Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 15:59   #8611
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Thank for all the feed back and the knowledge shared here. Based on the earlier posts I could gather the following must accessories:
1 Side step
2 Illuminated scuff plates
3 Rearguard (steel)
4 Tailgate scuff protector
5 Mud flaps
6 Under coating
7 Screen protector
8 Sun shade

I have few questions:
1. Do we really need Ceramic Coating/PPF coating?
2. Is Rain Visor helpful?
3. The 3D mats : It was suggested to go with GFX 3D mats or Pharaoh Hex-Lock. Anyone used this and provide feedback? Since the vehcle comes without any mats, we need to wait until these arrive.
4. Sunfilm: As per dealer these are approved by RTO. I had bad experience couple of years back where the sun films were to be removed. Are they really allowed?
Thank you,
Sri.
Old 20th June 2023, 11:28   #8612

Yes, that what I observe. Even multiple people at the dealer gave conflicting answers about split, which is why my sales advisor gave me the contact for Fastag.

Axe77:
Quote:
At the end of the day, its a discrepancy of Rs. 100 (of course it can be a matter of principle, I understand). Take a call on the amount of your bandwidth it will take to get to the bottom of this discrepancy vs how strongly you feel about it.
It's the discrepancy and conflicting answers that raises alarm, regardless how much it is about. For all other billing, they are accounted for in specific categories, except for Fastag, which has a blanket cover, even though it's given by a 3rd party and not dealer nor M&M. (I know I am not digging into each part cost for the vehicle, lol)

Thank you verymuch, Axe77 and Enthusiast81 for providing insights!
Old 20th June 2023, 11:48   #8613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Thank for all the feed back and the knowledge shared here. Based on the earlier posts I could gather the following must accessories:
1 Side step
3 Rearguard (steel)
4 ....

I have few questions:
3. The 3D mats : It was suggested to go with GFX 3D mats or Pharaoh Hex-Lock. Anyone used this and provide feedback? Since the vehcle comes without any mats, we need to wait until these arrive.
4. Sunfilm: As per dealer these are approved by RTO. I had bad experience couple of years back where the sun films were to be removed. Are they really allowed?
Thank you,
Sri.
Accessories:
Keeping safety in mind, I wouldn't advice to go for the rear guard. It also spoils the rear look of the car (in my perspective)
I would suggest to get the SD card as well to save the dash cam recordings.

1. Ceramic coating/PPF done well will offer some protection to the original paint of the car. But it depends on how much you want to spend on these. I went for Ceramic coating as I thought PPF was a bit much it terms of cost.

2. With the rain visor you can open the windows a bit while raining and still avoid the water droplets from entering the car. But if the rain is bit heavy then it does not serve its purpose; rain water still enters the car. I liked the way they looked on the car, so went for it.

3. I went for the Pharaoh mats; they were shipped from Bangalore itself, so I got them in 1 day. You can check these posts regarding Pharaoh mats:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5487142 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5487573 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5488116 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5488529 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

4. Sunfilm: Not sure about these. It depends on the discretion of the traffic cop on the road. He may feel it's not legal and you may have to pay the fine. I skipped this but my friend who bought a ScorpioN went for it. He has had no issues with the traffic cops (yet )

Last edited by amahale : 20th June 2023 at 11:52.
amahale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 15:01   #8614
sbm
BHPian

I checked the engine oil in my AX5 diesel today and was surprised to see the oil level way above the maximum mark. Initially, I freaked out and checked the coolant level, but it turned out to be okay. I called my service manager, who told me that some level of engine oil increase in BS6 diesels is acceptable, but they would check the engine anyway. I went through the forum and other articles on the net and found out that many BS6 diesels have this issue or behaviour due to diesel mixing in engine oil if the vehicle is driven primarily in city conditions, and Mahindra itself recommends changing engine oil at 10k km instead of the usual 20k if the vehicle is driven in severe conditions, city driving being one of them. Has anyone else noticed a rise in the engine oil in their diesel XUV? I will be going to the service centre first thing tomorrow and getting the engine oil changed as it has been used around 10k kms anyways, but still, is it really normal or is there an issue with my car's engine?*Also, can someone please check the oil level in their diesel XUV and update here?
Old 20th June 2023, 15:28   #8615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
1 Side step
3 Rearguard (steel)
4 Tailgate scuff protector
5 Mud flaps
6 Under coating
7 Screen protector
8 Sun shade

I have few questions:
Thank you,
Sri.
I assume the dealer is close to the silk board based on the accessories list and the portrayal of your conversations with the dealer regarding insurance and other topics.

1. RTO Approved Blueish Sunflim with 70% visibility, was offered to me also for 21K. However, I didn't go for it, to avoid any future trouble.

2. I took insurance directly from Acko for 57K. To support cashless claims with the dealer, they conceded in writing.
I had also been given the Acko quote by the dealer for 63k.

3. I chose the accessories listed below:
Sidesteps
Illuminated scuff plates
Rearguard (steel)
Tailgate scuff protector*
Mudflaps
Under Body Coating
Screen protector
Rain Visors
Black 7D Mats (From the Dealer itself)
They matched up flawlessly on all three rows. For simple cleaning, they have removable top mats made of PVC wire mesh. And it cost the same as Pharaoh 3D Mats.
alamodein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 19:26   #8616

Finally after so much request and telling that will jabe to cancel the car as we have been waiting for 16 months, the SA called me and said that the car has been allocated and it's on the way

Few questions:

1. The mahindra booking portal says that the car is still waiting production, is it normal?

2.The dealer is asking for payment now, he helped on the loan process and it's approved - should i pay entire amount now or later after pdi, i aksed around and it seems almost all paid before pdi
Old 20th June 2023, 20:11   #8617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper_52 View Post

2.The dealer is asking for payment now, he helped on the loan process and it's approved - should i pay entire amount now or later after pdi, i aksed around and it seems almost all paid before pdi
You can tell them to show you the vehicle before registering if you are worried about something but yes hardly anyone does PDI now, you delay for a few days and the vehicle goes to someone else , that is the situation.
Old 20th June 2023, 22:59   #8618
BHPian

Had taken my 5months old XUV 700 AX7 Petrol AT to a reception today. While going, the horn started sounding funny.. kind of like it had lost its voice. Intermittently it would sound normal. I suspected one of the low tone horns had a loose connection. I reached the venue and parked the car.

While returning, when the valet bought the car, I noticed only the left head lamp was on.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo-light.jpg

I fiddled with the switches and noticed following issues:
  • Front right low beam unit is non functional
  • Front right sequential indicator is non functional
  • Both high beams are non functional
  • Both DRLs are non functional
  • Both Fog lamps are non functional
  • Both cornering lamps are non functional
  • One horn is non functional
  • Driver seat welcome feature is non functional
  • Also the left headlamp is direct now and turns on when switching on the car even if the headlamp switch is off.
I fiddled with the settings and even did a factory reset but it did not help.

Shall visit the SVC tomorrow.
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 09:11   #8619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Had taken my 5months old XUV 700 AX7 Petrol AT to a reception today. While going, the horn started sounding funny.. kind of like it had lost its voice. Intermittently it would sound normal. I suspected one of the low tone horns had a loose connection. I reached the venue and parked the car.

While returning, when the valet bought the car, I noticed only the left head lamp was on.

Attachment 2466530

I fiddled with the switches and noticed following issues:
  • Front right low beam unit is non functional
  • Front right sequential indicator is non functional
  • Both high beams are non functional
  • Both DRLs are non functional
  • Both Fog lamps are non functional
  • Both cornering lamps are non functional
  • One horn is non functional
  • Driver seat welcome feature is non functional
  • Also the left headlamp is direct now and turns on when switching on the car even if the headlamp switch is off.
I fiddled with the settings and even did a factory reset but it did not help.

Shall visit the SVC tomorrow.
Almost sounds like a blown fuse
Old 21st June 2023, 09:36   #8620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Almost sounds like a blown fuse
I thought so too... but I doubt so many different functions are controlled by a single fuse.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:38   #8621
BHPian

The rear tyres on my car seem to camber a bit when the car is loaded, almost looks like the axle is sagging. No difference is felt while driving, but visually it’s quite evident.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5092.png

Low quality zoomed-in picture, but if you observe the rear left tyre, you can see it’s slightly tilted. This was with four people in the car and 5-6 soft bags worth of luggage.

This doesn’t happen when the car is unloaded.

Is it a normal thing for the independent suspension, or should I get it checked?
CapKoura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:00   #8622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I checked the engine oil in my AX5 diesel today and was surprised to see the oil level way above the maximum mark. Initially, I freaked out and checked the coolant level, but it turned out to be okay. I called my service manager, who told me that some level of engine oil increase in BS6 diesels is acceptable, but they would check the engine anyway. I went through the forum and other articles on the net and found out that many BS6 diesels have this issue or behaviour due to diesel mixing in engine oil if the vehicle is driven primarily in city conditions, and Mahindra itself recommends changing engine oil at 10k km instead of the usual 20k if the vehicle is driven in severe conditions, city driving being one of them. Has anyone else noticed a rise in the engine oil in their diesel XUV? I will be going to the service centre first thing tomorrow and getting the engine oil changed as it has been used around 10k kms anyways, but still, is it really normal or is there an issue with my car's engine?*Also, can someone please check the oil level in their diesel XUV and update here?

hi. my ax5 d at has completed around 4000 kms so far. i encountered oil leak due to a loose nut near lower right corner of the engine. Check if a very thin line of oil is leaking from somewhere in the highlighted area of the engine.

link to my post when I first encountered oil leak.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5556969 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Attached Images

psbali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 17:42   #8623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
My experience with Android Auto and Apple car play on the AX7L infotainment system

All the above observations are with wireless AA and CP. Have never tried the wired solution.

Apple car play
- Google maps sometimes appears 'stuck' - Spotify continues to play fine and the turn-by-turn navigation voice prompts also continue - but the display shows something that looks like the start location and does not update.
It fixes itself, after a while.
I am not sure if this has got to do with the patchy reception of the Vodaphone sim in my iPhone SE. (my hunch is that this is the issue)

Does anyone have any thoughts or inputs to fix any of the above?

Cheers
Hey man, not sure if the first point has been answered, but a stuck google map in Apple Carplay (Wired or unwired) is because of the connectivity issue, even if spotify/other application songs keep working. I have observed this when I get my ecosport (wired carplay) out of the basement. My habit is top start the navigation before I enter the basement. I lose network the bars in the basement (d'uh) and 5 times out of 10, when the signal comes back on, the screen freezes like I am still stuck at the start. Sometimes it sorts itself out, sometimes I force quit maps and restart the mapp app. The issue simply is connectivity.
Old 21st June 2023, 17:49   #8624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
The welcome feature
In very rare instances (maybe 2/3 times) I have noticed the seat not getting back to the pre-adjusted position. Haven't explored the reason, and just guessing here:
1. Unlocked the car--> opened the door --> closed without entering (for maybe checking something outside) --> opening the door again and entering.
2. if there is any interruption to the process, like starting the car too soon after entering

Shall make it a point to observe and note the next time this happens.

P.S.: Mine is an AX7L P AT
So I observed this behavior in my car this morning and the Situation no.1 mentioned above seems to be the cause.
Old 21st June 2023, 18:00   #8625
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I checked the engine oil in my AX5 diesel today and was surprised to see the oil level way above the maximum mark. Initially, I freaked out and checked the coolant level, but it turned out to be okay. I called my service manager, who told me that some level of engine oil increase in BS6 diesels is acceptable, but they would check the engine anyway..
Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
hi. my ax5 d at has completed around 4000 kms so far. i encountered oil leak due to a loose nut near lower right corner of the engine. Check if a very thin line of oil is leaking from somewhere in the highlighted area of

So I took my car to the service centre today, and they drained the complete engine oil. It came out to be 7 L, i.e., 1 L more than the engine oil capacity of 6 L. So between the last service at 10k km and the current ODO reading of 18000km, 1L of oil got mixed with engine oil. Note that there was not a single dpf clogged warning during this time, so that means that my usage pattern is good for dpf regen. Now, I talked to the two coteks and the head of the coteks, and all of them said that this much mixing is permissible. I asked them to replace the engine oil and observe. I will be observing the engine oil level for the next 2500km until the time of the 20k service.
Diesel owners, please keep an eye on the engine oil level in your XUV as high oil level that too mixed with diesel won't throw any warnings but will definitely cause damage in the long run. If possible, please discuss this with any diesel engine or DPF experts you know and update here. Thanks
Image 1: Oil level at 18k kms, 6L oil was filled at 10kms
Image 2: Oil drain from engine is total 7L at 18k.

*@psbali, thanks for the reply but my in my case oil level is rising instead of decreasing.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230621wa0012.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230620120932.jpg  

Last edited by sbm : 21st June 2023 at 18:02. Reason: Misplaced quote
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks