Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 19:35   #8551
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
My car has got service action for Coolant pipe 'O' ring replacement. Specific batch of cars have got this service action.
The service center has said that the car will be kept for more than a day for the same.
Has anyone done this on their car?
My car went for coolant pipe O ring replacement. This is after a coolant drain and engine error alert. First fix was not successful. The coolant kept draining and it was topped up 4 times and I had to really push to get the O ring replaced. They did keep the car for two days. Finally it seems to be fixed now. Mine is Dec 2021 model. Did you get a call for this replacement or did coolant drain?
zeus_700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 19:50   #8552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Mine is Dec 2021 model. Did you get a call for this replacement or did coolant drain?
My car is Dec 2021 model too. No coolant drain nothing. The car is running completely fine. I sent the car for fitment of illuminated scuff plates installation. When my service advisor told me that a service action has popped up for my car.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 01:06   #8553
BHPian

I had booked XUV700 PET AX7L (Everest White) on December 15, 2022.
I received delivery on June 4, 2023 for the exact same model and colour, which was against cancellation.

Thanks to TeamBHP's impact, someone at Mahindra read my following post and forwarded it to GM at Sireesh Auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Now the latest status reflect 'Order under Planning' but delivery dates moved from Nov23 to Apr 24

...I expressed my discomfort about his absence of communication.
The next day I received a call from GM, to find out my issues with communication and delivery times.
Later he promised to keep me on priority list against cancellations.

He kept his promise and on three occasions I received calls from SA to let me know there was a cancellation and if I wanted to proceed with the available vehicle.

The first two times I politely declined, as I did not prefer the silver and midnight black. However, I agreed the 3rd time, on May 15, 2023.

I will take the time to write a detailed review on my experience with the vehicle.

Today, however, I have a question about BS 6.2.

Please guide me how to ensure that my vehicle is BS 6.2. According to VIN, it was manufactured in April 2023.
The only place where BS6.2 is mentioned is on the delivery note, I received from Sireesh Auto.

Also, the 'key code tag' with the keys was missing, to which I am still waiting for a reply from SA.
alamodein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 09:27   #8554
BHPian

It's puzzling to see this issue on such a brand new car. A running car just froze, all electronics off and refused to start in Chennai when temparature outside is 40C leaving the owner totally frustrated. Battery issue? I hope Richard gets a fast resolution. The car is in the garage and they are apparently looking into it.

What could this be?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230606_092422.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_2023060609241979_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg  

spetnaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 09:54   #8555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I too had my AX5's lower control arms changed a few months ago. Initially, I too felt that the sound was reduced significantly, but later, I have been facing a strange issue. Ever since the arms were replaced, I feel that the suspension has become stiffer than before. I can now feel every small variation in the road surface, and the ride has become very bumpy. I have complained about this to Mahindra, and they have asked to install a fresh set of control arms and then observe.
Also, after driving around 3000 km, I feel that the dug-dug sound is back. Overall, for me, this replacement did nothing but ruin my car's ride quality. Has anyone else faced this issue post-control arm replacement, and is it even possible that the suspension becomes firm after control arm replacement? Suspension experts on the forum, please help me out.
At the time of the arm replacement, all four alloys were also changed (due to scratches), and wheel balance and alignment were performed. Is there a possibility that the new alloys or improper balancing are causing this bumpiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
My initial impression after changing the arms is that the body roll seems to have increased. But it was a very short run. I will be doing another 2000km run shortly. I will know better then.

The LCA in my car was replaced in Jan' 23 but at the same time there was some play in the RHS ball joint kit. Thus the noise was not fully eliminated and in every rough patch the RHS tyre would vibrate and make some noise. The inner ball joint assembly was replaced in Feb' 23 but the noise continued.

Last month I happened to visit the SC and I told them to check the RHS front tyre for some rattling noise, as if something is loose. They detected play in the RHS inner ball joint assembly and replaced the same a second time under warranty.

After that the suspension noise is almost gone and the car feels like new. I have visited Pune after this replacement and I have neither felt the suspension stiffness nor the excess bodyroll.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 09:57   #8556
BHPian

Since we don't have a separate niggles thread exclusively for the XUV700, I am posting a few niggles I faced here (a rant if you will). The car has been driven close to 30,000 kms now and it's been a year and four months since we got it.
  1. Car won't unlock with keyfob. Had parked the car and gone shopping, when I returned, the car wouldn't respond to the key fob. After a few moments of terror, I tried opening the car with Adrenox and thankfully it was one of those few times when Adrenox worked. The car opened and afterwards the car recognised the keyfob again. This was really scary considering I've not had it happen with my Hyundai Creta in the 5 years that I've had it.
  2. Tearing sound from speakers sometimes - this affects even the indicator sound as well. Even after shutting down the car, the sound persists and it is only after locking and unlocking the car that the sound goes away.
  3. Blank Screens - Since day 1, the car had this issue where it would remain blank upon starting - After a while, it shows software update window for few seconds and then system restarts - giving the Hill Hold error which goes away after shutting the car, locking it, and then restarting it again.
  4. Frequent wireless Apple Carplay, Android Auto disconnects.
  5. Body noise within 1 year from the doorpads and also front speaker placed on dashboard which creak at the slightest road disturbance.
  6. The passenger side power window mechanism has been damaged as per Service centre. They have ordered a replacement for me. However, this makes me question the quality of Mahindra's parts even more which gets damaged within a year.
  7. O-ring burst while returning home from another city - leaking coolant everywhere on the bottom. Replacement part (coolant hose pipe) cost 350 rupees thereabouts which was cheap, but perhaps the reason also why it burst in the first place.
  8. Dug Dug sound from suspension is gone after changing the control arms but the suspension is still loud while performing it's duties and feels like it could fall off any second.

The car is very good imho, it's just that the overall experience with niggles and parts failing makes what could have been an excellent car into a good car which I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending to others unless they're also ready to deal with frustrating niggles and constant visits to the service centre.
wadewilson is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 14:30   #8557

*Increased Engine Sound Inside the Cabin*

Hi - I have been driving my AX7 Diesel since August 2022 and have driven around 8000 KMs. Somehow I feel that the egine sound heard inside teh cabin has increased marginally. Understand diesel engines anyhow are noisy, but I think the noise level felt inside the cabin has increased in last 10 months. Wanted to check if anyone else has also felt the same. Is this normal or am just imagining?
Old 6th June 2023, 15:51   #8558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV_700_Owner View Post

Hi - I have been driving my AX7 Diesel since August 2022 and have driven around 8000 KMs. Somehow I feel that the egine sound heard inside teh cabin has increased marginally. Understand diesel engines anyhow are noisy, but I think the noise level felt inside the cabin has increased in last 10 months. Wanted to check if anyone else has also felt the same. Is this normal or am just imagining?
I would agree with you. Last some months, I am noticing the same; My 2nd service is due soon and I'll be raising this to the advisor. May be a change in oil should settle this.
Old 6th June 2023, 16:26   #8559
BHPian

Quote:

Hi - I have been driving my AX7 Diesel since August 2022 and have driven around 8000 KMs...
I change the oil at 5,000 kms for my Creta diesel and am following the same for my XUV700. Thankfully no engine noise increase as of yet. However, in the mornings, when car's ideal operating temp has not been reached, the sound is audible and also can be felt in the pedals, steering wheel and the IRVM vibrating
wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 21:58   #8560

Has anyone tried wired Apple Car play in XUV 700? I am not able to connect my phone in a wired manner through the front or rear USB ports.
Old 7th June 2023, 06:53   #8561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Since we don't have a separate niggles thread exclusively for the XUV700, I am posting a few niggles I faced here (a rant if you will). The car has been driven close to 30,000 kms now and it's been a year and four months since we got it.
  1. Car won't unlock with keyfob. Had parked the car and gone shopping, when I returned, the car wouldn't respond to the key fob. After a few moments of terror, I tried opening the car with Adrenox and thankfully it was one of those few times when Adrenox worked. The car opened and afterwards the car recognised the keyfob again. This was really scary considering I've not had it happen with my Hyundai Creta in the 5 years that I've had it.
  2. Tearing sound from speakers sometimes - this affects even the indicator sound as well. Even after shutting down the car, the sound persists and it is only after locking and unlocking the car that the sound goes away.
  3. Blank Screens - Since day 1, the car had this issue where it would remain blank upon starting - After a while, it shows software update window for few seconds and then system restarts - giving the Hill Hold error which goes away after shutting the car, locking it, and then restarting it again.
  4. Frequent wireless Apple Carplay, Android Auto disconnects.
  5. Body noise within 1 year from the doorpads and also front speaker placed on dashboard which creak at the slightest road disturbance.
  6. The passenger side power window mechanism has been damaged as per Service centre. They have ordered a replacement for me. However, this makes me question the quality of Mahindra's parts even more which gets damaged within a year.
  7. O-ring burst while returning home from another city - leaking coolant everywhere on the bottom. Replacement part (coolant hose pipe) cost 350 rupees thereabouts which was cheap, but perhaps the reason also why it burst in the first place.
  8. Dug Dug sound from suspension is gone after changing the control arms but the suspension is still loud while performing it's duties and feels like it could fall off any second.

The car is very good imho, it's just that the overall experience with niggles and parts failing makes what could have been an excellent car into a good car which I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending to others unless they're also ready to deal with frustrating niggles and constant visits to the service centre.
I have most of the issues you have mentioned and the car is about 9 months old with around 10,000 kms on the odo.

The Screen freeze , Hill hold error , connectivity drops issues were not going away from their firmware updates. It used to be such a pain to deal with the freeze issue while driving.

Had to escalate and got the Silverbox replaced during the 2nd service. The Freeze , Hillhold error and the connectivity drops have disappeared for more than 2 weeks now and the display is a but more responsive. Hope it continues.

The suspension noise also was similar and have got the front left and right lower arm replaced. The Ride seems better than before but still the duc duc noise from rear side /front side is there. Haven't experienced this in other vehicles. The suspension is mostly pretty good and surprises the way it handles some bad patches at certain speeds. Am really not sure what's at play to cause this strange noise and behavior. Combination of speed, pothole type and the suspension setup design I feel.

Adrenox controls from mobile to control the vehicle is not responsive enough to use it. Its very strange that the fuel efficiency is not shown for the trips in the app for android devices and it shows for apple devices.

The Gear shifts on many ocassions is felt and sometimes makes the engine Rev up a lil more and a lil noisy in the cabin.

The vehicle inspite of all the above niggles is pretty good for what it offers. The light steering, ride, handling, comfort, engine, Decent fuelefficiency for Diesel etc
muni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 08:53   #8562
BHPian

I got this screen on my AWD AX7L. Since then I lost connectivity with the Adrenox App. Possibily the eSIM connection is lost. I checked on the Subscription manager on the app and it is valid upto 23-04-2024. Should I take the car to the centre, which is 100KM away from my place or is there way to fix this at home. I already tried connecting the mobile with bluetooth and with cable but does'nt work.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-adrenox-disconnect.jpeg  

Old 7th June 2023, 10:30   #8563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatrahumvee View Post
Has anyone tried wired Apple Car play in XUV 700? I am not able to connect my phone in a wired manner through the front or rear USB ports.
I have tried and it works like a charm with no issues. I don't use it because the phone needs to be plugged in and that always charges the battery which I don't like.

When you say it doesn't work, is there any error you see or it just doesn't connect ? It may still be trying to connect over WiFi. Turn off the "Auto Join" on the car's WiFi network and see if it helps connecting
Old 7th June 2023, 11:08   #8564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
Should I take the car to the centre, which is 100KM away from my place or is there way to fix this at home.
Disconnect the battery for 5 mins and connect it back. I faced the network lost issue once and that fixed it.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 12:20   #8565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I would agree with you. Last some months, I am noticing the same; My 2nd service is due soon and I'll be raising this to the advisor. May be a change in oil should settle this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I change the oil at 5,000 kms for my Creta diesel and am following the same for my XUV700. Thankfully no engine noise increase as of yet. However, in the mornings, when car's ideal operating temp has not been reached, the sound is audible and also can be felt in the pedals, steering wheel and the IRVM vibrating

I have also noticed the same thing some months back. But after after observing carefully I have noticed that the engine noise is not heard always. During acceleration, often the gear changes happen at RPM exceeding 2K and it is at those moments that the growl of the engine is more audible. While cruising smoothly the engine is not so much audible from inside.

M&M recommends engine oil change at 20K KM for the XUV700. If you see the oil cans, it is nowhere written as "synthetic" oil. Failed to understand, if the oil is not synthetic then why is the range so high. Someone told me that the same oil for Scorpio (not N) is prescribed at 10K KM.

@AMTAK please raise these issues with the SA during your next visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks