Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 20:01   #9526

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
What kind of noise is it? I have reported two issues to the ASC but they have been maintaining one of it’s normal but haven’t yet been able to reproduce the second one in front of them.

First issue is a hitting Tak sound which was well dampened earlier when the steering reaches extreme ends. This sound is common in many cars, especially the older ones but XUV700 used to behave as if a spring is there and it didn’t feel like there’s a hard physical stop.

Second issue is again an occasional Tak sound only on left side but before it reaches the end.
It's like a rusted bolt being tightened slowly. That happens while making a slow left with the steering and bringing it back .
Old 30th December 2023, 09:11   #9527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post

First issue is a hitting Tak sound which was well dampened earlier when the steering reaches extreme ends. This sound is common in many cars, especially the older ones but XUV700 used to behave as if a spring is there and it didn’t feel like there’s a hard physical stop.

Second issue is again an occasional Tak sound only on left side but before it reaches the end.
I am sure you guys must be following on the recent Scorpio N tragedy. The owner of that Scorpio N had also claimed that his vehicle was having this sound coming from steering when rotating to extreme ends accompanied by a grinding noise. The dealer denied the existence of any such noise and treated it as normal and common scenario in all vehicles. The entire tyre assembly came out while he was driving at cruising speeds at Samruddhi Expressway. Lately many Scorpio N owners have reported of the similar noise and wheel coming out of the assembly due to loosened bolts. Requesting the owners who suspect a similar noise to escalate this issue with the dealer and persuade him to fix it immediately.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 20:03   #9528

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
Dear bhpians,

This is my first post after my introduction post after gaining my membership. Thank you all for providing such a great review and updates about your ownership of beloved machine.
Hi,

Just a small piece of advise as I had received the car recently. My suggestion would be to wait for your preferred car as the delivery period of car has reduced to 1.5 months. I got it and even one of my friend. When I got the car delivery he said waiting period actuals has now come down to 2-3 weeks. So you can try your luck. All the best

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th January 2024 at 17:05. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please quote selectively as a large quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks!
amigo_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 20:10   #9529

From Dzire to Delight, with a few Detours: XUV 700 2 months review

I upgraded from my trusty 2017 Dzire ZDi+ to the mighty Mahindra XUV700 AX7L Diesel Automatic this Navratri. The Dzire served me well, but highway bumps and potholes on the long drives pushed me toward an upgrade. The ODO was at 51k on dzire at the time of taking XUV delivery.

Buying Experience:

It was a mixed bag. Pre-delivery inspection was smooth, but a minor paint scratch on delivery day dampened the excitement. Paperwork dragged 3-4 hours due to back-to-back deliveries. My BH series number dream was crushed as Jharkhand hadn't started issuing them, forcing me into a temporary registration (big mistake!).

Adding my touches:

I installed Mudflaps, rain visors, illuminating scuff plates, and the instrument panel protector. I got 3D floor mats from a local store which cost me 5k and installed an SD card for camera recordings (not as good as my old dash cam).

First Service and First Long Drive:

The first service was a breeze, mainly checking fluids and updating the system. The ~2,000 km round trip to Deoria from Jamshedpur was pure highway bliss. The potholes vanished, NVH was superb, and the Sony sound system rocked. Adaptive cruise control was fun on toll roads. 360-degree camera saved me in narrow lanes and off-road detours. Overall mileage hovered around 11.5-12.5 kmpl as the car was running with full load, 5 adults 2 kids, and full luggage.

The Accident and Repair Rollercoaster:

Disaster struck on a night drive to Ranchi. A dog jumped in front, causing significant damage to the front left side. Automatic emergency braking failed, indicating radar damage. The repair saga began:

Day 1: Service center, insurance claim started and approved.
Week 1: Delay due to out-of-stock radar. Took the car back without radar replacement.
Week 2: I discovered the Cornering light malfunction. The service center blamed calibration.
Week 3: Radar installed, calibration skipped due to occupied bay. Promised Saturday completion.
Saturday: Calibration is done, ADAS tested good. Fuel pipe recall addressed. The cornering light STILL not working!
Week 4: Fog lamp culprit identified and replaced (wrong one installed initially!). Total repair cost: 55k (58k if you count the wrong fog lamp!).

The BH Number Nightmare:

My temporary registration woes began with a misguided suggestion from the sales advisor. They promised to help with a BH number from Bihar, which turned out to be a false promise.

Initially, the RTO denied the BH number from temporary registration, they said it was not possible. BH number is for new vehicles only!! Back-to-back calls and discussions happened and then they agreed that it was possible. A month went by to get them to agree.
I submitted the required papers and it took a week to get it approved. Now the big shocker came: I was told to pay ~66k as registration tax for 2 years. This is almost double the actual tax. Upon inquiry and everything, it was found that they are calculating the tax on ex-showroom price with GST. However, the notification on BH number clearly says it should be the invoice value excluding GST. It took another 2 weeks to convince them and at last, I had to go there and meet the DTO personally. The officer agreed that it's a problem but they can't do anything directly. It was a system issue, they don't have the option to modify the price, it was fetching automatically from TR number where the price was fed with GST. The DTO asked the clerk to forward the complaint to the Patna HQ and I was asked to wait. To date, I'm waiting for it and I'm still running with the temporary number which is valid for 6 months. Will update the thread about the result of this saga.
Luffy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 17:17   #9530
BHPian

After the recent Scorpio-N incident, I am worried about the XUV700s suspension as well. The Tak Tak sound might be gone but the suspension is still very loud and boomy at times and something feels loose. As usual, Service centre says it's normal but it's something that has been bothering me quite a bit.

There have been some who say that - At this price, you have to compromise but after paying close to 30 Lakhs, why should we the consumer be asked to "compromise"? Shouldn't the company be actively working to ease customer's minds?

Would like to ask other BHPians if their XUV700 suspension also sounds loud while driving over some rough patches? Did your ASC take any proactive steps in this regard?
Old 31st December 2023, 17:33   #9531

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
After the recent Scorpio-N incident, I am worried about the XUV700s suspension as well. The Tak Tak sound might be gone but the suspension is still very loud and boomy at times and something feels loose. As usual, Service centre says it's normal but it's something that has been bothering me quite a bit.

There have been some who say that - At this price, you have to compromise but after paying close to 30 Lakhs, why should we the consumer be asked to "compromise"? Shouldn't the company be actively working to ease customer's minds?

Would like to ask other BHPians if their XUV700 suspension also sounds loud while driving over some rough patches? Did your ASC take any proactive steps in this regard?
Mine is new (3 months old) but I don’t have any such sounds. And I almost daily travel on rough patches for around 1 km, thanks to the road digging.
Old 31st December 2023, 19:46   #9532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Mine is new (3 months old) but I don’t have any such sounds. And I almost daily travel on rough patches for around 1 km, thanks to the road digging.
Thank you. Perhaps I need to force the ASC to change suspension components. The suspension crashing is getting too bad and has induced dashboard rattles as well despite my laid back driving style.
Old 31st December 2023, 20:15   #9533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
At the speeds of 120 kmph onwards you should be able to hear chimes continuously. In my 2022 Ax7L AWD, the speed chime comes only once at 80 kmph and then after 120 kmph it stays. I don't remember seeing the chimes at 100 kmph. Either we are missing something here or things have changed in latest rollouts
I can also confirm that in my AX7 L AWD. one chime at 80 and continuous "Overspeeding" chimes after 120.

I have seen that under hard acceleration, the speedo lags a bit occasionally ( not at all times ) and so it chimes a bit below 80 or near 120. I convinced myself that probably the vehicle has attained the speed, but speedo is lagging.

But it was always only 2-3 kmph difference for me, not 15-20 kmph. Better get the sensors checked.

Last edited by careind : 31st December 2023 at 20:29.
Old 31st December 2023, 20:49   #9534

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo_84 View Post
Hi,

Just a small piece of advise as I had received the car recently. My suggestion would be to wait for your preferred car as the delivery period of car has reduced to 1.5 months. I got it and even one of my friend. When I got the car delivery he said waiting period actuals has now come down to 2-3 weeks. So you can try your luck. All the bwst
Congratulations amigo_84 on your new drive!

I went ahead with the vehicle and is scheduled for delivery. I have asked for delivery on January 3rd. Registration is to be done on my district, the distance between showroom and RTO is about 3hours. So, I have told the dealer that I will be taking my car from the RTO itself as delivery , right after the registration process is done.

I will update about the accessories in next post as I'm still deciding on few things.

One question to existing owners, when was adrenox activated for you guys? I wanted it to get activated before delivery itself, to check the driving pattern but dealer told me that it will be activated the next day of delivery. I'm really concerned of how the car will be driven to the RTO by the driver assigned by the dealer. RTO is ~160kms from dealer showroom.

Is it possible for the dealer to activate the adrenox on the delivery day or even before that?

TIA
-ID
striker07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 20:54   #9535
BHPian

Quote:

My 700 turned 1 year old this December, though the suspension works a bit louder as compared to other vehicles in this price range but it is never too loud or haven't heard any noticeable tak-tak sound. What I mean to say that it is never too loud to complain about suspension noise. Just wanted to add that even though the suspension noise is louder it doesn’t compromise on performance of the suspension.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 21:33   #9536
BHPian

Quote:
I have upgraded from a Skoda Rapid which had a relatively softer suspension, and so everytime it went into a pothole or even a shallow crater on the road at slightly higher speeds, it made a godawful thud rattling the bonnet and the dash in the process.

Compared to that the XUV700 is silent and stable at decent speeds on potholes and craters. I have never felt uncomfortable with the muted 'tak' suspension noise, though it is definitely not the fluidic "thak" you get in the polo GT or the old Laura ( from my limited shotgun experiences where I felt the suspension was great).

It did get uncomfortably loud a couple of times when I went over deeper potholes at speed unintentionally. But normal rough roads, it is definitely a piece of cake and less noisier, but not buttery smooth though.
careind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 22:49   #9537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The engine oil prescribed in the manual for older batches (mine is June 22 manufactured) was Maximile Ultra. Sometime in 2023 M&M has changed it to Ultra V4 for all BS-6 vehicles.

It is unfortunate that your dealership is still not using the V4 for BS-6 cars. You can take up this issue with the CC and your local dealership for a long term perspective. I would suggest you change the engine oil with V4 as soon as possible.

I follow a practice of changing the engine oil at every 10K interval. I have used the V4 at my 20K service, even though engine oil change was not prescribed in the manual. Initial result was good as the engine noise and vibrations reduced and the running became smooth. But over a period of another 10K running I have noticed that the engine noise has increased slightly though the vibration etc. are not there. My car is at 29.5K now and I intend to change the oil again at 30K service.
This is how the engine sounds. More important is the steering noise that I have mentioned in the thread. Kindly listen to it and tell me what exactly can be the issue and is this something to worry about.

Old 1st January 2024, 08:18   #9538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
My 700 turned 1 year old this December, though the suspension works a bit louder as compared to other vehicles in this price range but it is never too loud or haven't heard any noticeable tak-tak sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
I have upgraded from a Skoda Rapid which had a relatively softer suspension, and so everytime it went into a pothole or even a shallow crater on the road at slightly higher speeds, it made a godawful thud rattling the bonnet and the dash in the process.

Compared to that the XUV700 is silent and stable at decent speeds on potholes and craters . . . It did get uncomfortably loud a couple of times when I went over deeper potholes at speed unintentionally. But normal rough roads, it is definitely a piece of cake and less noisier, but not buttery smooth though.
Thank you Liquid Thoughts and CareInd, I guess the loud nature of the suspension is something that is common across XUV700s. I guess it's something we'll have to live with. We had recently bought a Kia Seltos (Diesel GT Line) and it has ADAS, drive modes etc too. While the Mahindra sometimes takes ages to load the Drive Mode screen after starting the car, the Kia's drive modes can be changed immediately after starting the car. Also, being from North East, some patches of road in my locality are God awful - the Kia handles those roads with no noise from its suspension while the Mahindra's suspension is loud.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experiences guys and a Happy New Year 2024
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 15:52   #9539

Quote:
Congratulations amigo_84 on your new drive!

I went ahead with the vehicle and is scheduled for delivery. I have asked for delivery on January 3rd. Registration is to be done on my district, the distance between showroom and RTO is about 3hours. So, I have told the dealer that I will be taking my car from the RTO itself as delivery , right after the registration process is done.

I will update about the accessories in next post as I'm still deciding on few things.
Hey Congratulations on the decision to take the plunge and Wishing you a Happy Beasty Year

Adrenox was activated after the delivery of the car. In fact, I wasn't much concerned on the same. As for RTO, in Mumbai I had the one who got the preferred number and provided details post which registration was done which the dealer said is completely online process so didn't concern me much. The condition of the car was absolutely same post PDI till delivery.

Folks, Needed quick advice. Is there a way to fast charge your phone in USB A port at the front or Type C port in middle row?

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2024 at 16:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged
amigo_84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 10:45   #9540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One question to existing owners, when was adrenox activated for you guys? I wanted it to get activated before delivery itself, to check the driving pattern but dealer told me that it will be activated the next day of delivery. I'm really concerned of how the car will be driven to the RTO by the driver assigned by the dealer. RTO is ~160kms from dealer showroom.

Is it possible for the dealer to activate the adrenox on the delivery day or even before that?
In my case the Adrenox was activated at the time of delivery.

As far as I know, RTO process is now done online through the VAHAN portal.
Taking the car physically to the RTO was not done in my case, atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
This is how the engine sounds. More important is the steering noise that I have mentioned in the thread. Kindly listen to it and tell me what exactly can be the issue and is this something to worry about.

https://Youtu.be/8LnArtc-h_Y?si=FFhOoj3GheGoAaM_
Sorry, I could not hear any grinding noise when you were rotating the steering wheel. Check that your floor mat is not touching the steering rod inside the car.

Since you have doubts, post the video in tweeter tagging Anand Mahindra and M&M CC and convey your doubts. Hope someone will reach out to address your concern.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks