Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 21:09   #4396
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi Guys,

Just to keep you guys posted: Since my delivery Date is around June-July, and i was not willing to wait till then (I have already waited for more than an year now , have lost Patience with the way Mahindra is been responding on the deliveries). So, I had booked the Hyundai Alcazar Signature AT 7 Seater in December. I am going to take the delivery tomorrow .
Will update the Alcazar thread on the delivery and ownership experience at the following link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-17.html (Hyundai Alcazar Review)

Question for the other folks:
What is the process of Cancelling the XUV700? I spoke with my sales executive and he asked me to send an Email to his Dealership team. Its been 3 days, there is no Update on it yet. Please suggest.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2022 at 22:37. Reason: Typos, random upper/lower case fixed.
msksalman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 22:53   #4397
BHPian

Hello,
My uncle has booked an AX-5 DAT and has some queries regarding the aftermarket rear camera for the same.
Please share your valuable inputs.
1) XUV700 reverse camera is cvbs or ahd input for the infotainment?
2) What is max resolution supported by infotainment system?
3) Has anyone fitted an aftermarket camera for AX5 variant? Please share details.
Old 28th January 2022, 00:24   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I got an update that my AWD will be delivered before 7th Feb.
Hey this is awesome!!mind sharing the initial delivery date slot and dealership?
Old 28th January 2022, 02:04   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvliner22 View Post
3) Has anyone fitted an aftermarket camera for AX5 variant? Please share details.
I got it installed by the dealer. They charged around 3k. Quality is very good. But doesn’t come with the housing that the AX7 has. The camera is mounted just below the logo using a clamp (Pic attached)

Infotainment screen resolution is 1080p I guess.
Attached Images

Last edited by Enthusiast81 : 28th January 2022 at 02:08.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 08:58   #4400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
Hi Guys,

Question for the other folks:
What is the process of Cancelling the XUV700? I spoke with my sales executive and he asked me to send an Email to his Dealership team. Its been 3 days, there is no Update on it yet. Please suggest.
As you have booked through dealer, you have to cancel through dealer. The dealer will require an evidence, so email is required. Sometime although the dealer will refund you the money, they hold it for sometime to get the vehicle billed. In that case they can sell it to someone else.

On another note, sad to hear that you had to cancel due to long delay. Alcazar is also a very nice car and moreover the good quality service from Hyundai will be there. Many many congratulations!!! Will wait for your ownership experience.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 09:36   #4401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I got an update that my AWD will be delivered before 7th Feb.
Awesome! Which dealer it is from? All the very best
Old 28th January 2022, 10:55   #4402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Hey this is awesome!!mind sharing the initial delivery date slot and dealership?

I had received the 7th Feb date via the email. On the site, it is still showing as between 2nd Mar-17th Mar. The SA had confirmed that the date in the mail will be honored.Latest update was that the Vehicle is going for billing and within 4-5 days, it will be in the stockyard. I am rushing to prepare the finances now
Old 28th January 2022, 12:19   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Are the AWD variants getting a badge on the boot lid like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
This is the reply on the same IG account's story.

Attachment 2265647

If this AWD badge is really from factory then it looks like M&M is mighty confused on badge placement on this car. Initially the ADRENOX badge was moved from front fender to real quarter panel for good. Then there were recent rumours that they have removed the ADRENOX badge from the infotainment screen and now this AWD badge confusion.

Guess we will have to wait until the first batch of AWDs are out.
Guys as per my experience , this is exactly what the aftermarket AWD available online looks like.

I would know because I have the same installed on mine.

Had to do it because during my boot replacement ( rust issues).

New boot was without the badge and this was what I could find online.

Sharing pictures of before and after.

Original AWD badge :

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8782.jpg

Aftermarket AWD badge :

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_6532.jpg
vinitbhavi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:57   #4404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
If you have the amount ready without loan, I think you can make your friend get the car without registration. Then register it in your name.

I didn't know that suspension feel also differs in AWD vehicle. Can you please elaborate that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Thanks vinitbhavi,

Just the answers that I was looking for.

I think this could be the answers that would've satisfy most new AWD owners.

By the way, am I right in saying that XUV5OO didn't have independent suspension in the FWD format, whereas XUV7OO has independent suspension for both FWD and AWD. That's why you are saying you got a better suspension feel?
The technical post has been addressed in a subsequent post, so wont repeat the same.
Suspension set up is most definitely different and has been confirmed by self after driving FWD and AWD.
The same was also echoed by senior XUV members after having driven my AWD, the ride feels more planted.
The downside is the gears (especially. the 1st) are really really short.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 11:14   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I got it installed by the dealer. They charged around 3k. Quality is very good. But doesn’t come with the housing that the AX7 has. The camera is mounted just below the logo using a clamp (Pic attached)

Infotainment screen resolution is 1080p I guess.
Can you share the details (Make,Model) of the installed camera and whether it comes with dynamic guidelines?
A close up photo of the fitting location will help !
Old 29th January 2022, 19:37   #4406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvliner22 View Post
Can you share the details (Make,Model) of the installed camera and whether it comes with dynamic guidelines?
A close up photo of the fitting location will help !
It was bought from the dealer,bro. Should be Mahindra genuine accessory that’s listed in their site. It does come with guidelines.
Old 29th January 2022, 20:00   #4407
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

As promised, here's some latest dope on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, the parameters which the algorithm designed by Accenture takes into account for delivery timelines includes in no specific order-zone,city,customer service area(CSA),colour,variant,number of seats,fuel type etc.

That's why it's not designed to favour customers who have booked their XUVs on the 1st or 2nd day. So even if someone has booked his XUV700 from Assam in December for example will get the delivery earlier than someone who has booked on 7th October irrespective of the variant.

2. Since AX5 and AX7 variants share the same basic dashboard design, production of these variants is being prioritized. Also most of the bookings are for these two variants only.

3. Mahindra is on course to deliver 20k XUVs by February end. According to my sources, customers can expect rescheduled delivery dates post February.

4. One of the directives given to the team of engineers developing the XUV700 was to reduce the clutter of buttons on the dashboard. That's why they came up with the huge twin screen setup. Also according to my sources, the cost of the two screens combined is not more than 18k rupees(cost to company).

5. Mahindra will likely introduce accessory kits for the 360° camera and Sony system for customers of lower variants towards the end of this year which can be installed at the dealership level.

6. Mahindra has begun testing heated and cooled seats in the XUV700. Also provision for the seat motor is already there in the current XUV700 below the seatbase.

That's all for now. Next update will come on next Saturday I.e. 5th of next month. So stay tuned for that.
ram87pune is online now   (60) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 20:34   #4408

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

6. Mahindra has begun testing heated and cooled seats in the XUV700. Also provision for the seat motor is already there in the current XUV700 below the seatbase.
Does that mean, that current vehicles will be able to upgrade to ventilated seats too??
Old 29th January 2022, 22:18   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Will it be possible to install this on the current XUV700? If yes, Mahindra will earn a lot of respect from the present as well as upcoming customers.
Old 29th January 2022, 23:57   #4410

XUV700 Owner's manual in pdf format available on official website - https://auto.mahindra.com/service/owners-manual
Shrapann is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks