Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 11:57   #5551
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220516115243__01.jpg

Hi, has any fellow XUV700 owners here noticed insane amounts of brake dust getting accumulated on the alloys everyday. Took this up with my service advisor during my first service, and he said this is normal and even showed me a couple of more cars with the same. I even went ahead and asked them to open the disc pads to check for any abnormal wear but they were found to be around 10.6 mm agaist normal of 11 mm.

Mine is an AX5 P AT, any fellow AT owners experiencing the same ?
Old 16th May 2022, 12:01   #5552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Is there a way to make auto wiper behave like the normal intermittent wipers? I couldn't see a way to do this in the manuals or by fiddling with the controls. Issue is that the auto mode doesn't detect mist or certain drizzle conditions for which intermittent wiping would have been ideal!
Yes, ofcourse you can. This video has the details:

shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 18:36   #5553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Yes, ofcourse you can. This video has the details:
No, that video doesn't talk about intermittent wiper. He even has confused the auto wiper interval adjustment for the stalk controls, at 0:40; the labelling on the stalk has confused him too!
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 21:44   #5554

Suggestion regarding incorporating spaces in between paras for better readability noted.
Old 16th May 2022, 22:00   #5555
BHPian

If any one has issues with connecting with Android Auto. Here is the guide from Mahindra.

Also to setup Amazon Music as preferred music app on the Alexa.
benroth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 06:51   #5556

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Did you get any updates from them? Were you able to take delivery of your vehicle, since you booked in October 2021 itself? Also you mentioned in the above post that you get messages from them about AX5 variants, is there a whatsapp or any social media group through which they communicate with booked customers? Please let me know. Its been almost 3.5 months since I booked and there are no updates from them. Thanks in advance.
Hey, sorry. Did take delivery of my vehicle last month. The date was preponed from June to April. Have done about 3800 kms so far and absolutely loving it. Slammed at work and will post some reflections shortly.

Reach out to Nagaraj at the dealership and he can help. My sales rep shared available cars from time to time (1-1) until I told him very firmly that I wasn’t interested till I got exactly what I booked.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th May 2022 at 07:49. Reason: Editing out excessive full stops and some required language edits.
iraharah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:24   #5557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Got the Rear Sequential Indicators working on my XUV 7OO

I got two keys with my XUV and non working rear sequential indicators at the time of delivery. Took up the matter with the Cotek at MASS. He took up the matter at plant, who then sent the rear tail lamps (only the boot door part) with working sequential indicators. Got the same replaced over the weekend. The car feels complete now.
Model: Ax7 AWD non L
Date of Delivery: 24th March 2022.
Good to hear that. Whats "Cotek"? Have they started providing the sequential indicators for others too or as you mentioned people need to nag with Mahindra
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 12:31   #5558
BHPian

Quote:
No, that video doesn't talk about intermittent wiper. He even has confused the auto wiper interval adjustment for the stalk controls, at 0:40; the labelling on the stalk has confused him too!
Not sure if I am missing something in your query.

If you move the stalk to D or E position, it should wipe in a fixed interval. Is that what you are looking for?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-wipers.png  

shifu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 13:38   #5559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benroth View Post
If any one has issues with connecting with Android Auto. Here is the guide from Mahindra.

Also to setup Amazon Music as preferred music app on the Alexa.
Has anyone got Alexa to play Spotify? While I have setup Spotify using the guide given, my command will still not play Spotify.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
Old 17th May 2022, 13:59   #5560
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to make auto wiper behave like the normal intermittent wipers? I couldn't see a way to do this in the manuals or by fiddling with the controls. Issue is that the auto mode doesn't detect mist or certain drizzle conditions for which intermittent wiping would have been ideal!
Quote:
Not sure if I am missing something in your query.

If you move the stalk to D or E position, it should wipe in a fixed interval. Is that what you are looking for?
Thanks for this, however the issue is a bit different as mentioned by impala which I am also facing. The Auto mode does not sense rain properly and the low speed mode (position D) itself is very fast. I also did not find any option to set the lag of wiping.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 15:05   #5561
BANNED

After a month long radio silence from the dealership, I fired off mail to Mahindra and CCed the Dealership's owner. In one day I've got so many calls from the dealership that if I had got over past one month, this all would've been redundant. Now they are giving me final delivery date as 2nd July, for MX Petrol that I booked on 16th April.
Old 17th May 2022, 16:04   #5562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Whats "Cotek"?
Cotek=Technical Coordinator who gets trained by M&M.
Old 17th May 2022, 18:48   #5563
BHPian

Quote:
Intermittent wiping wipes the glasses every few seconds; just like how it works for the rear wiper. In variants with rain sensing wiper, there's no option for intermittent wipe. It's very handy while driving through places with fog or dew formation outside the glass. In the screenshot you shared, this corresponds to the behaviour when the stalk is in C on variants without Auto mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
hope this resolves the issue of internet connection and i can start using Adrenox remotely.
Did it work? Internet/sim connectivity stopped working in my car since yesterday. Looks like it lost connectivity while traveling through an area with no signal but couldn't connect back later. Resets and restarts didn't help, and customer care asked me to take the car to service centre.I will wait till weekend to see whether it will work again before driving down to ASC; quite a few visits to ASC since I got this car!

Last edited by impala : 17th May 2022 at 19:02.
Old 17th May 2022, 22:33   #5564
BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220517_190450_bokeh01.jpeg

ZUVEE get's a subtle rear change..
shiven2207 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 22:55   #5565
BHPian

Friends, glad to share that I took delivery of my AX5 D AT today from Anant Cars, Mysore Road. It has been a very pleasant experience dealing with them, right from test drive to booking to delivery including loan, insurance and accessories.

I had booked on first day and the app showed 15 Jun -15 Jul. Was in two minds after getting my Thar, but am glad I went ahead with the purchase. Though it is a stretch financially, feel happy to own two very capable and distinct vehicles from Mahindra's stable.

AX5 diesel seemed the most compelling variant by value and features. Silver has been my favorite car color and it looks better in real life than photos. Eagerly waiting to take it out for a long drive.

Many thanks to this great forum and all of you, for the immense knowledge I have passively gained through your experiences.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220517_174007.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220517_182856.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220517_182906.jpg  

Mogs is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks