Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
11,450,311 views
Old 19th January 2024, 11:30   #9616
BHPian
 
impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 530 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Auto setting - In cold weather, ACC will switch to outside air by design in all the vehicles I have experienced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
Does turning the AC climate control ‘On’ turns the Recirculation mode ‘Off’ ?
I am assuming you mean 'Automatic Climate Control' or the auto button here. In XUV700, at least in my car and the earlier batches, auto switches on recirculation, not off. You can see this both on the physical button illumination and on the AC screen on AdrenoX. In auto mode, below 27C setting, only the main AC vents are switched on while above 27, the foot ones are switched on too.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:19   #9617
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 14
Thanked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I don't have an XUV700, I am asking the following Q, just out of academic interest...

...Traditionally, the ACC system has to accept a manual override for (iv) but still has to vary (i)(ii)(iii) on it's own, as required by demands from a/b/c ; ie still behave like an 'auto' system, even if it's not given the freedom to be 'fully auto'. Instead, ACC accepts a manual override for (iv) only if the user pulls it out of 'auto' and does the settings (i)(ii)(iii) as well, by hand (or remembers previous setting before it got switched off last time), which the computer never touches later ; ie it behaves like a pure manual system with no intelligence.
Thanks for detailing out the functionality and dependencies involved.

I think the problem statement is correct i.e turning on the ‘Auto’ mode turns Recirculation off unless the temperature is set to lowest.
Below are the screenshots-

1. Default Recirculation on -

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8136.jpeg

2. AC is turned on-
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8137.jpeg

3. Auto is turned on leading to Recirculation getting off

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8138.jpeg

4. Recirculation is again turned on leading to Auto getting off
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8139.jpeg

5. Both Auto and Recirculation are on when temperature is set to lowest
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_8140.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I am assuming you mean 'Automatic Climate Control' or the auto button here. In XUV700, at least in my car and the earlier batches, auto switches on recirculation, not off. You can see this both on the physical button illumination and on the AC screen on AdrenoX. In auto mode, below 27C setting, only the main AC vents are switched on while above 27, the foot ones are switched on too.
Mine is a Oct22 model. Please refer above post explaining the steps i am following. Not sure if i am missing out on some step or any setting.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th January 2024 at 14:27. Reason: Please avoid submitting posts one after the other. Use the EDIT and QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post, instead of posting back-to-back.
StraightDrive20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 15:06   #9618
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: COK\BLR\MYS
Posts: 3,655
Thanked: 10,372 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
Thanks for detailing out the functionality and dependencies involved.

I think the problem statement is correct i.e turning on the ‘Auto’ mode turns Recirculation off unless the temperature is set to lowest..
What is the outside temperature at that time? If its well below the set temperature then Auto mode will start with recirculation off and draw air from outside to remove the moisture inside the vehicle. This is how it should work for all vehicles in cold weather, especially in single digits.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 18:10   #9619
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 43
Thanked: 88 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
What is the outside temperature at that time? If its well below the set temperature then Auto mode will start with recirculation off and draw air from outside to remove the moisture inside the vehicle. This is how it should work for all vehicles in cold weather, especially in single digits.
Absolutely correct. Whenever the temperature is low or its foggy, I have seen even if the mode is Auto, it takes outside air by putting recirculation off. Initially I thought it's a problem and visited service centre for this. The service centre honestly was not aware of this and checked the A/C thoroughly , but could not identify any problem. I slowly understood it after observing the behaviour of the recirculation based on weather conditions.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 18:31   #9620
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 16
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Does anyone know of a Mahindra service center in Mumbai who is willing to install TPMS and sequential rear turn indicators to the AX5 model?

The center in Thane is flatly refusing but I've seen posts on the forum where other members have had some success in getting these installed.
Nikhil1406 is offline  
Old 19th January 2024, 22:41   #9621
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 14
Thanked: 20 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
What is the outside temperature at that time? If its well below the set temperature then Auto mode will start with recirculation off and draw air from outside to remove the moisture inside the vehicle. This is how it should work for all vehicles in cold weather, especially in single digits.
Absolutely, outside temperature is quite cold, mostly around 10 degrees and haven’t been more than 13-14 degrees during this observation period.
However, both Auto and Recirculation are enabled if the temperature is set to lowest (18 degrees i guess). Not sure what explains that.
StraightDrive20 is offline  
Old 19th January 2024, 23:08   #9622
RVR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: KA02 / TN43
Posts: 30
Thanked: 42 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
One more feature added to the list!
Here's the complete list of Adrenox features added in 2024
Mahindra XUV700 Review-adrenox-list.png

Though the list is long, there are still a lot of issues to be fixed
1. Fuel log keeps data for only 1 year after the last update. One bug I found here is that the Monthly log view totals up the fuel filled for the past year too. For eg: January data will be of Jan'23+Jan 24. (Dec'22 Fuel qty in the picture is total refuel for Dec'22 & Dec'23 combined)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fuel-log.jpeg

2. With recent update, maps in Adrenox app moved to Mappls. Result: 9/10 times I get a "Something went wrong -102" error. This was not the case earlier and used to work 10/10.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mappls-error.jpeg
RVR is offline  
Old 20th January 2024, 10:03   #9623
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Chennai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 4 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
2. With recent update, maps in Adrenox app moved to Mappls. Result: 9/10 times I get a "Something went wrong -102" error. This was not the case earlier and used to work 10/10.

Attachment 2561297
This proves that still Mahindra has sorted out the software and hardware issues happening for last 3 years. Any owners see major improvements in the football sound in the back, interim issues on the engine light, etc.?
AnanthOnWheels is offline  
Old 20th January 2024, 10:33   #9624
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Pune
Posts: 13
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

17 months of painful waiting



I have been struggling to convince my self to buy the new Safari after waiting for over 17th months for my XUV 700. I did a test drive of Safari and yes there are a few major updates but most of the features seem half baked, unpolished and lack attention. For example, even the Safari name on the bonnet seems a little misaligned in the test drive unit. The paddle shifters had a slight lag. Boot sensor motion almost always never worked and I found the ventilated seats had less power in comparison to other cars. Plenty more that others may have identified.

After a lot of thinking, I have decided to stick to XUV 700. The design, power and class of the vehicle does not seem to get over me. Yes it may have some flaws but things have improved and I would give Mahindra an edge in terms of its quality of service

Finally when my Sales Manager confirmed that delivery would happen by end of Jan, I come to know about the 2024 Mahindra update. Now I am wanting that because why should I compromise after waiting for almost 18 months. However the team cant confirm and they say its unlikely they will offer me the latest version. Interestingly, I was told that there was no Petrol AX7 L billed in December and they are still waiting. Could this be because of the upgrade ?

Can I in anyway get the new XUV 2024 as its very unfair to get an older model and I obviously cannot wait another 18 months to find a new 2026 model come up. My cycle will never end

Any advise, suggestions on how to get the new XUV 2024. I am from Pune
Luvforcars is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 11:46   #9625
BHPian
 
Zinger_Winger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bombay
Posts: 74
Thanked: 206 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post

17 months of painful waiting


Send an email to the M&M helpdesk mate, they'd be more than happy if someone who's waited for 17-18 months is willing to pay them more for the latest version (which isn't even a new variant). Shouldn't be too much of a challange IMHO.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 12:25   #9626
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Silvassa
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post

17 months of painful waiting



I have been struggling to convince my self to buy the new Safari after waiting for over 17th months for my XUV 700. I did a test drive of Safari and yes there are a few major updates but most of the features seem half baked, unpolished and lack attention. For example, even the Safari name on the bonnet seems a little misaligned in the test drive unit. The paddle shifters had a slight lag. Boot sensor motion almost always never worked and I found the ventilated seats had less power in comparison to other cars. Plenty more that others may have identified.

After a lot of thinking, I have decided to stick to XUV 700. The design, power and class of the vehicle does not seem to get over me. Yes it may have some flaws but things have improved and I would give Mahindra an edge in terms of its quality of service

Finally when my Sales Manager confirmed that delivery would happen by end of Jan, I come to know about the 2024 Mahindra update. Now I am wanting that because why should I compromise after waiting for almost 18 months. However the team cant confirm and they say its unlikely they will offer me the latest version. Interestingly, I was told that there was no Petrol AX7 L billed in December and they are still waiting. Could this be because of the upgrade ?

Can I in anyway get the new XUV 2024 as its very unfair to get an older model and I obviously cannot wait another 18 months to find a new 2026 model come up. My cycle will never end

Any advise, suggestions on how to get the new XUV 2024. I am from Pune
Because of all the waiting I was not even considering buying XUV700, but on 28th Dec just enquired at the dealership (Vapi, Gujarat) and they said I could get the car in 3-4 days flat, any color any model. I was surprised. I went ahead and booked and took delivery on 16th Jan (till 15th Jan mom said not to take delivery due to inauspicious days) though the car was ready to be delivered on 1st Jan. AXL D AT version.
kram21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 14:41   #9627
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Pune
Posts: 13
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
Send an email to the M&M helpdesk mate, they'd be more than happy if someone who's waited for 17-18 months is willing to pay them more for the latest version (which isn't even a new variant). Shouldn't be too much of a challange IMHO.
Sorry but could you provide the contact details of M&M helpdesk. I have blindly followed the showroom persons info and it seems that he is taking me for a toss.
Luvforcars is offline  
Old 20th January 2024, 14:43   #9628
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Pune
Posts: 13
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram21 View Post
Because of all the waiting I was not even considering buying XUV700, but on 28th Dec just enquired at the dealership (Vapi, Gujarat) and they said I could get the car in 3-4 days flat, any color any model. I was surprised. I went ahead and booked and took delivery on 16th Jan (till 15th Jan mom said not to take delivery due to inauspicious days) though the car was ready to be delivered on 1st Jan. AXL D AT version.

I was offered the Diesel variant as an immediate option the top trim which I declined due to my low running. Strangely this is effecting only Petrol models, if I have to believe the sales people.
Luvforcars is offline  
Old 20th January 2024, 16:24   #9629
BHPian
 
impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 530 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
However, both Auto and Recirculation are enabled if the temperature is set to lowest (18 degrees i guess). Not sure what explains that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If it’s well below the set temperature then Auto mode will start with recirculation off and draw air from outside to remove the moisture inside the vehicle. This is how it should work for all vehicles in cold weather, especially in single digits.
I got some time to explore it a bit today. The temperature at which it switches to recirculation or upper vent only vs upper and foot vent is dependent on ambient temperature. With an ambient temperature of 31C, it switches to both vents at 31.5 and switches off recirculation at HI/32.5. Earlier today, when the ambient temperature was lower, they were happening earlier. Looks like the switches are happening when it crosses ambient temperature and X degrees around ambient temperature respectively. I guess that explains why you get recirculation ON at LO only; LO and HI are treated as extreme ends.
impala is offline  
Old 20th January 2024, 20:29   #9630
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Silvassa
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
XUV700 Ambient Lights & Dashcam

Friends,

Does installing ambient lights voids warranty in XUV700 and if anyone has done the same please let me know. As I asked the dealership sales person, he advised against it. Also please suggest dashcam options and how do I install the same.

Regards
kram21 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks