Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2023, 17:40   #7801
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Can we install the rear sequential indicators as an accessory for AX7 variant as I believe it was removed from the feature list at a later stage after launch?
Yes even I am in the same boat. I guess once the commitments to AX7L customers are over,then we can hope it will be available as an accessory.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 17:47   #7802
BHPian

Got the delivery of XUV700 AWD AX7L today. The delivery was a smooth affair. A lot to learn in respect of the infotainment system & electronics.

The service executive gave me a quick overview of the most essential features. I liked it that way, as did not want to keep my family waiting. Now begins the "Bhagreetha Praythna" of learning & discovering the gizmo.

Felt the suspension is much more settled compared to my previous XUV500. Got both the keys. Enquired about sequential indicators, but got no information from the team. Mine is January 2023 manufactured. Really mystified, why it is called midnight black? It is more dark blue to me.

A query to XUV700 owners, does the rearview mirror fold automatically on locking the doors?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img7071.jpg
Vasuki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:06   #7803
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Now begins the "Bhagreetha Praythna" of learning & discovering the gizmo.
I would recommend taking time to read the manual. Especially, ADAS has a lot of surprises, many of them covered in manual. Say, you don't want to discover while cruising at 100kmph that the car is actually considering the huge container truck in front of you as open road. It's a documented caveat of ADAS.

Quote:
It is more dark blue to me.
Actual Midnight Black color is a very dark shade of blue but I don't think the car is quite that dark. Probably the name was inspired from the color.

Quote:
does the rearview mirror fold automatically on locking the doors?
Yes, keep the ORVM switch in middle position.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 19:21   #7804
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 launched in Nepal.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675173023979.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675173003784.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675173001421.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675172991250.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675172988557.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675173029450.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1675173037715.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 19:52   #7805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the delivery of XUV700 AWD AX7L today. The delivery was a smooth affair. A lot to learn in respect of the infotainment system & electronics.
Congratulations!

Yes Adrenox system has a lot of things which were not advertised at all or even documented that well in the owner`s manual either. You will keep discovering new things.

Once the Adrenox system, smartphone integration, Alexa is activated and you have your second key the entire set up will be complete.

You do need to use either Amazon music through Alexa or a streaming music service through your phone integration to allow the Sony system to do its magic.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 09:31   #7806
BHPian

Checked the Adrenox version and its 08.01.42

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230201-08.56.04.jpeg

Tried for the update and seems its the latest version
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230201-08.56.04-1.jpeg

Also got the Pharoah 3D mats installed. Top quality and great fit. The mats have an extended lip over the door sill that prevents dust and sand from falling under the mats while entering the car. Cost was 9400 shipped.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230201-08.56.04-2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230201-08.56.04-3.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230201-08.56.04-4.jpeg
vikash49 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 11:17   #7807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhiraj View Post

But then, I just bought a dashcam with 128GB high endurance SD card for the following reasons quoted by the service engineers
- max 32GB card capacity
- Cant transfer the videos from DVR to a USB stick.
- Cant transfer videos from DVR via wifi to your mobile
So in case of an emergency, you'll need to go to the service station to get the videos transferred for any disputes or claims.

Regards,
Dhiraj
That's a basic miss - I suppose Mahindra will eventually roll this as an update once they get a handle on the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Also got the Pharoah 3D mats installed. Top quality and great fit. The mats have an extended lip over the door sill that prevents dust and sand from falling under the mats while entering the car. Cost was 9400 shipped.
These look great. Are these available for the 3rd row and the luggage area for the 7S?
Old 1st February 2023, 11:32   #7808

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
Got my 1K kms service done at 1700ish kms. SC told me that an update is available for carplay. It is working fine with occasional “error establishing connection” and audio dropping for a second every now and then. The Auto Start Stop function when works works like a charm, else it keeps blinking.

There was that football in the boot sound, which they said is taken care of by tightening some nuts. One more issue was there. While braking, I could feel the brakes being applied in the middle row in my feet. They said we’ll have to take down the entire fuel tank and check. I will wait for some time before letting them do that.
You mean there is a solution to the football in the boot sound? Has it disappeared after the fix? Could you pls confirm?
Old 1st February 2023, 12:28   #7809
BHPian

Quote:
Enquired about sequential indicators, but got no information from the team.

A query to XUV700 owners, does the rearview mirror fold automatically on locking the doors?

Attachment 2412931
Try asking the SVC regarding the indicators, they will give a better picture. If they don't then you can mail the customer support.

Rear View Mirrors do fold in. There is a switch above the windows control panel. It closes the mirrors at the bottom position, opens at the top most position and the auto close function is enabled at middle position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
You mean there is a solution to the football in the boot sound? Has it disappeared after the fix? Could you pls confirm?
No. It was gone for sometime but it is back now. I might have to go for taking off the entire fuel tank way.

Last edited by saurabhrai : 1st February 2023 at 12:31. Reason: Forgot to reply to previous post
Old 1st February 2023, 19:17   #7810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
These look great. Are these available for the 3rd row and the luggage area for the 7S?
Yes, the mats are great.
It's available for all 3 rows but doesn't cover the entire floor in the 3rd row as it does in the 2nd. And there is no mat for the boot; I don't see the need for it anyways.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 19:24   #7811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post

However I figured out a washing regiment thanks to multiple posts in team-bhp cleaning and detailing thread.

Daily dust removal
  • I purchased a cordless leaf blower (Becker and Decker) that removes most dust. I use this almost everyday
Weekly wash
  1. Next I purchased a portable 12V pressure washer (Fieldstar). Its not as powerful as the wired ones, but it does a good job of washing the car. It washes most of the dirt stuck on the mud guard, cleans up the car of dust and dirt pretty well. As a first step I wash the car using this.
  2. Then I use the leaf blower to blow of the water
  3. For the remaining water on the body, I use a 900 GSM microfibre. I dont wipe the body using this. Just fold it and keep it on the surface where there are water droplets and it completely absorbs the water
  4. I use atleast two 400GSM microfibre to wet clean the hard plastic parts and one to clean the alloys
  5. Finally the windows with two 400GSM microfibre towels
This may sound like an overkill and it likely is. But this really keeps the car free of swirls mostly.

Now as a final thought, I feel if you really want it to be easy maintenance then go for complete PPF if you can afford it.
Else just wax the car once in a while. Waxing and the above cleaning regiment will keep the car shiny and mostly swirl free.

Any feedback on my washing regiment is much appreciated.
I think your setup and routine is great, the only way to avoid swirl marks is to not touch the painted surface; the paint of XUV700 is quite soft. Though PPF can protect the paint from minor skirmishes (like when you get a new appliance it is all covered with a plastic film to protect from any scratches), but any deep scratch will need denting/painting and a fresh PPF. I have covered the front and rear bumper areas with PPF in my XUV700 as these areas are most prone to scratches. I wax the car once in a month, I use a Jopassu duster every day, very lightly though, dusting it after very panel. For any stains /marks or bird dropping in between, I use a quick detailer to clean them. One cannot avoid swirl marks this what I feel.
I would encourage you to watch this video
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 19:28   #7812
BHPian

Quote:
I am also using these mats for the last 6 months. There is a small piece which covers the third row foot area, nothing for the luggage area behind the third row.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 21:52   #7813
BHPian

As per Mahindr'a website, only Luxury variant comes with Sequential Rear Indicators, so i was expecting my AX7 Petrol AT (non L) to come with something like this at the rear:

Name:  indicator.gif
Views: 1227
Size:  232.8 KB

However, its actually like this:

Name:  indicator2.gif
Views: 1269
Size:  234.0 KB

Means only the small corner portions of the indicators are lighting up and the door portion of the indicator strip does not light up at all. Is this same for everyone else too?

If you see this in the video below, these lighted portions are on the far corners and barely visible from straight behind. Could be missed during day time and cause a safety risk.

Pls share your thoughts..

Quote:
Yes, in the 7seater version we do get a mat for the third row too but none for the (non-existent) boot.

Last edited by vikash49 : 1st February 2023 at 21:53.
Old 1st February 2023, 21:58   #7814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
As per Mahindr'a website, only Luxury variant comes with Sequential Rear Indicators, so i was expecting my AX7 Petrol AT (non L) to come with something like this at the rear:

Means only the small corner portions of the indicators are lighting up and the door portion of the indicator strip does not light up at all. Is this same for everyone else too?

If you see this in the video below, these lighted portions are on the far corners and barely visible from straight behind. Could be missed during day time and cause a safety risk.

Pls share your thoughts.
Agree that this is a safety concern; a motorist who is close behind will miss your turn signal. Mahindra should at the least install a static indicator lights for the missing part.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:44   #7815

Could someone please help me with this? I did the PDI recently and the car looked good albeit a little dirty on the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgest View Post
Hi All,

I have a booking for XUV 700 D AT AWD AX7 booked on march 8th 2022. I recently received a call from by SA that there’s been a cancellation from another client and there’s a car available in the same trim as my booking with the only exception being that it is a Nov 22 manufactured car.
Is that something that can be a troublesome in the future, should I wait for a newer model? I’m not sure why the car which is nearly two months old at this point is still not given to anybody else. Is there a possibility it was sent back to the factory after a failed PDI for some defect?

As I can see there hasn’t been any change to the car between then and now and I’m not sure if there’s something I’m missing. Requesting your wise counsel in this regards.

Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks