Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 13:56   #2536

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

Guess prospective buyers of the MX variant can just TD the car in Zip to get the feel. Also does it mean, except for ECU tuning there isn't any other hardware changes between the 155 and 185bhp models?
Pre booking we had a Mahindra employee stationed at the Chandigarh dealership (sent to Maharashtra for a month for product training), whom I asked if the MX diesel variant is tuned to the ZIP mode and to my surprise he gave an affirmation. I didn't exactly trust him on this as I had bombarded him with a volley of questions including the kerb wieght of the vehicle to which he didn't have an answer.

Post that in my second test drive I drove only in the ZIP mode and i have to say that during the pick up the clutch accelerator combo release took a little more effort compared to that in the other modes. The clutch pedal may be light but has a long travel although the gear box is manageable. Driving it in stop start traffic might become cumbersome. But I went ahead booking the MX variant as I didn't find worth putting additional 4 lakhs in a fossil fuel car. Cheers!
jumper_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:01   #2537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra XUV700 deliveries commence

Mahindra has started deliveries of the first batch of XUV700 across India. Here's a picture of one of the first customers from Thane.
A quick license plate search reveals the car is registered to the owner of Mahindra dealership in Thane. I doubt it is actually a customer car.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:37   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Spotted in my Apartment - I am sure many others are waiting to see the same
Attachment 2223039
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra XUV700 deliveries commence

The second image is of an XUV700 'MX series', which was spotted by BHPian swarnava.ch. This is the entry-level variant. It misses out on quite a few features including alloy wheels and fog lamps.
Don't think this is a customer car. I see red TN19 plates which makes me think this is a company test / validation vehicle.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:15   #2539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
which might explain why Mahindra has equipped some trims with curtain airbags but not side airbags (for most other models, like the basic Honda City or the penultimate trim levels of the MG Hector and Astor, it's the opposite).
So does the AX5 come with curtain but no side airbags? I thought it was the other way around. Interesting indeed.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 25th October 2021 at 15:16.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 17:54   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
On OEM's not testing certain vehicles, GNCAP can still test the Harrier or any other vehicle independently on their own by buying cars from the market as is their usual process.
I hope the random picking of vehicles re-starts soon as the pandemic has badly affected their testing plan.
Just to be clear, Global NCAP has not stopped conducting tests funded by their sponsors, on cars they select. There will be a round of results in 2021, though at at undisclosed date, and one of the XUV700's competitors is rumoured to have been tested (no official confirmation so please be mindful of that, I may be wrong). Typically, it's been around late September to early November (in recent years) so they might be revealed soon. Last year it was 11 November, the year before that it was 31 October, and the year before that it was sporadic (spread over late September for the Brezza and Lodgy and early October for the Swift). The UN will launch its Global Plan for the second Decade of Action for Road Safety on 28 October, so there's a tiny ray of hope for new results very soon, though it's possible result dates will remain unaffected. New Euro NCAP results for example will be revealed on 27 October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
So does the AX5 come with curtain but no side airbags? I thought it was the other way around. Interesting indeed.
The product brochure I found indicates that is the case.
Name:  Screenshot 20211025 at 5.42.57 PM.png
Views: 1083
Size:  54.8 KB
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:12   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Earlier last week when I checked the tracking page link (thanks to members Tanmay007 & drshajul), there was no update (booking complete was not updated).

Wasn’t too concerned but had kept the page link in a tab open and I just saw it. Tried otp and the tracking link page is actually being updated. If it’ll be regularly updated by M&M Auto, this is a thoughtful feature by Mahindra and very welcomed.

Is it also a first in the industry, in mass market segment?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-176c64b5fc6c43d48f9b723e58156546.jpeg
k_ajay is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:33   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Earlier last week when I checked the tracking page link (thanks to members Tanmay007 & drshajul), there was no update (booking complete was not updated)

Attachment 2223630
I don’t see any details when I login to my bookings. Following up with Sireesh guys. When did you place the booking?

Did any of the petrol bookings get any further updates on this page? Like order processed > shipped etc. Petrol vehicles delivery is supposed to start in couple of days.
febin8055 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 19:44   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier last week when I checked the tracking page link (thanks to members Tanmay007 & drshajul), there was no update (booking complete was not updated).

Wasn’t too concerned but had kept the page link in a tab open and I just saw it. Tried otp and the tracking link page is actually being updated. If it’ll be regularly updated by M&M Auto, this is a thoughtful feature by Mahindra and very welcomed.

Attachment 2223630
Even i was doing the same. I used to check this page atleast 4-5 times a day
Now, i see it is updated.
Also, from the Regular "my Bookings" Page, now we can see a Button for "Track my Booking" .
Mahindra XUV700 Review-capture.jpg
msksalman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:14   #2544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you notice that they have also exposed the 'track order' feature now?
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:22   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
I don’t see any details when I login to my bookings. Following up with Sireesh guys. When did you place the booking?

Did any of the petrol bookings get any further updates on this page? Like order processed > shipped etc. Petrol vehicles delivery is supposed to start in couple of days.
Hi Febin,

As member msksalman has posted above, in your login on the M&M Auto portal, under 'My Booking' page, you can now see the link to "Track my booking" (I just noticed it too).

I suppose this link should be available for everyone now. My booking was done by a salesman, at the dealership, on 07 October.

We should wait to hear from members who've booked Petrol fuel variants; they'd be the first who can share any updates, via this feature link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Did you notice that they have also exposed the 'track order' feature now?
Yes, I did only after seeing post #2543

--------------------------
Meanwhile, I suspect when M&M Auto has been able to run the algorithm and factor when our booked product will be delivered, that's when the 'order processed' status will be marked completed (thereby, giving us a tentative delivery date). What do others think?

Last edited by k_ajay : 25th October 2021 at 20:27. Reason: Adding response to post #2544
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:26   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post

Quote:

We should wait to hear from members who've booked Petrol fuel variants; they'd be the first who can share any updates, via this feature link.
As i posted the Screenshot above, My booking is the AX7 Petrol itself and i dont see any more updates compared to the one posted by BHPian k_ajay.
Old 25th October 2021, 20:42   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly the steps in the order tracking give an impression that the vehicle will be produced only after the order is processed
Old 25th October 2021, 20:51   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
As i posted the Screenshot above, My booking is the AX7 Petrol itself and i dont see any more updates compared to the one posted by BHPian k_ajay.
I may be off my mark but then I think we will see these boards ticking only after 27th Oct when M&M is planning to reveal the delivery dates from.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:51   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Interestingly the steps in the order tracking give an impression that the vehicle will be produced only after the order is processed
I think third party algorithm will kick in at this step to decide which order will be processed first!!
Old 25th October 2021, 20:52   #2550

Quote:
So, I have booked the AX5 MT Petrol variant on the 7th through the Dealer.

The dealer provided me the OTF details on 11th after couple of follow-ups. However, it was from an excel sheet of some sort. I called the helpline that was provided in the forum and the executive confirmed the booking and OTF.

I received the first congratulatory message on 21. Today I received another message the same default one mentioning the expected delivery dates for petrol and Diesel. No email so far. Checked junk mail too.

If the rumors are true then Petrol / Red Rage should be among the first to be delivered. No news from dealer yet.

Lets see if there is any news by 27th. It feels weird that as a person who is paying almost 20 Lakhs for a product has to do the follow-ups.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-booking.jpg  

Frostmite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks