Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 23:03   #8431
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikasbpt View Post
Hi. I booked my AX7L automatic in Feb. Vehicle reached dealership. Did PDI.
Two keys and sequential turn indicators are available. Apple car play is still not working.

Request for suggestions on accessories. My list is as below:
1. Side foot steps.
2. Pedal covers
3. Scuff plate
4. Rain visors
5. 3D mat
Foot step looks to be very costly to me. Suggestions are welcome.
Congrats on the car. That was quite fast.
You can skip the mats from M&M. Look at aftermarket options.
Side footsteps from Mahindra are good, even though on the higher side of cost.
Rest accessories in the list seem okay. You might want to consider mud flaps.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 06:12   #8432

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Side footsteps from Mahindra are good, even though on the higher side of cost.
Rest accessories in the list seem okay. You might want to consider mud flaps.
I agree with you. Mat I didn’t liked much. I would also like go with your recommendation for side step and mud flaps. Thanks.
Old 17th May 2023, 07:06   #8433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Pressing and releasing the voice command button on the steering will activate Alexa, but if you press and hold for a couple of seconds and then release, Google assistant will be triggered.
Thanks for this tip. This works even on the Toyota Hyryder. Toyota's inbuilt assistant is really really bad.
Old 17th May 2023, 10:47   #8434
BHPian

Quote:
Pressing and releasing the voice command button on the steering will activate Alexa, but if you press and hold for a couple of seconds and then release, Google assistant will be triggered.
Many thanks @amahale for this tip.

Through Android Auto, we have the option to switch the phone call path between Car BT (default), Handset & Handset Speaker. This feature was rolled out few weeks back. This doesn't work (Mahindra XUV700 Review) reliably for me, so checking if anyone has a suggestion. Phone call over car BT only works sometimes.

Issues observed:
1) Call doesn't go through Car BT at all.
2) Call starts with Car BT, but disconnects soon and goes through the Handset path. Like, the music pauses briefly in response to the call request, but resumes immediately.
3) From the Call menu in the AA screen, the switch to BT doesn't work. The (inconvenient) workaround is to select the "Handset Speaker" option to continue the call.

This might be due to the Phone SW (OnePlus). I am also planning to update the Silver box SW (to the latest 10.14.x version) by the end of the month and hope this issue goes away.

Until then, any suggestions?
Old 17th May 2023, 11:03   #8435
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I booked my AX7L automatic in Feb.

Request for suggestions on accessories. My list is as below:
5. 3D mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Quote:
I agree with you. Mat I didn’t liked much.
For mats you can try Pharaoh mats; they are good. You can check these posts regarding them:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5487142 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5487573 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5488116 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5488529 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

I would suggest to get the SD card as well to save the dash cam recordings.

Last edited by amahale : 17th May 2023 at 11:12.
amahale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 19:04   #8436
BHPian

A question to fellow XUV7OO Diesel owners. Has anyone tried Xtragreen Diesel? In general, I have seen some mixed responses on the thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ies-india.html (IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India)

I am considering to fill Xtragreen for next couple of tank fill ups, so looking if anyone has already tried it on XUV7OO.

Thanks!
Old 17th May 2023, 20:25   #8437

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVector View Post
A question to fellow XUV7OO Diesel owners. Has anyone tried Xtragreen Diesel? In general, I have seen some mixed responses on the thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ies-india.html (IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India)

I am considering to fill Xtragreen for next couple of tank fill ups, so looking if anyone has already tried it on XUV7OO.

Thanks!
Using XtraGreen for the past 7k kms of the total clocked 17k kms (AX7L D AT). Easily getting 14.5-15kmpl on my highway cruises at 100-110 kmph speeds. The car is well insulated and Xtragreen keeps the engine more muted for sure. As far as DEF usage is concerned - at 40% remaining level now after 7k kms. I can attribute at least 1kmpl improvement with Xtragreen.

With regular diesel i was averaging 12-13kmpl before my 10k service. DEF at my 10k service was close to 20%.
manoj.elan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 09:27   #8438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Many thanks @amahale for this tip.

Through Android Auto, we have the option to switch the phone call path between Car BT (default), Handset & Handset Speaker. This feature was rolled out few weeks back. This doesn't work (Mahindra XUV700 Review) reliably for me, so checking if anyone has a suggestion. Phone call over car BT only works sometimes.

Issues observed:
1) Call doesn't go through Car BT at all.
2) Call starts with Car BT, but disconnects soon and goes through the Handset path. Like, the music pauses briefly in response to the call request, but resumes immediately.
3) From the Call menu in the AA screen, the switch to BT doesn't work. The (inconvenient) workaround is to select the "Handset Speaker" option to continue the call.

This might be due to the Phone SW (OnePlus). I am also planning to update the Silver box SW (to the latest 10.14.x version) by the end of the month and hope this issue goes away.

Until then, any suggestions?
It works as expected for me. When a call comes it goes to the Car in Android Auto and I get options on the car screen to change b/w bluetooth, handset and handset speaker. One thing I noticed is that is if I have bluetooth headset then by default it goes to the headset and I still get the options on the car screen to change to handset and handset speaker but not to the Car BT.
Your issue could be due to the OnePlus phone; I have heard that OnePlus is a bit of hit and miss with Android Auto.
You can check one thing: with your phone connected to Android Auto, go to the bluetooth options in your phone and in the paired devices click on the settings next to your car BT. Check here if "Calls" is enabled.

My specs for reference:
Silver box SW version:10.14.11
Android Auto version: 9.4.631624
Phone: Samsung S20FE running on Android 13
amahale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 09:54   #8439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.elan View Post
Using XtraGreen for the past 7k kms of the total clocked 17k kms (AX7L D AT). Easily getting 14.5-15kmpl on my highway cruises at 100-110 kmph speeds. The car is well insulated and Xtragreen keeps the engine more muted for sure. As far as DEF usage is concerned - at 40% remaining level now after 7k kms. I can attribute at least 1kmpl improvement with Xtragreen.

With regular diesel i was averaging 12-13kmpl before my 10k service. DEF at my 10k service was close to 20%.
Completely agree to this. Have been using Xtragreen most of the times. The engine noise is reduced, FE slightly better, I feel the vehicle pulls through nicely as well and DEF consumption is low with Xtragreen. My DEF would have lasted for 15k (I was at 49% when I topped up at 7.5k on the ODO). Current ODO is almost 11k.

The only unknowns at this point are - 1) Exact composition of Xtragreen (IOC is secretive about it) 2) Long term effects and impact on engine life 3) Has M&M tested their BS6 engines with this fuel

For 3) I tried asking someone I know and I was told, they haven't tested it. They don't have an opinion on using it or otherwise

Last edited by shrk_18 : 18th May 2023 at 09:57. Reason: Added more info in the same response
Old 18th May 2023, 10:08   #8440
BHPian

Quote:
Your issue could be due to the OnePlus phone; I have heard that OnePlus is a bit of hit and miss with Android Auto.

My specs for reference:
Silver box SW version:10.14.11
Android Auto version: 9.4.631624
Many thanks @amahale. You are right about 1+. No issues with my wife's Pixel. My Silverbox version is still 08.01.41 & AA, the same as yours.

Will revert after Silverbox update.
Old 18th May 2023, 16:05   #8441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,
Its been quite some time that I have posted anything here in this thread. I have something interesting to share and need some help too at the end of this tale.
Cut 1, I have had booked my XUV 700 D MT on 7th Aug 2021 and received it a whole year later i.e. on 18th Aug 2022. It was a Jul’22 manufactured unit (atleast that’s what the VIN says). As most folks of that batch I got a car devoid of a spare key and the sequential tail lights. I did get a writeup stating that there is no second key and sequential indicator with your car.
Hi Monty1,
If you don't mind could you please share the service center from where you got the seq indicator installed? I am trying to push through my case for seq indicator at Anant cars for my Jul delivered XUV for which they gave the letters and its going in circles with the same story of cut off dates etc etc. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sandegov : 18th May 2023 at 16:06.
Old 18th May 2023, 16:43   #8442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Hi Monty1,
If you don't mind could you please share the service center from where you got the seq indicator installed? I am trying to push through my case for seq indicator at Anant cars for my Jul delivered XUV for which they gave the letters and its going in circles with the same story of cut off dates etc etc. Thanks in advance.
M&M had discontinued the RSL w.e.f. 01-06-2022 except for Luxury variants. So it depends on the variant of your car rather than the acknoledgement given by the dealer. Recently I came accross this message from M&M CC in some other forum :

Mahindra XUV700 Review-unnamed.jpg

They now claim to be doing it sequentially and they also provide a deadline for the same. I hope you'll get a clear picture if you communicate with the CC directly.
Old 18th May 2023, 16:53   #8443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
M&M had discontinued the RSL w.e.f. 01-06-2022 except for Luxury variants. So it depends on the variant of your car rather than the acknoledgement given by the dealer. Recently I came accross this message from M&M CC in some other forum :

Attachment 2452280

They now claim to be doing it sequentially and they also provide a deadline for the same. I hope you'll get a clear picture if you communicate with the CC directly.
Exceptions are being made for folks who were close to the cut off date and were given letters, as shared by monty1 in the quoted post. Ours is the same variant and dealer and mine is Jul delivered and his Aug delivered.
Old 18th May 2023, 17:37   #8444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Exceptions are being made for folks who were close to the cut off date and were given letters, as shared by monty1 in the quoted post. Ours is the same variant and dealer and mine is Jul delivered and his Aug delivered.
If you're so eager to get it, then forget everything and tweet to Anand Mahindra and narrate your story. I did this and got mine instantly.

Any customer complain forwarded from the Chairman's office gets instant attention of all concerned.

Best of luck.
Sommos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 18:37   #8445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
If you're so eager to get it, then forget everything and tweet to Anand Mahindra and narrate your story. I did this and got mine instantly.

Any customer complain forwarded from the Chairman's office gets instant attention of all concerned.

Best of luck.
To clarify - by exception I meant exception for AX7 variants, not on the timelines. Have reached out M&M and awaiting their response.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks