Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2023, 23:57   #9406
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Noise while steering reaches one end.

I am hearing a Tak noise about five degrees before the steering reaches the left most end. This happens intermittently and I couldn’t reproduce it at the ASC. Any suggestions to diagnose it? The ASC tightened all the related nuts under the car but wanted me to reproduce the issue for them to diagnose. It happened a few times later too.

Similarly, I categorically remember that both the end of the steering had a dampened effect and the Tak sound one would hear when the steering reaches one end was very muffled. Now the sound is prominent but the ASC mentions that it is normal. We checked a few vehicles at the ASC; some had it but some didn’t. Any suggestions?
Old 6th December 2023, 00:38   #9407

I noticed a peculiar sound from the engine that was very audible inside the cabin and sounded like "tak tak" somewhere near the belt, feeling like something was struck in the belt. I have recorded the sound of that tak tak from the engine, and the recording is attached at the bottom of the thread:

I visited Ananth Cars on Mysore Road for an inspection, and they were not able to come to a conclusion and were not ready to check in a day. They had requested that I leave the vehicle for 2 days, and the manager there started giving reasons like the server is not working to raise the issue with the Mahindra Tech team. I had a visit to Chrome Motors on Mysore Road later, as I needed this to be resolved, and I was surprised with the way they worked on this issue. Without any delay, they immediately flashed the EMS and tried changing the belt tensioner and the engine belt, and then found the culprit here was the vacuum pump and ordered a new one, which will be fit once it reaches them.

A great thanks to Mr. Dinesh Shetty, who managed to get this done in less than 3 hours of time and was satisfied with the way his team worked on this issue.

Will update once the vacuum pump is replaced.

SamarthaLS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 10:37   #9408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
1. Is there a chance of engine damage?
2. what’s the experience on dealing with such issues for insurance. I do have engine cover protection but not sure if they cover water damage due to floods.
While I cant comment on the engine damage I my journey with XUV has just started, I can tell you that if you have opted Engine Secure in your insurance, it covers natural calamities. You will probably pay 5 to 10% from your pocket depending on your insurance as deductibles. Plus if you have taken consumable expenses addon, you dont need to pay for any consumables as well.

I hope the floods recede soon. Let us know if your car could survive the floods.
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 16:03   #9409
BHPian

This is a trend in general, that the government has been pushing, particularly about big diesel cars. Now Global NCAP has also shared the same view. So what will be the future of SUVs like XUV 700!?
Read this article
blackdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:29   #9410

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Fellow owners - need some quick advise.
Yesterday my street got flooded in heavy Chennai rains. Since water level
Was raising in my area, I drove the car to higher ground and during that had to go through water level till windshield for about 1 minute (unwittingly)…I did not try starting the engine again and called up RSA now.
1. Is there a chance of engine damage?
2. what’s the experience on dealing with such issues for insurance. I do have engine cover protection but not sure if they cover water damage due to floods.
I feel for you dude..!
I am just about to receive my vehicle and was looking for various insurance quotations.

Below is a screenshot from goDigit insurance. So it think if you have engine cover, flood-related issues would be covered too. All the best!
Attached Images

Kptikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 16:08   #9411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
Wanted to check here if it's indeed true that Camber cannot be corrected by tyre service shops. If yes, is there anything I can do (maybe via Service Centre) to get it corrected?
Folks, would highly appreciate if you could share your thoughts/experience on this.

Thanks!
Old 7th December 2023, 19:10   #9412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
  • I feel Stainless Steel bumper protector looks too heavy & ruins the look, but it would be the best to protect the vehicle from the back. What's your opinion?
I'm sure many of you would've installed a rear bumper guard in your XUV. Do you think it will have a negative effect on the suspension in case of any hit from the back while on the road?

If the idea of a guard is to protect the rear bumper, isn't it like we are shifting the hit from bumper to suspension? Got this article link from the detailer on this topic, but it talks about front guard. Not sure if the same logic applies to the rear. Dealer says, why worry when it is Mahindra's original part!

By the way, I decided to go with PPF+Ceramic at this nice detailer, who has a great place & a good approach to detailing, with 10 years' warranty
Old 7th December 2023, 20:16   #9413
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure many of you would've installed a rear bumper guard in your XUV. Do you think it will have a negative effect on the suspension in case of any hit from the back while on the road?

If the idea of a guard is to protect the rear bumper, isn't it like we are shifting the hit from bumper to suspension? Got this article link from the detailer on this topic, but it talks about front guard. Not sure if the same logic applies to the rear. Dealer says, why worry when it is Mahindra's original part!
I did not go for the rear bumper guard even though the dealer tried everything to sell it to me - "Protects the rear of the car", "It is Mahindra Genuine Accessory so legal"; etc.

The reason I didn't go for it were:
1. It completely destroys the rear look of the car.
2. I have to pay for it as it is an accessory and then if it gets damaged, the insurance will not cover it unlike the rear bumper which is covered by insurance. So, I don't see any financial gain by it.
3. More importantly, it is a safety issue. I rather protect the occupants of the car than the rear bumper.
amahale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 21:22   #9414

So, this might be a first. I was driving my AX7L Petrol Automatic (2021 November model) from Noida to Lucknow a few days back. I had the car set on Cruise. After maybe 45-60 minutes the cruise switched off on its own and the check engine light came on and my driver side dash also flashed a warning asking me to check my engine. Then after a few minutes the check engine light went out all on its own without any interruption from my end. This happened like 3-4 times. My cruising speed was ~90km/h. Is this a software issue or something is genuinely wrong with my car?
ProBro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 08:55   #9415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProBro View Post
So, this might be a first. I was driving my AX7L Petrol Automatic (2021 November model) from Noida to Lucknow a few days back. I had the car set on Cruise. After maybe 45-60 minutes the cruise switched off on its own and the check engine light came on and my driver side dash also flashed a warning asking me to check my engine. Then after a few minutes the check engine light went out all on its own without any interruption from my end. This happened like 3-4 times. My cruising speed was ~90km/h. Is this a software issue or something is genuinely wrong with my car?
Did this issue occur only when you have been in Cruise for 45-60 mins continuously? If yes, then I think I read about this somewhere (maybe in this thread or the Scorpio-N thread), where someone else faced a similar issue and when checked with service center, they said its an expected behavior, though I don't think CEL should come. Better to check with your service center.
Old 8th December 2023, 14:27   #9416
BHPian

The drive mode button is erratic. Sometimes it does not work, usually at the start of the drive. Then we need to select through infotainment option by swiping up.

&Voila!! everything back to normal.

Weird are the ways of Mahindra XUV7OO, as said earlier there is never a day without some revelry.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 19:01   #9417

Quote:
By the way, I decided to go with PPF+Ceramic at this nice detailer, who has a great place & a good approach to detailing, with 10 years' warranty

Can you share the details of in Mumbai as I am in the same dilemma on PPF?
Old 9th December 2023, 11:46   #9418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Just spoke with my SA yesterday about the lack of usability of Alexa, he informed me that Mahindra is working on changing their e-sim network from VI to Airtel and ideally the update should be rolled out by the end of November. Hope that this update will allow us to use Alexa to its full potential.
Not sure if this most awaited change came through finally. However, for the past 2 weeks or so, I notice better e-sim performance in my car.

Earlier, whenever my car was parked in my basement parking, I would almost never be able to connect to the car via Adrenox Connect mobile app. This included not receiving the vehicle stop notification, when my vehicle was finally brought to rest after a trip in its designated parking slot in the basement. The app would show me the status as of 2-3 minutes before final parking, when the vehicle was out of the basement, where the e-sim was last able to latch on to the network.

However, recently, I notice much better coverage of the e-sim. More often than not (say, 7 out of 10 times), I am able to connect to my car via the Adrenox Connect mobile app, even when the vehicle is parked in my basement parking. Also, I have started receiving the vehicle stop notification more regularly whenever my car is parked in the basement parking. As far as I know, no new mobile signal booster has been installed in our basement parking recently.

Anybody else notice this change in performance of the e-sim in their vehicle? Any insights on how this improved performance might have come through? Is there any way to check if the e-sim is now migrated out of Vodafone Idea to some other (better) service provider?
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 13:07   #9419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
The drive mode button is erratic. Sometimes it does not work, usually at the start of the drive. Then we need to select through infotainment option by swiping up.
I think they haven’t clearly mentioned it anywhere in the user manual but this seems normal. When you crank the car first in the morning or after a prolonged rest during the day, you cannot use the drive mode button until about a km or two. By that time I see the engine temp rising and the usual warm routine done to take off the beast. That is the time I can switch the drive modes. While in City I sometimes use Zip mode to control myself from driving more than really needed and I have observed this behaviour. Me thinks its normal but may be an issue too!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 17:37   #9420
BHPian

Reverse cam shows blue screen most of the times (8/10 times) and proper reverse stream 2/10 times :( .. This is for ax5 model with Mahindra authorised reverse camera. SA suggested me to change reverse camera but it does not makes sense to me as the camera hardware seems to be fine and this seemed like a software issue. SA also informed me many ax5 camera had these issues. Any suggestion from fellow owners?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks