Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:08   #9541

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo_84 View Post
Hey Congratulations on the decision to take the plunge and Wishing you a Happy Beasty Year

Adrenox was activated after the delivery of the car. In fact, I wasn't much concerned on the same. As for RTO, in Mumbai I had the one who got the preferred number and provided details post which registration was done which the dealer said is completely online process so didn't concern me much. The condition of the car was absolutely same post PDI till Delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
In my case the Adrenox was activated at the time of delivery.

As far as I know, RTO process is now done online through the VAHAN portal.
Taking the car physically to the RTO was not done in my case, atleast.
I'm not sure how things work with the registration process here in Tamilnadu. I did get an OTP from VAHAN and dealer asked for the same to complete the registration process. And then, the car will be taken to RTO for registration to be completed which is scheduled for tomorrow. I will be driving away the car from the RTO after the registration process is done. I was told that the number will be received by the same day evening.
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:09   #9542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post
One question to existing owners, when was adrenox activated for you guys? I wanted it to get activated before delivery itself, to check the driving pattern but dealer told me that it will be activated the next day of delivery. I'm really concerned of how the car will be driven to the RTO by the driver assigned by the dealer. RTO is ~160kms from dealer showroom.

Is it possible for the dealer to activate the adrenox on the delivery day or even before that?

TIA
-ID
Since Adrenox involves e-SIM, there is KYC required for the dealer to activate. There is no requirement for new cars to be driven to RTO for registration as everything is online now.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:30   #9543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker07 View Post

One question to existing owners, when was adrenox activated for you guys? I wanted it to get activated before delivery itself, to check the driving pattern but dealer told me that it will be activated the next day of delivery. I'm really concerned of how the car will be driven to the RTO by the driver assigned by the dealer. RTO is ~160kms from dealer showroom.

Is it possible for the dealer to activate the adrenox on the delivery day or even before that?
Adrenox was activated at the time of delivery, in my case.

Surprised to hear that the dealer has to take the car to the RTO for physical inspection. The VAHAN online portal has become the one-stop-shop for all documentation, thus eliminating the need for RTO visits entirely. Please check this with the dealer once again.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:57   #9544
BHPian

Folks

Is there a difference in the DEF from different OEM's or can any branded DEF be used interchangeably across manufacturers as long as it's ISO 22241-1?
Need to top off the the XUV700 's DEF tank but can't find Mahindra's Maxiclean online; Tata, Gulf etc DEF is available though & the Mahindra ASC is far away. Any experience with using non Mahindra DEF ?

Thanks!
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:21   #9545

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Since Adrenox involves e-SIM, there is KYC required for the dealer to activate. There is no requirement for new cars to be driven to RTO for registration as everything is online now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Adrenox was activated at the time of delivery, in my case.

Surprised to hear that the dealer has to take the car to the RTO for physical inspection. The VAHAN online portal has become the one-stop-shop for all documentation, thus eliminating the need for RTO visits entirely. Please check this with the dealer once again.
In Tamilnadu, the cars are to be taken to RTO for physical inspection of engine and chasis number. Once the RTO inspector verifies, only then the registration is completed while all other processes are done online. Just now checked this with my dealer.

And for Adrenox, it seems they need to get the registration papers to be uploaded and the vehicle must be marked completed from the dealer side for the Adrenox to be activated. I'm not sure what this means. I am ready to wait for another day.

What really concerns me is how the car will be driven for 160 odd kilometers by the driver assigned by the dealer to bring the car to the RTO.

BIG day tomorrow!
Old 2nd January 2024, 14:12   #9546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
How can we get a replacement for the HSRP sticker ? Any ideas ?
Many states have an online portal where you can order either the HSRP or the sticker separately, so check that once. Otherwise try contacting your SA, they'll be able to help surely.
In my case, we don't have any online portal so called the SA at the dealer and he put me in contact with the person who provides the sticker for new deliveries. Paid Rs.150 (re-issuance fee) and he sent the sticker to my address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo_84 View Post
Hi Folks, Needed a quick advise is there a way to fast charge your phone in USB A port at the front or Type C port in middle row.
USB C port in the middle row is the fast charging port. USB A in the front is slow charging one.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:09   #9547

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
I have AEB enabled at all times (city as well as highway drives), it has helped a couple of times in the city when two-wheelers and auto rickshaws suddenly came in front of my car. If I didn't have it enabled, there would've been a collision for sure.

On highway drives when the road is not too congested, I use Adaptive Cruise Control often. It decreases the fatigue in my leg, helps cover very long distances comfortably (although I have to say this car is comfortable on long distances even without ACC enabled). I've also noticed that the mileage is slightly better with ACC enabled.
Thank you my man. So AEB and ACC are must haves in the city. How is the battery faring? Does it cope up with the daily ADAS usage or is it depleting too fast? Heard from many users on this forum regarding this issue. Others are welcome to weigh in as well!
Also guys, my car will mostly be 60% chauffer driven and 40% owner driven. Any advice to give the chauffer regarding driving this car? Would be well appreciated.
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:04   #9548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperPara42 View Post
Thank you my man. So AEB and ACC are must haves in the city. How is the battery faring? Does it cope up with the daily ADAS usage or is it depleting too fast? Heard from many users on this forum regarding this issue.
I find AEB to be a must in the city. ACC is something I enable only on highways, that too when the road is mostly congestion free.

Battery seems fine, haven't had any battery related issues in my 13 months of usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperPara42 View Post
Also guys, my car will mostly be 60% chauffer driven and 40% owner driven. Any advice to give the chauffer regarding driving this car?
If you intend to keep ADAS on, you could give a training on it, if the driver doesn't know already. Other than this, the car is pretty easy to drive.

Mine being with a Diesel engine, the only thing I tell other people (in the rarest of rare cases where they get to drive my car) is to warm up the engine for a minute before starting driving and avoiding turbo hot shutdown (https://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/...o-charged-cars).
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:10   #9549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Took Delivery of My XUV 700 - AX5 D AT 7 str
Quote:
Upgraded XUV's Audio Setup

Finally got around upgrading the audio system. This was done in two stages due to time constraints.

To reiterate: I have a AX5 D AT 7 seater. AX5 comes with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. There are two empty slots available. One in dashboard which is an ideal place for a midrange speaker (to cover the vocals - mid) and one in boot which is an ideal place for a 6' subwoofer.

That's it from me .

Cheers!
In a course of 2 months (approx) I have driven 5,000 kms.

Further upgrades done to my XUV :
  1. Dashcam :- Dashcam was need of the hour and I went with 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam. I have gotten it connected via fusebox to enable parking surveillance as well. I have used this dashcam earlier with my Harrier and is currently using it with Thar so it's a tried and tested product.
  2. Ambient Lights :- Blaupunkt Ambient Light (18 set) has been installed. I like the look and it comes with 1 year warranty. The car's luxury quotient has gone up a notch. Initially I thought it might look a bit over the top but post installation the lights are looking really good.
  3. Rear Guard :- After driving the car for a month in Pune and Indore (specially indore but this deserves another rant) i thought it would be in my best interest to get a rear guard installed from Mahindra.
  4. Illuminated Scuff Plates :- I liked the way it looks hence got it installed.
  5. TPMS :- I got tyre pressure monitoring system installed from Mahindra itself and now I can see the tyre pressure and temperature in MID itself, similar to how it's visible in AX7. Happy with the installation. It's pretty accurate so far.

Next set of upgrades are folding ORVM and some interior fabrication.

That's it from me.

Cheers !

Last edited by BleueNinja : 3rd January 2024 at 19:12.
BleueNinja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 21:00   #9550
BHPian

Quote:
  1. Dashcam :- Dashcam was need of the hour and I went with 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam. I have gotten it connected via fusebox to enable parking surveillance as well. I have used this dashcam earlier with my Harrier and is currently using it with Thar so it's a tried and tested product.

2. TPMS :- I got tyre pressure monitoring system installed from Mahindra itself and now I can see the tyre pressure and temperature in MID itself, similar to how it's visible in AX7. Happy with the installation. It's pretty accurate so far.
I have tried service stations in Nagpur and Ahmedabad and they have no clue on how to install TPMS. Could you let me know where you got TPMS installed? Was it in Pune or Indore? Also, the place where you got hard wiring done to enable parking surveillance. Thanks!
Old 4th January 2024, 10:51   #9551

Got delivery of my AX7L D AT yesterday.

The car was in good condition. I did found a small scratch on right side front fender near the wheel arch.
Not sure if the damage was was due to small plants as told by my SA or actual scratch on paint. Felt like small blisters on the paint. SA told he will polish it when I go in for my 1st service.

I was happy that the car was not having any major visible issues/dents as I already ranted about my PDI experience, which did not happen but still I decided to go ahead with the delivery as I was pushing for a car to be delivered earlier than my actual allotted car.

My delivery was done within ~3 weeks time and thanks to my SA and 2 dealers who tried to allot me a car and get is delivered sooner than expected.

Can anyone tell me about the car covers which you have got for 700?
Premium cover from Mahindra was quoted 4400. I'm looking for reliable good cover for my car as it will be parked in the open on road side. It will accumulate lot of dust, hence planning to go for car cover. I did search the forum and found out about coverwell car covers. Wanted to get the expert opinions on the covers. TIA

Happy Motoring to all tbhp owners!
Cheers!

-ID
Old 4th January 2024, 12:17   #9552
BHPian

Following is my feed back to Mahindra on the link I recieved inWhatsapp.
Link... https://z.helo.ai/hXH2KZ

Vehicle needs to be updated immediately to eliminate the constant stream of niggles.

Suspension needs to be improved to eliminate sounds like "football in the boot" and the rude jerks felt while going over the speed breakers etc. Does not give the feel of a premium vehicle. Even smaller economy models have better suspension.

All electronics needs to be updated. Audio system is erratic. Playing songs from USB port is unreliable. Many times it suddenly fails to read USB drive. Need to plug out and re plug in the USB device. USB drives are getting damaged.

USB port charging is problematic. Charging from USB port is so slow that If running AndroidAuto simultaneously for maps, phone shuts off after a few hours drive.

Wireless charging is so hopeless and it causes over heating of the phone. Such heating of phone surely leads to phone / battery failure.

In built maps does not work even in city. Vi network connectivity is pathetic.
Google Maps with AA also unreliable and hangs in long drives. It does not work even after many phone & car Resets.
Attached Images

lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 13:55   #9553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
More important is the steering noise that I have mentioned in the thread.
While this may sound silly, can you please check whether the floor mats are fouling with the steering rod?
Old 4th January 2024, 17:51   #9554
BHPian

I was at the service centre recently for my 3rd Service where i brought up the issue about Apple Maps not being projected to the MID when CarPlay is used. After my CoTek followed up with Mahindra, we learnt that this is a known issue among the early batches of cars that were delivered in 2021/2022. I have been told that a new update may be released sometime this month or next, not too sure.

For those wondering what I am talking about, you can refer the below conversation and video.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5625632 (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
Hello normaltusker,

Glad that you are the latest software.

I have made a video to help you here https://Youtu.be/eB2_iUr9j2M

Hope the above video helps.
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 23:31   #9555

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
USB C port in the middle row is the fast charging port. USB A in the front is slow charging one.
Hi, I tried with a Type C to C cable in middle row on my OnePlus Device. It's working like a regular slow charging. Folks, Any advise here will be welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks