Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 12:58   #8656
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Also, Could you guys tell me if the issues with the car have now been resolved? from what I recall there were electronic failures on the display etc.
Mechanically this is a robust car and yes the suspension issue, that occured in the initial batches have been resolved.

Electronically there are certain issues like the screen going blank at times, connectivity of the Vi sim etc. These things are surely irritating but certainly not something that will leave you stranded on the road. Most issues sort out themselves after you re-start the car say after 5-10 minutes. Occasionally you may have to disconnect the battery terminal (Ctrl+Alt+Del) sort out the issues.

We have now learnt to live with such tantrums thrown by the car. One thing is for certain that whenever you take this car on the open roads, it will bring a smile on your face and I think every owner on the forum will agree to this.
Sommos is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 13:55   #8657
BHPian

Launched in the Aussie market

Mahindra launched the XUV700 in Australia a couple of weeks back. Surprisingly they have priced it lower than the Scorpio(Scorpio N in India). Hoping they market it well and it generates good sales numbers. Considering the Chinese brands doing decently well here, it should be doable.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1212.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1213.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1214.jpg  

BraveArc is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 17:11   #8658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
. . . Could you guys tell me if the issues with the car have now been resolved? from what I recall there were electronic failures on the display etc.
Most issues have been resolved but there are a few persistent issues/niggles:
  1. Tearing noise from speakers from time to time - It usually goes away on its own once you've rebooted (restarted) the car
  2. ICE takes a long time to load - Earlier it seemed to be instant but now it seems to take a long time to wait. I set the drive mode to my custom preferred setting and for that, I have to wait till the ICE system loads up fully otherwise the drive mode just doesn't pop up no matter how many times I press the physical button or select "drive mode" on the touchscreen.
  3. Blank display issue - Happens once every few days and there is no set pattern - the car's display might go blank while driving and then after a while come back on. When this happens, the Hill descent control error pops up, we're unable to change drive mode as it shows - "Drive Mode Inhibited" and the trip meter also shows "Error". This also gets resolved after shutting down the car and then restarting it back again.
  4. Laggy 360-degree camera - For a car that costs above 30L OTR (in some states), the camera is very laggy. I tried out the 360-degree cameras on my Uncle's Baleno and then my Aunt's Magnite, they both seem to be smoother and those cars cost less than the XUV. I'm guessing the lag in Video Feed on XUV 700 is due to the many processes that the Single processor has to juggle whereas cars like the Magnite don't have that many background and foreground processes running, but then again, I might be wrong.
  5. Apple Carplay disconnection issues - I loved using Apple Carplay on my Creta and planned to use the same on XUV but the constant disconnection issues irritate me. They took so long to enable the function but it still isn't smooth. On my cousin's Sonet, the Wireless AA and AC work beautifully without any disconnections. If Kia can do it, why can't Mahindra.
  6. Suspension Issue - It's gone to an extent after changing the control arms and have to commend Mahindra for listening to customer feedback and making changes. But, the suspension is loud while doing its job and sometimes it feels like it might fall off. However, do note that it is my "personal" experience and others might not be having the same issue with suspension now.

This is the way I deal with some of the issues:
  1. I tend to "mostly" not use the 360-degree camera while reversing or parking and instead rely more on my ORVMs and judgement.
  2. The suspension sound, I drown out with loud music.
  3. Whenever I face the blank display issue, I park the car to the side, wait for the system to load, and then restart to fix the issue.
  4. Due to the unreliable nature of Apple Carplay Wireless, I have ditched using my iPhone in favor of my Android phone since Android Auto Wireless works flawlessly for me and I have not faced disconnections much. Of course that meant that I had to transfer most of my data from my iPhone to Android but it was worth it to be able to use the stated function of the car without disruptions.

In conclusion, I would say that while the car has some flaws, there's something endearing about it and I guess most of us have learned to live with it. It's a good car that's let down by some niggles. However, I need to draw attention to Mahindra's responsive nature to customer feedback as well as the way in which Service Centre dealt with my issues which have left me satisfied.
wadewilson is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 18:31   #8659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
This should not happen. I have seen my XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel MT from rear with 7 adult occupants and the camber angle was even. It would be advisable to get a Wheel alignment check done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
I have an AX7L manual diesel. My car behaves the same. Have reported the same to the service center but they say its completely normal. (They also showed me there test drive car whose tyres had same behaviour)
I also got alignment checked with my reputed tyre shop. They told me the same that thats how independent suspension behaves under load.
Experts please shed some light.
I took @Swift Express’s advice and took it to an independent shop for getting the alignment checked.

The technician there told me that the alignment of the rear tyres was extremely messed up, possibly during the 10k service, which led to the rear tyres having next to no tread left on the inside part.

Took the car to the Mahindra service center, and was greeted with a callous attitude, as expected. The lady in charge tells me that the misalignment could’ve been caused by a pothole.

….A pothole. Causing such an extreme misalignment. In their ~30 lakh flagship.

Regardless, got the alignment done from them since I figured there’s no use fighting them over this. The difference is immediately noticeable, even when stationary. Will get the rear tyres changed soon.
CapKoura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 21:57   #8660
jsl
BHPian

I might sound dumb but I wanted to ask are the sequential indicators being installed free of cost by Mahindra in the cars that didn’t come with it when there was chip shortage? The car in question is a September 2022 AX5 P AT(5 seater)
Thank you!
Old 30th June 2023, 09:20   #8661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl View Post
I might sound dumb but I wanted to ask are the sequential indicators being installed free of cost by Mahindra in the cars that didn’t come with it when there was chip shortage? The car in question is a September 2022 AX5 P AT(5 seater)
Thank you!
I booked the AX7 P AT last week in Delhi and upon enquiring regarding sequential indicators was advised that the upgrade would set me back by 18k rupees.
So not for free, but for a fee.
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 16:07   #8662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
I booked the AX7 P AT last week in Delhi and upon enquiring regarding sequential indicators was advised that the upgrade would set me back by 18k rupees.
About 6 months back they discontinued giving sequential indicators to all models except AX7 L versions.

There is never a dull moment with XUV. We should thank the infotainment for this . Many members have reported the issue regarding infotainment. Alexa getting stuck, blank screen e.t.c.;

I faced a peculiar problem, don't know, whether anybody here faced a similar issue. The reverse camera & 360° was not working on a fine day, reverse proximity sensor was working. Tried switching the ignition off and on multiple times, but the issue was still present. The blind view display was working in the MID. Contacted the service center and as usual they are proactive and told me to visit them. Couldn't do so as was on the verge of an outstation trip. So told them will visit after the trip. But surprise surprise after a run of 100 kms, it came back alive.

Why can't they provide a stable system even after one year? Also why they want to stick around with a loser like Vodafone India for providing connectivity?

Last edited by Vasuki : 30th June 2023 at 16:10.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 07:22   #8663

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyQP View Post
Hello Everyone,

Need some advice on sunfilm installation on XUV700. Mahindra advises not to install sunfilm on the front shield to avoid potential damage to the silver box due to seepage of soap water used during installation. Also GPS antenna issues. Is it possible to dry install, or best avoided? I badly need it since the car will run in and around Chennai on most days.

And what’s the approx cost of STEK NEX70 or 85 for XUV700, front rear w/s and windows. I’m getting a quote of 45k which seems steep. Any other suggestions? Which offers Atleast 50% TSER?

Thanks in advance

I have seen plenty of loaded XUVs on road with the issue and used to wonder whether this is normal. Will Wheel alignment correct it ? Or something to do with the independent suspension setup itself ? Just curious. I need to load up my XUV and check it myself.
Hi.. i have got 3M CR 70 installed on the front windshied..absolutely no issues with GPS..no water seepage as the dashboard was covered well by the applicator..as such not much liquid is used for installation..in summers it’s a boon to have sunfilm and it’s not noticeable at all..no issues in night driving, infact the 3M film reduces glare from oncoming vehicle headlights..on the window glasses i have got 3M CR90 which is almost transparent but reduces heat though lesser than 70..
roaringfours is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 18:25   #8664
BHPian

A month after my tweet to customer care & Mr Mahindra, I finally got the seq turn indicators fixed on my AX7L (the vehicle was purchased in Feb)
I was in and out of Sireesh Auto, Sighasandra within 45min (actual fitment hardly took 15min) - am thankful to Ms Mrudula, the SA for expediting this process and also Sireesh Auto management (CC head, Mr Prasad) for agreeing to install this on a vehicle not purchased from their dealership.

For now, I am a happy camper. Trust Mahindra to prolong the delivery experience, this long :-))

Under Ms Mrudula's watchful eyes
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230701_143842.jpg

Precious cargo onboard!
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230701_145115.jpg

Part nos and prices
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230701_144113.jpg

Last edited by kedar_GT : 1st July 2023 at 18:29. Reason: .
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 23:39   #8665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringfours View Post
Hi.. i have got 3M CR 70 installed on the front windshied..absolutely no issues with GPS..no water seepage as the dashboard was covered well by the applicator..as such not much liquid is used for installation..in summers it’s a boon to have sunfilm and it’s not noticeable at all..no issues in night driving, infact the 3M film reduces glare from oncoming vehicle headlights..on the window glasses i have got 3M CR90 which is almost transparent but reduces heat though lesser than 70..

Thank you. I have used 3MCR70 and Blaupunkt A70 in previous cars,for more than a decade and absolutely loved it in Middle East and in hot Chennai. Glare reduction is pretty good too. Should I go for STEK NEX70 or 3M CR70 ? Can anyone suggest the best in the market right now. I am looking for at least 70% visibility and maximum possible total solar energy reduction.
Old 2nd July 2023, 07:53   #8666

Hi.. can give you my personal experience after using Garware and 3M over last 15 years. 3M though a tad bit expensive but is overall better value for money especially if you intend keeping the car for 5 years or above. CR 70 has the best in class heat as well UV rejection parameters. Was even stopped at the traffic light in Delhi as Garware film was more visible with same transparency as 3M. Haven’t used Stek, so can’t comment on it’s performance. However, 3M seems to be a better bet. Happy driving!��
roaringfours is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 19:45   #8667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
[*]Due to the unreliable nature of Apple Carplay Wireless, I have ditched using my iPhone in favor of my Android phone since Android Auto Wireless works flawlessly for me and I have not faced disconnections much. Of course that meant that I had to transfer most of my data from my iPhone to Android but it was worth it to be able to use the stated function of the car without disruptions.[/list]
Ha! I have been using Android Auto in my car (AX7L AWD, Mar 2022) and still face disconnections. I haven't upgraded to the version with Apple CarPlay (I am on an old version - didn't want to beta test their latest release). Recently got an iPhone and was considering upgrade the version during the 20k service. But your message suggests I maybe stay on the old version...
Old 2nd July 2023, 20:29   #8668
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
So I took my car to the service centre today, and they drained the complete engine oil. It came out to be 7 L, i.e., 1 L more than the engine oil capacity of 6 L. So between the last service at 10k km and the current ODO reading of 18000km, 1L of oil got mixed with engine oil. Note that there was not a single dpf clogged warning during this time, so that means that my usage pattern is good for dpf regen. Now, I talked to the two coteks and the head of the coteks, and all of them said that this much mixing is permissible. I asked them to replace the engine oil and observe. I will be observing the engine oil level for the next 2500km until the time of the 20k service.
Diesel owners, please keep an eye on the engine oil level in your XUV as high oil level that too mixed with diesel won't throw any warnings but will definitely cause damage in the long run. If possible, please discuss this with any diesel engine or DPF experts you know and update here. Thanks
Image 1: Oil level at 18k kms, 6L oil was filled at 10kms
Image 2: Oil drain from engine is total 7L at 18k.

*@psbali, thanks for the reply but my in my case oil level is rising instead of decreasing.
DPF clogging after software update

During my last visit to the service centre (for the quoted issue), they did an EMS software update, supposedly to tackle the issue of diesel mixing in engine oil due to an aborted regeneration process. After that, I have been facing DPF-clogged errors, which I never faced in the last 17800 km. The first one was just after my visit at 17841 km, and another one today at 18008km. Is anyone facing this kind of problem? I think to solve one issue, they tweaked the software and created another issue. This reminds me of the problem faced by the initial Ecosport BS6 diesel owners. Please share your opinion/experience on this.
Old 3rd July 2023, 07:40   #8669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Ha! I have been using Android Auto in my car (AX7L AWD, Mar 2022) and still face disconnections. I haven't upgraded to the version with Apple CarPlay (I am on an old version - didn't want to beta test their latest release).
You can update to the latest version if you are still facing disconnects and plan to continue using Android Auto (AA). There are almost no disconnections while using AA wireless now. Sometimes if it doesn't auto-connect when starting the car, I just tap on the AA icon in my phone in the ICE's settings and the ICE starts AA without a fuss.

I just hope they fix Apple Carplay too in the next software update. It's not as bad as before but still disconnects randomly while driving the car.
wadewilson is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:04   #8670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl View Post
I wanted to ask are the sequential indicators being installed free of cost by Mahindra in the cars that didn’t come with it when there was chip shortage? The car in question is a September 2022 AX5 P AT(5 seater)
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
I am sorry @JSL, but Sept 22 AX5 is not eligible for RSI. It has been discontinued for all variants except the AX7L w.e.f. 01-06-2022. So you'll have to pay for the same.

The cost involved is Rs. 4250 x 4 parts; but you can try installing only the two parts fitted on the rear door. That way your cost would be half but the effect should be the same.

Strictly speaking M&M has instructed the dealers not to fit the RSI in cars that are not entitled for the same as a mark of product differentiation. But if you have good relation with the SA, you can easily get the same in your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
About 6 months back they discontinued giving sequential indicators to all models except AX7 L versions.

There is never a dull moment with XUV. We should thank the infotainment for this . Many members have reported the issue regarding infotainment. Alexa getting stuck, blank screen e.t.c.;

Why can't they provide a stable system even after one year? Also why they want to stick around with a loser like Vodafone India for providing connectivity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I just hope they fix Apple Carplay too in the next software update. It's not as bad as before but still disconnects randomly while driving the car.
I was facing similar issue and posted the pictures here in my ownership thread. After a software update the things were smooth for about a month or some more, but then the tantrums started again. I again reported to the local CCM of M&M and the matter was escalated.

Later on someone from the CC - Regional Office contacted and promised me that a new version of the sofware is due very soon (I have been told to wait till mid July 2023). Let us all hope that these common reported issues will be taken care in the latest software upgrade. Please be in touch with your Co-tek/ local CCM for the latest news on this update.
Sommos is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks