Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2023, 09:49   #8581
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post
My XUV7OO MT AX7 is from Feb 2022. I had setup Adrenox to notify me for all the options (like > 5 min idling, driving too fast, engine start/stop, etc). This worked for a few weeks, but a few months ago it stopped notifying me. Has anyone else faced a similar issue? When I login into my Adrenox on my Android phone, I can see that all the options are still ticked, but I dont get any notifications. I had thought it might have been due to an Android Auto update from a couple of months ago - but I don't remember when it stopped working.
Can anyone please give any pointers?
I think it could be because your e-sim has stopped connecting to the mobile network. See if the network indicator is showing signal availability. Most probably, your signal indicator may be showing zero signal strength (something like the attached screenshot)

If e-sim has stopped connecting to mobile network, then you could:
  1. Check if the vehicle has gone into Service Mode in the vehicle settings in the vehicle onboard Adrenox settings. If it has, toggle it to Off position. See if you are able to connect to your vehicle with your Adrenox Connect app now.
  2. (This is something that worked for me) If Service Mode was already Off, try toggling it to On position and drive your vehicle for a few hours or days with the toggle at On position until the network signal indicator starts to show some signal strength. Once you get back the network signal, switch back to Service Mode= Off position. At this point, Adrenox Connect mobile app should connect to your vehicle and start sending you the notifications.
  3. If none of the above works, disconnect the negative terminal of your car battery and reconnect after 5 minutes as some posts in this forum have suggested. However, if you are not very confident working on the guts of your vehicle, the better option would be to make a quick visit to your nearest service center.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1316.jpeg  

roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 18:02   #8582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
New India assurance us quoting 51k, Royal Sundaram 54k. Both with zero depreciation.
Mahendra's quote is 1.4L with an additional 2 year 3rd parry insurance included.
Why would there be so much difference? Would I miss something if I chose to go outside insurance?
Appreciate quick help.
I purchased National Insurance from outside for 62000k including B2B, engine protect and consumables protect covers for my AX7L Diesel Auto.
DILIP
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 21:29   #8583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
I purchased National Insurance from outside for 62000k including B2B, engine protect and consumables protect covers for my AX7L Diesel Auto.
DILIP
Thank you. I got the quote from policy bazaar, they did not include national insurance.
I had missed to include engine protect in the quote, I will ask them yo add. So it may finally be about 60k plus. Quite less compared to the dealer quote.
Old 11th June 2023, 22:08   #8584
BHPian

Completed 6 months and 5000kms of my AX7L P AT. This running is more than I had anticipated as this is not my daily driver. This is used only on leisurely drives and outstation trips. The last trip being to Kuno Jungle Resort where I drove 500+kms within 9.5 hours including a couple of breaks, and truly realizing the comfort this car provides. The only minor ownership niggles have been:
A. Check engine light which appeared while we were driving to Sawai Madhopur. We panicked, immediately stopped the car, called WithYouHamesha and were guided to drive to our destination. The error cleared up spontaneously within 15 minutes and didn't return. The car was inspected at the ASC there and no active error was found. We drove back to Delhi and I got the car inspected at Koncept Mahindra, sector 59 and a brake system sensor was found to be faulty and was replaced.
B. The availability of XP95 has to be taken into account when planning long journeys but it is not a very big issue as the Indian Oil website has a helpful route planner
C. The usual infotainment issues, needless to say I won't be renewing my Adrenox subscription once it expires.

Overall, the FE I have got is 10.5 (70/30 highway/city) which is at par with what I had expected when buying the car. The comfort, performance and refinement the car provides is unmatched in the segment IMO. A flex of the right foot can take you to illegal speeds very quickly. Overtakes take negligible planning. The suspension setup is just beautiful. The sound system is very good once you have switched off all the artificial 3D surround sound gimmicks (not at par with aftermarket systems of course like the one in my Brezza, but I digress). Grabbing the keys with the butterfly M brings a smile to my face, always. Prior to this, I had briefly owned a 2014 Q5 2.0 TDI and apart from the build and dynamics, I don't miss that car anymore which is a big thing to say.

I got the car polished from the same guy who had ceramic coated my car and recommended and installed my entire Brezza's system and damping (can provide details, satisfied) and took it to Lodhi Art District early morning today for some photos. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.
Thanks for reading
Sumer
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230611-20.05.02sdf.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230611-atyh.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatvvnsapp-image-20230611-20.05.00.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-wttghatsapp-image-20230611-20.05.00.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-202ujuyj.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsdfsfsapp-image-20230611-20.04.58.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whasdtsapp-image-20230611-20.05.01.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230611-20.05.02.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-sdfds.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-imdsage-20230611-20.05.02.jpg

Last edited by Sumer : 11th June 2023 at 22:12. Reason: typo
Sumer is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 22:20   #8585
BHPian

Guys, is there any way of keeping both DRLs and Headlights off while keeping the Engine idling with AC on in Parking or Neutral?
Old 12th June 2023, 08:59   #8586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Guys, is there any way of keeping both DRLs and Headlights off while keeping the Engine idling with AC on in Parking or Neutral?
Yes, and No.

Yes - every time you want this to happen, go to settings and change the illumination settings to turnoff the DRL and keep headlights manually in off state. When you want to have the DRL back, go to settings and turn it on again.

No - because this is just way too much of fiddling than expected.
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 16:45   #8587
BHPian

I was going through the Tram BHP checklist for the PDI and getting prepared to see the car. Meanwhile my SA says they are not allowing PDI. I had asked if they can send it to their dealership showroom if they are not comfortable at their yard. Did not here back from them. First red flag for sure! Thanks to all people who provided similar feedback earlier on the same topic, I am better prepared!
Old 12th June 2023, 18:22   #8588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post

Please guide me on how to ensure that my vehicle is BS 6.2. According to VIN, it was manufactured in April 2023.
The only place where BS6.2 is mentioned is on the delivery note

Also, the 'key code tag' with the keys was missing, and I am still waiting for a reply from SA.
1. Please let me know if any recommendations to validate BS6.2.
2. Also, is the Key Code a 4-digit number? That's what I received from the SA after a week of follow-up.

Quote:
Dear BHPians,
Can you help me on what all can be bargained from pricing? Insurance from the price quote is 1.44 lakhs. From the previous posts I understand that this can comedown if I buy my own insurance.
?
I took Insurance directly from Acko for 57K for an IDV of 23.15. Its Zerp-Dep, covers Consumables, Rodent Bites, Return to Invoice, Engine Protection, Key Loss, etc.
alamodein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:48   #8589
BHPian

Quote:
I was going through the Team BHP checklist for the PDI and getting prepared to see the car. Meanwhile my SA says they are not allowing PDI. I had asked if they can send it to their dealership showroom if they are not comfortable at their yard. Did not here back from them. First red flag for sure! Thanks to all people who provided similar feedback earlier on the same topic, I am better prepared!
Sorry for the typo, please read it as Team Bhp above.
Old 13th June 2023, 00:26   #8590

Folks any good alternates to following two official Mahindra accessories
1. Side steps - at 25K they are very expensive. Any recommendations for aftermarket alternatives ?
2. Boot scuff plate - again expensive. But I couldn’t find any alternatives to it.

Also, for 7 seater version, what kind of boot mats are you lol using?
Old 13th June 2023, 11:22   #8591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post
Folks any good alternates to following two official Mahindra accessories
1. Side steps - at 25K they are very expensive. Any recommendations for aftermarket alternatives ?
2. Boot scuff plate - again expensive. But I couldn’t find any alternatives to it.

Also, for 7 seater version, what kind of boot mats are you lol using?
Side steps: As reported by other members, these are the best fit for XUV700. The other aftermarket options effect the ground clearance.

Scuff plates: I got the illuminated scuff plates from Mahindra, and they look good. They add to the premium-ness of the cabin (in my opinion)

Boot mats: I have the Pharaoh mats, which does not include the boot mats. I did not find the need for this.
Old 13th June 2023, 18:15   #8592
BHPian

Friends, I got delivery of my AX7L Petrol recently and I asked dealer to add a SD card. He confirmed adding 32 GB SD card and charged 900 Rs for the same. But he can't show me how can I confirm if he has indeed installed it and if its 32GB or not. Is there any way to confirm if SD card has been indeed installed in my car?
Old 13th June 2023, 20:41   #8593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
Friends, I got delivery of my AX7L Petrol recently and I asked dealer to add a SD card. He confirmed adding 32 GB SD card and charged 900 Rs for the same. But he can't show me how can I confirm if he has indeed installed it and if its 32GB or not. Is there any way to confirm if SD card has been indeed installed in my car?
Go to the "Drive video recording" menu in the "Surround view settings". If you see see any video recordings in the General or the Emergency folder then there is a SD card installed. If there is no SD card installed then you will see a message like "No SD Card" in the "Drive video recording" menu.

I am not sure how to check the size of the installed SD card.
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 00:22   #8594
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how to check the size of the installed SD card.
Per my understanding, the system is designed to work with only 32GB cards. It will not work with 128 / 256 GB cards.
manumike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 08:07   #8595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Does anyone know how to stop FM from auto playing everytime I start the car? This wasn't a problem initially after the update to Adrenox 7.x, when they fixed FM blasting at full time. I can set fm volume to zero in audio settings or it would work if I have an USB drive and set it as default. I don't want to use a usb drive and looking for a better option to stop FM from playing.
The only way is to completely turn off the volume of radio from settings.
Even after the latest software update the radio still turns on every time we start the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks