Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2023, 13:40   #8866

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesilva View Post
I though that may be the reason. But the carpet is just wet under the seat (Thats what they said) and nowhere else. I haven't been near the car since I left it with them.
I am facing a similar issue with my carpet. My car was building up moisture from inside even in slight rains, so I presumed that it might have something to do with 7d floor mats absorbing moisture from shoes. But, when I removed the mats to dry them out in the sun, I saw that driver-side floor carpet was soaking wet like someone dropped a bucket of water in there. I am not sure if it has something to do with AC drain pipe but I will add it to my list of issues including

1. Excess battery drain (had to get it jump started 3 times in 2 weeks & warranty has expired in 1 year so it will have a health checkup before I decide on a new battery)
2. Heat from engine radiating to cabin(may have something to do with recall service action)
3. AC blower motor that's making a kat kat sound (will be replaced under warranty)

I asked them about the water buildup in the carpet as well but they have no idea about it. I planned on vacuuming it out with an upholstery nozzle but my car is in the service center for these problems already.

I would appreciate it if you find the root cause related to this issue, it might help other folks here.

Last edited by graaja : 29th August 2023 at 16:25. Reason: Spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Old 19th August 2023, 16:49   #8867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Mine is Jan 2023 manufactured. It seems my vehicle is on the list. Will call them on Monday.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-service-action-20230819.jpg
Vasuki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 19:07   #8868
BHPian

Got the service recall done.

Was at the service centre for sequential indicator fitment and the SA suggested to get the service action completed. The activity is done to ensure that there is no damage for a cable passing below the air filter and to avoid any future damages also.

They will remove the air filter and will add an extra sleeve on top of existing wiring and will do a cable tie to ensure that the cable is not dangling around (marked 1 in the pic). A rubber part is also added to the body to ensure that there is no cable damage due to rubbing against the metal (marked 2 in the pic). It’s a fairly simple process and can be done in 30 mins time. The only time taking activity here is to get the air filter removed.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230819-5.19.17-pm.jpeg

My SA has confirmed that he has never heard of an abrasion issue of this part and is a preventive maintenance only. So no need of getting paid or rushing for the same. But the news in papers and online media have created a huge panic among the owners and they were receiving lot of calls and msgs due to this.
northstar* is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 19:30   #8869

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
I would appreciate it if you find the root cause related to this issue, it might help other folks here.
Well, my vehicle is still in the Service Station and since 31/08/2023. They said they checked the vehicle as per Team Mahindra's instructions and found leakage from a body panel on the RHS (I had mentioned to the SA that sometimes I felt a tiny little drop on my feet - but that I was not fully sure if there was indeed a leakage as it was not always felt). So, they said they would send it to the body shop to seal it. Also, some part (probably some time of ECU) which was supposed to be under the seat would have to replaced. Probably that was giving out all those warning lights (probably due to the leakage) and it would take about 4-5 days to come to them (which was supposed to be today).

I use the 7D Mats too and I also did mention to my SA that I never found any wetness under my feet. Interestingly, it seems, the wetness was only under the seat. This leads me to believe the water passed through some hollow in the body and not actually through a leaking windscreen gasket, which I first thought was probably the case.

Meanwhile, I have also received the mail about the wiring loom and I guess that will have to bee checked too.
sdesilva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 20:15   #8870
BHPian

Got the recall email this morning, sent the vehicle in afternoon, vehicle is back by 7.

Although it took 45 mins for the task itself, but the SC was getting non-stop calls, messages, and vehicles back to back. SC Manager said they finished 17 today and he attended over 150 calls and missed a bunch.

People are worried, calling from outstation and various places rushing their vehicles. Poor SCs going to have a hell lot of time over this weekend, probably will have to switch off their phones. It's not limited to select few vehicles but all of them since it's from 8th Jun 2021 to 28th Jun 2023 as per email (SC Manager confirmed it's for everyone).

They finished one thing but broke a bunch of other things tho. So the vehicle went back and came again.

The door handles weren't retracting, the one-touch window controls stopped working, they fixed it, so took longer than expected.

But it's so annoying that the vehicle keeps going back to SC almost every 2-3 months for one or the other issues, just recently had sent to get the driver side window vibration fixed and wiper blades changed. Never had to send any of my previous vehicle to SCs as much as I'm sending this one. Mahindra is still long way from making a quality product from electronics POV. IDK how their EV cars would turn out, just looking at ICE vehicles having so many issues itself is a bit of a concern.
Old 20th August 2023, 22:10   #8871

My cousin purchased the petrol MT MX variant today. It cost 16.31 on road Delhi and we added accessories worth 90k. The accessories included:

Seat covers, rear camera, illuminated scuff plates, mud flaps, sport pedals, 17" AX5 variant alloys, rain visors & fog lamps. These accessories made sure that we got the delivery on time (apart from certain calls). It made sense to get the petrol in Delhi NCR rather than the diesel variant.

When I saw the car in person today, the only creature comforts that I miss at this price point are:

1. Rear defogger and wiper
2. Power folding mirrors
3. AT transmission

In my humble opinion, I believe this is the most value for money variant. I just wanted some inputs from this great community that is it most value for money 200 bhp car that money can buy in India? Also, is it possible to add the missing creature comforts listed above (excluding AT transmission ofcourse).

Cheers!!
Celes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 22:52   #8872
BHPian

I have just completed a trip from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar and back over the long weekend in AX7L Petrol.

Prior to this trip, always relied on the MID for information on fuel economy. Always suspected something to be amiss.

Upon filling the tank before starting the trip, I noticed the MID showing that throughout my journey (mainly comprising of highways and a little bit of ghat sections) the car returned an average of 10.2 kmpl. However upon checking the trip computer, I realised that the car only managed to do 420kms in an entire tank (i.e. 7kmpl).

If the MID was to be relied on, the car would have been able to complete 636kms in an entire tank of petrol. I feel that the average stated by Mahindra has something off.

Let me know what mileage other owners of Petrol XUV are managing to get. Also let me know if anyone else has faced similar issue with the Average and Distance to Empty Indicator in the MID.
Old 21st August 2023, 01:11   #8873
sbm
BHPian

Just like Mahindra is recalling cars for this routing issue, they should do a recall for suspension noise and football in the boot sound. Or is it so that they don't know how to solve these issues, or worse, they find the rectification cost too high for an already high-demand car?
Old 21st August 2023, 01:49   #8874

Has anyone reported issues with Android Auto not connecting to Mahindra XUV 700 ?
It keeps disconnecting and especially so on One Plus phones.
In some places I have heard its a known issue but seems Mahindra are unable to figure out anything here.
Is there any thread that gives more details on this and possible recommended solutions please ?
Old 21st August 2023, 09:19   #8875
BHPian

XUV700 Trip Meters and total distance covered ;

Friends I recently bought XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT. I am unable to find an option to check total distance covered until now since the day of purchase.

I know there are 2 TRIP Meters , one of it was showing it however out of sheer curiosity I reset both and now both are showing very low value which is a distance covered after reset. I cant believe it could reset both to Zero but I am sure there must be a regular one displaying total distance and cannot be reset. Can someone please help and let me know how to find a meter with total distance covered until now ?
Old 21st August 2023, 10:32   #8876

Thanks to the team-bhp community of XUV7OO. With the guidance provided here, I was able to escalate about the delay in my vehicle delivery, got it addressed and received my vehicle on 11-Aug.

Taking some time to explore the features of the vehicle. Will definitely update here about my experiences, reach out for any help and contribute constructively to the forum in the best way possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_7375.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_7381.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_7393.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_7396.jpg  

vijaypalpatil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 10:33   #8877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
I booked an XUV700 AX7 in August 2022 and was given a time frame of 21 Aug - 22 Sep 2023 for delivery. I booked it through Anant Cars, Marathahalli (Bangalore), and have been waiting for updates from the dealer.
Since you have a promised date of 22 Sept 2023, kindly hold your patience till that date. In the meantime contact the GM-Sales of your dealership and also the CC Executive of M&M connected to your dealership. They should have the list of all the cars that are to be delivered in the month of September in a few days time (maybe by 25th). Check if your car is included in the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DON_ View Post
Has anyone reported issues with Android Auto not connecting to Mahindra XUV 700 ?
In some places I have heard its a known issue but seems Mahindra are unable to figure out anything here.
Is there any thread that gives more details on this and possible recommended solutions please ?
Certain One Plus phones have an issue connecting to the XUV700. This has been reported by some owners; you can search this thread for such posts. Try connecting with some other android phone - preferably Samsung and see whether you have the same issues. Only then it will be clear whether the problem is with the car software or the specific phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
XUV700 Trip Meters and total distance covered Friends I recently bought XUV700 AX7 Petrol AT. I am unable to find an option to check total distance covered until now since the day of purchase.
The trip meters are for recording trip dynamics and not the total distance covered by the car. The distance covered, since the beginning is shown on the RHS bottom corner of the MID as well as the second screen (Vehicle status) of the Adrenox app on your mobile.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:27   #8878
BHPian

How many of you have tried playing FLAC files in the car ?
I am so used to playing MP3 songs only that I have never really appreciated the sound system in the car because it sounded similar to that in my old car.
Yesterday by chance I tried playing some FLAC files from phone directly and it is a totally different experience. Then I copied some FLAC files on to a USB drive and played them. They were playing !! The format is supported in this system. :-)
I am enjoying my music in the car more so now.
Mine is AX7L.
lark63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 13:13   #8879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post
Let me know what mileage other owners of Petrol XUV are managing to get. Also let me know if anyone else has faced similar issue with the Average and Distance to Empty Indicator in the MID.
The average/distance figures on the car are highly unreliable. Tankful-to-tankful method is the best for the most reliable figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Just like Mahindra is recalling cars for this routing issue, they should do a recall for suspension noise and football in the boot sound. Or is it so that they don't know how to solve these issues, or worse, they find the rectification cost too high for an already high-demand car?
Football-in-the-boot is a persistent issue. Even after almost 1.5 years with the car, the service centre is clueless about a solution. No amount of escalation has helped in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DON_ View Post
Try connecting another Android phone. It's working smoothly with Samsung and Redmi phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaypalpatil View Post
... received my vehicle on 11-Aug. Taking some time to explore the features of the vehicle. Will definitely update here about my experiences, reach out for any help and contribute constructively to the forum in the best way possible.
Congratulations on bringing the red baby home! Wish you many happy miles ahead. Cheers!
Old 21st August 2023, 14:04   #8880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
XUV700 Trip Meters and total distance covered ;

Can someone please help and let me know how to find a meter with total distance covered until now ?
The total distance covered in KMS is always displayed on the MID below the RPM meter.
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks