Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2021, 18:36   #3496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Received one of my orders from m2all for the XUV 7OO. The keyfob cover as mentioned by other BHPians is pathetic and doesn't seem fit the price tag it carries. Felt like something one can get from roadside vendors. Mahindra really need to up their game in the accessories space - this is just terrible. Anyway, I ordered pedal covers too, will update on the thread when I get them. I hope that atleast the pedal covers would be better quality.

Edit 1 - Just wanted to ask from other BHPians who have previously purchased from m2all for other Mahindra cars that - Is this the level of quality Mahindra provides in their accessory offerings for other Mahindra cars? I wanted to order a few more things from m2all but I'm now wary of their official accessory site and planning to get accessories from third party seller (local accessory shops) instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211208_182724.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211208_182833.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211208_182840.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211208_182912.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211208_182918.jpg  

Last edited by wadewilson : 8th December 2021 at 18:39.
wadewilson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 19:01   #3497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
How can Mahindra launch such colors on such an important car? Don't know who approves such colors for them.
Not only is it introduced, but it is marketed as a "limited" colour, as it only available for AX and not MX series . Possibly since most of the media images feature these colours, some people are inclined to buy them, as seen on TV/Website.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 19:13   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Saw XUV700 for the first time on road in Horrible Blue color today. I guess it's called Electric Blue or something but looked really terrible in person on road.
And here I thought I was the only odd man out for finding the Electric Blue appalling! Just ruins the look, IMHO! Quite surprisingly, Mahindra has garnered quite a few fans for this colour. Anyway, to each his own.
IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 19:33   #3499
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar has finally come out with a head-to-head video comparison of Safari and XUV700.

According to them, the winners are:
Looks - Safari
Interior quality - XUV
Features - XUV
Audio - XUV (this is surprising as most reviews I have read say Safari’s audio is better)
Safety - XUV
Rear seat (middle row) comfort - Safari
3rd row comfort - Safari
Luggage space with all 3 rows up - XUV (only slightly)
Ease of city driving - XUV
Suspension comfort - XUV
Bad roads - Safari
Highway drives - XUV
Acceleration- XUV
Body roll - XUV (less roll)
Braking - neither are good, but XUV is slightly better
Overall winner - XUV700

Acceleration comparison below.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-f6aaa36295114c5ab4443045ea79d9db.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th December 2021 at 09:03. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you
84.monsoon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 20:06   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
And here I thought I was the only odd man out for finding the Electric Blue appalling! Just ruins the look, IMHO! Quite surprisingly, Mahindra has garnered quite a few fans for this colour. Anyway, to each his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Not only is it introduced, but it is marketed as a "limited" colour, as it only available for AX and not MX series . Possibly since most of the media images feature these colours, some people are inclined to buy them, as seen on TV/Website.
It was launched with that blue color.

I am really curious about color loved by BHPians or even booked.

Dear Mods, thoughts about adding color poll in TeamBHP official review threads?

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 8th December 2021 at 20:08. Reason: format
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 23:17   #3501

Got my XUV 7OO AX7 L Petrol AT delivered last week.

It's thanks to Team-BHP that I happened to get the delivery in time (slightly ahead of time actually). I have read every single post on this 200 odd pages XUV 700 official review thread. In one of the initial pages it was mentioned that the algorithm could well include having dealership quota i.e. max vehicle allotment to a particular dealer would be limited, to evenly spread out the distribution amongst the dealers pan India. So after having booked at a prominent dealer in Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, I also did a second booking with a lesser known dealer in Indiranagar who have probably opened shop a couple of years back. As fate would have it, I got a December 2021 delivery schedule at Indiranagar and a July 2022 date for the ORR dealer.

The booking/tracking page of Mahindra is not of much help as it showed an ETA of 9th December, but got a call from the dealer 2 weeks ahead of time, that the vehicle has been allocated. In fact even today, the tracking page shows in "Order Processed" state only.

I checked with the dealer if the allotment was a result of someone else backing out of their purchase, but the dealer categorically stated that this vehicle (with the specified chassis number) has been specifically allocated on my name.

Nevertheless, to cut a long story short, enjoying every bit of the drive. Getting a mileage of 9-10 in mixed city (30%) and highway(70%) drive conditions. Also no rattling seen whatsoever and have driven over some really bad stretches.

Last edited by Vik7OO : 8th December 2021 at 23:27.
Vik7OO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 23:24   #3502

Was planning to procure the 7Dmats provided by Mahindra as an official accessory. If any XUV 7OO owners have procured the same, or any other floor mats, would request to share your experience and feedback on the same.

Last edited by Vik7OO : 8th December 2021 at 23:33.
Vik7OO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 08:38   #3503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik7OO View Post
Was planning to procure the 7Dmats provided by Mahindra as an official accessory. If any XUV 7OO owners have procured the same, or any other floor mats, would request to share your experience and feedback on the same.
Congratulations on your ride.. cozoo 7d mats looked better in all aspects than the OEM mats and at a less cost. May be you can explore them .
anirbanm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 09:50   #3504

Hello Bhp'ians

The estimated delivery date for my Xuv 700 Ax7 L D AT AWD was 25th November 2021, which was then postponed to 9-15th December by Mahindra.

About a few days ago there was no update on the whereabouts of the car but 2-3 days so the finance guy from the dealership called up and told the car was in transit and might reach soon and further went on to discuss all the details related to financing of the car.

The loan got approved and everything but just about yesterday he said that the car is not in transit and has not even been billed to them.
Although this sounds a bit shady but giving him the benefit of doubt that it is actually a delay by Mahindra, I now need a bit of an advice on how to move forward, since i heard that some of the owners above had raised their issues over Twitter and mail hence had gotten a prompt response and their delivery was expedited too.

any suggestions on whom should i mail or how should I format my tweets will be most welcome.
Old 9th December 2021, 10:08   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211205_135512_2.jpg
You covered a whopping 373kms in just 2 hrs and 47 mins? And the average speed is only 57kph? What am I missing?!
cpabhijit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 10:17   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi01gupta View Post
The estimated delivery date for my Xuv 700 Ax7 L D AT AWD was 25th November 2021, which was then postponed to 9-15th December by Mahindra.
Whoa! This might be one of the first XUV700 AWD delivered in the country.

As per many speculative posts here, the AWD + L was predicted to be delivered very late (read July-Aug 22) .

I too have booked the same variant on the first day of booking but have received the tentative delivery month as July 22.

Since the slight delay in the estimated delivery date had already been communicated to you , I can suggest you to please be calm and enjoy being the owner of one of the first XUV 700 AWD in India!

Awaiting for your detailed ownership review ! Wish you a very happy motoring and effortless mile-munching.
D_Security_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 10:36   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
You covered a whopping 373kms in just 2 hrs and 47 mins? And the average speed is only 57kph? What am I missing?!
Yeah, I found this a bit wierd as well. The average speed and distance bit is definitely correct

The thing which is definitely incorrect is the time, which would be 6 hrs atleast. Could probably be a software issue in Adrenox is my best guess !? The software was subsequently updated when I went for 1st service, so I'll try it out again if the time is accurate now.
nasir88 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 10:47   #3508
BHPian

Question: why are people ordering accessories online, especially since this is the first time? Are these not available with the dealers, where we can visually inspect the quality before deciding to buy?
pseudo_coder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:11   #3509
BHPian

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-repl...lops-problems/

M&M replaced brand new XUV700 of owner as it developed ADAS related issues. Good job, but why double standards on other models? They should have replaced my TUV300 AMT with a MT when the AMT of my previous vehicle failed and stopped when I was cruising at a speed of 80 kmph on highway, stranding my family along with my 2 years old son. Does this incident doesn't qualify for replacement or was it not too dangerous enough? Especially when MASS were unable to resolve issues even after several parts replacement?

This seems to be a rear case where the vehicle was actually replaced by M&M, maybe they learnt from Kushaq fiasco and doing damage control to save the image of "Premium" vehicle tag for XUV700.

Any how no point dwelling over past, looks like M&M finally learned it's lesson?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:37   #3510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post

This seems to be a rear case where the vehicle was actually replaced by M&M, maybe they learnt from Kushaq fiasco and doing damage control to save the image of "Premium" vehicle tag for XUV700.

Any how no point dwelling over past, looks like M&M finally learned it's lesson?
They will do manage control for vehicles that are in the lime light. XUV700 is their big launch and a lot rests on it. So they will do anything to calm an irate customer now. Such extra ordinary customer care incidents happened during XUV500 launch as well. The replacements happen only when the senior management gets involved and they have got a special interest in a vehicle. I don't think it will happen in case of a Bolero Neo issue or KUV100 issue. But everyone will jump on it if it is a Thar or an XUV700 issue. In my opinion, M&M always had double standards and treats their premium customers a little bit better. Can't blame them though. This preferential treatment is one reason why they succeeded in the 20 lakh segment.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 9th December 2021 at 11:41.
padmrajravi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks