Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 20:33   #9781
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

More than a year ago, while the firmware of the infotainment system was being updated, I had asked the Cotek guy that why is it that when the infotainment system is turned off it does not display the AC temperature and fan speed. In a use case scenario where the infotainment is not in use, one would still want to know what the fan speed and the set temperature is, else its always a shot in the dark trying to adjust the temperature. And once before this conversation I had seen it being displayed when the infotainment system was off (read wasn’t turned on during the first crank). But I had not captured the display then.

Funnily it happened today during the evening ride back home. Managed to take a screenshot! But the moment I slotted the gearshift into drive, it disappeared! Has anyone managed to witness this? Wonder why no firmware updates have managed to incorporate this?

Anyone going to the service centre in the near future can perhaps push for this to be done? For sure I will do during my next visit!

Cheers!

Cheers!Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3053.jpeg
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 20:01   #9782
BHPian

Hi, my friend owns a AX3 AT Petrol and wants to install wireless charger.
Can someone give the partnumber for a wireless charger that is OEM for XUV700 (available on AX7 or the top variants by default) and can be fiited on a lower variant like AX3.
thanks in advance
Old 27th February 2024, 23:55   #9783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post

XUV 700 AX7 L AWD - 2024 Model with Ventilated Seats Delivered

Booking Date : 20-Jan-2024
Delivery Date : 04-Feb-2024
Continuing the thread …

The dealer got the vehicle to the showroom on 31-Jan for PDI. I went with the checklist posted by @abirnale, downloaded on my phone. There were 2 new Midnight Black AX7L parked in front of the showroom and there was confusion for couple of mins as to which is my vehicle. Once it was sorted out, I noted the VIN and Engine number and sat inside the vehicle with dealer rep. First thing I asked him to show was AWD button (to make sure its AWD) and next was to start Adrenox and check if Ventilated seat option is displayed (to make sure its refreshed version). Was thrilled to see plastic cover around the front seats getting filled with air when ventilated seat button was operated. Paired my phone and checked CarPlay is working fine. Checked all electronics, camera, Light and wiper controls and found to be working fine. Spent some time outside going through the fit and finish, for any dents or paint chips.

I okayed after spending some 45 mins with the car and called up Bank to process and release the loan. Next met the accessories guy and gave him a go ahead to fit the agreed accessories.

While my loan was processed by dealer with SBI @ 9% ROI, one of the Team BHPian with whom i was in touch had referred me to Saraswat Bank which offered 8.35% ROI. I went ahead with Saraswat, Loan processing was only 2 days and they released the amount to dealer on the same evening of PDI.

Then came 3 days and 3 sleepless nights dreaming about my new car. I had asked the dealer to deliver the vehicle between 2 - 4 pm on 04-Feb (Sunday). Reached the showroom at 1.30 pm with the family in Uber, and I had a huge grin when the driver while dropping asked “ Hosa Gaadi Delivery na?” (New vehicle delivery).I could see a huge rush for deliveries with vehicles being queued up for photo ops with families. It took another 20 mins to complete the paper work and headed out to check the vehicle before its moved to Delivery Bay. Not sure how, I immediately noticed a very small paint chip on the tail gate. I called the Sales Advisor and showed him the issue and asked him not to move the vehicle to delivery bay till i check entire vehicle. I saw that cleaners were using very dirty cloths and it was making more damage to car than cleaning it. Others from the showroom also rushed to the scene and we all agreed that tailgate has a definite paint chip (may be during accessory fitting) and Right Rear Side Piano black Garnish has deep scratches. While i was losing my cool and they were assuring me that both will be fixed next day, my wife requested my to calm down and not to spoil this not so frequent experience (of owning a new vehicle). Fact that they agreed to give in writing that both parts will be replaced (not fixed) helped me calm down.

Spent next 15 mins with photo ops with family (Spouse, Son and Mother), distributed sweets to showroom workers, some tips to security and also received the regular welcome kit from the dealer. I collected the delivery note allong with hand written note to replace both the parts next day and left showroom driving home my New Vehicle

Evening we went to a temple nearby our house and got the Pooja performed. There were 3 more vehicles which got Pooja done same time and all 4 dark vehicles (my XUV, Dark Safari, Black Seltos and a Nexon) standing next to each other, all decked up with garlands was a sight and caught lot of attention. While we didn’t know each other, conveyed our wishes to other owners and headed back home after having Prasad.

Monday morning, 08.30 am received a call from driver from dealer asking for location. Was happy that they had kept the promise. Handed over the vehicle to the driver after checking his ID and started eagerly tracking the vehicle movement on Adrenox APP. Was in regular touch with my SA who was updating the progress. After replacement of both the parts, the vehicle was delivered by 5 pm. I checked and was happy to note that they have indeed replaced entire Tailgate and Garnish, not done a touch up job. Made sure to check reverse camera, tail lamps, reverse lamps and indicators (especially sequential LEDS) are all working fine. Personally called up my Sales Advisor to thank him and also closed my online feedback with a positive note.

Accessories purchased and fixed at showroom :
1) Mud Flap
2) Matte Screen Protector film for touch screen
3) 7D Mat set
4) Illuminated Scuff Plate
5) Side Foot Step
6) Rain Visors for windows
7) Rear Bumper Protector (ABS)
8) Tailgate Scuff protector
9) Sports Pedal Covers
10) Vehicle Registration Plate Frame

Total Value of accessories : 51K

Will talk on PPF, Sunfilm work and other accessories purchased online in next update.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0617.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0632.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5856.jpeg  

NaveenKD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 18:14   #9784
BHPian

A friend of mine has booked an AX5 5 Seater Petrol AT in White colour. The Booking was done on 8th February and we got to do a PDI on 24th February.
The car should be delivered latest by 4th March since the payment formalities will be completed today.
The XUV 7OO replaces their 12 year old i20 Diesel.
Will put a detailed post on the decision making process later.
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 01:00   #9785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayy09 View Post
Hello there! Could you please describe your experience with the ambient lights so far? Also, does it need any modification to the existing electrical wiring setup?
I am loving it! All my friends and family who have experienced the car after the light installation have commented on how the luxury quotient of the car has gone up a notch post installation of those lights. Since, I have a white coloured XUV I have kept the ambient lights set to a slight blue shade which is in sync with the default ambient light which comes with XUV ( light that surrounds the sunroof buttons etc).

Modification that were done were more of fabrication for the lights that were installed in the bottle holder and the door lever. Power is being given via the fuse box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
I have tried service stations in Nagpur and Ahmedabad and they have no clue on how to install TPMS. Could you let me know where you got TPMS installed? Was it in Pune or Indore? Also, the place where you got hard wiring done to enable parking surveillance. Thanks!
I got it installed in Indore.

Mini Rant : Per my experience with Mahindra service centre, I avoid Pune at all costs. They are not interested in helping out with any modifications and neither they are interested in solving any problems related to car. They have a very non challant, “we are doing a favour to you by servicing your car” attitude which I absolutely abhor.
They have a very standard “no” or “this is how it is” response to any queries or problem.
So any work related to my XUV I get it done in Indore or Mumbai. If I can’t reach to either of those location then I take my car to Pune service centre.
Old 29th February 2024, 09:51   #9786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Another WEIRD niggle cropped-up yesterday!

Hi Nikhil, were you ever able to RCA this one, and did this repeat?

I am on a trip to Goa with my daughter, and at about 11ish last night that we came out of this lovely restaurant, the car refused to unlock. LED on the fob appeared functional, yet the car wouldn't respond. I manually unlocked the door, and as expected it threw loud alarms on me. We drove back to our hotel, and when we stopped the car and opened the door to get out, it again continued the same loud alarms, easy to attract a lot of attention from security and office bearers on duty. Tried to lock the car, to no avail. Used adrenox, and it too acted moody. I was able to use the hazards, head lights etc from adrenox, but couldn't just invoke the central lock. Decided to leave the car unlocked, and from a distance took one last chance to remotely lock it, and this time instead of locking went for uncloking and the command was successful. Locked it this time successfully, and viola, noticed my keyfob too this time came back to life.

I am not carrying my other key, and we have to head to a secluded beach today with a network that would qualify only as non existent. I fear running into the situation again, yet to stay doubly guarded, will replace the battery on the fob
Interestingly it was only replaced around 4 months ago, when the same symptom was seen. The car is just about 14 months old, and about 20K on it.

Let me know if it was resolved for you, and how?

My WhatsApp is xxxxxxxxxx. I am not sure if leaving WhatsApp number is permissible on this forum, but given the circumstances, it would help me a lot to see quick guidance on this one.

Many thanks.

Ashit Vig

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st March 2024 at 21:06. Reason: Hiding personal contact info now that you two have spoken. Please consider exchanging contact info over PM as needed. Thanks.
avigster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 11:34   #9787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster View Post

I am on a trip to Goa with my daughter, and at about 11ish last night that we came out of this lovely restaurant, the car refused to unlock. LED on the fob appeared functional, yet the car wouldn't respond. I manually unlocked the door, and as expected it threw loud alarms on me. We drove back to our hotel, and when we stopped the car and opened the door to get out, it again continued the same loud alarms, easy to attract a lot of attention from
When it happens next, try re-pairing the key fob with the car by keeping the key fob in the key tray under the arm rest. I am not sure if this will work or not, but this is somethings you can try.
Old 29th February 2024, 12:04   #9788
BHPian

Quote:

I am on a trip to Goa with my daughter, and at about 11ish last night that we came out of this lovely restaurant, the car refused to unlock.
Hey Ashit, we spoke. Best option is to keep a Duracell CR-2032 spare battery with you at all times. The key fob is definitely using up a lot of power. Also, please make sure you are placing the key fob in the tray provided below the armrest at all times.
Old 29th February 2024, 17:39   #9789
BHPian

Quote:

My WhatsApp is xxxxxxxxxx. I am not sure if leaving WhatsApp number is permissible on this forum, but given the circumstances, it would help me a lot to see quick guidance on this one.

Many thanks.

Ashit Vig

Happened to me twice in two years.

Best way is to use manual key to open it and let it scream (don't pay attention to the noise pollution)

Then open hood and disconnect battery for 10 minutes. Reconnect the battery and usually its good to go

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st March 2024 at 21:05. Reason: Quote tags.
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 00:36   #9790
BHPian

Quote:
Will talk on PPF, Sunfilm work and other accessories purchased online in next update.
I had decided that i will handover the car very next day after the delivery for PPF installation. Couple of reasons for this 1) Weekdays I park my car outside my house on footpath under a huge tree (Bird dropping, debris and branches falling, sap from the tree etc ..) 2) On weekends we visit our farm house and I have 2 Malligators (Belgian Malinois Dogs) and 3) It’s a Midnight Black color.

Based on the feedback on Team BHP, I had finalised Carsbuddy (Koramangala) who is authorised dealer for XPEL PPF. I had contacted them on Saturday ( a day before delivery) and was connected with Abhishek. He called me, explained the process, advantages of PPF and sent multiple videos to show how they handle PPF installation job. He had advised to drop the vehicle next day after delivery. As you know from my previous post, Monday Dealer guys had to pick up my car for replacement of tailgate and garnish.

Evening when the vehicle got delivered, i called Abhishek from Cars buddy and he confirmed i can visit them at 07.30 pm. Once i reached, they put my car under lights and started inspecting the panels. I was surprised and disappointed to know that car had already picked up multiple stone chips, few paint bubbles and one faint dent. This process took 30 mins and i sat down for pricing negotiation and finalised XPEL Ultimate+ for PPF and XPEL Supreme for sunfilms.

To maintain the vehicle post PPF application, they had sent the process and items to buy from Amazon. They had requested for 4 days for complete work.

Tuesday was for car wash, paint correction and dismantling the parts such as Number plate, Door Handles, Logos, Lamps etc …

Wednesday, they used it for PPF application. I visited their service Center on Wednesday night and they were completing finishing, trimming and tucking work.

Thursday, they left the PPF to settle

Friday, they assembled the dismantled parts back, Sunfilm installation and coating of vehicle with Modesta products on vehicle Body, Glasses, Seats, Dash, Alloys and Wheels.

It was 09.30pm on Friday night when i finally collected the vehicle and drove back home. They advised not to wet wash the vehicle for next 10 days which i duly followed. They had also instructed to park the vehicle under Hot son for next 2 days to heal the PPF and water bubbles (if any) to evaporate, which anyways was only option at my farmhouse.

Accessories bought from Amazon:

1) Jopasu Car Duster and Mini Duster
https://amzn.eu/d/eZfOXWM
2) Jopasu Duster Rejuvenator
https://amzn.eu/d/cKrqRe4
3) ShineXPro GSM1100 microfibre cloth (3 nos).
https://amzn.eu/d/8r2OfiP
4) ShineXPro 5 Ltr Foam wash Shampoo concentrate
https://amzn.eu/d/64TqN5u
5) TUSA Chordless Inflator
https://amzn.eu/d/37P9fq1
6) TUSA Car Vaccum Cleaner
https://amzn.eu/d/gLrTshR
7) AWD Logo
https://amzn.eu/d/cqpGVy8
8) IK Foam Pro2 Foam Sprayer [Grab this]
https://amzn.eu/d/hU3MCUK

Purchased directly from Vendor.
9) WOLFBOX G900 Mirror Display Dashcam
https://amzn.eu/d/bc0U3CH

Planning to get Dashcam installed during my first service. Also

10) SD Card for continuous recording
11) Full size spare tire

Pics of my Phantom after its first wash in Farmhouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5969.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5970.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5971.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5972.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5968.jpeg  

NaveenKD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 00:51   #9791
BHPian

Quote:
Pics of my Phantom after its first wash in Farmhouse.
I am facing one and only one Niggle that is bothering me a lot. The place where my farmhouse is has zero Vodafone connectivity. As soon as i enter my farm Alexa gets disconnected and Adrenox APP can’t connect to the vehicle.

As i knew it has Vodafone eSIM, i was not much bothered and expected sim connectivity will be restored once i reach network coverage area. When I start driving back to Bangalore, Car display showed Network bars and it had full signal once I reached the main road. I tried Alexa and it says “ Sorry I didn’t understand that….I don’t have internet connectivity”. Same with Adrenox app on phone, not connecting to vehicle.

Reached Bangalore, same issue….Reached my home same issue, parked car overnight and started vehicle in the morning ….Same issue - NO Adrenox App connectivity and Alexa doesn’t work.

I checked if i have enabled ‘Service’ Menu in Vehicle settings…No it wasn’t. Finally i had to use the small spanner which comes with vehicle, disconnect negative terminal of battery and reconnect after couple of mins. Voila….Alexa is back, can operate commands from Adrenox App.

Next Weekend same issue….So every Monday Morning I have to disconnect battery and connect back to have Internet restored.

Anyone has permanent solution for this? I have latest SW installed….

I informed my SA and he connected me to their CRM who requested to bring the vehicle to their nearest Service center. I told them lets have it checked during the first service (which is due in next couple of days), but i am not sure if they will solve and if have to live with this ….

Quote:
I had decided that i will handover the car very next day after the delivery for PPF installation. Couple of reasons for this 1) Weekdays I park my car outside my house on footpath under a huge tree (Bird dropping, debris and branches falling, sap from the tree etc ..) 2) On weekends we visit our farm house and I have 2 Malligators (Belgian Malinois Dogs) and 3) It’s a Midnight Black color.
Post and pics of my Malligators

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5728227

AWD Logo

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules once again please.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_5985.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st March 2024 at 03:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 08:59   #9792
BHPian

XUVians... Is it worth to buy car body cover to avoid dust collection as I park my car in the apt cellar and it still gathers lot of dust daily. I have not given it for cleaning service and do it myself whenever I have to use it.

I remember reading long back that cover can form scratches due to ruffling with body so not sure if its worth having it while car is parked in the garage.
Old 1st March 2024, 12:15   #9793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
XUVians... Is it worth to buy car body cover to avoid dust collection as I park my car
In my opinion it’s not worth it. And I am saying from personal experience. I bought one for my 500 but later not for the 700 as I realised it’s worse than dust collecting on the car. Because dust collecting on the car can be washed off. What do you do with a dusty cover? Where do you store it when not in use? If you put it in your car where the trunk is open to the main cabin, all the dust from the cover is inhaled by the passengers if kept in the rear of the car. Good quality covers will leave less scratches, but my point of view is from safety of you and your passengers.

While scratches could be a concern, in general covers will also retain a lot of moisture in the rainy season/humid climate. And storing a wet cover is even worse! And later the the inside of the cover also gets quite dusty that it will certainly damage the car exterior.

I have seen many scenarios where a cover is more hazardous than not having one! I could keep going on with them….

Cheers!

Last edited by Vashanis : 1st March 2024 at 12:19. Reason: Additional information.
Old 1st March 2024, 20:09   #9794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvforcars View Post
Anyone in Pune knows a good place to buy XUV 700 accessories. Like foot steps, seats covers etc. Preferably South Pune
I would suggest buy the OEM footsteps. They don't eat into the car's ground clearance and look relatively sleek. And also for seat covers, I would not suggest them as well as the airbags for the car are in the seats. Third party seat covers might interfere with their deployment. The original white seats are a pain to maintain, but such problems will not occur.

Last edited by ImperPara42 : 1st March 2024 at 20:33. Reason: Better grammar
Old 1st March 2024, 21:12   #9795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarhot View Post
I have not given it for cleaning service and do it myself whenever I have to use it.
Maybe you should try the Jopasu car duster or its rival Clorox. I can't comment on the latter but I am a long-term user of the Jopasu duster. It takes only 2-3 minutes to clean the XUV700.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ni-review.html (Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review)
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks