Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:59   #2461
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Do we have any takers for petrol automatic version? I've booked a Petrol automatic? I've booked AX7 petrol but now contemplating to change to diesel because of the mileage.

Mod note: Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2021 at 08:33.
karanskumar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:11   #2462

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Do we have any takers for petrol automatic version? [/b]
I know of quite a few folks who've booked the petrol auto, but that's probably because it's all in NCR. The petrol mill is quite refined, you get 15 yrs validity, and no dpf issues.
That said, I've booked myself a diesel because of the additional torque and fuel efficiency - my running will be quite high.
Be aware that any changes to the booking would mean getting into the queue behind the 65k number, and at this time, would be safe to assume that it won't be delivered before next Diwali!
atsphenomenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:41   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Do we have any takers for petrol automatic version? I've booked a Petrol automatic? I've booked AX7 petrol but now contemplating to change to diesel because of the mileage.

Mod note: Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.
I have booked AX5 Petrol Automatic, Heard from sales folks that we can expect 9-10 kmpl in city.
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:00   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have booked AX5 Petrol Automatic, Heard from sales folks that we can expect 9-10 kmpl in city.
9-10 kmpl in city is what’s being expected of the diesel engine. Petrol estimates are at about 6-7 kmpl. There are a couple of 100km highway FE tests videos on youtube by Power on wheel, check them out, you will get some idea.

Petrol should’ve got at least an eco mode. Chip shortages likely resulted in petrol getting no drive modes at all.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 22nd October 2021 at 10:02.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:13   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Sales folks would be the last person you should trust when it comes to any info which cannot be quantified (like FE, reliability, performance, comfort etc)
I had Honda City AT way back in 2010 when the traffic in Bangalore was not this bad and I could only manage 8-9 kmpl. Of course XUV700 is a modern turbo and could be slightly more efficient but it also weighs 1700 kg.

This real world FE test conducted by ACI on Thar should give some idea about how efficient XUV700 could be.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211022-10.00.05-am.png

Considering that both vehicles weigh the same but XUV produces more torque/power, I would think that it is likely to be 10-15% less efficient in the city.
Due to more aerodynamic shape, on highway the penalty (over Thar) could be lesser at 5-10%.

If you extrapolate these figures, you may expect around 6.5 kmpl in city driving and 8.5 kmpl on highways.

Last edited by Guna : 22nd October 2021 at 10:25.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:19   #2466
BHPian

What a pleasant surprise. Found the email from Mahindra in my junk folder and the email states that the prices of 7th October will be honoured, even though I booked in 8th and had even changed the variant on 8th! Nice. Now I just hope they honor this. Kudos to Mahindra.

PS: now I secretly wish I had retained my previous preference of a higher variant which I was trying to book on 7th. I downgraded because of the prices. Lol. But nevermind.

Last edited by piyush1.a : 22nd October 2021 at 10:21.
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:44   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
PS: now I secretly wish I had retained my previous preference of a higher variant which I was trying to book on 7th. I downgraded because of the prices. Lol. But nevermind.
First of all congrats, glad to know you got price protection and it definitely means some relief from uncertainty.

As for the downgrade regret, you are not alone. I am in the same boat, I decided on AX7 AWD and booked it but keep wondering if not stretching that little bit to get the AX7 L AWD will be something I will keep banging my head about. But again, at the moment with all the chaos I wasn't sure if it was VFM to go for L considering I am paying OTR price in Bangalore so the extra for L will translate to a lot more. Then again, I set sail on this boat of no L pack, will probably make peace with it once the vehicle arrives.
mindovermotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:13   #2468
BHPian

Jojo Wheelie has posted yet another in-depth video explaining all the different modes of operating the sky-roof. The info about opening the roof with only a slight tilt for ventilation is especially new and no one else talked about this.

Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:15   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
First of all congrats, glad to know you got price protection and it definitely means some relief from uncertainty.

As for the downgrade regret, you are not alone. I am in the same boat, I decided on AX7 AWD and booked it but keep wondering if not stretching that little bit to get the AX7 L AWD will be something I will keep banging my head about. But again, at the moment with all the chaos I wasn't sure if it was VFM to go for L considering I am paying OTR price in Bangalore so the extra for L will translate to a lot more. Then again, I set sail on this boat of no L pack, will probably make peace with it once the vehicle arrives.
Add me to the list as well had the L pack in cart and dropped it last min and still wonder if I should have just stretched and kept it. Value only the knee airbag, EPB Auto hold and Blind spot monitoring in the L pack with powered door handles as good to have and don't care much for the Sony audio system or the 360

Have you enquired on the EPB for non L AWD? The brochure says all AWD gets EPB but the feature list states otherwise. If its a manual parking brake then we lose one of the cup holders as well in the front -for the intelli control.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:23   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Depending on your daily commute, the overall cost may not be that bad.

Petrol AT may only return 6-7 kmpl, but at least you will have peace of mind. Diesel may have its fair share of DPF issues, although I hope that is not the case because I booked diesel
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:23   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
The brochure says all AWD gets EPB but the feature list states otherwise. If its a manual parking brake then we lose one of the cup holders as well in the front -for the intelli control.
The earlier version of the brochure mentioned in the fine print that all AWD variants get EPB.

The latest version of brochure (refresh the brochure page to see it) has removed all the fine print entirely. So it's really confusing now. We definitely need clarity from Mahindra about this, EPB is a major feature.

Attaching the previous fine print for reference.

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211022-11.18.11-am.png  

Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:30   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post

Have you enquired on the EPB for non L AWD? The brochure says all AWD gets EPB but the feature list states otherwise. If its a manual parking brake then we lose one of the cup holders as well in the front -for the intelli control.
Yes as Tanmay has mentioned above I had assumed that the AWD comes with EPB (but now I am not sure after reading about the new brochure not having the fine print ) .

Same here, wasn't too bothered about missing on the Sony audio, but definitely bothered about the knee air bag, 360 deg (which might ensure I don't have to setup a dashcam, which i think is essential) and the blind spot monitoring which is important for safety.
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:32   #2473
BHPian

Just saw the Jojowheelie Sunroof video and posted instinctively.
But boy this group is faster than I thought.

I guess once everyone gets their hands on their cars, they will surely figure out these Sunroof instructions.

Glad only sun shade opening instruction is available.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 22nd October 2021 at 11:38.
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:45   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
I've booked the AX7 Petrol Automatic as well.
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:08   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If you extrapolate these figures, you may expect around 6.5 kmpl in city driving and 8.5 kmpl on highways.
Precisely. People who are using rules of thumb like "Buy petrol if usage is less than 1500 km per month" are doing it wrong IMO.

First of all, the price difference between the petrol and diesel variants is not uniform across all cars. For example: The price difference for the Hyundai Tucson is 2 lakhs while it is only 60K for the XUV700.

Secondly, the difference in the fuel efficiency tends to be partly because of the difference in power between the two engines. Again, if we were to take the Hyundai Tucson as an example, the petrol engine makes under 150 HP while the diesel makes over 180. The XUV is one of those rare cars where the petrol is significantly MORE powerful than the diesel and this would of course be reflected in the fuel efficiency.

Obviously, the same rule of thumb cannot work for both the Tucson and the XUV.

Thirdly, a rule of thumb that works for small cars will probably not work for big ones simply because the fuel consumption is markedly lower for small cars, even if the ratio of FEs for petrol and diesel is identical.

Consider two cars: A small one that gives a mileage of 16 kmpl for its petrol variant and 20 kmpl for its diesel vs a big one that gives a mileage of 8 kmpl for petrol and 10 kmpl for diesel.

Now, the ratio of FEs is the same but if you drive the same distance in either car, the fuel consumption will be double for the bigger car as opposed to the smaller one. So, the rule of thumb won't work (unless the gap in the upfront purchase price also doubles, which won't be the case with the XUV)
yogishkamath is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks