Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 21:19   #5476
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
After my post on Team BHP, Mahindra moved my delivery dates and Promised delivery before May1st, this time I was asked to completely pay off the full amount since it was updated on the website and they also had the Engine and Chassis number ready. So everything was paid off before itself including the loan was processed and dispersed.

Cutting thru the chase . NOBODY knows where the car is ! It seems Mahindra has stopped responding to ANANT cars on assuring the delivery dates, so after paying the full amount and getting the engine and chassis number, I still don't have a confirmed delivery date.
This is a little strange. We also got our car delivered from Anant Cars, and nobody asked us to pay anything till the vehicle was received in the stockyard. We asked for a PDI, and Anant Cars said, sure sir.

So, something does not add up here. I may have mis-understood the case though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Apologies for playing the Devil's advocate, why did you make the payment without a PDI ? I have never approved a disbursement without a PDI.

Having said that, its horrendous from M&M and Anant cars. This is a master class in how NOT to manage sales
+1. Please do reach out to customer care and the email address shared on this forum. I see Mahindra is pretty proactive in resolving issues. Of course, visibility on this forum will obviously help.
Old 7th May 2022, 23:30   #5477

Took delivery of my XUV 700 P AT L today. Everything looked OK except for one strange fact.
The ODO when I did the PDI was 49Km whereas it was at 20km when I took delivery today. There was a gap of around 25 days between my PDI and delivery. I took a week for my finances but after the payment was made, the dealer took more than two weeks to complete the formalities of invoice and regisytration. Reason for the delay given by dealer was the time taken to change the OTF number from the previously allotted customer to me.
Regarding ODO reading, dealer says its is normal practice for dealer to reset the ODO once it crosses 50km to keep customer happy. What a strange reason that is.
On top of this they say they have one option to reset the ODO and they used it up.
Would like to know from fellow members is this is normal practice or should I be concerned and pursue to investigate more on this. Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 02:10   #5478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu1970 View Post
The ODO when I did the PDI was 49Km whereas it was at 20km when I took delivery today.
Regarding ODO reading, dealer says its is normal practice for dealer to reset the ODO once it crosses 50km to keep customer happy. What a strange reason that is.
On top of this they say they have one option to reset the ODO and they used it up.
Would like to know from fellow members is this is normal
Strange beyond belief! It doesn't sound right and certainly not normal. No dealer would accept it even if they do it so wondering why your dealer was being so 'transparent' in sharing this with you?

By the way, is this the same car (chassis and engine number) which you did the PDI? If so, why was it run so many km after your PDI that they had to reset it and then driven another 20km? If you were already happy with PDI then why did they need to reset the odo? Something doesn't add up.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 8th May 2022 at 02:21.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 05:34   #5479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my XUV 700 P AT L today. Everything looked OK except for one strange fact.
The ODO when I did the PDI was 49Km whereas it was at 20km when I took delivery today.
Would like to know from fellow members is this is normal practice or should I be concerned and pursue to investigate more on this. Thanks
Who is the dealer, Anant Cars? If you have photos of the odo reading, question the dealer. The dealers can alter the odo readings to their convenience. Mahindra's after-sales support is good and they helped me to fight against this dealer after they were caught red-handed for selling a repainted XUV 5OO.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ar-buyers.html (What happens before you do your PDI? The innocence of new car buyers)

Last edited by deehunk : 8th May 2022 at 05:38.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 08:51   #5480

Dear BHPians , as a fellow person said earlier i have cancelled my booking for XUV 7 double O with a heavy heart. Can relate with many people regarding ADAS not compatible with Indian roads. That was my biggest plus for booking the suv, but after reading many adverse comments,i want to wait for the niggles to be set right.
The suspension drop issue too scared me. So giving up my 6 year old Jetta to Kia seltos. Needed just a 5 seater with TC gear box. Hopefully will get it in two months. Cheers
valar183 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:33   #5481
BHPian

Whats the 'Écon' mode in XUV700's ac? Does it help in improving the mileage?
Old 8th May 2022, 13:03   #5482
sbm
BHPian

I visited Mahindra showroom today to have a look at AX5 diesel manual model. The car was for delivery so I wasn't allowed to take it on road. I did get a feel of clutch and gear in the stockyard and I was surprised to find such a feather light clutch action along with smooth gear shifts. Moreover, the clutch was very progressive with no jerks whatsoever and felt nothing like a 2.2 diesel. Engine refinement was also excellent. Now,I have a few questions from current owners.
1) What is the cost of reverse parking cam installation in AX5 from dealership?
2) Is there any cancellation fee on bookings? The SA said there is zero cancellation fee but I read somewhere on this thread that Rs.2100 is being deducted on cancellation.
Old 8th May 2022, 13:54   #5483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valar183 View Post
Dear BHPians , as a fellow person said earlier i have cancelled my booking for XUV 7 double O with a heavy heart. Can relate with many people regarding ADAS not compatible with Indian roads. That was my biggest plus for booking the suv, but after reading many adverse comments,i want to wait for the niggles to be set right.
The suspension drop issue too scared me. So giving up my 6 year old Jetta to Kia seltos. Needed just a 5 seater with TC gear box. Hopefully will get it in two months. Cheers
I wish you all the best but I would like to tell you that ADAS is not just designed for Indian roads but for highways with proper markings. Even without lane markings, ACC works very good and I have been thoroughly testing it for last 4 months without any issues. It works best on long journeys out of cities, even in Delhi traffic I have never had the need to turn it off. The experience could be different if one is an agressive driver since auto braking could be annoying then.

In regards to suspension drop issue mentioned earlier, it is highly likely this being a small percentage of owners facing this issue as over 40k xuv700 would have been delivered till date and most would give you very positive feedback. Niggles would be there definitely but M&M is doing good job addressing these issues.

My advice is to never get enticed by tech when finding the right car but the first thing to look for should be structural strength and integrity of the vehicle. A compromise here could be the difference between life and death.

I have myself always liked the Koreans and had at one point 3 of them in my garage. But I realise now how much compromise is made on structure for sake of fuel efficiency and eye catching tech. Not to offend anyone but this is just my opinion on people nitpicking minor issues in the xuv700 which is also somewhat affected by long waiting times to justify cancellations.
souvik6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 13:55   #5484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Whats the 'Écon' mode in XUV700's ac? Does it help in improving the mileage?
Yes, it does improve the mileage. Can be used if car isn't occupied by too many passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
1) What is the cost of reverse parking cam installation in AX5 from dealership?
2) Is there any cancellation fee on bookings? The SA said there is zero cancellation fee but I read somewhere on this thread that Rs.2100 is being deducted on cancellation.
1. Reverse Parking from Dealership should be around 3K approx. Even I was inclined to get it installed on my AX5. However, it would be kind of protruding and can be easily damaged by "Morning Car Cleaners" over a period of time. Hence, parked this topic unless I found something which would be a neat setup.
2. I believe they deduct 10% off booking amount that is coming as 2100/- only.

Last edited by naveenchhillar : 8th May 2022 at 14:00.
naveenchhillar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 14:38   #5485
BHPian

Team any mail id of mahindra customer care for escalation as i am not getting any response on repayment of my cancellation from dealer, already more than 2 weeks have passed post cancellation mail sent to dealer.
Old 8th May 2022, 14:47   #5486

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
I wish you all the best but I would like to tell you that ADAS is not just designed for Indian roads but for highways with proper markings. Even without lane markings, ACC works very good and I have been thoroughly testing it for last 4 months without any issues. It works best on long journeys out of cities, even in Delhi traffic I have never had the need to turn it off. The experience could be different if one is an agressive driver since auto braking could be annoying then.

In regards to suspension drop issue mentioned earlier, it is highly likely this being a small percentage of owners facing this issue as over 40k xuv700 would have been delivered till date and most would give you very positive feedback. Niggles would be there definitely but M&M is doing good job addressing these issues.

My advice is to never get enticed by tech when finding the right car but the first thing to look for should be structural strength and integrity of the vehicle. A compromise here could be the difference between life and death.

I have myself always liked the Koreans and had at one point 3 of them in my garage. But I realise now how much compromise is made on structure for sake of fuel efficiency and eye catching tech. Not to offend anyone but this is just my opinion on people nitpicking minor issues in the xuv700 which is also somewhat affected by long waiting times to justify cancellations.
Thanks souvik6 as a senior BHPian i take your words seriously. As you rightly mentioned perhaps the long waiting period might have surreptitiously influenced me to look for other SUVs.
Thanks once again sir for clearing my doubts.
Regards
valar183 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 15:32   #5487

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Who is the dealer, Anant Cars? If you have photos of the odo reading, question the dealer.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ar-buyers.html (What happens before you do your PDI? The innocence of new car buyers)
Yes, its Anant Cars on Mysore Road. I do have the photos the ODO meter reading during PDI. I also have the photo of the ODO during delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
By the way, is this the same car (chassis and engine number) which you did the PDI? If so, why was it run so many km after your PDI that they had to reset it and then driven another 20km? If you were already happy with PDI then why did they need to reset the odo? Something doesn't add up.
Yes, the chassis and engine number matches. For the 20km, they said that they need to test drive the vehicle during internal PDI. Not sure what to make of this.

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th June 2022 at 09:55. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 8th May 2022, 16:02   #5488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Team any mail id of mahindra customer care for escalation as i am not getting any response on repayment of my cancellation from dealer, already more than 2 weeks have passed post cancellation mail sent to dealer.
Email ID CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com
benroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 16:52   #5489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
Thanks @Benroth will try to reach out them too, hope they help out in early resolution.
Old 8th May 2022, 18:42   #5490
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its Anant Cars on Mysore Road. I do have the photos the ODO meter reading during PDI. I also have the photo of the ODO during delivery.
I had my car delivered from them but dint come across this issue.Please raise this issue with customer care. Off late i am seeing Anant cars getting some very bad remarks, almost everyone in our forum had some bad experience with them
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks