Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 21:51   #5341
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Delivery date for my AX7 L AWD has been moved closer by a month. May-June instead of June-July. Sadly, this happened after I bought a different car (Carens). Have others also witnessed the same? If yes, this could signal a boost in production.
My delivery date was preponed from June to April. The date range given on the Mahindra site has gone by (10th to 17th). However there’s no sign of the car yet, dealer has no update as well. So I don’t know if there’s been a boost in production or not. I am not hounding the dealer or chasing Mahindra via email/social media etc. Am fine with waiting since the product does seem to be getting sorted more & more as time goes by.
eagles_ts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 22:18   #5342
BHPian

Quote:
Delivery date for my AX7 L AWD has been moved closer by a month. May-June instead of June-July. Sadly, this happened after I bought a different car (Carens). Have others also witnessed the same? If yes, this could signal a boost in production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
My delivery date was preponed from June to April. The date range given on the Mahindra site has gone by (10th to 17th). However there’s no sign of the car yet, dealer has no update as well. So I don’t know if there’s been a boost in production or not. I am not hounding the dealer or chasing Mahindra via email/social media etc. Am fine with waiting since the product does seem to be getting sorted more & more as time goes by.
Seems to be the case with many , my date was moved up by a month to Apr and the customer care & dealer kept promising billing & delivery anytime and now its a new story of May month delivery on which I have zero hopes. Nobody seems to have a clue what's going on, turning out to be a real test of patience.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 22:23   #5343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Has any AX3 or MX owner tried to use the LED headlamp offered by the official M2All store? It claims to convert the halogen headlamp to LED. I wonder if this would provide sufficient throw and also not be too distracting for oncoming drivers? It is also not clear if this doubles up for low beam and high beam or only covers high beam. A set of two will set one back by 18K but my relative is interested in getting these installed in her MX Petrol that is set to arrive anytime soon.
I do not see any additional value in adding these average LED headlamps as with these nos. illumination would not be exponentially better than current basic headlamps on MX.
k_gpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 22:56   #5344
BHPian

Quote:
Delivery date for my AX7 L AWD has been moved closer by a month.
Quote:
My delivery date was preponed from June to April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
my date was moved up by a month to Apr.
Same. I had a May-June date that got moved up to April-May. I believe Mahindra produces it in batches of color. Is by any chance both of your cars white?

Seeing your experience I too don't have much hope of a timely delivery. As per my dealer the CPD in their internal system was April 18 which has already passed and there's still no update. Portal is stuck at "Order under Planning".
Old 21st April 2022, 00:46   #5345
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra is bringing the dates closer just to avoid cancellations, and prevent people from going for Carens, Ertiga and XL6.

I have already got Carens. But since my booking is from the first batch, recent hikes have made the AWD L variant dearer by 2 lakh on road! Feeling bad to let this price advantage go waste
Old 21st April 2022, 02:17   #5346

Anybody who booked on the 7th and not have their dates preponed. Mine still shows July. Feels weird with dates of people who booked later getting preponed and/or them getting intimidated by Mahindra/dealer. Am starting to lose my patience a bit now.

Not sure if the season makes any difference, but don't want the car delivered during rainy season.

Am already not happy with the price bump by Mahindra again, especially for people like me, who booked on the first day(7th Oct, 2021) & have not got their cars delivered. The prices now makes me wonder if i should consider other options like Jeep Compass. Tried the Tata Safari/Harrier, but my left knee touches the body and it hurts. What other options do i have. Would have booked the MG ZS EV blindly, only if India had good EV infrastructure setup. Maybe 5/7 years down the line.

Am keeping myself cool - will wait a bit, but am also keeping a close watch on peoples reviews everyday. If Mahindra compromises on quality or starts removing any features or delays providing any more features(whatever reasons), then am definitely heading towards the Jeep Compass or other options.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st April 2022 at 03:21. Reason: Typos.
Dhiraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 07:08   #5347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post
Am already not happy with the price bump by Mahindra again, especially for people like me, who booked on the first day(7th Oct, 2021) & have not got their cars delivered.
Don't you have price protection? Only extra you have to pay would be the difference in road tax.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 07:30   #5348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody who booked on the 7th and not have their dates preponed. Mine still shows July. Feels weird with dates of people who booked later getting preponed and/or them getting intimidated by Mahindra/dealer. Am starting to lose my patience a bit now.

If Mahindra compromises on quality or starts removing any features or delays providing any more features(whatever reasons), then am definitely heading towards the Jeep Compass or other options.
If you can spare the extra money then it makes sense to go for the Meridian; Compass is not a seven seater and it is in a different segment. But owning a Fiat car for 10 years I can tell you one thing that the lack of FCA dealership across the country is a big irritation. I could not garner the courage to replace my Linea with the Compass.

I too have booked the 700 on day one and my date is July 22 right from the beginning.
Old 21st April 2022, 09:35   #5349
BHPian

Quote:
I booked it on 8th, money was transferred on 7th itself to the dealer after I failed securing the tatkal booking online on 7th. Mine too shows the delivery date of July and there has been no change as I helplessly see people who have booked in December and January enjoying their ride while we try to convince ourselves that we will be getting a niggle free vehicle.
The dealership is delivering vehicles on daily basis, most of them are booked after my booking date, the SA finds it hard explaining the reasons for delay of some of the bookings.
Maybe the algorithm accounts for the fact that the people who have booked on the first days are eager to own the vehicle and won't cancel the booking. The enigmatic algorithm is too complex to comprehend and is camouflaged to look like a lucky draw.
Old 21st April 2022, 09:37   #5350

Does a wax coat in any impact efficiency of the ADAS by affecting the radar in anyway?

Is it any different with ceramic or PPF ?
Old 21st April 2022, 10:02   #5351

Quote:

I dont know whats going on but my neighbour got his XUV700 AX7L D AT Midnight black in straight 35 days from Ahmedabad.
PS: i got mine in 3 months
Artillery_XUV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 10:55   #5352
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody who booked on the 7th and not have their dates preponed. Mine still shows July.
The prices now makes me wonder if i should consider other options like Jeep Compass. Tried the Tata Safari/Harrier, but my left knee touches the body and it hurts.
I booked on 7th Oct and got the delivery on April 12. The car is worth waiting for there is nothing on the market at even double the price. You will love owning and driving this car and will forget the agony of the wait. I am sure your XUV700 is just round the corner. Best of luck.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 12:12   #5353
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if the season makes any difference, but don't want the car delivered during rainy season.

Am already not happy with the price bump by Mahindra again, especially for people like me, who booked on the first day(7th Oct, 2021) & have not got their cars delivered. The prices now makes me wonder if i should consider other options like Jeep Compass. Tried the Tata Safari/Harrier, but my left knee touches the body and it hurts. What other options do i have. Would have booked the MG ZS EV blindly, only if India had good EV infrastructure setup. Maybe 5/7 years down the line.

Am keeping myself cool - will wait a bit, but am also keeping a close watch on peoples reviews everyday. If Mahindra compromises on quality or starts removing any features or delays providing any more features(whatever reasons), then am definitely heading towards the Jeep Compass or other options.
Most of the people who got early delivery dates are not getting their vehicle on those dates ( at least in Bangalore). My suggestion is either to wait till your original date or start chasing/escalating to Mahindra.

In your case, i dont see any other vehicle which is in the same league as XUV700. I had the same problem with Safari ( knee touching the body), carens/alcazar is a no go ( underpowered MUV's in my opinion). Jeep compass is an overpriced 5 seater . Meridian is not yet launched( just unveiled), it will take till Aug-Sep to get your hands on it ( provided your budget is above 35 Lakhs ). So better to wait for your delivery or try speaking with your dealer and see if it can be expedited. And yes i agree with missing features/price hike is a bummer here.

Last edited by rambharat : 21st April 2022 at 12:14. Reason: wrong mention of model
Old 21st April 2022, 12:14   #5354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post

[*] Single beep when vehicle speed crosses 80kmph and continuous beeps after reaching 120kmph.
[/list]
Any idea on how to get rid off that particular beep at 80 KMPH ?
It is definitely an overhead specially at 80, same thing is in my NiOS as well.

Thanks.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 12:58   #5355
BHPian

I took delivery of my AX7L D AT AWD Midnight black on 10th April. A full 2 weeks after my pre poned date. The 2 week delay was painful but I endured it. Today I completed my first checkup and software update after 1100 kms.

A word of unsolicited advice to folks who are awaiting deliveries due to delays. It is worth it and more.
The drive experience, the power available, the superbly tuned suspension and all the electronic gizmos work perfectly fine. Today I met a couple of owners who had completed 20k and were there for their service. Approx 7k was their invoice amount. Except a few software niggles they had nothing to report and were gushing about the drive experience especially on longer highway drives.

Mahindra has really stepped up its game with XUV7OO
heman_369 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks