Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2024, 18:18   #9706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
This calculation was very straightforward and effective pre-BS6 era where there was no DPF to worry. Now we have to factor in the cost of regen / ad blue / filter replacement if clogged or damaged which is quite expensive. Along with that the unknown future of diesel engine coupled with resale prospect, the mathematics alone is not enough to tilt the scale in favor of diesel.
My use case for diesel:
  • I am from Bengaluru, I can safely use diesel car for 10 years even with NGT ban if applied.
  • After 5-6 years, I can still sell it in tier2 cities within Karnataka for a decent price.
  • I don't worry about DPF as I do highways every month and I have II car for for short city runs. (I don't know how expensive is clogged DPF issue however)
  • XUV7OO AX5 AT Petrol is 1L less than XUV7OO AX5 AT Diesel, so need to wait for break even

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
You forgot to factor in the higher initial cost of diesel car & higher service bills. That should give a better idea.
I have considered 1L more for XUV7OO AX5 AT Diesel as quoted in Bengaluru on-road prices, hence the mention of break even

I son got DL recently, he is also driving enthusiast like me, so our car usage would definitely increase in coming years, so inclined to diesel.

Use case may vary person to person and city to city.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 12:41   #9707
BHPian

I will prefer if my pocket permits Diesel any time.

Simply because of awesome torque it delivers along with milage.

I had Xylo, XUV 500 in my garage.I can definitely say Mahindra has mastered art of making diesel engines.
They are so refined.
Vijay T is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 15:09   #9708

My dealership is asking me to make 90% payment after which they will allocate me the car. They told me I will be allowed to do the PDI and the registration will be done if I approve. I will be getting the new 2024 model

So what will be the process from now? Should I make the payment ? Can someone guide me what would be the next steps
Old 5th February 2024, 00:36   #9709
BHPian

XUV 700 AX7 L AWD - 2024 Model with Ventilated Seats Delivered

Booking Date : 20-Jan-2024
Delivery Date : 04-Feb-2024

Decision Journey

I have been driving my Hyundai Creta Diesel Manual SXO for past 8+ years which I had purchased in 2015 when Creta was launched in Indian Market. When it was launched, only Manual came with Top Trim (6 airbags, All 4 Alloys & Larger entertainment system) while AT was introduced one spec lower.

Before this I had Suzuki Wagon R (2004-2010) and Honda Jazz (2010-2015) both Petrol vehicle.

While Creta is still running fine with most of the visits to ASC only being for annual service ( Changed all 4 tyres to Yokohama, Battery changed to Amaron and A/C compressor had to be replaced), knee pain on my left me kept convincing me that i have to switch to an AT

Was interested in Jeep Compass when 4x2 was launched lat last year with A/T. However at that point of time i was not sure if i need to buy a new car.

What triggered this process was Hyundai teasing Creta Facelift early Jan with launch date scheduled for 16-Jan. Had a quick discussion at home and since we liked our Creta and the new FL was expected to come with all creature comforts (based on recent Seltos), I pre-booked on 2nd day after Hyundai started receiving bookings.

Every day there used to be YouTube leak on the exterior, interior etc ….Finally the Launch happened and got the prices from my dealer same day…it was quoted 26L for Dual Tone Diesel Automatic SXO. In the same week I could make a short visit to the showroom and saw the car in flesh. While everyone was going gaga over interiors and mixed reactions on exteriors…for me exterior appeared very matured and for my liking while interiors looked bit rushed. The plastic reminded us of our 2005 Wagon R and we decided same day that we will not pursue Creta FL.

I decided that if i am spending 26L, better stretch and get a bigger car which will be upgrade both on features and size.

So I short listed Tata Safari Accomplished+ Dark#, XUV 700 AXL 7 AWD and Jeep Compass 4x2 and started visiting the showrooms over weekend.

Safari dealer didn’t had any vehicle for Test drive (Demo vehicle break down) but confirmed he has 2023 (Dec) top end Dark# but he can’t offer any discount other than Insurance.

From there I travelled to Mahindra Showroom (knowing long waiting periods), but I was surprised to know that they have two 2024 vehicles in transit - one White AX7L Diesel A/T and another Mid Night Black AX7 L AWD and can be offered since the customers who booked earlier are no more interested.

I requested them to hold both the vehicles for 1 day and next day I visited the Mahindra showroom with family. My wife gave an immediate thumbs up for XUV and we took first test drive. I was surprised for such a large vehicle, it drives like an hatch back. Dealer after some negotiation offered 50K discount (note : while these were 2024 VIN models, they were not with ventilated seats) on both the vehicles with Insurance also reduced to around 80K. We booked non-AWD AX7 L variant.

On Sunday night I got to know that Mahindra has promised that New XUV 700 (with Ventilated seats) will be delivered in 12-14 weeks. Monday, I again called up the dealer and asked him to check and confirm if the vehicles in transit from factory were with or without Ventilated seats. He confirmed that they are without ventilated seats. I informed him that he can release these vehicles and I will wait for newer variant….while he sounded disappointed and also tried to scare me that delivery for new variants will happen only after 5-6 months, I insisted and he had to agree.

Knowing that there will be delay, I went and took test drive of Tata Safari. While I liked the vehicle very much, the dealer was not ready to negotiate a price and give me a Proforma invoice unless I book the vehicle. He also informed that from 1st Feb Tata is hiking prices and there is no price guarantee.

Then I moved to Jeep showroom and met the SA with whom I was discussing, only over whatsapp, since launch of 4x2 A/T and took a Test drive. Very impressed and the size makes it perfect for city drive with crowded traffic like in Bangalore. But when I started discussing prices, same story…”Discounts were offered in Dec for Vin 2023 vehicles……. no discount on 2024 vehicles…..Proforma invoice can be sent only after booking”. Also the 2023 vehicles they had in stock were lower variants and I was particular about Top end Model S.

A day later, When I was casually talking to my SA from Mahindra, he informed that there is an 2024 AWD model with Ventilated seats in transit and he would check if customer against whose name it is allocated is still interested.
In 20 mins he confirmed that previous customer has sought another 3 months and given a go ahead to release the vehicle to any other potential buyer. But the sad part was that dealer informed that 50K discount that was offered is no more available with refreshed version.

Same time I see that Jeep dealer SA has sent many whatsapp messages informing that there is one 2023 VIN white (but 2024 design) in transit. When I visited the showroom, i had noticed that the white compass looks very good compared to the dull white compass (pre-2021/22) we see on roads. Since he was always stating that he can offer good discounts on 2023 VIN models, I asked if can he send a good price. If he had sent the price at that time with discount, who knows I might have gone ahead with Jeep Compass 4x2 White Model S. Instead he asked me to come to their showroom, make booking with 25K and then he will discuss with his manager and get me a good price.

I can understand that before launch when you do a pre-booking, you are taking a risk with the price. However I did not like this approach with both Tata and Jeep dealers that they were asking to make the booking first to work out a good discount.

Finally over phone I spoke to my Mahindra dealer SA’s manager and she offered 10K discount. Quickly had a chat with wife and confirmed back to the dealer.

With Loan process, PDI etc …it was agreed that Sunday 04-Feb will be delivery date. For someone who never thought of XUV 700 because of the waiting periods, ended up getting a vehicle with color of choice, variant of choice and refreshed model in 15 days from date of booking.

Posting few pics taken during PDI (first think i checked was if ventilated seats and memory ORVM works). Will update Delivety experience in later posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5813.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5815.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5816.jpeg  

Last edited by NaveenKD : 5th February 2024 at 00:38.
NaveenKD is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 10:25   #9710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Fuel prices are for Bengaluru.
Diesel mileage considered 10km/ltr city and 14km/ltr highway [/b]

Diesel means more trips, more drives and peace with more fun, all this without worrying about fuel costs
Just for a reference: my FE numbers from last two years ownership (almost) and 57k kms of driving, a lot of city stop and go, a lot of highway and some descent off roads, bad roads where walking is faster than driving, summary is:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1221.jpeg

If one is focused on extracting good mileage, I can confidently tell you that you would be able to get 9.5-10 in city, 15 on highway for sure. Fortunately or unfortunately the car driver generally won’t stick to best FE extraction objective for long.
abirnale is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 12:21   #9711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Just for a reference: my FE numbers from last two years ownership (almost) and 57k kms of driving, a lot of city stop and go, a lot of highway and some descent off roads, bad roads where walking is faster than driving, summary is:

Attachment 2569429

If one is focused on extracting good mileage, I can confidently tell you that you would be able to get 9.5-10 in city, 15 on highway for sure. Fortunately or unfortunately the car driver generally won’t stick to best FE extraction objective for long.
I assume this is diesel AT model, even I heard the same figures from my colleagues, which looks decent for the size and power.

Anant cars (Bannerghatta road) says PDI is not allowed, is it right? What is the experience from others who took recent delivery?

Last edited by hummer : 5th February 2024 at 12:22. Reason: spelling correction
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 12:26   #9712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I assume this is diesel AT model, even I heard the same figures from my colleagues, which looks decent for the size and power.

Anant cars (Bannerghatta road) says PDI is not allowed, is it right? What is the experience from others who took recent delivery?
Yep. AX7L AT AWD - more details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...55-000-km.html

PDI - not sure about that. Can’t imagine why PDI would be denied!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 16:29   #9713

Anyone in Pune knows a good place to buy XUV 700 accessories. Like foot steps, seats covers etc. Preferably South Pune
Old 6th February 2024, 09:08   #9714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post
My dealership is asking me to make 90% payment after which they will allocate me the car. They told me I will be allowed to do the PDI and the registration will be done if I approve.
Never pay a single rupee more than the booking amount until the car is allocated to you. See the car in person and do a full PDI. Take lots of pictures and note down the VIN number. If you are satisfied with the allocation make the payment.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 09:19   #9715
BHPian

Quote:

Ask them to give you in writing that PDI is not allowed and you will see a difference in the approach. Be prepared to be flexible in doing the PDI at the showroom as most OEMs (including M&M) aren't allowing PDIs at the stockyards. In that case, please get clarity on how will the car be stored after you give a go-ahead in the showroom and ensure the car is not left either in the showroom or in the premises. Most showrooms have a parking facility for all such cars close by and do reconfirm that.

In some cases, the dealers are asking for 2L payment before bringing the car to showroom to do PDI and you will have full rights to reject the car if the car doesnt meet the PDI expectations. Its upto you on how you want to handle this but most are paying this 2L to expedite the process.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 11:32   #9716
BHPian

Anyone else facing an issue with the M4U app since yesterday? Not able to access any tab in the app because of the following error:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3969.jpeg  

Old 6th February 2024, 16:13   #9717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by univ_explorer View Post
Reverse cam shows blue screen most of the times (8/10 times) and proper reverse stream 2/10 times :( .. This is for ax5 model with Mahindra authorised reverse camera. SA suggested me to change reverse camera but it does not makes sense to me as the camera hardware seems to be fine and this seemed like a software issue. SA also informed me many ax5 camera had these issues. Any suggestion from fellow owners?
I am facing the same issue now. How did it resolved? We tried silver box flashing and installing new one but still blue screen is popping up while taking reverse. I left the vehicle at service center to figure out.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 16:26   #9718

Quote:
That's a straight-up lie. I got the car delivered from Anant Cars (Bannerghatta Road) in January, and they allowed PDI from Zeekardo. And that guy came with all the bells and whistles. See if you can change your booking agent to Mr. Ravi. He handled everything for me quite smoothly.
kns008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 16:51   #9719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns008 View Post
That's a straight-up lie. I got the car delivered from Anant Cars (Bannerghatta Road) in January, and they allowed PDI from Zeekardo. And that guy came with all the bells and whistles. See if you can change your booking agent to Mr. Ravi. He handled everything for me quite smoothly.
Thanks kns008, Zeekardo is PDI services guys? How much do they charge?
Can you pls pass on contact number of Mr.Ravi?
Old 6th February 2024, 16:59   #9720

Quote:
Thanks kns008, Zeekardo is PDI services guys? How much do they charge?
Can you pls pass on contact number of Mr.Ravi?
Zekardo charged ₹2,500 and did a comprehensive inspection. The guy also found out about microscopic paint issues (we didn't do anything about them because they're too tiny). It was helpful for me because I don't know much about cars.

I'm not sure if sharing contacts is allowed publicly; maybe you can message me? I couldn't find a way to message you (very new here ).
kns008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks