Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 18:20   #5506
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

UPDATE,

HI all , thanks for the comments, Finally I got a call this afternoon that my car has arrived at the Stockyard, After all the hassle and heartbreaks so many times I had to rush from a meeting straight to the yard to confirm.

There she was ..@rambharat like you said, I could see my pain vanishing, Muddy, just unloaded, she still looked beautiful. The delivery date is scheduled on 11th Wednesday.

here are the 2 pics from the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv7001.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv7002.jpeg  

sriku23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 20:45   #5507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Dear friend, by 2027 these same YouTumor folks will be giving cars without ADAS a review
YouTumor Most of the YouTube contents are noise, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
Tyres upgraded to 255/65 R17 Maxxis AT with TREEL tpms sensors at very nominal charges.
Congratulations on your beast ride and may it always gives you issueless ownership experience.

For the tyre upgrades, following is stated in XUV 700's user manual as a Warning (I am pasting the text below for general awareness as, I believe, it is good to be informed) -

Do not use a Tyre, wheel size or speed rating other than that specified for your vehicle on the Tyre placard. Combinations of unapproved Tyres and wheels may change suspension geometric and performance characteristics, resulting in changes to steering, handling and braking of your vehicle. This can cause unpredictable handling, stress to steering and suspension components. You could lose control of the vehicle or the Tyre can unexpectedly fail, resulting in an accident and/or personal injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingpistonz View Post
My question is, what is the actual wait time for AX7 petrol AT? Officially it's 96 weeks. But I see posts where it was delivered in 3 months flat. Is this true?
Yes, the waits are that long. However, going through a well established large dealership will, instead of opting for booking online, increase the chances of getting one sooner. Sometimes the customer may not be available to take delivery or would have cancelled their bookings when the vehicle arrives and those scenarios get exploited by dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
Congratulations!! Looks amazing
waypoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 22:09   #5508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra XUV700 Pros

• Handsome styling matched to solid build quality. Has street presence, feels robust
• Very spacious interiors with comfy seats and sorted ergonomics. 6-footer passengers welcome!
• 182 BHP turbo-diesel & 197 BHP turbo-petrol make for a potent line-up
• Smooth 6-speed torque converter Automatics available with both engines
• Sorted suspension with good road manners & high speed stability
• AWD available for the adventurous, unlike most FWD crossovers in the segment
• Loaded with features like radar-based driver assistance system, pop-out door handles, panoramic sunroof, driver memory seat, 360-degree camera, 10.25" infotainment & instrument cluster etc.
• 12-speaker Sony audio system is fantastic! You'll enjoy its sound quality
• Safety features include 7 airbags, ESP, all-wheel disc brakes, hill hold, hill descent control, driver drowsiness detection, TPMS, ISOFIX...
While browsing through XUV700 brochure and Mahindra's website - I couldn't see lot of safety features mentioned such as ESC, Hill Hold, Hill Descent Control, Reverse Parking Sensor. Not sure if these are eliminated due to chip shortage or these are standard features and Mahindra is just lazy not to highlight them in their brochure or on their website. Spoke to SA and he did mention that these safety features are standard in AX5 and above, but failed to give any reason why these are not mentioned in brochure or website.
I am looking to book AX7 D model but due to lack of this information I am holding on to the booking. Can someone confirm on the availability of these features in the latest models and if these features were ever mentioned in the previous iterations of brochure?
Sharing some pics from Mahindra's website:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220509-9.59.53-pm.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220509-10.00.01-pm.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220509-9.58.51-pm.png  

Old 10th May 2022, 10:33   #5509
BHPian

What is the latest version of software? Anyone updated recently?
Old 10th May 2022, 13:14   #5510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravel View Post
Not sure if these are eliminated due to chip shortage or these are standard features and Mahindra is just lazy not to highlight them in their brochure or on their website.
It appears to be laziness. If you cross reference Mahindra's XUV 700 Brochure with its Owner's Manual, many feature sets will become clear, but not all. Marketing personnels, sometimes, may not be that well equipped with required information as some of them may just be doing their assigned work with not much of interest in what they do or not much of enthusiasm resulting in lacklustre attitude.

Quote:
I am looking to book AX7 D model but due to lack of this information I am holding on to the booking. Can someone confirm on the availability of these features in the latest models and if these features were ever mentioned in the previous iterations of brochure?
Sharing some pics from Mahindra's website:
Some safety features have EPB as prerequisite. The Page 10 of Brochure lists some feature's distribution.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700featuredistributiion.png

Following are some of the features and their availability -

- Micro Hybrid Technology (Available in all variants)
- Anti-Lock Brake System (Available in all variants)
- Electric Brake Force Distribution (Available in all variants)
- Electric Parking Brake-EPB (Only in Luxury variants)
- Auto Vehicle Hold/Auto Hold (AVH) (requires EPB - Only in Luxury variants)
- Controlled Deceleration for Parking (CDP) (requires EPB - Only in Luxury variants)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) (AX5+)
- Second Collision Mitigation System (Needs ESP - AX5+)

I could not find a comparison in tabular form of variants in Mahindra's site. I was wondering from where you got those screenshots.
waypoint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 17:06   #5511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Is this econ mode available in AX5 variant too? Also, what mileage are you getting on your AX5 diesel?
Yes, It works for AX5 Diesel as well.
I posted an image earlier in my posts that I got the mileage of 16+ on my Highway drive what I did on my Day 1. That too without getting the first service done.
Old 10th May 2022, 23:00   #5512

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
It appears to be laziness. If you cross reference Mahindra's XUV 700 Brochure with its Owner's Manual, many feature sets will become clear, but not all. Marketing personnels, sometimes, may not be that well equipped with required information as some of them may just be doing their assigned work with not much of interest in what they do or not much of enthusiasm resulting in lacklustre attitude.

I could not find a comparison in tabular form of variants in Mahindra's site. I was wondering from where you got those screenshots.
Thanks Waypoint. My only worry is that if these features are not mentioned anywhere, is there a chance Mahindra is not supplying these in the latest models? I spoke to Mahindra Customer service rep today and he confirmed that Reverse Parking Sensors are indeed removed. He couldn't answer other omissions though and wanted me to talk to dealership. Not sure how to go about from here.

On the comparison in tabular form, please go to this link below and scroll down to "Compare Variants" section:
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700...tions-features
LiveToTravel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 11:59   #5513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
UPDATE,

HI all , thanks for the comments, Finally I got a call this afternoon that my car has arrived at the Stockyard, After all the hassle and heartbreaks so many times I had to rush from a meeting straight to the yard to confirm.

There she was ..@rambharat like you said, I could see my pain vanishing, Muddy, just unloaded, she still looked beautiful. The delivery date is scheduled on 11th Wednesday.

Glad to see Muddy Doesn't it look Regal in white . Hope you get it home soon
Old 11th May 2022, 12:28   #5514

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedriver View Post
Poor experience using m2all site. Ordered XUV700 3D Black Floor Mats. Now after 15 days of waiting, they say they are facing supply chain issues and will take another 10 days. That too they don't commit. In fact, I spoke to customer care two times before and none of them informed me about delay. Now also, I need to call them and only after quizzing they disclose the reasons for the delay. Two things that shows the poor attitude towards customers
1. M2all didn't bother to inform/call their customers (who ordered) about this delay.
2. M2all still lists this product with standard 10-12 days delivery and accepting orders.

I have asked them cancel the order and refund.

3D Kagu mats also still not ready. Any other suggestions for good black rubber mats?

Thanks.
Its been 21 days. M2all yet to cancel and give refund. Just horrible experience. I will keep away from such notorious sites.
Old 11th May 2022, 16:55   #5515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethedriver View Post
Its been 21 days. M2all yet to cancel and give refund. Just horrible experience. I will keep away from such notorious sites.
I am waiting for 3D Kagu type mats, they are delayed by about a month, they are the best mats, I have used them in my XUV500. For the time being I have put simple door mats black colour, two in the front row and two in the middle row. they cost me Rs 150 each. Here are the images of Kagu type mats which may be available from Hot Tracks in about a month. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-mats1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mats2..jpeg  

sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 17:58   #5516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
I am waiting for 3D Kagu type mats, they are delayed by about a month, they are the best mats, I have used them in my XUV500. For the time being I have put simple door mats black colour, two in the front row and two in the middle row. they cost me Rs 150 each. Here are the images of Kagu type mats which may be available from Hot Tracks in about a month. Thanks
Could you please share the links from where you these mats will be available
Old 11th May 2022, 18:33   #5517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Could you please share the links from where you these mats will be available
The website is https://www.hottracks.in

You can call Mr Madan, Mobile no. 81237 81575. I have been in touch with him for the last couple of months. They also deal in NSV brand laser cut sunshades. Thanks
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:33   #5518
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Waypoint. My only worry is that if these features are not mentioned anywhere, is there a chance Mahindra is not supplying these in the latest models? I spoke to Mahindra Customer service rep today and he confirmed that Reverse Parking Sensors are indeed removed.
Thanks LiveToTravel for sharing the link, I did visit that page but looks like I was too lazy and did not scroll through it and missed seeing tables at the end.

You are right, in those tables Follow-me-Home-Headlamps under Design tab and Rear Parking Sensors under Technology tab are blanked out for all versions. Those features are listed to be available from the base model onwards in the Page 10 of Brochure.

Quote:
The Page 10 of Brochure lists some feature's distribution.
I was told that the EPB+AVH is also available now in AX7 DAT AWD, earlier EPB was only available in L variants. The same is shown in below YouTube car delivery video too.

In above video at -

- 03:29 car's registration numbers are visible
- 04:24 the variant is confirmed
- 04:38 the EPB is confirmed
- 05:03 EPB can be seen
- 05:59 EPB and AVH in non-L AWD and also it is confirmed that existing customers will not get them

This Car's variant details can also be confirmed through registration number.

Mahindra is being unfair to existing customers who already got AX7 DAT AWD and did not get very useful EPB+AVH and it seems that they will not be given EPB. All this indicates that distribution of features have changed across variants and customers were kept in dark while all that happened. Hence, their brochure is no longer relevant. That makes Mahindra not being transparent to the customers -
- their brochure is outdated
- website too is outdated (it does not talk about EPB+AVH being available in AX7 DAT AWD)
- information gets masked leaving customers confused about the choices they already made or are in the process of making

It is time for Mahindra to respond for few queries.

Last edited by waypoint : 11th May 2022 at 18:42. Reason: Correcting formatting around embedded YouTube video
waypoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:51   #5519
BHPian

As mentioned in the official review, I find the braking behaviour a bit odd; nothing happens for the first 3 centimetres, and then the suddenly, the brakes bite hard. They are not progressive, and are not confidence inspiring in bumper to bumper traffic.

The behaviour is the same at higher speeds, but it is not such a big problem as you need not worry about getting rear-ended.

For context, my vehicle is a MY 2022 Diesel, manual, AX5. Has anyone else faced the same problem? Any known solutions?
Old 11th May 2022, 18:53   #5520
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra is being unfair to existing customers who already got AX7 DAT AWD and did not get very useful EPB+AVH and it seems that they will not be given EPB.
AX7 AWD (non L) always had EPB from day 1, it hasn't changed as of today to my knowledge. It was mentioned in the footnote of brochure and confirmed by videos on youtube as well. This was discussed earlier on this thread.

I have a booking of this variant waiting delivery and am closely following on this feature, the only thing thats pending confirmation for me is stop-go adaptive cruise and I haven't been able to get any info on it yet.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks