Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 17:45   #2341

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Given the demand supply skew, I suspect that the dealers will insist on taking the absurdly priced insurance from them.

I hope that if enough people start reporting this to the corporate and tweet to Anand Mahindra, they might budge.
hardshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 18:16   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
To just open/close just the curtain - It is a half click push. Try pushing the lever slowly and you'll get to know the sweet spot of Half-Click.
I was wondering why Mahindra has designed the entire thing to open with a single button press, especially since it doesn't have a rain sensor. A multi button, or a dial layout like the previous gen Octavia would've been much more easy to use, but I'm glad they haven't overlooked this small but simple thing.
Old 18th October 2021, 18:17   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Someone from Mahindra had called me today to discuss a different issue. He gave me another number: 18002096006. At this number, they will give you the OTF Id and the variant details as well.
I called on this number as suggested and sure they did confirm on the Booking and variant details. Additionally I asked them if they can confirm on the delivery dates, they mentioned that the details have been dispatched to the respective dealers and did take my dealers name as well. However the Dealer/ SA is not accessible . So I think in the upcoming week the dates should be out at least for the first 25-50K bookings.
Monty1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 18:43   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Non-luxury AWD was actually the original variant. People demanded an L trim for the AWD, so the AWD L is what's new and was added just 3-4 days before 7th Oct after customer demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The XUV 7OO Diesel AWD variant without the 'L' pack option, was the first available AWD variant. which was initially ₹ 21,09,000 (prior to price rise on 08 October 2021). Its the AWD with Luxury pack, that was added later, for ₹ 22,89,000, on 05 October 2021.
Thank you Tanmay and Ajay for correcting me !
Given that L version price increase was INR 10,000 while non-L version increase was INR 40,000, I may consider the L version too if future price hikes are not too high.
desidino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 21:40   #2345

I have a question regarding the infotainment. Please enlighten me if you know the answer! Is the rotatory knob the only way to control the volume in XUV700? I haven't seen any infotainment controls other than that with my brief meeting with the car.
Kousie_Arima is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 21:50   #2346
BHPian

I got a call from my dealer today and he enquired a few demographics from me. A couple of hours later got a call from the Mahindra call centre who verified the booking details. As I already had the OTF, I didn't bother asking either of them. But on enquiring about the delivery dates from the dealer representative, he informed that Mahindra will share the CPD (short for 'Customer Promise date') on 20th/21st.

Possibly, the dates are not accurate, but going by other posts here, definitely the delivery dates should be with the dealers at the earliest now.
piyush1.a is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 21:59   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
I have a question regarding the infotainment. Please enlighten me if you know the answer! Is the rotatory knob the only way to control the volume in XUV700? I haven't seen any infotainment controls other than that with my brief meeting with the car.
You can adjust volume via controls on the left side of the steering wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211018-9.57.24-pm.jpg  

Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 01:35   #2348
BHPian

Autobooster headlamps @ 8:45
This is the first video where I have seen this feature.
Wonder if this is something to do with extra LEDs, or just LEDs working at increased wattage!

Nice video explaining the lights of XUV7OO.
Nice and bright setup with Auto headlamps. Must for Indian roads.

fazalmirza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 05:42   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
Given the demand supply skew, I suspect that the dealers will insist on taking the absurdly priced insurance from them.
I asked my sales person about this. He said, "don't worry, we will take care".

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th October 2021 at 09:12. Reason: typo edited
Old 19th October 2021, 07:04   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kousie_Arima View Post
Ways to control volume in XUV700 -

1. Rotary knob (as you mentioned)
2. Steering mounted control (shown in a different post)
3. Alexa voice command
4. Touchscreen
5. (my assumption) Adrenox mobile app

There will be enough ways, enjoy!
p_darshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 09:43   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I called on this number as suggested and sure they did confirm on the Booking and variant details. Additionally I asked them if they can confirm on the delivery dates, they mentioned that the details have been dispatched to the respective dealers
Called the same number and they did confirm my booking date, variant and the OTF number. On the delivery date, got an end of Nov as the start date for all Diesel variants. The executive did mention that we will soon get more accurate delivery dates via the dealership.

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 19th October 2021 at 09:45. Reason: Correction
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:12   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Called the same number and they did confirm my booking date, variant and the OTF number. On the delivery date, got an end of Nov as the start date for all Diesel variants. The executive did mention that we will soon get more accurate delivery dates via the dealership.
I too called them.. what was impressive is that as soon as I called, they addressed me with the name given in the records while booking.. the system they have is pretty well designed.

When i asked about some like me who have not recieved any booking confirmation message, he said that it may be because it was an offline booking.

Will contact the dealer within a couple of days for delivery date updates.
Old 19th October 2021, 10:13   #2353
Senior - BHPian

Booked the XUV7OO yesterday via Mahindra's website.

I chose PPS Motors' Church Street dealership but the end result showed Indiranagar! I called the Church Street showroom I was coordinating with but they said they cannot change it.

Cancelled the order assuming it was a mistake I made (knowing I would lose ₹2100). And the same thing happened again. :\

Called Mahindra this morning to ask them if the dealership can be changed and the ₹2100 cancellation fee refunded. She said no, that is not as per company policy. I will need to cancel and book directly with the dealer. I pushed further and she provided the email ID of their booking support team. I have emailed them now. Hoping for a favourable outcome.

Quite the mess. :(
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:27   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I asked my sales person about this. He said, "don't worry, we will take care".
Even I spoke to my delaer in Noida, they also said the same thing but I have my own insurance agent with whom i had checked. She quoted around 45k with all the bells and whistles for ex showroom of 14.99 L.

Hoping that the insurance piece gets more rationalised at the dealer's end.
anirbanm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:37   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
Had asked dealer to book AX7L AWD on 7th , which they managed to book on 8th & forwarded me OTF number. Today while rechecking, found that AWD is missing in description & inquired from dealership. They indeed forgot to mention AWD while booking
Now asking me to book another unit( AWD) by paying 21 K and they will manage when time comes ! Pls guide
Update
Called Mahindra customer care on this. Was told that no change in variant is allowed and asked me to contact dealership on this, hence again putting me in never ending circle. However, it was also revealed that dealer has made a fresh booking in my name with right variant on Oct 15 (without cancelling the original one done on 8th Oct). I am not sure that how dealer is planning to manage this mistake made at his end?
MissionManali is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks