Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 15:29   #3361
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

The updated XUV 7OO brochure once again mentions EPB as standard in AWD models. Hopefully non-luxury AWD will get it.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211201-3.26.16-pm.png
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:36   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
6. As I had reported earlier that there is some engine intrusion issue with the petrol XUV during front crash, Mahindra is likely to send the diesel variant for GNCAP testing. Now my sources have told me that even the MX variant is having some issues in achieving a perfect 5 star score because it has only 2 airbags which are not proving enough to get a 5 star score. Even though Mahindra is working on sorting out both the issues, we will have to wait and see which variant they finally manage to send to GNCAP.
So does this mean that the Petrol variant isn’t as safe as the diesel, which received 5 star rating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
8. Mahindra is working on a few feature additions for the XUV700 like Ventillated seats, Powered tailgate and an auto dimming IRVM but the most interesting feature that may come to the XUV700 at a later date is going to be automatically deploying side steps. Yes, Mahindra has a few prototypes with this feature ready and if Mahindra does bring this feature to the XUV700 then it will prove to be a huge differentiator in the segment because this is a feature which SUVs costing 6 or 7 times also do not get. Only SUVs I know who have this feature are the GLS Maybach and the Range Rover which cost north of 2 Crore rupees.

9. All the above mentioned features except the electronically deployed side steps, will likely come during diwali 2022 and Mahindra may launch a new range topping AX9 variant with the said features.
I guess there will be couple of variants more with updates, as was seen with the XUV 500. AX9, AX9 L, AX11 etc. but wish they’d offer the same in 5 seater variant as well. I’m sure there are loads of people who just need a big comfy 5 seater suv. I have rarely ever used the last row in my XUV 500. And would prefer a 5 seater SUV anyday. If I could, I’d get the last row of seats removed for more space

The petrol variant looks attractive and can compete with the upcoming VW Tiguan I guess. Though VW, will be much quicker being a smaller and lighter car.

How’s the experience of the Diesel top end AT AWD vs the Petrol top end AT, if anyone has tested both. Or can share a link if it’s already posted here. Thank you.
magikrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:16   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Got this from a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211201wa0032.jpg  

Sommos is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:30   #3364
BHPian

Hey folks, today went for PDI of my AX7 petrol MT and even the sales executive at the showroom informed me about the new AX7 smart pack without ADAS. According to him, this is to reduce the waiting period and applicable only for the customers who have already made the booking. However, I'm not sure how this will become a success as many of them who already booked AX7 or AX7L would love to have ADAS.
kachamohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 21:49   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Hey folks, today went for PDI of my AX7 petrol MT and even the sales executive at the showroom informed me about the new AX7 smart pack without ADAS. According to him, this is to reduce the waiting period and applicable only for the customers who have already made the booking.
Any idea if they are giving an option to take early delivery with reduced features or this is slapped on everyone who has booked it?
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 22:23   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Hey folks, today went for PDI of my AX7 petrol MT and even the sales executive at the showroom informed me about the new AX7 smart pack without ADAS.
The below post from Sommos shows it is beyond ADAS that one will be losing; the excluded list has driver drowsiness detection and ESP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Got this from a friend.
Losing those 3 together is a big bummer for me; especially ESP.

Last edited by impala : 1st December 2021 at 22:24.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 22:30   #3367
BHPian

Quote:
Got this from a friend.
Sacrificing all these features for a reduction of just 20k? Whats is Mahindra smoking?
pseudo_coder is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 22:48   #3368
BHPian

The launch of BH series in Karnataka has made it so that I will feel less guilty of splurging on a Tiguan/Kodiaq.

If they take away vital safety features like ESP, it will only make it easier to walk away.

Last edited by yogishkamath : 1st December 2021 at 22:50.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 22:49   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Any idea if they are giving an option to take early delivery with reduced features or this is slapped on everyone who has booked it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Sacrificing all these features for a reduction of just 20k? Whats is Mahindra smoking?
I think the game-plan of Mahindra is like this: offer the waiting L variant customers quicker delivery with the S variant which has a substantial reduction of features but with a miniscule difference in price. Most people will see the no-win game and opt to hold on. Effectively, Mahindra can quell the noisy crowd thus, if you ask me.

I guess the variant switch will be an option, and not slapped on. If it's a mandatory thing, well, that's the end of a luv story....
sandeepmdas is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 23:27   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Got this from a friend.
I'm sorry? What even is this? This is just ludicrous. First of all, Mahindra offered the Luxury pack for Rs. 1,80,000 which in itself was tad overpriced for what it offered. Now, they plan to remove a basic feature of AX7, viz. the ADAS, remove the whole Luxury pack and slap on 3 features to the ADAS-stripped AX7 and call it AX7 "Smart" pack. Ironically, it's the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed to be done by any Automotive company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I think the game-plan of Mahindra is like this: offer the waiting L variant customers quicker delivery with the S variant which has a substantial reduction of features but with a miniscule difference in price. Most people will see the no-win game and opt to hold on. Effectively, Mahindra can quell the noisy crowd thus, if you ask me.

I guess the variant switch will be an option, and not slapped on. If it's a mandatory thing, well, that's the end of a luv story....
Either they're smoking some nuclear fusion grade material over at M&M, or what you've said makes absolute sense. It's not a solution per se but just another marketing gimmick to highlight that Mahindra as a company is pro-active in offering solutions to its customers, however, un-"Smart" they may be. It's just plain sad in my opinion, to have such an amazingly engineered and designed product and then to see it get butchered by the marketing and sales honchos. Mind you, they're offering only 3 features viz. 3D Sound System, 360 camera and assorted Blind view Monitoring for Rs. 1,60,000 in the "Smart" pack while deducting ESP, ADAS and Drive Modes, which weren't even a part of the Luxury pack. Except these 3 features, the whole of Luxury pack is missing. So you get 3 features for Rs. 1,60,000. This is Overpriced Redefined.

Anyways, would love to see the amount of people who actually opt for this "Smart" pack if it's optional and if it's mandatory for the AX7L customers, how many cancel.

For the members and readers alike, I've made a comparative analysis of AX7L VS AX7 Smart Pack or AX7S, which has been attached with this post for your kind perusal.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-ax7l-vs-ax7s.png  

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 1st December 2021 at 23:36. Reason: Formatting of the attachment
Moto_Bear is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 23:27   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Got this from a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post

Yeah, on contrary if ADAS is increasing waiting period, I have not seen many AX5 around too.

They should launch AX5L with added features, My wish list for that is -

1) R18 inch Alloy.
2) Leatherette seat covers.
3) Rear armrest for 5 seater with 60:40 split.
4) Rear view camera.

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 23:53   #3372
BHPian

What a ridiculous strategy. Just shows you how incompetent the variant planning team is at Mahindra.

Firstly they were well aware of component shortage in the industry, it's not like they launched the car during the 1st year of pandemic. They had information and knew timelines very well.

Secondly, advanced assist features should never have been part of non-luxury variant. It was just plain dumb to include them in any SKU except the luxury trim when you know what the industry is going through. Heck they should've gone further and limited it just to AT L variants.

ESP, EPB, electric door handles and ADAS are absolute must-haves, ADAS alone must cost at least 1L. You can't remove the USP features of the car, deduct a measly 20k and expect people to be okay with it. I expect another wave of customers venting out their anger on social media.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 01:25   #3373
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra management wouldn't be as stupid as it is being made to seem.

They managed a lot of attention and hype about their product, and booked as many orders as they did at a time when uncertainty rules the economy. All alternate strategies being talked about in hindsight are, well, in hindsight, and we don't know how they may have panned out if they were implemented as suggested.

I believe, while they might have made mistakes, as would any company, they aren't kids. What Sandeep says makes much sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Effectively, Mahindra can quell the noisy crowd thus, if you ask me.
PS: Not sure if that is the case, but if late deliveries don't get price protection, an early delivery is also a sort of discount; one which can be added to the price difference.
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 01:48   #3374
BHPian

This whole AX7 Smart brouhaha is just another marketing gimmick, period.

I think the honchos at Mahindra are acutely aware of the bashing that the brand is taking everywhere with the monumental chaos they've created. This AX7 Smart is a cunning tactic essentially to show the world that "Mahindra had offered the customers an option via which they could get early delivery, but if they haven't chosen it, it's their loss". This is definitely the narrative they are hoping for.

The Luxury Pack in itself was ridiculously overpriced in the first place and the Smart Pack being offered at a 20k haircut is another laughable twist to the XUV 700 story. The features that are excluded from the Smart Pack clearly indicate that Mahindra folks are high on some mStallion bhp-grade stuff.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 2nd December 2021 at 01:50.
IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 07:16   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
I booked a Midnight Black AX7L Diesel Auto (FWD) on the 8th of October and I’m yet to receive any communication regarding the tentative delivery timeline. People have already received dates of until December 2022 which in itself is mind boggling, let’s see what they say for the remaining bookings.
I have booked on October 9 and still don't have a delivery date. Looking at how things are going, I have all but decided to bail out and cancel my booking. This has been shambolic from MnM and a complete disaster
shrk_18 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks