Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 10:53   #2356
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I too booked AX7 L DSL yesterday and OFC No starts with B-6728XXX
No clue when it would be delivered but not before Feb/Mar 2022.
Extra time to save money. Less loan

Very excited and hope initial niggles as I read in the forum like the latest Qualcomm chip/brake issue etc would be fixed at the time of delivery.
Nervous on price hike as delivery is 6 months away

Last edited by aka_iitd : 19th October 2021 at 11:08.
Old 19th October 2021, 10:53   #2357
BHPian

Yesterday I visited showroom where I have booked, and saw two shiney SUVs on the display. One of them looked a bit different to me. Then I found that it wasn't XUV700, but Alturas G4! I was surprised, because I had heard that it has been discontinued. I asked the salesperson about it. He said it is not at all discontinued, but in fact has a waiting period of 1 month. And quoted discount was 2.75 lakh.

Has anyone here considered the Alturas G4? How do you compare it to XUV700? Is there any case to pick it at 35 lakh on road (after discount) instead of XUV700 L AWD at 28 lakh?

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 19th October 2021 at 10:55.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 11:19   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Yesterday I visited showroom where I have booked, and saw two shiney SUVs on the display. One of them looked a bit different to me. Then I found that it wasn't XUV700, but Alturas G4! I was surprised, because I had heard that it has been discontinued. I asked the salesperson about it. He said it is not at all discontinued, but in fact has a waiting period of 1 month. And quoted discount was 2.75 lakh.

Has anyone here considered the Alturas G4? How do you compare it to XUV700? Is there any case to pick it at 35 lakh on road (after discount) instead of XUV700 L AWD at 28 lakh?
I had the same thought process for a while. I was quoted on-road price of 35L after discount. I was told by the SA that the car is not discontinued, however it is manufactured only after order. Decided not to extend the budget and stick with XUV700.
Old 19th October 2021, 11:38   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Is there any case to pick it at 35 lakh on road (after discount) instead of XUV700 L AWD at 28 lakh?
I had considered this. I do not much value the extra space provided by cars in the D2 segment over D1 (especially larger ones in the segment like the XUV).

So, for me, it came down to the safety, reliability, service, power-to-weight ratio, comfort, features etc and I did not see enough there to pay the 20% premium for the Alturas.

But yes, if you do value the space, it may be worthwhile.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 11:54   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Did you book a Diesel or a Petrol? Can you please share the exact trim that you booked?
I had booked the AX7 Petrol AT.
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 12:20   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Autobooster headlamps @ 8:45
Wonder if this is something to do with extra LEDs, or just LEDs working at increased wattage!
Must for Indian roads.
At the dealership, I was informed that the led light in the enclosure below the high beam enclosure, is the light source for Auto Booster headlamp (the circled part in the image, below). It wasn’t part of the low beam or high beam, with additional wattage.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ad0054861dd544b5a6e2665ee15ba063.jpeg

However, I still wonder if it will not work, unless high beam is on. In my opinion, auto booster feature will be useful, if it turns on when just the low beam is on (without high beam). I also recall, in Mahindra’s own features teaser byte-sized videos, the high beam was NOT turned on, to showcase Auto Booster headlamp feature functionality.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 12:34   #2362
BHPian

Had called the dealer to enquire about the delivery schedule; was told that dates will be announced by 21st Oct for sure.

Also, I asked him about insurance/accessories etc; he said that can be discussed only after delivery dates are out. I have contacted Bajaj Allianz and ICICI Lombard for external insurance quotes anyway, awaiting the same.

Has anyone on the forum received any good quotes as yet?
Old 19th October 2021, 12:39   #2363
BHPian

A friend was looking to test drive the XUV 7oo Petrol Manual, accompanied him ( didn't test drive, since looking to test drive the Diesel Top AT variant, which is still not available for test drives with the Local Dealer ).

XUV 7oo has a lot of presence and my friend loved the drive. It really looks good and would be test driving it in Delhi shortly.

Except some missing essential features like Auto IRVM, ventilated seats, Electric Tail gate etc.., found it pretty good, though i could see the feel and finish of the plastics is just average and I saw some inconsistent panel gaps.

Overall, it looks great and drives pretty well & seems well planted and I would hopefully drive the AX7 AT Diesel variant soon.

Will not be booking it immediately and would probably wait for a year or so that all missing features get added in a new variant and niggles if any, are sorted out.

Overall, it is a big thumsup to the XUV and Mahindra seems to have done a pretty good job.

Last edited by Manojah : 19th October 2021 at 12:44.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 14:19   #2364
BHPian

Just contacted Mahindra to correct the mobile and email address (my dealer wrongly entered my mobile number and put a random email address). They asked me to contact the dealer as only dealer can make changes. Also asked me to cc bookingsupport@mahindra.com.

Asked him about the OTF number. He says that the OTF is a random generated number.
Old 19th October 2021, 14:24   #2365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Delivery details will be shared with all customers who have pre-booked their 7OOs from today evening onwards by the respective local dealerships.
Here's one which has been received earlier today (sent to me on Whatsapp by a source):-

Mahindra XUV700 Review-dod.jpg

Those who booked the petrol variants should start receiving these.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th October 2021 at 14:30. Reason: clarified source.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 14:40   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

However, I still wonder if it will not work, unless high beam is on. In my opinion, auto booster feature will be useful, if it turns on when just the low beam is on (without high beam). I also recall, in Mahindra’s own features teaser byte-sized videos, the high beam was NOT turned on, to showcase Auto Booster headlamp feature functionality.
The video shared in this thread above clearly depicts that this feature works only when high beam is on. I am re sharing the link to the video in question:
BharathXUV700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 14:52   #2367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharathXUV700 View Post
The video shared in this thread above clearly depicts that this feature works only when high beam is on. I am re sharing the link to the video in question: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yn_zat_4i2Q
My SA during the TD and the subsequent visits had iterated multiple times that the Auto Booster headlamp shall work in the auto mode when the High Beam is on
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 15:19   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I have contacted Bajaj Allianz and ICICI Lombard for external insurance quotes anyway, awaiting the same.

Has anyone on the forum received any good quotes as yet?
I checked online on Acko. I have had very smooth claim and RSA experience with them. Their quote for comprehensive coverage with zero deprecation is 70K cheaper than what dealer mentioned.
impala is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 15:29   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's one which has been received earlier today (sent to me on Whatsapp by a source):-

Attachment 2221106

Those who booked the petrol variants should start receiving these.
If Petrol variant delivery is spilling into December, God help the Diesel variants
Old 19th October 2021, 17:12   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I checked online on Acko. I have had very smooth claim and RSA experience with them. Their quote for comprehensive coverage with zero deprecation is 70K cheaper than what dealer mentioned.
Wow.

Hope early buyers don't end up squandering the "price protection" advantage by shelling out 70k extra for insurance.

What a rip-off!
naru80 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed