Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 12:26   #9601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post

This is the feature I miss the most in XUV700. Having used it before, I just cannot get used with the anti-glare capabilities of the manual mirror. Also, the fixed flip is not aligned based on how I place the seat; I have to adjust the mirror each time I flip between ant-glare mode and normal mode. To top all that, the finish and size of the manual IRVM itself is bad. It just covers the rear windshield if you push the seats back and also vibrates providing an unsteady view on highways unless the road is butter smooth. The finish on the edges looks like some aftermarket accessory!
Oh! this seems like a significant issue. It not just absence of auto dimming IRVM, but the basic IRVM is also not great. @Impala I had shortlisted XUV700 post lot of test drives & deliberation. Is this something which can be lived with on day to day basis or should I rethink the decision ? Also, requesting other Bhpians to weigh in with their feedback.
Old 16th January 2024, 12:34   #9602
BHPian

I faced an issue yesterday when I visited my friends place; I unlocked the car sat in the drivers seat, my friend sat in the co-passenger seat. When I tried turning on the ignition by pressing the Start/Stop button, I got an error in the instrument cluster, asking me to keep the key fob in the key tray. I did that and tried the ignition again but got the same error. I tried multiple times but no luck.

While I was trying the ignition again, my friend, who had kept his keys in the bottle holder, took them and was about to get down and viola the ignition and then the engine started. I thought to myself that it was a one-off issue but after driving a while I had to stop the car and when I tried to start again, the same issue

My friend who had again kept his keys in the bottle holder took them out from there and moved it towards the window. I tried to start the car and it worked.

My friends key was for his Scorpio-N which might have been causing some kind of interference with my Key Fob and hence not allowing me to start the car.

Last edited by amahale : 16th January 2024 at 12:37.
amahale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 14:57   #9603
BHPian

3 days back I saw 'Key Fob battery low' warning on the dahboard when I unlocked the car. It disappeared after I started the engine and didn't see in subsequent drives. I don't see it in Alert history as well.

Mine is Apr 2022 model Petrol AX7 with 10k on the odo.

I am very surprised to see this warning in just 2 years. For ex., my 2012 Figo TDCi key fob still runs fine on OEM supplied battery.
Old 16th January 2024, 20:32   #9604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
I “re tried” this on my car today. When the car is on, I need to keep the button depressed to make it reach the desired position. The 2-press method listed above does not work.

When the car is in acc mode, as mentioned above, a single press is enough to make it go to the set position.

Cheers
I too retried . You are right that the 2-press method does not work in ACC mode or when the engine is running.

The 2-press method works when both acc mode and the engine are off
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 21:34   #9605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
It not just absence of auto dimming IRVM, but the basic IRVM is also not great. Is this something which can be lived with on day to day basis or should I rethink the decision ?
During day it’s not a big deal. While you would notice the slightly shaking image on the mirror, it does not hamper safe driving. You may even learn to ignore it.

During night drives I leave the mirror on normal mode unless the car behind me is blinding me. I such a condition, I flip and the adjust mirror to night mode. The image on the mirror then is pretty useless; you are driving with limited rear vision. Also note, while you flip the mirror, the day mirror will be pointing towards the rear seat. With slightest illumination from, say the oncoming traffic, you would see a clearer image of the white rear seat on the mirror; a vague image of the headlights of the car behind you super imposed on it.

While this annoys me, I would still go with this car. It’s pretty amazing otherwise.

Only manual dimming IRVM I have used before is of Ignis. I had felt that the night images are sufficiently clear on that car.

Last edited by impala : 16th January 2024 at 21:36.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 12:24   #9606
BHPian

Instead of launching a 2024 model, wish Mahindra had spent more time and shown better inclination at resolving the niggles of us existing owners!

It's ridiculous that the company and it's service centres are still in denial regarding the infamous "Football-in-the-boot" issue which is omnipresent in all XUV700s! It's been 2 years with the car now and every time I fill up the tank, the first couple of days bring an instant frown because of this unsettling noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
3 days back I saw 'Key Fob battery low' warning on the dahboard when I unlocked the car. It disappeared after I started the engine and didn't see in subsequent drives. I don't see it in Alert history as well.

Mine is Apr 2022 model Petrol AX7 with 10k on the odo.

I am very surprised to see this warning in just 2 years. For ex., my 2012 Figo TDCi key fob still runs fine on OEM supplied battery.
Happened with me a couple of months back. Was appalled to see it too. Anyway, please replace the batteries in the key fob without delay; if you want to avoid getting stranded somewhere. This can be easily done at home in 5 mins.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 13:14   #9607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha photon View Post
How can we get a replacement for the HSRP sticker ? Any ideas ?
There are options of doing this online. You can order the sticker alone or the sticker with the front and back registration plates. I have applied for a replacement of sticker and plates in the month of Dec 2023 and on the date of replacement i was again asked to resubmit all documents over a mail to the supplier (bookmyhsrp.com). I am still waiting for the plates to be delivered to the dealer. I am talking about Bangalore.
Old 17th January 2024, 16:49   #9608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
How to turn off the 'Service Due Reminder' alert? The third service was completed a month back but now I am getting the alert. Unfortunately Mahindra service centers in Tamilnadu are closed for few days for Pongal.
Put your vehicle key in key hole . Do Not Start vehicle. Then Press Enter Switch on Right side of your dashboard where you select options configurations on your driver screen dashboard.

While pressing this enter button for more than 5 seconds, move the key to ignition mode. It should resolve the issue.
Joy73US is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 22:53   #9609

Does turning the AC climate control ‘On’ turns the Recirculation mode ‘Off’ ?

I recently observed the above happens with my Car (AX7L).
90% of time, my comfort settings are :
- climate control off
- Recirculation on
- fan speed low
- air throw set to upper body only
- temperature 24 degrees

However, in the cold weather these days in the North, this setting causes moisture deposits on the wind shield and window panes in no time. Though I can use the defogger, it disturbs my preferred air flow and isn’t very comfortable for me.

This led me to start using the Climate Control feature but to my surprise the Recirculation turns Off as soon as I press the CC On button. I experimented with the temperature level and realised both CC and Recirculation remain ‘On’ when the AC temperature is kept at absolute minimum (Lo). Even if it is increased by .5 degrees, the Recirculation turns ‘Off’ which isn’t preferred at all considering the high pollution levels outside.
Has anyone figured out a workaround? I clearly remember my Honda City climate control used to run all the time with Recirculation on.
Old 18th January 2024, 12:08   #9610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
but the basic IRVM.
Is the IRVM basic? Yes
Is the finishing crude? Yes
Are the IRVM vibrations noticeable in the night? Yes

Do these affect night time driving abilities? No.

The headlights on this thing are just brilliant, haven't heard any user report them as inadequate compared to its competitors (Safari, even the facelifted one). A couple of flashes is all it takes for most slow cars in the fast lane to give way; the same ones that won't budge in daylight. The brakes' and suspension's response during rapid deceleration is confidence inspiring as well, so I don't think this IRVM thingy is a deal breaker.
Old 18th January 2024, 13:20   #9611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
During day it’s not a big deal. While you would notice the slightly shaking image on the mirror, it does not hamper safe driving. You may even learn to ignore it.

During night drives I leave the mirror on normal mode unless the car behind me is blinding me. I such a condition, I flip and the adjust mirror to night mode. The image on the mirror then is pretty useless; you are driving with limited rear vision. Also note, while you flip the mirror, the day mirror will be pointing towards the rear seat. With slightest illumination from, say the oncoming traffic, you would see a clearer image of the white rear seat on the mirror; a vague image of the headlights of the car behind you super imposed on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
Is the IRVM basic? Yes
Is the finishing crude? Yes
Are the IRVM vibrations noticeable in the night? Yes

Do these affect night time driving abilities? No.
so I don't think this IRVM thingy is a deal breaker.
Thanks Vtach and Impala for sharing your detailed observations. So IRVM is not a deal breaker then. I'm going to check out the 2024 model in showrooms to see if they have made any updates w.r.t IRVM.
Old 18th January 2024, 17:36   #9612
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
This led me to start using the Climate Control feature but to my surprise the Recirculation turns Off as soon as I press the CC On button. I experimented with the temperature level and realised both CC and Recirculation remain ‘On’ when the AC temperature is kept at absolute minimum (Lo). Even if it is increased by .5 degrees, the Recirculation turns ‘Off’ which isn’t preferred at all considering the high pollution levels outside.
I don't have an XUV700, I am asking the following Q, just out of academic interest.

Traditionally, 'auto AC' or ACC is supposed to adjust:

(i) mixing hot and cold air in a ratio that it determines (temp of air coming out)
(ii) relative proportion of 3-way distribution of air (windshield, face, feet, +additional 'steering' in case there are 'zones')
(iii) blower fan speed (volume of air)
(iv) source air (fresh air from outside car, or recirculation from within cabin)

depending ONLY on

(a) user set temp
(b) outside ambient temp
(c) extent of greenhouse effect as instructed by solar sensor

W.r.t what you are describing, am I grasping the problem definition correctly?

Traditionally, the ACC system has to accept a manual override for (iv) but still has to vary (i)(ii)(iii) on it's own, as required by demands from a/b/c ; ie still behave like an 'auto' system, even if it's not given the freedom to be 'fully auto'. Instead, ACC accepts a manual override for (iv) only if the user pulls it out of 'auto' and does the settings (i)(ii)(iii) as well, by hand (or remembers previous setting before it got switched off last time), which the computer never touches later ; ie it behaves like a pure manual system with no intelligence.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 18:29   #9613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Traditionally, the ACC system has to accept a manual override for (iv) but still has to vary (i)(ii)(iii) on it's own, as required by demands from a/b/c ; ie still behave like an 'auto' system, even if it's not given the freedom to be 'fully auto'. Instead, ACC accepts a manual override for (iv) only if the user pulls it out of 'auto' and does the settings (i)(ii)(iii) as well, by hand (or remembers previous setting before it got switched off last time), which the computer never touches later ; ie it behaves like a pure manual system with no intelligence.
Auto setting - In cold weather, ACC will switch to outside air by design in all the vehicles I have experienced. Even if they have a separate auto switch for the air recirculation like BMWs for instance, it would still do this to prevent moisture build up.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 19:48   #9614
BHPian

All i want to say is - you are amongst a chosen few - please feel blessed and Happy Motoring !!!
Old 18th January 2024, 22:09   #9615
BHPian

Going by the ownership reviews on this forum, I've started to feel that Mahindra is taking good leaps in terms of after sales. Still a long way to go, but the change is considerable, especially with respect to Tata.

Hope they reach atleast Honda levels of satisfaction, if not Toyota/ Hyundai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks