Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 15:21   #3211
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Came across this video where the owner installed rear view camera (Accessory Part No. AW60065) in his AX5 model.
Quality is disappointing specifically as official accessory.

1. Camera quality / accuracy -

Here is sample image from top AX7L. guidelines/image quality are so much better.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211122-3.00.14-pm.png

2. Install location.

XUV700 has proper location to install camera, lot better than drilling hole in the bumper.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211122-3.02.06-pm.png
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:19   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is one change I will be planning also (AT tyres with taller sidewalls) whenever I hold of my XUV700 AWD.
Look forward to your options to achieve this. I would probably follow the same route after a year or so .

Meanwhile, I too got an updated delivery date for my XUV700 AWD on the portal. My earlier date of delivery was 5th Dec and now it stands at 24th-30th December. . I might as well take the delivery in 2022. Anyways, I expected this to happen and am prepared for it.

Did any of you happen to get insurance quote from other 3rd Party companies (Tata, Bajaj, Reliance etc)? If yes, what's the difference for a similar coverage?
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:06   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post

Meanwhile, I too got an updated delivery date for my XUV700 AWD on the portal. My earlier date of delivery was 5th Dec and now it stands at 24th-30th December.
Wondering whether the date change is affecting all Diesel versions. I earlier had a delivery date of Jan 10 for an AX7 Petrol AT, which now is 2nd-9th Jan; which I am treating as no change in date. Does anyone else with Petrol got the date moved either ways?
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:13   #3214

Quote:
Look forward to your options to achieve this. I would probably follow the same route after a year or so .

Meanwhile, I too got an updated delivery date for my XUV700 AWD on the portal. My earlier date of delivery was 5th Dec and now it stands at 24th-30th December. . I might as well take the delivery in 2022. Anyways, I expected this to happen and am prepared for it.

Did any of you happen to get insurance quote from other 3rd Party companies (Tata, Bajaj, Reliance etc)? If yes, what's the difference for a similar coverage?
Sir, for the AX7L petrol automatic, the price diff was more than 54K from TATA AIG, and if you choose to go with ACKO it can be more than 50%.
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:10   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
The insurance quote from the dealer was 1.2L, but the quotes from Acko, Kotak and HDFC Ergo all range between 54-60k max. This is for AX7 Petrol AT in Mumbai.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 21:20   #3216

Quote:
Originally Posted by manav274 View Post
This is my first post in the channel and I hope it will be good.
Many congratulations on your newest possession: Good to know about the excellent customer response from Mahindra. I have also booked my XUV700 from the same dealer! still waiting for delivery date. Can you post the service schedule of your vehicle. Thanks

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post while responding

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2021 at 21:42.
gauravkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 22:59   #3217
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here's another round of info on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, if you want to see where Mahindra have cut costs in the interior of the XUV700 then look no further than the plastic piece covering the B pillar which has the cheapest plastic inside the cabin. Other parts where hard and cheap plastics are used are on the lower parts of the dashboard. Fellow bhpians who have got their XUVs delivered can chip in.

2. The ethanol blending in petrol which the Indian government is likely to implement will have detrimental effect on the performance of the MStallion engine in the XUV700. According to my sources, if we were to put E20 fuel in the XUV then the power output will come down to around 160 bhp and fuel economy will go down by around 10%. The only benefit being that this fuel will cost around 20 Rs lesser than normal petrol.

3. The Mhwak engine can be made to run on biodiesel with minor tweaks as Mahindra had already made this engine biodiesel compliant way back in 2017 in the XUV500.

4. During the media drives back in August Mahindra had showcased the AX7 T variant which was supposed to sit between the AX7 and the AX7 L variant. The only features it was missing compared to the AX7 L variant were the Sony system and ADAS. But Mahindra at the last moment decided to not have this variant in the lineup to reduce clutter. But by next diwali Mahindra for sure will launch a higher variant than the AX7 with more features as mentioned already and one exclusive feature which is likely in that variant is the auto folding side steps. Mahindra will also discontinue the MX and AX3 variants by the time Scorpio gets launched.

5. According to my sources, the licensing cost of Android Auto is way cheaper than Apple Carplay and this is one of the prime reasons for the initial XUVs not having Carplay enabled. It will come via OTA updates by the 1st quarter of next year. Also wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay cost more than wired versions which is another reason why the Tata Safari only recently got this feature.

6. Looking at the pent-up demand for the XUV700, Mahindra is looking at ways to shift some of the production to its Nashik plant. This is also one of the reasons why Mahindra will most likely discontinue the Marazzo and the Bolero Neo in the near future. According to my sources, the Bolero Neo is an ultra flop product and is likely to face the axe sooner rather than later.

7. During the initial days post XUVs launch, the petrol to diesel bookings ratio was around 65% in favour of petrol but now it's more than 50% in favour of diesel with a lot of prospective petrol owners converting their bookings to diesel due to fear of poor fuel economy.

8. If Mahindra's marriage with Ford had gone through then there would not have been much issues of production constraints (apart from the chip shortage) as the plan was to make the XUV700 almost exclusively at Ford's Sanand plant alongside the Ford equivalent of the XUV700 and shift Thar's production to the Chakan plant and maybe of the all new Scorpio's too if it also becomes a smash hit. According to my sources, the Ford's XUV700 was very close to reaching SOP stage before the project was canned and it was superior to the XUV700 in almost every department. It also looked completely different both inside and outside with only the mechanical bits being shared with the XUV700.

9. Mahindra is in the early stages of either acquiring or having a tie up with an Italian startup to help develop their hydrogen technology. According to my sources, if Mahindra is successful in making this technology reach the production stage at a relatively affordable price then it will be a game changer.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (74) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 23:47   #3218

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkaushik View Post
Can you post the service schedule of your vehicle. Thanks
Thanks Sir.
And as per the service schedule the car is due for 1st service in next 2 days. And the interval is 1K or 1 month, 10K or year , 20K or 2 year from purchase for free services and after that 10K or year the standard one.
manav274 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 01:20   #3219
BHPian

From what I read on the XUV 700 Facebook groups, people have started receiving deliveries of the Diesel variants across the country.
Old 23rd November 2021, 08:14   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Rusted screws near tailgate.
Appears to be surface rust which can happen easily if there was water standing there. If the bolts are rusted right through, that is a serious problem.

Definitely unacceptable for the dashboard to have scratches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Sales executive tried really hard to convince me on Jeep legacy, how this is safer car, a segment higher car etc etc
thanks but no thanks!
Can't fault him for trying. You are indeed buying a brand that does carry a legacy, right from World War II!

The last XUV carried a legacy for niggles. Let us hope this new one does not.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:09   #3221
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
2. According to my sources, if we were to put E20 fuel in the XUV then the power output will come down to around 160 bhp and fuel economy will go down by around 10%. The only benefit being that this fuel will cost around 20 Rs lesser than normal petrol.
Can't wrap my head round the E20 fuel bit. Damages the engine, lower power, lower fuel economy and I don't think the 20 rupees difference will be passed on to us. And it is not even optional!!!

Quote:
Mahindra will also discontinue the MX and AX3 variants by the time Scorpio gets launched.
Disappointed that the MX variant will be axed, but it makes sense. The shocker MX pricing means less of a breathing space for the new Scorpio pricing. The Scorpio will be a sure shot success, but I believe Mahindra would want to give it a shocker introductory price too. The base diesel variant for the Scorpio for less than 15 lakhs...

Quote:
This is also one of the reasons why Mahindra will most likely discontinue the Marazzo and the Bolero Neo in the near future. According to my sources, the Bolero Neo is an ultra flop product and is likely to face the axe sooner rather than later.
Mahindra going to dilly dally till a proper next gen of the Bolero comes.

Quote:
According to my sources, the Ford's XUV700 was very close to reaching SOP stage before the project was canned and it was superior to the XUV700 in almost every department. It also looked completely different both inside and outside with only the mechanical bits being shared with the XUV700.
We wish. The strong mechanical base plus Ford's external parts quality, QC and most importantly dynamics tuning would have made it a killer combo. Even if it was priced at a 3 lakhs premium. Alas, 'Muricans...

Quote:
9. Mahindra is in the early stages of either acquiring or having a tie up with an Italian startup to help develop their hydrogen technology. According to my sources, if Mahindra is successful in making this technology reach the production stage at a relatively affordable price then it will be a game changer.
Mahindra has a history of putting its fingers into too many pies. On one hand they are not being bullish on the BEV front even after owning Maini for almost a decade and going behind a technology which even Toyota is struggling to succeed, but at the same time the hydrogen push in our country could benefit Mahindra if it manages to democratise FCEVs. Right? Don't say they are looking at HICEVs.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 11:29   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Was at the Mahindra showroom to check out Thar and enquired to see if they had a XUV 700 D AT for TD as well - was informed that it was in workshop for windshield change, my first TD vehicle (petrol) at the same dealer about a month ago also had a cracked windshield. Something to keep an eye for, or it could just be a coincidence.
One of the initial owner has had his windshield replaced, mentioned in the below video@13:15

Old 23rd November 2021, 13:59   #3223
BHPian

XUV700 AUTOPILOT REAL LIFE TEST

Old 23rd November 2021, 14:57   #3224

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (Codenamed: Z101) caught testing

Today, noted a camouflaged Scorpio in Nanganallur, Chennai market area. It doesn't appear to be a test drive. The driver casually drive the vehicle in to a a Retailer's parking area and went for shopping.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5fdee95c5b634403b76dcc2ca1dea1a7.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-063e9a73416944558b36a70ec1584662.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2021 at 19:20. Reason: Picture alignment
Umash is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 15:22   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (Codenamed: Z101) caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umash View Post
Today, noted a camouflaged Scorpio in Nanganallur, Chennai market area. It doesn't appear to be a test drive. The driver casually drive the vehicle in to a a Retailer's parking area and went for shopping.
That looks like the XUV700
akshay4587 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks