Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 15:24   #2401
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Anyone discussed DPF issues in diesel with any dealership. I have been reading about it in other threads including THAR and seems like only city driving will lead to DPF issues.
Old 20th October 2021, 15:32   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Yes!! I just talked about this a page back, so happy that Mahindra included this. Have to say the entire infotainment package and software feature development has been done marvellously well. No wonder since Mahindra partnered with Bosch to work on all this.

Some update on the portal. My Bookings now show a Track My Booking button. Although it doesn't seem to do anything yet I'm optimistic.
are you able to view the results when you click "Track my Booking"? to me it takes me to a 404.

Also, dealer bookings do not have the OTF displayed online.
Old 20th October 2021, 15:35   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
when you click "Track my Booking"? to me it takes me to a 404.
Yeah same here. But I have the diesel variant, anyone who booked the petrol online care to check if the page loads for them?

Quote:
Don't think OTF is displayed online for anyone. I booked online and I don't see it. I received the OTF no. via Email/Whatsapp from Mahindra.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 20th October 2021 at 15:41.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:39   #2404
BHPian

Quote:
are you able to view the results when you click "Track my Booking"? to me it takes me to a 404.

quick update, the OTF shows up when you refresh the page, however, the track my booking option goes away! Strange bug!
Old 20th October 2021, 15:40   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Price break-up of India Garage Mahadevapura has around 1.1L for insurance of AX7 Petrol AT while Acko comes around 50K with tax. When I was referring to a 70K difference, I was referring to a 1.2L quote from another dealer, which I couldn't find now. Still a 60K difference.
Thanks. India Garage is my dealer as well. Let me know if you have any success in negotiating the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Powered tailgate, Ventilated seats will be extremely tough or maybe impossible to retrofit, though I guess auto dimming IVRM should be doable.
This is what I thought as well. Honestly, the IRVM was not a big miss for me. If I felt the need for one after I bought the car, could have found some after-market alternative or have it retrofitted if Mahindra came out with one. But a retrofit for a powered tailgate would be impossible or crazy expensive.

I am pretty happy with what I am getting right now. But if these features are introduced in just 6 months after I take delivery, it may dampen the spirit a bit.
Old 20th October 2021, 15:45   #2406
BHPian

Update: I can now see a proper tracking page. The "track my booking" button disappeared but I had saved its URL. No actual progress on the page though.

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211020-3.42.26-pm.png  

Tanmay007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:47   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Thanks. India Garage is my dealer as well. Let me know if you have any success in negotiating the insurance.
India Garage is my dealer as well. Please keep me posted on the insurance negotiation. I talked to them while booking and they said will discuss more when car is allocated to you
Old 20th October 2021, 15:50   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak29 View Post
Quick query - I had booked my XUV700 through the dealer on Oct 8. The same day, the dealer shared a screenshot with the OTF number and I also got an email from Mahindra regarding the same. However, even 10 days later, when I log into the Mahindra website, it does not show my booking.

Is this something others have also experienced? IT seems odd that even 10 days later, all the bookings do not reflect at the Mahindra backend.
Hi I just randomly checked the portal and I see my booking details on it now. I originally had booked through the dealer initially, still its reflecting under my bookings section.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211020154031_chrome.jpg  

Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:00   #2409
BHPian

I have done my booking through a dealer on the 8th. I am now able to view the booking on the Mahindra online portal. It shows the details of the booking amount paid but does not show the promised price.

I am not able to see the 'Track my Booking' option.
Old 20th October 2021, 16:05   #2410
BHPian

Finally saw the booking confirmed message on the website (though I booked through dealer). There's no tracking button though. Also, I had booked on the 8th and I'm glad it shows the 8th of October (was worried that it might show a later date) - though, I won't be getting price protection so that's that Not in a hurry to get the car, so I'm content to wait till Q2 2022 or however long it takes for the first 50k deliveries (with price protection) to be done
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-booking-confirmed.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:13   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 clocks 65,000 bookings in 2 weeks

Mahindra has received over 65,000 bookings for the XUV700 in just two weeks since order books opened on October 7, 2021. Out of these, 50,000 cars were booked in just two days.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-studio-pic-02.jpg

Mahindra has also confirmed the delivery schedule for the XUV700. Deliveries for petrol variants will start from October 30, while diesel variants will be handed over from the last week of November.

We had earlier reported that deliveries were expected to commence from the end of October. It is said that Mahindra aims to deliver 10,000 units before the end of this year and 25,000 units before the end of February 2022.

The XUV700 comes with two engine options - 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol producing 197 BHP and 380 Nm and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that makes 182 BHP and 420 Nm (MT) / 450 Nm (AT). Both engines come with a choice of a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel-drive will also be available as an option.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th October 2021 at 17:16.
TusharK is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:49   #2412
BHPian

Mahindra XUV7OO and Thar may help Mahindra to reclaim the 3rd spot which is lost to Tata/KIA over the past couple of years. However, to make it happen, the ECU shortage & supply chain has to be fixed.

Regarding 65000 bookings, many may cancel it because of the price hike at the time of delivery or in between and because of the long waiting periods, especially for the Diesel variants. Many customers make a parallel booking too for other cars (Harrier, Scorpio, Creta, or Compass) and pick up the one whichever gets delivered sooner.
Sunderdeep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:57   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra XUV700 clocks 65,000 bookings in 2 weeks
It is interesting that despite such a high order backlog, M&M is still reaching out to customers who had given a request in the Mahindra website. If their claims on orders are true, then it is truly commendable that M&M still decided to reach out to customers who ultimately did not end up following through.

I got a call from M&M even today from a relationship executive asking the reason why I didn't proceed and whether I'd like to give any feedback. Apart from the weekly calls I have been getting from dealers in Bangalore asking whether I want to proceed.

My answer to them have been always this, "I understand why you have kept the variants this way but without a 'VFM mid-variant' there is no way I'm spending close to 20L."

Yesterday, when I was doing the TD for XUV3OO the SA got a call from a 7OO customer asking for booking cancellation refund.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:00   #2414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
But nevertheless I'm glad to see an Indian manufacturer delivering a very rounded product with majority of things upto global standards. We are still working on the Vitamin M aspect to go for a discounted VW Tiguan Allspace now . Maybe the next gen Mahindras would be truly at euro levels, but for now that finesse factor is what is missing.
Something that would interest you. Happened to hear from Sirish Chandran`s review that XUV`s body is benchmarked against Skoda Kodiak which I think is the same as Tiguan allspace.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:02   #2415
BHPian

Came across a Post from "RushLane" on their instagram Page:

Mahindra XUV700 Buyers Will Get Their Delivery Date Details From 27th Oct

Mahindra has not revealed delivery date to their customers yet. All those who have booked the XUV700, will get to know of their delivery timeline from 27th October onwards. Delivery of petrol XUV700 will start first.

The first unit of the XUV700 will be delivered on 30th October 2021. Deliveries of diesel XUV700 will start from last week of November. Mahindra will not be following the booking order to deliver. Instead, they have adopted a different approach.

Speaking about the delivery process, Mahindra says, “Mahindra has partnered with one of the top 3 global consulting companies to devise and implement an algorithm-based process. The objective is to streamline the delivery process for customers, based on a combination of parameters which include, quantum of bookings at city and dealer level, ratio of online and bookings at dealer counters and variant-level production feasibility based on supply chain constraints.

The delivery timelines will be communicated to customers by their respective dealerships starting 27th October 2021 for both petrol and diesel variants. This date may change, depending on the prevailing global supply chain scenario.”
msksalman is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks