Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 12:02   #7051
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 177
Thanked: 145 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi All,

My AX7L AWD AT had gone for a 10k service and and Apple car play update. Nothing to report was a smooth in and out in 3.5 hours. The Apple CarPlay update is amazing with excellent high quality UI and very good audio quality.
The turbocharger part recall was carried out. Looks like a minor part replacement.
My observation is that the DEF won't last the 10K service interval and will require a top up once in the middle of 2 services. Any similar observations?
heman_369 is offline  
Old 28th September 2022, 13:20   #7052
BHPian
 
RedMaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Vellore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 145 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I have a petrol AX7 AT booking and in dual mind to switch to diesel for easier resale down the line. I booked petrol for quick delivery but now it seems both engins have same delivery timeline. So my question is, if my yearly running is around 6k kilometres, is it wise to stick with petrol or go with diesel inspite of DPF issues? I drive sedately (80-90kmph) and have no issues with lower torque of petrol.
RedMaw is offline  
Old 28th September 2022, 13:35   #7053
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 152 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Visit this link: https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action

Key in your registered mobile number and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

I don't know if the site is accurate as I couldn't find any recall data for my vehicle (Jun Manufactured) and even the service center didn't have anything with regards to the turbocharger or anything else other than some software updates -- This was based on my recent visit for Apple CarPlay.

But mine is a Petrol variant, so can't say the same for everyone
I entered my vin number, it says no service action needed. However I have a diesel at, July manufactured.
yuvmudapa is online now  
Old 28th September 2022, 14:45   #7054
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 29
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi All. I need a quick suggestion about the car that my dealership is willing to deliver.

The story is that I had booked the AX7L AT AWD model in October 2021. My delivery timeline was November 22. A few days ago I for a call from my dealer stating that we can allocate a car to you which is currently at the plant and will be reaching in the next 7-10 days. 2 days later the SA confirmed that the car has already arrived. I requested for the VIN number and got the last 8 digits (chassis no. N6G19638) suggesting it is July 2022 manufacturing.

I spoke to the SA and he said even he wasn't aware and that I should not worry. He shared this car was recieved in August and was lying in the stockyard.

Now I am a little confused as I am wondering if it was in the stockyard why wasn't it allocated to anyone. Perhaps I am overthinking this .

Any thoughts on what I should be doing?

PS: I can go for the PDI of the vehicle on the weekend.
Mick_wanderer is offline  
Old 28th September 2022, 16:29   #7055
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Kullu/Chd
Posts: 61
Thanked: 221 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
Now I am a little confused as I am wondering if it was in the stockyard why wasn't it allocated to anyone. Perhaps I am overthinking this .
With so many leakages around in the supply chain system(yes, we have seen this when cars were made available out of turn/grey markets).We cant expect that everything will be going on smoothly at plant dispatches. Car must have been parked in factory somewhere & waiting for transportation for as much as 15 days, as it happened in my case. Happily had it, just checked the odometer, which was at sweet 10Km

It's a go from my side. Happy Motoring.

Regards
MM
MissionManali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:54   #7056
Senior - BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 1,278 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
I drive sedately (80-90kmph) and have no issues with lower torque of petrol.
The Petrol engine is more powerful than the diesel mill, more silent and you'll enjoy driving the petrol. The mileage would be a little on the lower side though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I entered my vin number, it says no service action needed. However I have a diesel at, July manufactured.
I doubt the app shows the correct picture.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
Now I am a little confused as I am wondering if it was in the stockyard why wasn't it allocated to anyone. Perhaps I am overthinking this .

Any thoughts on what I should be doing?

PS: I can go for the PDI of the vehicle on the weekend.
If you have doubts in your mind then it is better not to go with this car; specially since your original booking should be delivered soon.
Sommos is offline  
Old 28th September 2022, 17:59   #7057
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 119
Thanked: 138 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
I have a petrol AX7 AT booking and in dual mind to switch to diesel for easier resale down the line. I booked petrol for quick delivery but now it seems both engins have same delivery timeline. So my question is, if my yearly running is around 6k kilometres, is it wise to stick with petrol or go with diesel inspite of DPF issues? I drive sedately (80-90kmph) and have no issues with lower torque of petrol.
I switched from a Deisel XUV500 to a petrol XUV700 AX7 L Automatic; I got my delivery in April. My drive is also around 6k per year. My reasoning was better drive, low noise, no pdf and regenration issues. A Deisel car may have a lesser re-sale value in the coming days. In the end it is the joy of driving which matters most for people who love and live to drive. So my advice would be to keep your booking and enjoy the drive. Best of luck.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:55   #7058
BHPian
 
ranjith_cbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 48
Thanked: 218 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
July 2022 manufacturing.

I spoke to the SA and he said even he wasn't aware and that I should not worry. He shared this car was recieved in August and was lying in the stockyard.

Now I am a little confused as I am wondering if it was in the stockyard why wasn't it allocated to anyone. Perhaps I am overthinking this .

Any thoughts on what I should be doing?

PS: I can go for the PDI of the vehicle on the weekend.
With such long wait times and aggressive demands from customers as well as SAs for delivering vehicles i for once can't trust any dealership can just keep a 700 and that too a AX7 L AWD.

We have seen how customers who got their XUV allotted are given not more than a week to finish all the payment formalities and take their vehicle. Are you sure there are no one in the waiting list before you who didn't pounce on this vehicle since August. I don't think so and suggest you proceed with caution if you don't have any other option other than this one.

I see no problem in taking delivery of a July22 manufactured vehicle till Dec31-22 but dealer holding a top in demand model variant for almost two months is something I find unrealistic.

Keep us updated on the PDI outcome if you wish to go ahead.
ranjith_cbz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 19:32   #7059
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,043
Thanked: 86 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mine is a Diesel Automatic too, June Manufactured vehicle and mine too isn't listed in the Service action link.

Can we trust this Mahindra Service Action link and does it show valid data?
Or Should we check with the service centre directly? Could anyone comment for whom the data actually showed up for recall on this link?
sridhar24 is offline  
Old 28th September 2022, 20:33   #7060
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 152 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Mine is a Diesel Automatic too, June Manufactured vehicle and mine too isn't listed in the Service action link.

Can we trust this Mahindra Service Action link and does it show valid data?
Or Should we check with the service centre directly? Could anyone comment for whom the data actually showed up for recall on this link?
Even I thought the same thing, planning to go on a long drive this weekend and don't want to have any issues.
yuvmudapa is online now  
Old 28th September 2022, 21:00   #7061
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 59
Thanked: 141 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik1289 View Post
Hi,

I have booked AX7L D AWD Midnight Black with Anant Cars Marathahalli Bangalore on September 9th, 2022. Took multiple test drives before booking and even after booking. One thing I am slightly worried about is the NVH levels of the diesel engine even when AC is On with all windows shut. But SA was telling it's because of TD Vehicle. Would like to know from our Bhpians who got the delivery about NVH on the XUV700 Diesel variant.
In my opinion, the NVH levels between 2nd and 3rd gear (automatic variant), are high.
This seems to be because, the automatic shift appears to have been programmed to travel till a higher rpm prior to shifting to 3rd gear. That higher RPM doesnt feel so comfortable on the ear.
Since the RPM is high, the NVH is also high (and so also the effect on the FE).
It does make the engine sound admirer a bit upset I feel.

I had mentioned this concern earlier on this thread; I also reported the late upshift issue, Alexa's belligerence, football in the boot and front suspension noise (at low speeds on speed breakers) to the Service Centre, who appear to have scant knowledge in this domain. Service Centre simply passed the buck saying we have escalated the issue to Mahindra and we will surely let you know when a resolution comes downwards.

These minor issues apart, the car is awesome!
ColAjayDrives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 21:33   #7062
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
In my opinion, the NVH levels between 2nd and 3rd gear (automatic variant), are high.
This seems to be because, the automatic shift appears to have been programmed to travel till a higher rpm prior to shifting to 3rd gear. That higher RPM doesnt feel so comfortable on the ear.
Since the RPM is high, the NVH is also high (and so also the effect on the FE).
It does make the engine sound admirer a bit upset I feel.

I had mentioned this concern earlier on this thread; I also reported the late upshift issue, Alexa's belligerence, football in the boot and front suspension noise (at low speeds on speed breakers) to the Service Centre, who appear to have scant knowledge in this domain. Service Centre simply passed the buck saying we have escalated the issue to Mahindra and we will surely let you know when a resolution comes downwards.

These minor issues apart, the car is awesome!
Thanks for the information
karthik1289 is offline  
Old 28th September 2022, 23:08   #7063
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: KA06
Posts: 30
Thanked: 21 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

XUV 700 page now shows three more variants on Mahindra.com variants web page apart from the regular variants, the are listed as follows
AX5 D AT C2
AX7 D AT C2
AX7 L D AT C2
What does C2 mean?
Timeline 1967 is offline  
Old 29th September 2022, 08:35   #7064
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Below are the new variants am seeing. Have sent a message to SA for inquiry on these.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220929-8.33.28-am.png  

karthik1289 is offline  
Old 29th September 2022, 09:24   #7065
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 29
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith_cbz View Post
With such long wait times and aggressive demands from customers as well as SAs for delivering vehicles i for once can't trust any dealership can just keep a 700 and that too a AX7 L AWD.

We have seen how customers who got their XUV allotted are given not more than a week to finish all the payment formalities and take their vehicle. Are you sure there are no one in the waiting list before you who didn't pounce on this vehicle since August. I don't think so and suggest you proceed with caution if you don't have any other option other than this one.

I see no problem in taking delivery of a July22 manufactured vehicle till Dec31-22 but dealer holding a top in demand model variant for almost two months is something I find unrealistic.

Keep us updated on the PDI outcome if you wish to go ahead.
Thank you. I have asked for the PDI to be done and will most probably doing it this Sunday. Will update here once done.
Mick_wanderer is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks