Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 14:48   #7906

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Thank you dolphinjazz. Overall its mixed experience for me as I came from a 10 years niggle free relationship with Honda.
  1. Instrumental panel cluster takes few minutes (up to 10 minutes sometimes) to come up some times.
  2. ICE Touchscreen randomly stops working.
  3. When I reported the above 2 issues during my first service, They suspected issue could be with IC board and replaced it at my cost (warranty was not applied as per SA). However, that didn't fix the issues but I got used to live with them now. So, No more complaints.
  4. Had to visit service center 2 times for the DPF issues, Vehicle gets locked to first 2 gears and accelerator won't work for upper shifts. (I never ignored any DPF warnings and always run auto regen within few kms when I see the warning sign). They had replaced the filter(at my cost again) on second visit and no more issues since few months.

However, I'm happy with the vehicle overall for the price I paid.
I do not understand Why the warranty was not applicable in both of these cases.
Have You requested from Your side to make these changes or it was diagnosed by SA?
Old 14th February 2023, 18:17   #7907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshroyal View Post
I do not understand Why the warranty was not applicable in both of these cases.
Have You requested from Your side to make these changes or it was diagnosed by SA?
They were diagnosed by SA (India Garage, Whitefield). I was told they are not covered under warranty and must pay.
Old 14th February 2023, 18:37   #7908
BHPian

This is regarding the accessories purchased at the time of delivery. The guys are charging more that what is quoted on M2ALL and when asked the reason for that, they reply saying its the fitting and labor charges.

Is this the case with all the members who have already taken delivery. wanted to check before escalating this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230214-12.15.23-pm.jpeg  

Old 14th February 2023, 22:49   #7909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
The guys are charging more that what is quoted on M2ALL and when asked the reason for that, they reply saying its the fitting and labor charges.
This is normal, They would usually expect labor charges extra for accessories. However, you can always bargain and ask for discount. Some dealers even provide extra discount on few accessories MRP.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 23:05   #7910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hi Members!

If I want to upsize or need off road tyres for the AX7 AWD (235/60/R18), what options do I have? Because I know that 265 sections won't fit.
I was also in the market to upgrade the tires on my XUV700 AWD. Was planning to change them the moment I bought the car. Did my research but could not find any AT in the stock size. Finally gave up and decided to stay with the stock ones until something good comes out in the market. If you are really keen to change you can upgrade the size to 255/55/ R18. There might be a few options available and that size is well within the permissible tire change range (.3%).
Old 14th February 2023, 23:31   #7911

Hello everyone, i have a small confusion i have booked AX7L Diesel Manual and is expected delivery is dec-jan 2024 as per latest booking status , i am thinking to change the variant from manual transmission to automatic transmission because i have been hearing issues related to Clutch related and gearbox issues difficult to shift gear from first to second after some months , kindly suggest your valuable feedback based on your experiences- incase if i am changing to AT i should downgrade to AX7D AT because again AX7L D AT will be more expensive
Old 15th February 2023, 07:02   #7912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
This is regarding the accessories purchased at the time of delivery. The guys are charging more that what is quoted on M2ALL and when asked the reason for that, they reply saying its the fitting and labor charges.

Is this the case with all the members who have already taken delivery. wanted to check before escalating this issue.
This might be a dealer specific thing. For my accessories, they were all M2All rates, with no labour charges and 10% discounted.
haribalram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 07:08   #7913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson678 View Post
Hello everyone, i have a small confusion i have booked AX7L Diesel Manual and is expected delivery is dec-jan 2024 as per latest booking status , i am thinking to change the variant from manual transmission to automatic transmission because i have been hearing issues related to Clutch related and gearbox issues difficult to shift gear from first to second after some months , kindly suggest your valuable feedback based on your experiences- incase if i am changing to AT i should downgrade to AX7D AT because again AX7L D AT will be more expensive
General sense from this group:
1. XUV AT is very good
2. The markup on the "L" model is worth it.

This is coming from a 7L D AT owner, if you can afford, go for it.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 09:37   #7914
BHPian

Quote:
Hi there

I've the same variant since 11 months and 16000 km
AT vs manual is an endless debate. I am a dinosaur with MT preference so I went to MT. Moreover it helps one save some vitamin M

That being said,AT is wonderfully tuned for this car according to the people.

As far as the hardness in 1st and 2nd gear is concerned, it is present in some cars but it's not something you can't live with. So if you have healthy knees and don't have to endure bumper to bumper traffic daily you may surely opt MT.

Now regarding the L variant. Believe me, its worth the money. i stretched my budget for 360° camera, EPB and automatic handles. But music system is actually music to ears. 360° camera is a must have in this car (even in smaller cars i feel). I wonder why its not made compulsory by government in all cars. Afterall it's not a very expensive thing. If I have to choose between AT and L because of budget, I'll always go for L because of camera and music.

All the best and happy motoring
sudanmohit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:22   #7915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Quick question on sequential indicators: Are people getting calls from dealership or does one need to actively follow-up with them? In my first service, the person told me that the parts will specifically be allotted to my car and the showroom will call me when the parts arrive. Has that been the experience? Sorry if this has already been discussed.
I had tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra and that set the wheels in motion. My service centre placed order for 10 sets and were alloted 7 sets. But when they opened the sets for inspection One particular box containing the LHS were all broken, so they had asked for replacement from the plant.

Meanwhile, one set was sourced from nearby Paramount Aotomotives, Jeypore, Odisha and the same was fitted in my car.

You may also tweet to Mr. Anand Mahindra and see the results.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 15:35   #7916
BHPian

Quote:
AX7 D AT, is the variant I chose at the beginning and stuck with it. It has been 7000km now and I don't miss any of the features offered in the L variant. If you feel those features are essential go ahead with the AX7L D AT. Otherwise the AX 7 D AT will do perfectly fine.
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 16:24   #7917
BHPian

Guys, quick question.... I know it was discussed previously but I am looking for latest answers as of date.

Are Rear Sequential Indicators still offered on AX7L variants (be it factory installed or installed later by dealer)

I saw some mod video from Karolbagh, and the guy mentioned once, that even AX7L not getting rear Sequential Indicators. However I dont find that trust worthy

Thanks!
Old 15th February 2023, 18:13   #7918
BHPian

Quote:
My 2 cents on this basis my experience. I own a XUV AX7D AT AWD. Before this car all my previous cars were manual and boy was I missing out on on the ease and fun of driving an AT. What Mahindra has done with the engine and gearbox combo is quite good and that translates into a great driving experience. On the bit about the L varient, I personally went for the L due to the 360 camera and the start stop feature. The stock music systems on cars have never worked for me (I have upgraded everything execept the head unit) hence that was not a driving force. Overall I am convinced I made the right decision by going with the L varient. Hope this helps.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 19:13   #7919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Guys, quick question.... I know it was discussed previously but I am looking for latest answers as of date.

Are Rear Sequential Indicators still offered on AX7L variants (be it factory installed or installed later by dealer)
I just did PDI on my vehicle which is Jan 2023 manufactured. It still doesn't have sequential indicators, but they are part of the specs. Have asked the dealer to provide me in writing when this will be installed, and looks like the initial deliveries are being fitted first and then they may have them on the new vehicles.

Quote:
I have always been a fan of Manual transmission and will go for MT over AT anytime. I have never owned a AT but have driven Creta / XUV 500, but did not feel like they can be considered over MT. But the reviews on this forum and other forums on 700 AT are quite impressive, so you can go for test drive couple of times and then decide.

On choosing AX7L over AX7, from Performance and Safety perspective (Knee air bag missing in AX7) both variants offer the same, its only the additional features that makes the difference in the variants: listed below are features not available in AX7:

1. Rear Sequential Indicators
2. Knee Air bag
3. Electronic Smart door handles
4. 360 surround view
5. Blind view monitoring
6. Wireless Charging
7. Dash Cam with continuous recording
8. speakers ( 6 to 12 ) and some sound tech
9. Keyless entry
10. Electronic Parking brake

Again its all on the personal preference as to what you want and what you don't. My opinion, if you can stretch your budget, then go for L

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th February 2023 at 10:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
har_war_09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 20:40   #7920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post

I saw some mod video from Karolbagh, and the guy mentioned once, that even AX7L not getting rear Sequential Indicators. However I dont find that trust worthy

Thanks!
There is no such official communication from Mahindra. I have been reaching out to the dealership to get the sequential lights for my L model and he mentioned Mahindra will start/has started shipping with the sequential lights already. I took that with a pinch of salt due to all the other things this guy keeps saying, but one can safely assume the sequential lights have not been removed from the L variant yet.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks