Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2021, 13:31   #2446
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Got an email from Mahindra about by booking on Oct 8 th. Note that I have not called the dealer even once after booking mainly because I have not decided yet whether to cancel or not. As per the mail, price prevailed on Oct th would be applicable. Please see screen shot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211021_132707.jpg  

ScorpWarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 13:45   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
I can only see information for 4 tyres, where is the pressure/Temp for 5th spare tyre?
Even Thar has it for 4.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211021_134414.jpg
Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 14:01   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
Got an email from Mahindra about by booking on Oct 8 th. Note that I have not called the dealer even once after booking mainly because I have not decided yet whether to cancel or not. As per the mail, price prevailed on Oct th would be applicable. Please see screen shot attached.
Interesting. Can you confirm whether you had the same model added to your online cart on 6th Oct or earlier?
Old 21st October 2021, 14:24   #2449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Even Thar has it for 4.
Quote:
I can only see information for 4 tyres, where is the pressure/Temp for 5th spare tyre?
Anyone, please shed some light on this?
Spare tyre information will show up when there is a problem with the spare - in Thar as well.

There are some other features of the tyretronics that is detailed in the owner`s manual, all 5 tyres should have the sensor ideally as is the norm with their previous vehicles.
Old 21st October 2021, 14:52   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Interesting. Can you confirm whether you had the same model added to your online cart on 6th Oct or earlier?
No, I had not added the model before 8 th. But on 8 th I managed to book within first couple of minutes. By 10.03 my booking was done. I read somewhere earlier in the thread that price protection is only for those booked till 12 pm on 8 th, not sure about it though. I have notcome across any news or official communication on the timing criteria.
Old 21st October 2021, 15:09   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
No, I had not added the model before 8 th. But on 8 th I managed to book within first couple of minutes. By 10.03 my booking was done. I read somewhere earlier in the thread that price protection is only for those booked till 12 pm on 8 th, not sure about it though. I have notcome across any news or official communication on the timing criteria.
So here's what happened in my case: I had added to cart before bookings opened on 7th Oct at 10 AM. But with the website crashing I couldn't make the payment on 7th Oct. Next day I went to the dealer (NBS Chowpatty) at 9 AM and basically told them to take my money

The dealer told me that if I have added to cart before 10 AM on 7th Oct then it is likely that I will get the same rate as 7th provided I make the payment before 10 AM on 8th Oct i.e. before bookings open with the new pricing. So I made the payment at about 9:40 AM.

I haven't received any email from Mahindra yet. So not sure what price will be applicable. I'll update this thread once I hear from them. But someone had posted a few pages back that they got 7th Oct pricing even though they booked on 8th Oct. So fingers crossed!
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:21   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing all the information, Bhpians explore the features even before the Sales guy.
Anyone, please shed some light on this?
Did they cut the 5th tyre TPMS to cut the cost?
Even XUV300 and XUV500 have the information for the 5th spare tyre.
Can confirm, 3OO does show pressure for the spare as well.

Curious that neither the Thar nor the 7OO do.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:56   #2453
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your detailed review.

I got a chance to test drive the top-end diesel version (AX7).

- No doubt the sunroof is the biggest (Hope there won't be water leakage in rain)
- Electronics and Sensors everywhere
- Sony's Building Block Sound (Amazing)
- Planted at high speeds
- Less NVH
- The ADAS worked well in managing the lane control
- Aggressive price
- The updated FST suspension in the higher variant models gives a very good ride when tested on bad roads
- I am 6.2" tall and was able to get in and get out very comfortably (1st two rows)
- The vision of Mr Veluswamy (Product Development Chief) is clearly visible in the end product

The blind spot was displayed when I turned on the right indicator. No doubt it is a handy safety feature. The switch controls were sturdy. Attaching few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img1444.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img1445.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img1438.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 21st October 2021 at 17:21. Reason: Merged the posts. Thanks
RGK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 18:20   #2454
BHPian

Received the following mail from Mahindra yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211021_020108.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211021_015623.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 20:25   #2455

Test drove Ax7 diesel automatic today. Few points that i noted are:
1. The ride quality is outstanding over speed breakers. FSD do works. With increasing speed, steering weights up proportionately. Coming from an ecosport owner, this is expected!!
2. Ergonomically, all controls are well laid out.
3. The engine is extremely vocal. The acceleration is very brisk but gets very loud. Drive modes works well. But in zap and zoom modes the engine noise is felt more prominently. Perhaps, aftermarket noise insulation will be required(Don't know whether possible or not)
4. FCW is unobstrusive. Slight haptic feedback is felt at the steering with a collision warning in the screen.
5. Lane change camera is very nifty with almost no lag.
6. Sound staging is very good.
7. AT is lag free but CVT in my Magnite is smoother.
8. Auto dimming irvm from xuv300 can be fitted according to the sales guy. But as of now he is not 100% sure. He also said that accessories will be added gradually to the existing line up in due couse of time.
9. Lastly, recommend tyre pressure is 32psi. I think keeping 30psi will make the ride more comfortable. Read few comments about ride quality not being very cushy.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 22:31   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
So here's what happened in my case: I had added to cart before bookings opened on 7th Oct at 10 AM. But with the website crashing I couldn't make the payment on 7th Oct. Next day I went to the dealer (NBS Chowpatty) at 9 AM and basically told them to take my money

The dealer told me that if I have added to cart before 10 AM on 7th Oct then it is likely that I will get the same rate as 7th provided I make the payment before 10 AM on 8th Oct i.e. before bookings open with the new pricing. So I made the payment at about 9:40 AM.

I haven't received any email from Mahindra yet. So not sure what price will be applicable. I'll update this thread once I hear from them. But someone had posted a few pages back that they got 7th Oct pricing even though they booked on 8th Oct. So fingers crossed!
Check your junk folder once, all Mahindra emails to me are going to junk folder.

I am sure you will get day 1 pricing since you had it in your cart, unless there was something that the dealer had to do which was not done.
Sandegov is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:32   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks for your detailed review.
- I am 6.2" tall and was able to get in and get out very comfortably (1st two rows)
During the TD, felt that the roof was lower in the 700 than the 500, did anyone else feel this or was it only me.
Old 22nd October 2021, 00:38   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Check your junk folder once, all Mahindra emails to me are going to junk folder.

I am sure you will get day 1 pricing since you had it in your cart, unless there was something that the dealer had to do which was not done.
Thanks for highlighting this, there were three emails sitting in my junk folder. One was important and mentioned delivery details will be shared by 27th Oct :

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
During the TD, felt that the roof was lower in the 700 than the 500, did anyone else feel this or was it only me.
That is no surprise as the XUV 500 is taller than the XUV 700. I did feel ingress to be more comfortable in XUV 500.
Old 22nd October 2021, 00:39   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
Yes, as per spec XUV700 is 30cm shorter. Even then headroom appears to be much more shorter than XUV500.
Probably because of sunroof the roof on front side is little slant and hence the headroom for front seats especially for driver seat when kept at fully upward position seems to be shorter.
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:32   #2460
BHPian

Home test drives have started, at least in Bangalore.Dealer mentioned they got the TD vehicles this week.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks