Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 14:30   #1651
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello folks,

I did test drive XUV700 AX7L Diesel AT today. It was an internal track by Anant cars, Bangalore, hence couldn't go beyond 30 or 40 kmph. The SA says that they still haven't got approvals to drive on the road.

I felt very comfortable to drive and it has a clear view of bonnet and surrounding objects, didn't feel that I was driving a huge car (I currently have Jazz). Also, the steering was light even in the Zoom mode, hopefully it will weigh during higher speeds which I couldn't test. Suspensions also felt very nice for 2nd row passengers even on multiple speed breakers and uneven road. Overall, I think it is a very competent SUV and has all the bells & whistles.

I have paid booking amount for AX7 (OTR in Blore will be 24.94 L). Tempted to go to AX7L, and that is 27.41 L and too much of a stretch.
What I will miss in AX7 compared to AX7L: 360 degree surround view (must have). Remaining items are "good to have" as per my requirements.

Not sure if i can install 360 surround camera later as it is not an accessory as on date. Difficult to justify 2.5L to upgrade.
Need your expert advise on this please...!!!
Carz77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 14:44   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Not sure if i can install 360 surround camera later as it is not an accessory as on date. Difficult to justify 2.5L to upgrade.
360 camera involves a camera at the front and 2 cameras on the ORVMs. If you need to install them, you need to get rid of the existing ORVMs and buy the ones with the camera provision. So, even if the company allows, it is going to be expensive affair.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 14:55   #1653
BHPian

Looks like Ford dealerships are desperate to stay in business and are trying to migrate to other manufacturers. We can wee the XUV7OOs parked in front of the FORD branded showroom.

This is not an unusual picture in usual times as the same dealer might have multi-brand contract. But, with the context of Ford's exit and this XUV7OO was slated to be shared with Ford for it's cross-badged sibling, it has a deep meaning.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-forddealersshowroommahindraxuv700cars1068x601.jpg

Source: Rushlane.com

Last edited by saikarthik : 6th October 2021 at 14:57.
saikarthik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 14:56   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
I have paid booking amount for AX7 (OTR in Blore will be 24.94 L). Tempted to go to AX7L, and that is 27.41 L and too much of a stretch.
What I will miss in AX7 compared to AX7L: 360 degree surround view (must have). Remaining items are "good to have" as per my requirements.

I too was in the same boat and was not able to justify the 2L plus for Luxury variant. I took a test drive of Petrol Auto top variant and the 360 camera / Blind View Monitor were too good to be missed. I also liked the EPB, ever since I saw that in Jeep Compass. Other features like Sony system, additional knee airbag, wireless charger were good to have and not must have. But considering that my wife also would be driving this vehicle, felt 360 camera and BVM would be falling under must category. So have proceeded with AX7L Petrol Auto. Wife's thought process is that this car should be the primary family car for next 10 years at least and it needs to have all bells and whistles available at the time of booking. She convinced me from AX5 (just because of non white seats) to AX7 to AX7L. If you are planning to keep this car for at least 5+ years, my suggestion (or rather my wife's suggestion) is not to compromise and repent later

Last edited by MukundanMK : 6th October 2021 at 15:08.
MukundanMK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 14:57   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
360 camera involves a camera at the front and 2 cameras on the ORVMs. If you need to install them, you need to get rid of the existing ORVMs and buy the ones with the camera provision. So, even if the company allows, it is going to be expensive affair.
Quote:
Hello folks,

You'll also miss out on blind spot detection. I think that is very useful, probably more than 360 degree view. And I seriously doubt if you will be able to incorporate this after market. Even if you get the new ORVMs with cameras, I don't any easy way of integrating it into the display units.

Another useful feature is EPB and auto hold. Especially if you plan to drive in stop and go traffic.

My advice: Go for the AX7L if you will keep the vehicle for a long time and if this is going to be your primary vehicle.

Last edited by charade : 6th October 2021 at 15:00.
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 14:59   #1656
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Have the deliveries started?

I saw a couple of XUV7OOs with garlands last evening as well as a couple of cars (including one with AX7 'L' badging) with ribbons and garlands this morning in Delhi.
Old 6th October 2021, 15:09   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Red looks great! thanks for sharing. By the way, Whats that green bucket doing under the car? Was there an oil drip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 7OO in Red looks killer
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 15:10   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Don't be under the faintest doubt that all this was just based on M&M listening to customer feedback and responding magically with two new variants in days! There is no way a company can plan, source, market two completely new variants in 5 days! This was all pre-planned to the day. Here is what the internal game plan within M&M XUV 700 team would have been like:
I agree.

Mahindra is indeed playing mindgames!

It is obvious from the chronology of events, 'leaks', release of pricing with very selective product information to create biases. Even now, a lot of information is still missing. Even the dealers are playing along. In spite of knowing that the product is still so buggy. Its India, not USA/EU

Wondering if company representatives were posting messages here, must say if they did, they did a wonderful job.
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 15:26   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello folks,

What I will miss in AX7 compared to AX7L: [b]360 degree surround view (must have)
Not specifically commenting this but a lot of people are placing very high emphasis on 360 degree camera nowadays. I have no idea if these really add any value to as much extent as people claim it does.

More the gimmicks, more the electronics, more chances of failure. And electronics are very difficult to diagnose and repair. These things will cost a bomb during replacement, All these gizmos in the new cars seem fancy, but most of the are still under warranty. Once these gizmos start failing our of warranty, thats when the pain will start.

P.S. I drive a car without a rear view sensor, so I may be really old school. I think reversing without cameras will qualify as a stunt in few years.

Also, have developed a phobia for electronic failure based on my experience with my Polo.

Last edited by 2000rpm : 6th October 2021 at 15:28.
2000rpm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 15:27   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
. By the way, Whats that green bucket doing under the car? Was there an oil drip?
May be a symbolic way of telling there are bucket loads of features in there .

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 6th October 2021 at 15:29.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 15:31   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ags82 View Post
Does XUV700 has a manual regeneration facility like Crysta or Fortuner?
XUV300 diesel does have the manual regen feature. It would be surprising if this car doesn't have it.

jampot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 15:34   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Not specifically commenting this but a lot of people are placing very high emphasis on 360 degree camera nowadays. I have no idea if these really add any value to as much extent as people claim it does.

More the gimmicks, more the electronics, more chances of failure. And electronics are very difficult to diagnose and repair. These things will cost a bomb during replacement, All these gizmos in the new cars seem fancy, but most of the are still under warranty. Once these gizmos start failing our of warranty, thats when the pain will start.

P.S. I drive a car without a rear view sensor, so I may be really old school. I think reversing without cameras will qualify as a stunt in few years.

Also, have developed a phobia for electronic failure based on my experience with my Polo.
Ditto In fact while test drive of the Alcazar with 360camera, I found it to be a distraction and I don't even remember making use of it during the 10km run. May be it will take some time getting used to, but it is certainly not a deal maker/ breaker for me
As they say in reliability subject, each system (read gizmo) adds to the unreliability factor. So the lesser the better unless it is a proven tech.
Old 6th October 2021, 15:48   #1663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
By the way, Whats that green bucket doing under the car? Was there an oil drip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
May be a symbolic way of telling there are bucket loads of features in there
My guess - to collect the dripping water from the ACC system so that the showroom floor remains dry.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 16:43   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Have the deliveries started?
No Sir, not even the bookings have started yet. They will open the bookings tomorrow and estimated delivery dates will be revealed on 10th October. Those garlands, ribbons etc. might be done by a dealer opening a new showroom welcoming the first cars..
Old 6th October 2021, 16:44   #1665
BHPian

Have you booked the Manual or the Automatic?

Most Viewed