cheers!
Old 30th January 2022, 21:00   #4420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBro View Post
The standard side footsteps which Mahindra offers (the plastic ones) are flimsy and maybe weak... When I climbed on them they looked a bit weak (I'm 62 kg)
I was skeptical about that too, but I clarified it with someone at the dealership, and he told me that these are made pretty heavy, and I can easily stand on them.
I am over 100kg, and now I stand on them regularly to clean the roof. Hence, I think you shouldn't worry about that.
talha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 23:14   #4421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Can you please confirm your software version? Mine is 06.14.41

Cheers!
The latest software version is 7.00.11

You may contact the service center for a walk in update!
rish_shish137 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 10:17   #4422
BHPian

This weekend I went to showroom to complete formalities and SA said within 10 days I may get my XUV AX5 5 seater AT Diseal Black. SA said mine would be the first variant in this combination they would deliver. There have been instances where Mar 2022 vehicles are getting delivered in Jan 2022 so even dealer doesn't have any clue and said I may get in next 5 days as well. The online status of my booking says order under planning with no date mentioned.

Accessories are very expensive hence decided to have only few which would be reverse camera, mud flaps, premium car cover, seat cover (SA showed black but I am not sure of color so undecided). The quality of 3D floor mat is pathetic. I have seen of KIA's and this is not worth it. The 7D is very expensive so would buy from Coozo. I would recommend to go for 7D without any second thought.

SA said he would speak to bank and would match my quote of ₹71k of ICICI insurance. Yet to recieve confirmation.

Test drove again as I couldn't keep calm. It is huge, smooth and powerful. The suspensions are really good. Faced an issue when tried to change the mode to Zoom from Zap. Couldn't do it so have to restart the vehicle. The screens are very sharp and impressive. After taking the drive again, I can say to all that it is worth the wait. The drive would make you happy and you would forget about the niggles.
Piyush_DT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 11:03   #4423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
Accessories are very expensive hence decided to have only few which would be reverse camera, mud flaps, premium car cover, seat cover (SA showed black but I am not sure of color so undecided). The quality of 3D floor mat is pathetic. I have seen of KIA's and this is not worth it. The 7D is very expensive so would buy from Coozo. I would recommend to go for 7D without any second thought.
Please post about the seat covers in case you decide to buy those. I am very skeptic about the quality after seeing some online reviews. I believe, they are also offering whitish/beige seat covers. Other than the accessories you have mentioned, I'd go for side steps and rear bumper protector, though they are expensive.
Old 31st January 2022, 12:33   #4424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
Please post about the seat covers in case you decide to buy those. I am very skeptic about the quality after seeing some online reviews. I believe, they are also offering whitish/beige seat covers. Other than the accessories you have mentioned, I'd go for side steps and rear bumper protector, though they are expensive.
I would recommend you to go for after market side steps. They are half the price of the genuine accessory but equally good in quality and looks, if not better. Same with seat covers. I went and checked the seat covers sold in the Mahindra showroom and they were not upto the mark.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:56   #4425
BHPian

Dear All,

I am planning to book XUV700 AX7L P AT from AMPL limited, Thoraipakkam, Chennai. They have verbally told that the delivery timeline for my variant selected in 6 to 8 months, however i think it will take about 10 to 12 months. Some of the discussions I had with them was

1. Im looking to take insurance outside since they provide only ICICI or Liberty(never heard about this). Currently i have Bajaj Allianz and I have to check if they provide cashless for Mahindra/Service centre. They are in-principle OK in me taking the insurance outside.
2. I am not going with the additional accessories which they are going to provide. Could result in savings of INR 25000.
3. Booking charge is INR21000 and cancellation will invite a penalty of 10%.

Im looking for some feedback about the dealership from you folks

1. How good/bad are they? Google reviews give them a rating of 4.9 out of 154 reviews. I must say TD experience was too good, i was attended immediately and the SA patiently answered all my queries.

2. In case of cancellation, how soon is the refund processed?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks