Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:36   #7006

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
Finally got 'the call' that a lot of us have been waiting for last night. Someone from the dealership called to say the person ahead of you has cancelled and would you like to take the car instead. My original delivery date per the site is November '22 but I happily agreed to take it a month in advance. The funny thing is my SA called me today morning saying sir I am going to arrange a car for you very soon. I let him know someone has already called me last night sharing about the cancellation. I could not see his face given we were on the phone but am sure I sensed a hint of embarrassment .

I have a few questions which I am hoping members on the forum can help with:

1) Anyone from Gurgaon who has dealt with Koncept Mahindra and can share if there is anything specific I should keep in mind.
2) Any recommendations for the floor mats? Kagu and Pharaoh would have been my first choice but the Pharaoh mats have gone out of stock and Kagu mats are not available for XUV700 still.
3) For PDI my SA suggested he can get the car to the showroom however I shared I was happy to go to their stock yard to do PDI. He was sort of ok with it. I had heard on this forum that the dealers are no longer allowing PDI at the stockyard. Is that true? Anyone has any recent experience with PDI at Koncept Gurgaon?
4) Anyone got a company lease done through SMAS? If yes what insurance companies have they recommended taking insurance from and what's the cost?

I know some of my questions are very specific so even if you have an answer to anyone one of the questions please feel free to share. Thanks in advance.

The excitement is building up
I had a perfect experience with Koncept Gurgaon (near MG Road). I went to see the car in their stockyard (its a little far) with the SA and everything was prompt and ready on time on date of delivery. Within a week I got the number plate and RC as well. Second key and indicators are still pending though (AX7L P).
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:48   #7007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovenkat View Post
Is the Mahindra original foot step worth it for about 27k or we can get a good alternative option in aftermarket ?
As some of the other fellow members have already stated, OEM footstep is much better in quality and GC wise.

I'd like to add, I got mine installed for 24k from the dealer (I did not negotiate, that was their total price including labor charges). The official price of the footstep is ~23k + 1k labor charges. You may wanna try negotiating.

Mudflaps, Screenguard, and the illuminated scuff protector are good from Mahindra.
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:16   #7008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Initial Experience driving the XUV700 is positive - especially it brings the excitement amongst my kids to see the whole new digital gadgetry and the large sunroof. Over this short period, most of my likes/dislikes are no different from what others have already shared in this thread.
Superb! many congratulations. Guess your car is in initial run-in period. Please share updates on your ownership experience, it'll be very useful. Wish you millions of happy miles

Regards.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2022 at 19:15. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 18:16   #7009
BHPian

I am delighted to read this. I too currently drive an ertiga but eagerly waiting for the XUV. I am too sad to let Ertiga go though. If i can manage i might keep both the cars. Can you share FE and other costs that you incurred.
womanonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:41   #7010
BHPian

Hi all, I just had a question. When did you guys start facing the suspension noise issue?
Old 24th September 2022, 00:10   #7011
BHPian

The USB drive gets corrupted again and again.
Though many songs are there in the drive after some time, only few songs are played again and again. Sensing something wrong with the drive I removed and connected it to my laptop. Got an alert that drive is having problems and repair is offered. Repair does not help. I end up reformatting the drive and copying the songs all over again.
This cycle has already repeated many times. It happened with multiple drives too.
Any suggestions ?
Old 24th September 2022, 11:01   #7012
BHPian

Hi all, I had a quick question.

I have an existing AWD booking done about 3 months ago and currently in "Order under planning" status. I am having a rethink on the need for AWD/diesel and thinking of instead petrol L model. Does Mahindra allow to change the model/ color as I would then get some benefit of the time already spent in queue or does it have to be an entirely new booking?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 24th September 2022, 11:46   #7013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Hi all, I had a quick question.

I have an existing AWD booking done about 3 months ago and currently in "Order under planning" status. I am having a rethink on the need for AWD/diesel and thinking of instead petrol L model. Does Mahindra allow to change the model/ color as I would then get some benefit of the time already spent in queue or does it have to be an entirely new booking?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks.
The process and the waiting starts again from the beginning. Since it’s the L variant, there will be long wait
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 12:22   #7014

Dear Members,
I had booked a XUV 700 A7 L (AWD) in November 2021 and then converted the same to a XUV 700 A7 L in March 2022 and have a written confirmation for the same from the dealer.

Yesterday i got a call form the same dealer saying the my vehicle (A7 L - AWD) has arrived and i can come for the PDI. On saying that I had changed my booking, they said that it is not in the records.
Wanted guidance on two aspects
(a) I usually dont do off-road driving and average usage is about 2000 kms a month. what would be the pros and cons of AWD vs non-AWD
(b) When i have a confirmation of the change in model, what could be the reson for the dealer offering we a different version.

thanks in advance
Old 24th September 2022, 13:08   #7015
BHPian

Heard that leasing through company/employer has shorter waiting period. Is this true?
Old 24th September 2022, 14:04   #7016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal2121 View Post
(a) I usually dont do off-road driving and average usage is about 2000 kms a month. what would be the pros and cons of AWD vs non-AWD
(b) When i have a confirmation of the change in model, what could be the reson for the dealer offering we a different version.
1. Pros:
- You can go off-roading in the future even if you don't plan to do it now, having its capabilities is not really a bad thing.
- It's a nice to have feature.
- AWD offers better traction control and is very dynamic and adaptable to almost any kind of terrain or road conditions.

Cons:
- It'll cost you more.
- Not as FE. The mileage may be slightly lower.
- Could be expensive maintenance in the long term due to added parts.
- Heavier and slower acceleration times.

2. Written confirmation vs actual booking in the system is different. Did you get the new booking number and can you see the status in the dashboard? If not, then it wasn't properly done.

Any variant changes will be booked as new and the same will reflect in the dashboard linked to your phone number. Discuss with the dealer, and see what they have to say.

If they do it now, then you'll lose this vehicle plus restart your waiting. Get in touch with the general manager to resolve things if SA is of no use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Heard that leasing through company/employer has shorter waiting period. Is this true?
Yeah, It seems like Mahindra does give priority to leased customers.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 14:47   #7017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
I am delighted to read this. I too currently drive an ertiga but eagerly waiting for the XUV. I am too sad to let Ertiga go though. If i can manage i might keep both the cars. Can you share FE and other costs that you incurred.
Thanks - the FE is not that great yet for me but i would blame this on the bumper to bumper traffic and crawling traffic that i kept facing during the times i drove(2+hrs for 20km journey almost 80% of days i drove). The fuel log show approx 10 km/lt but my tankful-to-tankful check showed much lower (48 lts -> ~420 km); But i am hopeful it is better once i change my travel timings or on the highways. Anyway, the cost of diesel ~15 rupees/lt compared to petrol is already a big gainer for me.
Another thing I noticed is the Zip mode is not that fuel efficient but I maybe wrong or it is due to the traffic I faced. I will need to check this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hi all, I just had a question. When did you guys start facing the suspension noise issue?
It's been there since the delivery - for me it is the rumbling while on potholed or gravel road. Again my comparison is with my previous car's experience only (and that was not really the best suspension either)

Last edited by harishhm74 : 24th September 2022 at 14:51.
harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 18:15   #7018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
It's been there since the delivery - for me it is the rumbling while on potholed or gravel road. Again my comparison is with my previous car's experience only (and that was not really the best suspension either)
My car is a July manufactured car and I haven't heard any noise from the suspension(touch wood), the car just crossed 600 kms.
Old 24th September 2022, 21:26   #7019
BHPian

Hi,

My car reached the stockyard yesterday, so went to do the PDI today. Few quick observations:

1. The car has come with both keys, the stock yard manager told me that all new cars are coming with 2 keys now.

2. Mine is a Petrol AT AX5, and while booking I kept asking the SA if this variant had ESP, and Hill decent feature which he could never confirm. And today I can confirm both are there.

3. Looks like new cars are still not coming with Apple CarPlay, will have to get that updated. Not sure if that can be done at showroom or has to be taken to the service centre.
DevSoms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 23:04   #7020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
3. Looks like new cars are still not coming with Apple CarPlay, will have to get that updated. Not sure if that can be done at showroom or has to be taken to the service centre.
The showroom will usually run all the updates and prepare for delivery. Just mention about CarPlay once to your SA as a reminder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks