Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 16:53   #3841
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Go to the Alexa mobile app which you would’ve used to connect with the car. More ——> Settings —> Music & Podcasts ——> Default Services. Here you can change it to the app of your choice.
Have tried this multiple times, even removing the alexa integration completely and adding the car again. It uses only hungama music no matter what I select
Old 25th December 2021, 17:26   #3842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
The mahindra website seems to be awfully barebones with respect to details and there seems to be absolutely no reviews of the AWD sytem, except for the staged one from launch - which isn't exactly useful.
It really seems painfully surprising that Mahindra hasn't till date put anything about the AWD in their marketing campaign.
Even the 2 cars sent to the Umling La , were petrol ones .

For a many buyers like us who booked AWD in the anticipation of driving in mild off road conditions (Ghats,Himalayas) , the no-show of this variant is sending a negative vibe.

If we look at the current Indian automobile market , XUV700 seems to be the only vehicle under 30 lac OTR having an AWD with monocoque chassis . Shouldn't this be the USP to be highlighted?
D_Security_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 18:09   #3843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
It really seems painfully surprising that Mahindra hasn't till date put anything about the AWD in their marketing campaign.

For a many buyers like us who booked AWD in the anticipation of driving in mild off road conditions (Ghats,Himalayas) , the no-show of this variant is sending a negative vibe.

If we look at the current Indian automobile market , XUV700 seems to be the only vehicle under 30 lac OTR having an AWD with monocoque chassis . Shouldn't this be the USP to be highlighted?
To be honest I think they did give it noticeable marketing - the part that bothers me most is that its all marketing speak with nothing by the way of details.

I havent booked an XUV700 yet - though it certainly tops my list right now. But given that I expanded my budget from about 15L to 30L already for a "do it all" machine, the lack of details on AWD and the ridiculous waiting period on the XUV makes it rather tempting to consider the 4x4 on the Jeep at a little more money.
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 18:49   #3844
BHPian

Quote:

Exactly, not a single AWD car has been delivered, other than one or two reviews( on the mahindra test facility when it was launched) we haven't seen any AWD cars. Deliveries seem to be getting pushed as well. I think the AWD system needs more chips but it wouldn't have taken this long for atleast one car to be delivered.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 20:36   #3845
BHPian

Quote:
I really hope and keep my fingers crossed that Mahindra has put enough test mileage on this variant to tune it and sort out any niggles with the AWD and give us a well integrated system, from the looks of it it looks like AWD is at the bottom of priority list for Mahindra.
Old 25th December 2021, 21:59   #3846
BHPian

Is anyone using the personalized voice (loved ones' voice) warning system? How well does it work if it is there in the car at all (I remember it being shared in the initial marketing before the launch)? Owners, please share your take on this.
rajk15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 22:57   #3847
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone watched the overdrive 700th episode that included XUV7OO being driven in LRoK? The AWD in Red is featured on that episode. I missed it. Tomorrow again a repeat telecast on cnbc tv18 overdrive show. Eventually it should be on YouTube as well.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 00:19   #3848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Anyone watched the overdrive 700th episode that included XUV7OO being driven in LRoK? The AWD in Red is featured on that episode. I missed it. Tomorrow again a repeat telecast on cnbc tv18 overdrive show. Eventually it should be on YouTube as well.
Hiya Abirnale, they've uploaded it to YouTube. Here's the link -
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 00:47   #3849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Hiya Abirnale, they've uploaded it to YouTube.
Finally a video talking about the AWD.

However, It seems like everyone in the video is talking about 'all 4 wheels being powered' in the drag race.

This contradicts the assumption that it's not a full time AWD but a 'torque on demand' which shift to FWD at speeds > 60 KMPH?

Also does AWD have some advantage over FWD in a drag race?
D_Security_Guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 00:54   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I really hope and keep my fingers crossed that Mahindra has put enough test mileage on this variant to tune it and sort out any niggles with the AWD and give us a well integrated system, from the looks of it it looks like AWD is at the bottom of priority list for Mahindra.
With capital invested in design and production of a car, it usually makes financial sense for a manufacturer to get on with things, and sort out some issues along the way.

With reassigned priorities (presumably due to chip shortge), the delay might actually help giving Mahindra more time to sort out issues. It could work in one's favour.

Last edited by Poitive : 26th December 2021 at 00:55. Reason: Refinement
Old 26th December 2021, 00:55   #3851
BHPian

Quote:
This contradicts the assumption that it's not a full time AWD but a 'torque on demand' which shift to FWD at speeds > 60 KMPH?
There is an "AWD Lock" button on the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel. So it most probably also has a "true" AWD mode (which sends power to all 4 wheels with some defined power-split ratio- not necessarily 50:50 front:rear), and not just an "Auto" AWD mode (which only opportunistically sends the power to the rear as required - also the default mode)

Quote:
Also does AWD have some advantage over FWD in a drag race?
AWD forces power through 4 wheels instead of 2. In traction limited scenarios (like in the crusty desert in that video) its most likely going to kick in even in auto-AWD mode (on by default) and thus send power down to the wheels more effectively (ie, minimising loss of power traction by reducing wheelspin). So yes, there is a clear benefit in that video.

On tarmac, unless there is a chance of wheelspin there is not much use of having AWD on a drag race since grip levels are generally expected to be sufficient to have no loss of traction even for the FWD version.

Last edited by Transmission : 26th December 2021 at 01:03.
Old 26th December 2021, 00:55   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajk15 View Post
Is anyone using the personalized voice (loved ones' voice) warning system? How well does it work if it is there in the car at all (I remember it being shared in the initial marketing before the launch)? Owners, please share your take on this.
I asked about this at the workshop and was told they don't know how to set this up. My plan was to record "silence" and get rid of the beeps
akg7091 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 07:29   #3853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajk15 View Post
Yes, I have used this on my AX7L P AT. Below are the steps on the Adrenox App.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211226_071606.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211226_071621.jpg  

mahesh.alse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 09:04   #3854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I asked about this at the workshop and was told they don't know how to set this up. My plan was to record "silence" and get rid of the beeps
I had the same idea and asked my SA during the test drive, but was told that this feature was limited to the ADAS related alerts - think it was the drowsiness alert that he mentioned. And BHPian @Mudhalaipatti confirmed that the overspeed alert is not user configurable -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5215904 (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review)

I think we will have to live with the beeps. If anyone finds a workaround, do drop me a PM.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 09:04   #3855

Where is the memory card slot located in the AX7 L? Anyone who knows please shed some light

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks