Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2021, 18:05   #3601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I would say that there is nothing to worry about. With the kind of rush that exists to grab whatever little xuv7OO is produced, it would make no sense to keep a car parked for 3 months at the dealer end.

Does the dealer have a dedicated test drive car by the way? A three months old TD car would have shown in terms of its condition, during PDI. I would have ignored the manufacturing date if I were you here.
Its Not a TD car for sure, as ODO is 65, the tyres looked new, No running / muck splatter on the insides of sidewall around the wheels, the underbody is clean no splash marks anywhere..
Shai100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 18:38   #3602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Guys, i too ordered key fob from m2all and its one of the worst & cheap product from Mahindra which is not even worth 50 rupees. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT.
Update: As stated by others, Mahindra scheduled a return pickup and now waiting for refund.

Also, took delivery of AX7 P MT on Dec 9th, will try to write a detailed review after the first 1k kms.

Attaching few pics of Blue Bolt

Name:  1.jpeg
Views: 1566
Size:  166.3 KB

Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpeg
kachamohan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 19:51   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here's latest round of info on the XUV700.

1. Mahindra has kept aside around 400 XUVs as a contingency plan for those customers like the one who was featured on the fuel injected channel so that quick replacements can be given in case of major defects and issues.

2. The first facelift for the XUV700 will come alongwith the launch of XUV900 coupe and it will feature a revised front end wherein the bonnet will be made a bit lower and the overall front look will be made sleeker. Features like laser lights and advanced ADAS can be expected on the facelift.

3. Mahindra is working on an improved design for the weather cord which surrounds the door area as well as thicker glass for the windows so as to improve the overall NVH further still.

4. According to my sources, Mahindra changed the design of the solenoid valve in the starter motor of the petrol variants of the XUV700 as it was leading to overcranking of the motor which in turn would result in excessive heat generation and load on the starter motor. The updated valve is present on all customer cars but the older valve is present in all the TD cars and media cars.

5. The wooden panel on the door pad which houses the power seat controls was changed at the last minute because it was found to have a peeling effect in the long run. This change was made very late in the development phase and Mahindra used the wooden panels only on the initial lot of XUVs.

6. According to my sources, the Sony 3d system was not tested in any prototypes of the XUV700 which were spotted all across India. The prototypes only had the speaker covers and no wiring or speakers were present as such. Mahindra tested the acoustics in a special lab on design prototypes created specially for testing the acoustics. Also according to my sources, the best place to really enjoy the 3d effect is the 2nd row.

7. The MStallion engine prototypes are ready with the flex fuel technology and Mahindra can quickly launch them in the market as soon as the government announces the introduction of the same.

8. Mahindra's Detroit technical centre has benchmarked the Chevrolet Volt's EV platform for their BEV vehicles. According to my sources, Tata,MG and even Maruti are in talks with Mahindra to share the basic architecture of this platform for their next generation of EVs. Maruti is finding the EV technology of partner Toyota to be relatively expensive as compared to Mahindra's technology.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is online now   (49) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 20:22   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostmite View Post
If its OK, can you please share the Dealer name? I see that your location is Pune and I hope the dealer through which I have booked is the same.

Just hoping that the further processing(Payment and PDI) would be hassle free.
Thanks in Advance.
Sahyadri Motors, Baner.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 21:24   #3605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi, guys,

I had gone for PDI of My XUV700 AX7L Petrol, The car was parked at stock yard and had 65 KMS on the ODO, I checked the VIN number and the car is about 3 Months old,
Sounds strange. Chips are not something that can be popped in after the car has been made, they usually are soldered into the boards at the sub-system level. Most electronic units, other than the infotainment system, are embedded inside the dash or the engine bay and it would not be possible to assemble the vehicle with these systems absent. This is unlike the example of the Thar last year, where infotainment systems were fixed at the dealer level after the car was shipped.

I would be suspicious especially since there are many reports of M&M replacing the XUVs if there are errors with ADAS or similar failures. What happens to the units that were replaced? They are probably rectified by replacing some sub-systems and then allotted to newer customers in the wait list. I hope this is not the case with your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post

3. Door shut with ugly Maruti like thud.

11. Visibility and ergonomics of infotainment system is not that nice.
While I have differences of opinion on your other points and I could try to imagine someone having such a perception about the XUV700 on those points, the above two statements, IMO, are beyond comprehension of most average car loving BHP-ians.

There is simply no way the door heft and thud of the XUV can be compared to a Maruti! The XUV weighs two tonnes and is built solidly. If Maruti were to build a car this big, it would probably manage to do so under 1200 kg! Marutis and downright tinny while the XUV is tough and heavy.

The infotainment system on the XUV is one of the best in terms of visibility of any I have seen. You will probably need to adjust the brightness or it is possible that the car you saw had a weak battery?. No Maruti (or for that matter Toyota or Honda) has such a brilliant Infotainment system.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 14th December 2021 at 21:41.
84.monsoon is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 01:41   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Update:
They have finally relented on PDI. Going tomorrow to their stockyard at Mumbra.
Well, after much hemming and hawing, the dealership had reluctantly agreed to let me visit their stockyard for PDI. Happy to share that I completed the PDI successfully today afternoon. Didn't expect the stockyard guys to be any better than the morons at the dealership, but I was in for a pleasant surprise: the entire stockyard staff was amazing, to say the least. I had already informed the in-charge that I will be reaching at the appointed hour. The stockyard literally feels as if it's on another planet and I sure felt like the Toll Plaza for Mars was coming up ahead!

When I reached, the first visual (not kidding!) right next to the gate, was of a shiny white XUV 700 standing there like a beautiful damsel who has just completed a swim (the staff had just given the car a nice wash since we were coming.) The moment I laid eyes on the car, serendipity struck and I instantly knew she was MINE!

The stockyard in-charge was kind enough to welcome us with some tea and take us to the car himself, instead of delegating to a flunky. Thankfully, the car was brought and parked under a shed since it would have been a travesty to stand outside in the heat. Quite patiently, he explained us a host of features and asked me to inspect everything minutely. I made him sit in and operate the car as I checked all the lights and took a walkaround, clicking photos and videos of every inch of the car. Finally got in and inspected the controls and other equipment on-board. Listing some points below:

1) There is a definitive half-second lag between operating the steering controls and the operation carried out on the MID. Also, couldn't figure out how to go back from a specific menu, without going back to the main menu altogether and starting all over again.

2) Infotainment was seamless. Did not encounter any niggles while swiping through the various menus. Obviously, couldn't check out Adrenox and Alexa in absence of KYC.

3) The rotary knob is fun to use. Worked smoothly.

4) Sound system seemed adequate. Will get the tue feel only while driving in real-time conditions.

5) The window glass felt thin somehow. Was expecting it to be a bit sturdy and thick.

6) Doors shut with a reassuring thud. No compromises on build quality.

7) Sunroof was operational without any hiccups.

8) Tyres of my vehicle are the MRF Wanderers. Spotted a healthy mix of these along with Apollo Apterra on multiple other XUV700s there. Guess different tyres for different production batches.

9) Battery is of Amaron.

10) The DRLs look wonderful and menacing!

11) I'm yet to take a liking to the rear looks of the car. Not very savoury, IMHO. Also, that new logo just looks like it's stuck there as an afterthought.

12) The boot lid felt and looked absolutely sturdy and tough. It's a little on the heavier side to operate though. An electric operation was sorely needed.

13) The extensive use of piano black finish on the interior is sure to be a royal pain to protect from scratches! Looks premium, no doubt, but the places where it's used are the most prone to scratches and little dents.

14) The usage of hard plastics across the interior is a real let-down.

15) The manual IRVM sticks out like an eye-sore!

16) I am 5.11" and so is my Dad, but today we felt that the side-step is an essential accessory, especially for getting out of the vehicle. Hadn't noticed this during the rushed TD back then. Will have to check for a decent aftermarket fitment, since the official Mahindra pricing is 23k!

17) The stockyard in-charge was kind enough to let me take a quick drive within the place. Couldn't make much out of it because it was barely a few minutes, but felt nice nonetheless.

18) The ODO reading was at 60 km. The fuel tank was at the halfway mark and the Range was showing as 322 km.

Now, the VIN says that the car is an October 2021 manufactured vehicle. On asking the guy, he said they received the car along with others only 2 days ago. I didn't press him much, but am wondering what was Mahindra doing for almost 2 months instead of dispatching the vehicle? Does it have anything to with the chip shortage? Anyway, considering that the time period is decent and the production line is hot, I don't want to read too much between the lines. Since mine is an AX7 Petrol AT model, there's virtually no chance this was used as a TD vehicle, since all were only AX7L. I checked for other tell-tale signs, but couldn't find any either.

Interesting tidbit: Father counted 42 XUV700s at the stockyard, out of which 7 were Everest White, 2 were silver and the rest all were Midnight Black! According to the stockyard guy, they have received only 2 Reds and 1 Electric Blue till now. He also mentioned that they have received only 15 AX5 models in these 2 months, rest all have been AX7 and AX7L. Midnight Black seems to be the true hero.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211214_14081401.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211214_14085901.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211214_14024601.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211214_14140201.jpeg  

IamNikhil is offline   (74) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:13   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Since mine is an AX7 Petrol AT model[/i]
Hi IamNikhil, question for you - do you know if yours comes with all the adrenox connect features like remote start/stop, hazard lights etc or are there any features reserved only for L pack?

I have a booking for non L variant and I am little disappointed to see few recent online videos/posts indicating that not all features are enabled for AX7 non L.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:24   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Hi IamNikhil, question for you - do you know if yours comes with all the adrenox connect features like remote start/stop, hazard lights etc or are there any features reserved only for L pack?

I have a booking for non L variant and I am little disappointed to see few recent online videos/posts indicating that not all features are enabled for AX7 non L.
AX7 MT/AT do not have the remote start/stop option and Remote Climate Control. This is only reserved for L variant.
All other options, including turning on Hazard lights is included in AX7 variant. Checkout the screen shot of the App. Two functions that are greyed out are available inly in L variant.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-remote.jpeg
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:33   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
There is simply no way the door heft and thud of the XUV can be compared to a Maruti! The XUV weighs two tonnes and is built solidly. If Maruti were to build a car this big, it would probably manage to do so under 1200 kg! Marutis and downright tinny while the XUV is tough and heavy.
Very true. Right now I own a Swift and when I test drove XUV700, the first thing I noticed was the solid thud. No way someone can compare that with a Maruti.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th December 2021 at 10:34. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:36   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by talha View Post
MicroSD card is installed near A-pillar on the left side.

Thank you for the update. I too got a call on Monday from the dealer to get the SD card installed. However there's no word yet on the following questions
  1. Is this loop recording ? or do we have to manually delete older files to make way for new ones.
  2. Does this store both front and back or only front.
Confirmed with the technician that stored videos/photos are accessible from the gallery app and can be user deleted from UI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Thanks. I will visit the dealer this week for HSRP and ask him to install the micro sd card ( 128gb ). Hope it works. Will carry a backup 32gb card jic the 128gb isn't recognized
I'm going to postpone my visit then. Please let us know how your trip went and 128GB Micro SD card can in fact be installed.
Old 15th December 2021, 12:05   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
AX7 MT/AT do not have the remote start/stop option and Remote Climate Control. This is only reserved for L variant.
All other options, including turning on Hazard lights is included in AX7 variant. Checkout the screen shot of the App. Two functions that are greyed out are available inly in L variant.
Thanks for that, I have been following your ownership thread as well and it’s been very helpful. Point of clarification on this - do you know if this the case of MT vs AT? I recollect jojo wheelie or somebody else on YouTube mentioning the start/stop would be for AT and hence the question.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:34   #3612
BHPian

A general question for any peeps that might have already taken delivery of their 700, what is the registered kerb weight as per the RC?

I am trying to find the official listed weight, but Mahindra site doesn't have it listed.

My only current estimate is based off of the GNCAP page listing it at 1960kg, which minus the ~300kg of the test dummies should bring it down to about 1600kg.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:38   #3613
Senior - BHPian

How about a pick-up truck based on Mahindra XUV700?

XUV700 reimagined as a pick-up truck.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211215123425_instagram.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211215123434_instagram.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211215123443_instagram.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211215123451_instagram.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211215123500_instagram.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20211215123508_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th December 2021 at 12:43.
Venkatesh is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 13:30   #3614
BHPian

Okay, so today began with a small victory

- After a particularly stormy phone call with the Sales Head and Customer Service rep of the dealership yesterday evening regarding "Incidental Charges", wherein they were giving me random excuses like "You should have informed us about these charges being unacceptable right at the start before booking" and "These charges are levied by all dealers". I simply told them that since the booking was made online on the Mahindra website, there was zero interaction with the dealer regarding the booking and nowhere are "Incidental Charges" mentioned there. Also, since the charges itself are blatantly illegal, I would be well within my rights to involve the Mahindra higher-ups and the result would 100% be in my favour. What ensued was almost a shouting match at the end of which they just said they will "consult" with senior management and get back to me. Just received a call in the morning, that the charges cannot be waived-off from the proforma invoice since they are "system generated", but I am free to deduct the amount of 9,090/- from my final fund transfer and make the short payment accordingly.

- The Insurance quote received from the dealership was 1.22L, against which I shared competitive quotes that I had received from Kotak, Acko and HDFC Ergo. The dealership insurance rep called up to say that however much they try, they will not be able to come down to match my quotes. Hence, I am now negotiating with HDFC Ergo independently to process the insurance including 1 year OD, 3 year Third Party, Zero Dep, RTI, Engine Protect, Consumables, RSA and PA Cover. They have quoted 74k, haggling with them to get the rate down. I have Oriental and Bajaj Allianz on my Altis and Compass respectively and both gave exorbitant quotes now for XUV 700. Also, quite curiously, in the case of a friend of mine who just got delivery of his XUV 700 from the same dealership, they agreed to match the quote he had received from outside. Weird, weirder, weirdest!

There was no way I was going to pay either the Incidental Charges or the inflated Insurance premium as asked by the dealership. They have to relent if you stand firm and hold your ground on sticky issues. Never show desperation in getting quick delivery, that's when they start trying to pull a fast one, in the interest of expediting proceedings.
IamNikhil is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 14:07   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, so today began with a small victory

There was no way I was going to pay either the Incidental Charges or the inflated Insurance premium as asked by the dealership. They have to relent if you stand firm and hold your ground on sticky issues. Never show desperation in getting quick delivery, that's when they start trying to pull a fast one, in the interest of expediting proceedings.
I am glad you got this sorted out. I had faced a similar issue when my XUV500, but the because I had interacted with the sales manager on the PDI and other issues, he knew I would not budge and if it came to, would cancel the booking. In the end, they had to budge.

I hope there are more people like you who can take that stand so dealers learn that they can't exploit consumers. Social media can be a good tool to highlight these issues to the brand.

I know not all people have the flexibility or patience to do this due to their constraints.

Quick question on Acko - does it offer all the bells and whistles? RSA, 0 dep, return to invoice etc? My insurance renewal is coming up and am exploring options
psinide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks