Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:30   #2506
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Finally received the email from the dealer confirming that the price that prevailed on the 7th shall be applicable to my booking (No email or SMS from Mahindra though). A big sigh of relief as I was not able to book on the 7th due to the booking portal issue and had to book directly with the dealer on the 8th. Though I was promised price protection by the dealer on the 7th evening (based on the list received from Mahindra), I did not have anything in writing.

I also got some more information from the dealer today;

- All the bookings that have been offered the launch price due to the web portal issue would be considered within the first 25000 bookings bucket for delivery.

- The next delivery bucket would be of another 25000 bookings that have been provided price protection on increased prices i.e. the ones booked on the 8th within the first 2 hours.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 21:27   #2507
BHPian

Is anyone aware of the process to renew the AdrenoX subscription after 2 years? Can we renew it whenever we want or does it have to be done immediately when the free subscription ends? Owners of other cars with connected car tech/E - sim can also shed light on this.
Old 24th October 2021, 09:36   #2508
BHPian

Mahindra skill is now available on Alexa now.. it shows the list of commands that it can execute.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211024093049.jpg
anirbanm is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 10:12   #2509
BHPian

Nice to see some real world test on XUV 700. Here is a video showcasing the 7 seating capability of XUV 700. In my opinion with the right passenger height and weight mix, 7 people can easily travel for short trips minus the luggage of course.

Raghunath Singh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 12:44   #2510
BHPian

Spotted in my Apartment - I am sure many others are waiting to see the same
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700_li.jpg
swarnava.ch is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 12:50   #2511
BHPian

Dear all,
Do we know the real world mileage figues for Petrol AT and Diesel AT for XUV 700? Has any new buyers reported mileage figues yet?

Many thanks!
Old 24th October 2021, 13:00   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Spotted in my Apartment - I am sure many others are waiting to see the same
Attachment 2223039
Wow, this seems to be a MX series vehicle. If its a customer delivered vehicles it would be very surprising, since I was expecting AX7s to be delivered first.
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 15:44   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here is the latest round of info on the XUV700.

1. The Zip mode is the same as the standard engine in the MX variant with 155 bhp and 360 NM of torque. Also in Zap and Zoom modes the power and torque output remain the same i.e. 185 bhp and 420/450 NM but the engine switches to a more aggressive map in Zoom mode for extra punch.

2. Original prototypes of the XUV700 had a much smaller panoramic sunroof which extended only till the 2nd row but the launch of the Hector in mid 2019 gave Mahindra a wake up call of sorts and they redid the whole sunroof thing and came out with a bigger sunroof. The Covid pandemic also helped them test the newer sunroof for a longer duration of time.

3. The original prototypes of the XUV700 also did not have the air purifier system but after the launch of the Seltos/Creta, Mahindra added an extra filter in the AC system to improve the air quality inside the cabin. This is also the reason why the XUV700 doesn't get an AQI readout since this was a last minute addition.

4. Mahindra has deliberately used a low dashboard design with low set AC vents so as to easily accommodate a larger touchscreen when the need arises. So it will be a relatively easy job for Mahindra to incorporate a larger touchscreen of say 12 inches during mid life update in 2025 if rival SUVs come out with bigger touchscreens.

5. The petrol model does not get any driving modes or even a sport mode because then the already abysmal fuel economy figures of the XUV700 will go even further south. My sources are also expecting some owners of the petrol XUV700 to sell off their cars early in their lifespan due to low fuel economy figures.

6. As I had reported earlier that there is some engine intrusion issue with the petrol XUV during front crash, Mahindra is likely to send the diesel variant for GNCAP testing. Now my sources have told me that even the MX variant is having some issues in achieving a perfect 5 star score because it has only 2 airbags which are not proving enough to get a 5 star score. Even though Mahindra is working on sorting out both the issues, we will have to wait and see which variant they finally manage to send to GNCAP.

7. Earlier prototypes of the XUV700 did not have the Sony sound system rather just an Arkamis tuned setup just like in the Marazzo and the last XUV500. But Hector and the Harrier twins top class audio setups made Mahindra load the XUV700 up with the fabulous sounding Sony system.

8. Mahindra is working on a few feature additions for the XUV700 like Ventillated seats, Powered tailgate and an auto dimming IRVM but the most interesting feature that may come to the XUV700 at a later date is going to be automatically deploying side steps. Yes, Mahindra has a few prototypes with this feature ready and if Mahindra does bring this feature to the XUV700 then it will prove to be a huge differentiator in the segment because this is a feature which SUVs costing 6 or 7 times also do not get. Only SUVs I know who have this feature are the GLS Maybach and the Range Rover which cost north of 2 Crore rupees.

9. All the above mentioned features except the electronically deployed side steps, will likely come during diwali 2022 and Mahindra may launch a new range topping AX9 variant with the said features.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (107) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 16:27   #2514

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

6. As I had reported earlier that there is some engine intrusion issue with the petrol XUV during front crash, Mahindra is likely to send the diesel variant for GNCAP testing. Now my sources have told me that even the MX variant is having some issues in achieving a perfect 5 star score because it has only 2 airbags which are not proving enough to get a 5 star score. Even though Mahindra is working on sorting out both the issues, we will have to wait and see which variant they finally manage to send to GNCAP.
I can live with low FE figures but this I cannot. I'm really new to cars so it'd help my buying decision if you could be a little more clear on safety regarding petrol version like will it compromise driver safety in case of frontal crash?
I'd be okay if that engine intrusion makes it lose a star and get 4 star but not if it's serious enough to cause small injury or worse to the driver.
I've been following your posts for many months even before the launch and it has been must helpful, kindly clarify my query if possible. Thanks!
Rockstah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 18:32   #2515
BHPian

Happened to pay a quick visit while on way back from work and have a look at the Mahindra XUV700 in person. It was one of those rare occasions when the crowds were minimal. Couldn't test drive the car but spent some time with it. I have penned down my first impressions about it. The variant in focus is the AX7 Diesel Automatic Luxury.

Design - Mahindra have surely nailed the design of the XUV700. It looks much more grown up and mature than the XUV500. The creases and the clean lines exudes elegance. The headlights would be unmistakable. Aam janta aadmi would move out of your way when they see this in their rear view mirror. This car is muscular. This design will age well and will still looks timeless even after a few years.

Quality of materials used - it's a mixed bag. As soon as I got into the car, the first thing I looked at was the roof lining and see if it was flimsy (I'm looking at you Kushaq / Taigun ). The headliner didn't feel cheap by any means. Seats felt cushiony. It hugs you. People of various sizes can be accommodated well. But, there is one problem. The side bolstering of the seats. They are firm. Ingress wouldn't be an issue. But getting out of the car I noticed that my leg constantly bumps into the side bolstering. Small issue, but this is something that Mahindra could have worked on. Lack of seat ventilation is surprising. Most modern day cars sold today have that feature.

The points that you touch are hard plastics. The usage of soft touch plastics are minimal. For someone spending nearly a quarter of a crore on a car this is something that one expects. Cars much cheaper have soft touch plastics. And add to the fact that the plastics felt cheap. Top of the dashboard, window switches, and the plastics around the gear selecter felt cheap. This is something Mahindra could have paid a little attention to.

Build Quality - it feels tough just like other Mahindra cars. Everything feels on point. Mahindra have really upped their A game. (Surprisingly or Unsurprisingly) there weren't any panel gaps that I could find. But, the door handles. They were flimsy and didn't feel sturdy. The sales advisor mentioned, "Saar, that is because it's a catchy feature and since people operate that often which is why it's become like that." How much of that is true is anybody's guess. Apart from that the overall quality was excellent. Which brings me onto my next point,

Safety - zero compromise. This car is assured of a 4 star atleast. That's a given. But Mahindra isn't looking at stoping there. TPMS, 360-degree surround view monitor ( camera quality isn't the best around though ), blind view monitor, 7 airbags, traction control, auto booster headlamps, ESP etc etc etc. Phew.

Audio system and the headunit - the overall system was slick to use. But to boot up it took around 32 seconds to boot up and it was laggy initially. I'm not sure if it's the same with others as well. Maybe others could throw in some light.
The sound quality from the Sony speakers used in the car was brilliant. I can go on to say that this is the best in its segment and even a segment above.

Space - second rows of seats can seat adults comfortably. One wouldn't have a problem during long distances. The third row is best described as mediocre. Upright seating position and the headroom is minimal. Your kids or your dog will enjoy sitting here. They would feel comfortable sitting here during long drives.
One thing I would want to mention is about seats and the usage of light color. The cabin feels airy. But it will be a pain to keep clean. If your kids / pets have travel sickness and end up throwing up on the seats, good luck keeping them clean.

Other pointers that I'd like to point out is -
1 - During my interaction with the SA, the first question that comes up (naturally, given the current scheme of things" is the famous "Kitna Deti Hai" and he mentioned that the petrol returns an FE of 6 kmpl in the city and the diesel returns about 8/9 kmpl in tbe city. Highway drives one can expect about 12-15 for the petrol and 16-17 for the diesel. He was genuine here.
2 - The electronics that Mahindra have put into the XUV is mind blowing. They've packed the car to the gills. It would be a shame to see if one of them fails.
3 - Mahindra have packed the car with n number of features but missed out on automatic IRVM's, ventilated seats and a few others. The most surprising miss is a three point seatbelt. It's ironic that a car that gets a slew of safety features misses out on something as small as a 3 point seatbelt.

I will be taking a detailed test drive of the car in the coming days. I will post my detailed review of the same. Since it's my first review of the car, kindly bear with me. Need your valuable comments on the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211024_134343.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211024_134335.jpg  

Octy17 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 06:47   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians
8. Mahindra is working on a few feature additions for the XUV700 like Ventillated seats, Powered tailgate and an auto dimming IRVM but the most interesting feature that may come to the XUV700 at a later date is going to be automatically deploying side steps. Yes, Mahindra has a few prototypes with this feature ready and if Mahindra does bring this feature to the XUV700 then it will prove to be a huge differentiator in the segment because this is a feature which SUVs costing 6 or 7 times also do not get. Only SUVs I know who have this feature are the GLS Maybach and the Range Rover which cost north of 2 Crore rupees.

Thank You very much, i have become a fan of your updates.

The side steps would make more sense on the Body on Frame sibling "The Scorpio". The XUV700 is a relatively easy ingress and egress SUV.
sudharshan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 07:16   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
The side steps would make more sense on the Body on Frame sibling "The Scorpio".
The side steps were very helpful on my xuv500. Super easy to come in and out, especially for short people, kids and elderly.
In my view, it should be helpful on xuv700 as well, for all the same reasons, but if anyone has a different opinion pls share.
piyush1.a is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 09:13   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the petrol version at Bannerghatta Road while I was just passing by a dealer yesterday. The engine is absolutely great to drive. Agreed the mileage will bring tears at fuel bunk, though. 200bhp is quite something.

Their earlier endurance drive event was impressive. Many times we come across marketing on how many lakh kms a car has been tested during development (to assure the mechanical longevity/robustness). Would be good to know more on this since they're using a new state of tune for the engine as well as a new suspension.

Quote:
Hello bhpians.
...6. As I had reported earlier that there is some engine intrusion issue with the petrol XUV during front crash, Mahindra is likely to send the diesel variant for GNCAP testing. Now my sources have told me that even the MX variant is having some issues in achieving a perfect 5 star score because it has only 2 airbags which are not proving enough to get a 5 star score. Even though Mahindra is working on sorting out both the issues, we will have to wait and see which variant they finally manage to send to GNCAP.

Hi sir, would be great to know if they've any plans to expand production capacity.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 25th October 2021 at 09:15.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 09:48   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5. The petrol model does not get any driving modes or even a sport mode because then the already abysmal fuel economy figures of the XUV700 will go even further south.
But this is also the reason why they should have provided a 'eco' mode on petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
The side steps were very helpful on my xuv500. Super easy to come in and out, especially for short people, kids and elderly.
In my view, it should be helpful on xuv700 as well, for all the same reasons, but if anyone has a different opinion pls share.
Side steps would reduce the ground clearance. They also protrude a bit, so one needs to be more careful at the traffic.

Last edited by Guna : 25th October 2021 at 09:51.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 09:57   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
I would expect a significant decrease of breakover angle. Ground clearance is very important on Bangalore roads, especially with potholes immediately after unscientific speed breakers. That is the main reason where I am not considering sidesteps. Any insights on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks