Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 07:13   #4351

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelotus View Post
I would suggest you should wait atleast till aug 22 and I am sure you would get some realistic near by delivery date.
Yes, I will wait perhaps till then to see if things improve else will move on.

I’m hoping the first clean up of some of these duplicate and non-serious cases happens in Apr ‘22 as part of their FY sales closure.
Old 24th January 2022, 07:53   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Looks like colour and variant choice makes a huge variance in waiting period. I am also ok to wait till Dusherra / Diwali and if no confirmation till then will see for best available option. I had booked it on 18th Jan.
It's actually not the colour that matters, it's the variant. The AX5 has a lesser waiting period than the AX7 and AX7L. The ADAS systems in the AX7 & AX7L is probably the reason for this. I read somewhere that 60 chips alone is needed for the ADAS systems.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th January 2022 at 17:12. Reason: Capital letters
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 10:41   #4353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
It's actually not the colour that matters, it's the variant. The Ax5 has a lesser waiting period than the Ax7 and Ax7L. The ADAS systems in the Ax7 & Ax7L is probably the reason for this. I read somewhere that 60 chips alone is needed for the ADAS systems.
So far XUV deliveries are done quite the opposite logic. Higher + petrol variants first. They used a logic that what ever the chips available lets use them on high end variants having higher margins + no so popular (read it as petrol) first.
Old 24th January 2022, 10:46   #4354
BHPian

I came across this video of Gagan who shows how ADAS can be beneficial in severe fog conditions. Severe fog would be a common scenario in North India these days.

Note - Please do not try this on your car, its very dangerous and I am just putting this video for reference to show what ADAS can do in such situations.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 24th January 2022 at 10:49. Reason: Typo correction
swarnava.ch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 13:28   #4355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

As promised, here's some latest dope on the XUV700.

1. After the launch of the all new Scorpio, according to my sources there will be some reshuffling of XUV700 variants. This will mainly happen with the MX and AX3 variants. Expect some configurations like 5/7 seats, gearbox options etc. to be altered.
This makes sense - if the draft rules on 6-airbags being mandatory goes into effect, it would certainly warrant a feature revision. I think M&M should go ahead and offer 6-airbags pro-actively in all variants, keeping the torch of being the safest SUV in the country well lit and out front. The Ki Carens is offering this feature across the range, and in this segment the cost of the additional airbags as a percentage of the price is not very high, so makes sense to make this change with an attendant price revision, as volumes should not be affected too much.

One other feature M&M should offer across the range is ESP. Right now it is available only in AX5and upwards, this is a key feature for a high riding SUV. VW and Skoda are offering ESP as standard across the Taigun/Kushaq range. With these changes it may make sense to altogether remove MX and start the range at AX3 - it will make for a very strong entry level offering with all essential safety features and creature comforts.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th January 2022 at 13:30.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 13:47   #4356
BHPian

A friend has booked XUV700 under price protection. His delivery date has been revised to October. He doesn't want to wait that long and is going to cancel. Is it possible to instead transfer the booking with the price protection to someone else (me!)?

Last edited by naru80 : 24th January 2022 at 14:13.
Old 24th January 2022, 14:06   #4357

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelotus View Post
I would suggest you should wait atleast till aug 22 and I am sure you would get some realistic near by delivery date.
I had booked diesel AX7L MT and switched to AX7 MT petrol, now online it shows two bookings in my name. Point here is that since one of this is a duplicate booking, which i would anyhow cancle on receipt of vehicle
I agree with you here as I have gone through similar ordeal. I booked AX 5 MT Petrol on 8th oct but then got egged on by my family to move on to a higher variant AX7 MT petrol on 9th Oct. I received the delivery date for AX5 in May- June 2022 and for the variant I booked on 9th I received the delivery date of 2nd Jan. After completing PDI and finalising on the date I took the delivery on 12th Jan , also adjusted the booking amount for AX5 in the final bill. The AX5 hasn't been cancelled by dealer and I think it will be available to some lucky person around Apr - May. Considering many people might have a similar thought process to me , watch out for such availability and keep in touch with your dealer for a lucky break.
Old 24th January 2022, 14:25   #4358

Hi friends, I own a Jaguar XF and used to own a Hexa, but sold the Hexa and was on the first band wagon for XUV700 AT diesel. Now I am unable to take Jaguar on a routine drive. I want to buy a preowned car till June (my supposed date of XUV delivery).

I have an option of a Safari Storme VX 2 wheel drive for about Rs. 11 lakhs, odo - 57,000 km. Should I go ahead?

Please advise.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th January 2022 at 23:01. Reason: Capital letters, punctuation, grammar
Murali1656 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 15:40   #4359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post

Hi vinitbhavi,

Thanks for your message.

Just a few questions as you had good experience with AWD XUV5OO.
Hi my two cents on below:

Quote:
1. Do you feel any extra vibrations, noise, or anything else when it transforms from front wheel drive to all wheel drive?
- Nothing at all in most conditions it will not be noticeable, you may however choose to manually lock the AWD, which gets disengaged at higher speeds.

Quote:
2. Is there any marked difference in fuel efficiency of front wheel drive vs all wheel drive?
- In the end its all in the driving which can give you the best buck for the mile, however the diff has been about 1 km/ltr less than the FWD for similar driving styles.
This is more than made up by the better driving dynamics and suspension feel.

Quote:
3. Any extra maintenance that you had to do in the last 5 years for AWD?
- Nothing more than oil change.

Quote:
4. When did you feel AWD came into great use on tarmac or elsewhere?
Thanks
- The XUV is a very capable vehicle in its FWD avatar as well.
AWD is most useful on bad roads where i manually engage the same and for some softroading fun!

Attaching pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8077.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 27th January 2022 at 15:23. Reason: Quote tag fixed
vinitbhavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 15:41   #4360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murali1656 View Post
Hi friends, I own a Jaguar XF and used to own a hexa but sold the hexa and was on the first band wagon for xuv700 at diesel l . Now I am unable to take jaguar on a routine drive. I want to buy a preowned car till june(my supposed date of xuv delivery) .
I have an option for safari storme vx 2wheel drive at about 11 lacks, odo 57000. Should I go ahead?
Advice please
Since you own a car already it would be best to wait for a while. Safari can be difficult to resell and may result in a loss. You could consider renting a car from the likes of zoomcar for 6 months which may be a low-outlay option. If you must buy, get a fast moving model like an S-Cross, previous generation Creta or or Breeza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
A friend has booked XUV700 under price protection. His delivery date has been revised to October. He doesn't want to wait that long and is going to cancel. Is it possible to instead transfer the booking with the price protection to someone else (me!)?
I believe this may be possible at the time of delivery, but only to a relative. Some sort of evidence is being asked for to establish the relationship. It is a loss of an opportunity for the dealer to do the transfer, as otherwise they maybe able to sell it at a higher price point to those who directly approach them.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th January 2022 at 15:45.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 17:04   #4361
BHPian

I was in this exact situation like you when I booked my XUV 700 AX5 Diesel AT 5 seater.

Twice the delivery dates was pushed and that got me to a situation where I cancelled my booking and booked an Innova GX AT. Again a discussion with the family made me to rethink about the XUV 700. The pricing of the Innova GX AT was also one of the factors to rethink about my decision. Luckily for me my cancellation was not processed by Mahindra dealer, hence stopped the cancellation request immediately. Thought about the options for a day and went ahead with the booking of XUV 700 and cancellation of Innova.

To my surprise I received my call from the dealership during the last week of December confirming the allotment of vehicle and I took the delivery of the SUV on 7th Jan.

Probability is high that you will receive your vehicle earlier than the customer promise date of delivery.

The wait is also worth.

Teething issues are there but I hope it goes away soon.

I will soon start a detailed thread on the ownership experience
zeus_700 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 17:54   #4362

Thank you 84 monsoon, my brain says the same but these decisions are an amalgamation of many past unfulfilled fantasies, as a college student I had a fix on safari, may this is a reliving of the Fantasy, in addition what I thought was maybe I would lose around 50000 on resale which would be less than the rental value and in addition the rental people s speed and other regulations are irksome.
Old 24th January 2022, 17:56   #4363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
If you have the amount ready without loan, I think you can make your friend get the car without registration. Then register it in your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
- In the end its all in the driving which can give you the best buck for the mile, however the diff has been about 1 km/ltr less than the FWD for similar driving styles.
This is more than made up by the better driving dynamics and suspension feel.
I didn't know that suspension feel also differs in AWD vehicle. Can you please elaborate that?
Old 24th January 2022, 19:52   #4364
BHPian

Received a mail from dealer for delays in AWD delieveries .

No specific dates/months provided .

Just some vague words for the delays, due to "global shortage of few specific input components"
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_202201241927303.jpg  

D_Security_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 20:42   #4365
BHPian

Thanks vinitbhavi,

Just the answers that I was looking for.

I think this could be the answers that would've satisfy most new AWD owners.

By the way, am I right in saying that XUV5OO didn't have independent suspension in the FWD format, whereas XUV7OO has independent suspension for both FWD and AWD. That's why you are saying you got a better suspension feel?

Last edited by fazalmirza : 24th January 2022 at 20:46.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks