Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2023, 10:49   #8716
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Hi All,

Has anybody recently taken delivery of AX7 Luxury pack variant? Are the cars now coming with rear sequential indicators and both keys? Also, if you did, did you face the suspension noise or is it completely resolved now?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Yes, all AX7L variants are coming with rear sequential indicators and both keys.
Can't comment on the suspension noise as I newer had the issue.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 12:07   #8717
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Has anybody recently taken delivery of AX7 Luxury pack variant? Are the cars now coming with rear sequential indicators and both keys? Also, if you did, did you face the suspension noise or is it completely resolved now?

I took delivery of AX7L on June 4.
I received factory-installed rear sequential indicators as well as both keys.

When driving on rough roads, I do hear some noise from the suspension on all four wheels. I'm not sure if it's the same infamous Dug-Dug sound that the extensive public has heard as it's not particularly loud.

I have not yet contacted the Service Center.
alamodein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 12:46   #8718
BANNED

Quote:
Hi All,

Hi
I have recieved my AX7LDAT on 24May and it came with sequential indicators and two keyfobs. Regarding the noise from the suspension, I do hear occasional thuds when going over humps and uneven roads. But I can confirm the football in the boot sound, particularly after my first full tank diesel fill. Do anyone has a permanent solution for these two?
Regards
Dilip
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 15:38   #8719

Quote:
Hi All,

Yes the newer deliveries come with pre-installed rear sequential indicators and 2 keys. I took my delivery in April.
When I pass over a pothole in speed the Left Side Front Wheel gives a loud thud noise, but no impact is felt inside the cabin, got it re-torqued on first service but occasionally on some potholes the Thud comes.
Football in the boot noise is present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
But I can confirm the football in the boot sound, particularly after my first full tank diesel fill. Do anyone has a permanent solution for these two?
Regards
Dilip
Is the football in the boot sound related to DEF level or Diesel tank?
During the early days when the DEF level were above 90% I experienced 0 sounds, but when the DEF dropped below 80% I'm constantly getting the "football in the boot" sound regardless of the level of Diesel in the tank.
raghavrastogi08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 16:39   #8720
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavrastogi08 View Post
Yes the newer deliveries come with pre-installed rear sequential indicators and 2 keys. I took my delivery in April.
When I pass over a pothole in speed the Left Side Front Wheel gives a loud thud noise, but no impact is felt inside the cabin, got it re-torqued on first service but occasionally on some potholes the Thud comes.
Football in the boot noise is present.

Is the football in the boot sound related to DEF level or Diesel tank?
During the early days when the DEF level were above 90% I experienced 0 sounds, but when the DEF dropped below 80% I'm constantly getting the "football in the boot" sound regardless of the level of Diesel in the tank.
Hi
Most probably this may be related to Diesel tank. My DEF level shows 94%.
Dilip
Old 13th July 2023, 17:43   #8721
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for your responses!

Confirmed with my SA too today regarding the same. My car will be equipped with both sequential indicators and two keys. It will reach the stockyard tomorrow and will do the PDI the day after. Fingers crossed for a fuss-free ownership, especially with the new software update resolving most softaware glitches.
Old 13th July 2023, 22:29   #8722
BHPian

I am facing couple of very minor issue in my AX7L P AT.

1. When I start the car early in the morning, the TPMS sometimes shows low pressure (28-29 PSI) in 1 or more tyres and the tyre pressure warning comes up. The pressure gradually increases to 30-31 PSI as I travel for sometime. This I guess is normal - tyre pressure increasing with temperature. But the tyre pressure warning does not go off until I do a refill and take the pressure upto 32 PSI. But again after a few days in the morning it goes down to 28 and the warning returns. So my questions are: Is the pressure going down and coming back up after some time normal? and Is it possible to clear the warning without having to refill?

2. The FE indicator setting when set to "reset after a refill" resets randomly, but does not reset and works as expected when set to "do not reset". Anybody else notice this and know the reason why?

Thanks.

Last edited by amahale : 13th July 2023 at 22:31.
Old 14th July 2023, 00:40   #8723
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

The new cars, comes with redesigned front lower arms. No noise from my suspension. Only when I drive on deep potholes, I get a loud thought. It’s more like suspension bottoming out sound. (May delivery, just completed 5000kms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Hi
I have recieved my AX7LDAT on 24May and it came with sequential indicators and two keyfobs. Regarding the noise from the suspension, I do hear occasional thuds when going over humps and uneven roads. But I can confirm the football in the boot sound, particularly after my first full tank diesel fill. Do anyone has a permanent solution for these two?
Regards
Dilip
In my case, football sound stopped when DEF level went below 65%. One service engineer also claimed it is due to brake calliper ply, I doubt.
FlyboyQP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 00:43   #8724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgest View Post

I further did some research and found on the same forum that the best synthetic oil for ACEA C3/API CH4 oil available in the market currently is the Castrol Edge 30 5w30LL. I’m thinking of changing it to this oil in case the dealership isn’t able to source the Maximile Ultra V4. Is that a good option?
Hi, can you please keep it posted if you went with engine oil change and whether that helped resolve the issue?
univ_explorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 09:19   #8725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
I am facing couple of very minor issue in my AX7L P AT.

1. When I start the car early in the morning, the TPMS sometimes shows low pressure (28-29 PSI) in 1 or more tyres and the tyre pressure warning comes up. The pressure gradually increases to 30-31 PSI as I travel for sometime. This I guess is normal - tyre pressure increasing with temperature. But the tyre pressure warning does not go off until I do a refill and take the pressure upto 32 PSI. But again after a few days in the morning it goes down to 28 and the warning returns. So my questions are: Is the pressure going down and coming back up after some time normal? and Is it possible to clear the warning without having to refill?

Thanks.
I have noticed these too. As you know the manual advises a cold air pressure of 32PSI. It means in your case you are off by 3 - 4 PSI in the cold start. The best would be to top up the pressure to 32 before starting off the journey.

Normally pressure has been retained with a variation of 1 - 2 PSI for 3 weeks. I use a portable pump and fill the air if it shows below 30 PSI.

Last edited by Vasuki : 14th July 2023 at 09:21.
Vasuki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:12   #8726
BHPian

I gave my vehicle for 2nd service at 8.5k kms before long trip. Now at 9.5k I get warning that service is due. How to get rid of the warning? any shortcuts? (ax5 D MT)
Old 14th July 2023, 18:32   #8727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
I gave my vehicle for 2nd service at 8.5k kms before long trip. Now at 9.5k I get warning that service is due. How to get rid of the warning? any shortcuts? (ax5 D MT)
This has been discussed in the forum.
With ignition off, press the Enter button on right side panel. Keeping the button pressed, turn on the ignition. Hold 3-5 seconds and then release the buttons. The message should go away.
IvanBiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 11:26   #8728

Hi All,
After doing thorough market research and based on my requirements, i have zeroed down on AX7 P MT. However, i am in no rush as i need the car after an year from now.

Earlier, i was planning to book the car but considering the wait time has reduced, i am wondering if i shall go ahead with the booking now and let Dealer know of my expected delivery time OR wait 4 more months and then go ahead with the bookings??
pbhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 12:46   #8729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgest View Post
I too noticed the same sort of vibration and an increase in engine NVH in general post the 10k service. This is a XUV 700 Diesel AWD AX7 November 2022 manufactured. I also noticed that the engine was not revving as smoothly as it used to earlier. I did some digging on the same and seems like I might have found something.

So when I started looking for the grade/kind of engine oil that was used I was told that the engine oil being used everywhere is the Mahindra Maximile Ultra Semi Synthetic oil at 5W30. But when I looked into the provided service book, the recommended oil was Mahindra Maximile Ultra V4 Next-gen Synthetic oil. It clearly says synthetic oil on the box. The service book also says in case the V4 isn’t available the regular maximile ultra should be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Is this Ultra V4 something new ? I don't see reference to it in the manual on the WYH app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Hi, can you please keep it posted if you went with engine oil change and whether that helped resolve the issue?

@zeitgest - Thanks for sharing the info about the V4 engine oil and Yes this is something new as the literature that came with my car says only Maximile Ultra.

Visited the SC yesterday for the schedule 20K service and insisted for engine oil change. Then checked with the spares counter about the available engine oil and they showed me the Maximile Ultra V4, exactly what I wanted. On both side of the can it is clearly written as "Gen-Nxt Synthetic Engine Oil" but the specification (xxW xx) is still missing. This should now be available in all the SCs across the country.

Interestingly I noticed that the SC was using this new oil in all the cars as standard procedure.

Got very little oppurtunity to drive the car after the oil change, need to wait for some more days before I can give any opinion.

Also got the new software update installed.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ultra-v4.jpg Mahindra XUV700 Review-ultra-v4-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
I'm not sure if it's the same infamous Dug-Dug sound that the extensive public has heard as it's not particularly loud.
No Sir, that is not possible. The new improved LCA has taken care of that issue and your car would not, in all probability, experience that "Dug-Dug" sound. Try filling N2 in all the tyres and most issues with bumpiness / vibrations should be gone.

Last edited by Sommos : 15th July 2023 at 13:03.
Sommos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:09   #8730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
@zeitgest - Thanks for sharing the info about the V4 engine oil and Yes this is something new as the literature that came with my car says only Maximile Ultra.
Thanks @sommos. I enquired at quite a few service centers here in Bangalore, most of them haven’t even heard of it. Seems like it’s rolling out now. For folks in Bangalore, I narrowed down the availability to India Garage ITPL. I was told the supply for the new oil was limited and would be available from next week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks