Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2022, 11:47   #7141
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Niggles faced so far:
  • Wiper noise from day 1 - raised and fixed during first service. Wiper assembly was removed and refixed, root cause per service advisor was it wasn't tightened during pdi.
  • Range/DTE not showing from day 1 - raised and fixed during first service. The software upgrade during first service mostly fixed it.
  • Football in the boot from day 1 - its getting extremely frustrating to live with this noise and I hope Mahindra comes out with a fix for it soon, everybody who has sat in my car has asked about it and it takes all the fun out driving this car specially in city driving at lower speeds. Planning to get this checked with another service center.
  • Repeated Activating profile, started after about 1000kms - this is a recent issue, never had it before. Need to get it checked.
  • ESC error with power loss, started after about 1000kms - happens occasionally for about 2-3 seconds when I go over a few road humps. Need to get it checked.
  • Fuel Avg calculation is buggy - has a mind of its own, has reset suddenly 1-2 times, recently after a highway trip it dropped from 14 to 8-9 and then back to 15 over a distance of few kms. Not planning to raise this with service center.
  • Hill hold error, first time at 2250kms - got this when I started the car after a quick break during morning , did not observe any difference in drivability or power when this message flashed and it went away after I stopped and restarted the car. Will keep an eye for this in coming days.
First of all, congrats on your purchase .Vehicle looks fab . The hill hold error and the ESC error will go away once the software is updated. I had the same issue and once the software got updated, both issues were gone. Luckily i dont have any other issues whatsoever till now (mainly the football in the boot issue). Have clocked 9k+ km so far. Waiting for it to reach the magic figure of 10k to take it for its 2nd service.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th October 2022 at 23:43. Reason: quote tags
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:26   #7142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Tried to search for the leak and finally found a big wet patch on the under body cover. I am not sure if this patch is due to coolant leakage as it is below the engine and I am not able to see any visible pink coloured liquid. All I see is a big patch which looks fresh. It is slight greasy to touch and does not show any pink liquid. Could this be due to oil change which was done during the first service few months back?

Where would be the leakage from if this patch is due to coolant?

Attachment 2366756

Attachment 2366757
The coolant level is not supposed to deplete under normal circumstance, so fast. This happens only either a) There's a leak b) Radiator Fan is not working properly. Have you checked the functioning of the fan? Can be even the issue of a malfunctioning thermostat!

I understand the frustration as I have gone thru this way back in 2013, with my first XUV, and you wont believe that due to incompetency of the ASS, they managed to blow off my engine. It was saga. I have a wee bit of suggestion, document everything thru this ordeal and keep reporting irrespective of no replies!
me_sid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:08   #7143

I have been a “XUV700 AWD L” owner since July 2022.

Don’t know if I’m lucky but then all the way from booking the car on 2nd day of launch, until the delivery of the vehicle I never met any of the SA’s or visited the dealership as it was all virtual over phone/WhatsApp.

Though I did test drive post booking at another dealership close to my house.

I also face the usual front suspension and fuel tank noise, but then with music on its barely audible.

Having driven ~3200KM’s till date which involves usual city driving, vacations to Coorg, Wayanad and Goa- I and my spouse just love the vehicle for its comfort and power.

In fact my spouse drives it much more than me and is very comfortable with the car.

On several instances there were bad/no roads and also had to do some off-roading to reach my resort in Wayanad- the vehicle took everything in stride, with no problems whatsoever.

So far- touch wood, I have not faced any niggles either, it was just a few hours visit to the dealer for the 1st service and away I went.

I’m really happy with my purchase and feel this vehicle provides real value for money.

Though I’m still waiting for the 2nd key and sequential indicators which would arrive by sometime in December.
Msar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 17:40   #7144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post

But between 125-140 kmph, there is a strange vibration coming up. It is not strong like a shake, but is not too small to ignore, infact the co passenger also was able to feel that. This car was doing city runs only till date and this i the first time it was taken to that speeds. I couldn't make out if it is because of an alignment issue or something else as it was held in that speeds for very short duration.

Any thing to be checked specifically or any pointers ?
I drive a AX7 P AT & have covered 6k Kms till now. I have similar observations, even on completely flat expressways, once the speed crosses 105 - 110, there is a vibration which originates from the front side of the vehicle. This vibration increases with increase in speed.
I thought to be an balancing issue & getting it corrected in the 10K service.
Have others also faced similar issues? Any pointers/ solutions?
nickelniks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 18:08   #7145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Myself is experiencing similar issue at around 90KMPH, but Its not like vibrations felt at steering, when wheels are unbalanced .Its more like a very minor body shake happening. I drive an AWD. Requesting other members to pitch in with similar experience, if any.
MissionManali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 18:14   #7146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
The coolant level is not supposed to deplete under normal circumstance, so fast. This happens only either a) There's a leak b) Radiator Fan is not working properly. Have you checked the functioning of the fan? Can be even the issue of a malfunctioning thermostat!
Took the car to MASS today morning and got it inspected. The patch on the underbody cover had increased significantly confirming that there was a definite leak from somewhere.

On removing the underbody cover, found a leak from a plastic elbow like pipe which connects the Radiator hose with the engine.

The service advisor says that the hose is cracked and would need replacement.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-coolant-leak-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-coolant-leak-2.jpg

Now the MASS says, they do not have the part ready and they are trying to procure it form another workshop of from Mahindra. This will again take few days and the car would be unusable.

This shows the level of quality control followed by the company. To cope up with huge orders, they have compromised on the quality. I have never in my entire history of owning multiple vehicles, seen radiator hose getting damaged / cracked within few months and few thousand kilometres.

Just imagine such a failure when you are out with your family on a vacation to a remote location like Ladakh. How can one trust the reliability of this vehicle in long run?

I have written to Mr. Anand Mahindra and his team on Twitter but as usual, no response from Mahindra. Will be documenting the case by sending an email to their official customer service email address and to the CMD email address.

Last option would be to take the matter to consumer court if things are not addressed properly by the company.
bill1182 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 18:18   #7147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
Myself is experiencing similar issue at around 90KMPH, but Its not like vibrations felt at steering, when wheels are unbalanced .Its more like a very minor body shake happening. I drive an AWD. Requesting other members to pitch in with similar experience, if any.
I drive an AWD and I have it at around 95-100 too, found this out in my last drive - vibrations are clearly seen on the irvm. I was under the impression that it may have to do something with the AWD engaging at higher speeds etc but given that folks are reporting this across variants and fuel types it looks like some kind of widespread issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post

First of all, congrats on your purchase .Vehicle looks fab . The hill hold error and the ESC error will go away once the software is updated. I had the same issue and once the software got updated, both issues were gone. Luckily i dont have any other issues whatsoever till now (mainly the football in the boot issue). Have clocked 9k+ km so far. Waiting for it to reach the magic figure of 10k to take it for its 2nd service.
Thanks much so glad to know that there are a few folks enjoying their XUV without that football in the boot issue, touchwood it remains like that for you.

Last edited by Sandegov : 11th October 2022 at 18:35.
Sandegov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 19:06   #7148
BHPian

Hi Forum members,

got this mail from Mahindra today....Not sure what does these letters in red box mean?
Attached Images

Old 11th October 2022, 20:16   #7149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
Not sure what does these letters in red box mean?
It stands for Midnight Black colour.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 20:53   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It stands for Midnight Black colour.
Hi,
Thanks for the clarification. What's C1 for?
Old 11th October 2022, 21:59   #7151
BHPian

Quote:
Disheartening to see this is a systemic issue & not isolated in my car. That means service center will not even look at it.
In my opinion this is one of the biggest problem in the vehicle as it severely hampers the mile munching capability.
nickelniks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 00:32   #7152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the clarification. What's C1 for?
C1 and C2 are CAFE (Corporate average fuel economy) emission norms and which most companies would have to meet, C2 norms are effective somewhere in 2023. so depending on your vehicle delivery it might be C1 or C2.
Wakeupsid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 09:34   #7153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msar View Post
I have been a “XUV700 AWD L” owner since July 2022.

I’m really happy with my purchase and feel this vehicle provides real value for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
I drive a AX7 P AT & have covered 6k Kms till now. I have similar observations, even on completely flat expressways, once the speed crosses 105 - 110, there is a vibration which originates from the front side of the vehicle. This vibration increases with increase in speed.
I thought to be an balancing issue & getting it corrected in the 10K service.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
I drive an AWD and I have it at around 95-100 too, found this out in my last drive - vibrations are clearly seen on the irvm. I was under the impression that it may have to do something with the AWD engaging at higher speeds etc but given that folks are reporting this across variants and fuel types it looks like some kind of widespread issue.
My D L AWD was delivered on 01-07-2022 and I have driven it for 5.6K KM till date. Returned from a long trip to Bharatpur-Agra-Mathura in the first week of October where the car was driven in triple digit speed ranging upto 145-150 KMPH for breif periods. (Touchwood) I have not faced any of the issues so far that have been reported by the owners e.g. suspension noise, vibration/ vehicle shaking etc. Yes I do hear the football-in-the-boot noise when I fill the tank. I agree that there are software issues specially after the Apple carplay but mechanically I found this car to be very strong and dependable, till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
C1 and C2 are CAFE (Corporate average fuel economy) emission norms and which most companies would have to meet, C2 norms are effective somewhere in 2023. so depending on your vehicle delivery it might be C1 or C2.
CAFE norms would be mentioned along with the variant; but this one is the colour code of M&M for the Midnight Black colour. I had the same code right from the first day of booking and is also mentioned in the RC.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 11:01   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
3. A pic or two of the illuminated scuff plates
Here you go :

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221012_081418.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221012_081450.jpg
Sandegov is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 11:50   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post

I have written to Mr. Anand Mahindra and his team on Twitter but as usual, no response from Mahindra. Will be documenting the case by sending an email to their official customer service email address and to the CMD email address.
I have PM-ed their CS Head's mail id. When I had an issue with then fuel system, he was prompt to respond and get a resolution.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks