Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 09:31   #8776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
Car pulling to the left.

Please get the alignment done outside. I was experiencing same in my XUV 500. Krithi car care also have Hunter machine for alignment. KP has done fabulous job. Highly recommended.
I believe this one is a widespread issues in the XUV700’s. I just happened to TD a 20k kms run car and it too had a left pull. Understand that it is a TD car and must have been abused to the core. But having read about it on the forum by so many fellow BHPians and experiencing it too, I believe there’s definitely something not right.
Old 30th July 2023, 10:34   #8777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Just now installed 70mai A800 dual channel cam in my brother's AX7 P AT. Used the left most socket in the front (the one for AA/CP). Cam is working perfectly so assuming that 12 v lighter port is not a requirement.

Hope this helps.
Make sure you use the Charging Port and not the one meant for Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. There are posts on this thread about how using the latter messed up the SD Card in the dashcam.
Old 30th July 2023, 11:45   #8778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
My AX7L Petrol Automatic is sparsely driven. Yesterday, I drove it after 10 days for 35 kms. 3 times during the drive, for 2-3 seconds at low speeds, I experienced loss of power. Has anybody faced a similar problem? Of course, I will take it to the service centre in a few days, and during that time, I will drive it more frequently to see if it recurs.
An update to the previous post. I got my car back after 2 days and took a 10km drive. The problem has been resolved. The service team at Koncept Mahindra Sector 59, Noida finally diagnosed the issue as a faulty brake switch which was causing the car to start if I pressed the start button with my foot off the brake and was also causing the power loss. I found Mr Gaurav, Mr Swarnim and Mrs Kavita to be very helpful and cooperative. I hope the car doesn't give me any more major hiccups and that this is the end of this problem.
Old 31st July 2023, 10:33   #8779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
@zeitgest - Thanks for sharing the info about the V4 engine oil and Yes this is something new as the literature that came with my car says only Maximile Ultra.

Visited the SC yesterday for the schedule 20K service and insisted for engine oil change. Then checked with the spares counter about the available engine oil and they showed me the Maximile Ultra V4, exactly what I wanted. On both side of the can it is clearly written as "Gen-Nxt Synthetic Engine Oil" but the specification (xxW xx) is still missing. This should now be available in all the SCs across the country.

Interestingly I noticed that the SC was using this new oil in all the cars as standard procedure.

Got very little oppurtunity to drive the car after the oil change, need to wait for some more days before I can give any opinion.

Also got the new software update installed.

Attachment 2476083 Attachment 2476082
Inadvertently, I stumbled upon your post, I own Scorpio-N and I felt the same way that the vibration and engine noise has increased after the first service. After reading about the newly recommended V4 Maximile Engine Oil on this thread, I referred to the 10000KM Service Invoice and found that Maximile Ultra was used during 2nd service. As the engines are same in both vehicles, the increased harshness in the engine of my vehicle may also be attributed to the engine oil, will check with the Service Centre.
Old 31st July 2023, 11:33   #8780
BHPian

I am looking for a dash board edge mounted(right above the speedo console) phone holder. Anybody using such a mount ?
Is the edge length sufficient to hold the holder tight is my doubt.
Any feedback is welcome.
Old 31st July 2023, 12:43   #8781
BHPian

What can be the life for XUV700 rear brake pads ? Mine is AX7L DAT and is driven in city driving conditions for most of the time.

The car is in for 20k service and the advisor insists that I should get it changed. I think it can go for another 5k kms, but no so sure about it and don't want to take a chance if risky.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20230731-12.28.33-pm.jpeg

Can any one confirm.
Old 31st July 2023, 13:53   #8782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visited the SC yesterday for the schedule 20K service and insisted for engine oil change. Then checked with the spares counter about the available engine oil and they showed me the Maximile Ultra V4, exactly what I wanted. On both side of the can it is clearly written as "Gen-Nxt Synthetic Engine Oil" but the specification (xxW xx) is still missing. This should now be available in all the SCs across the country.

After using the car for 15 days with the new Maximile Ultra V4, Synthetic Engine Oil I can say that the engine noise has reduced and the car engine is now almost as quite as the initial days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Inadvertently, I stumbled upon your post, I own Scorpio-N and I felt the same way that the vibration and engine noise has increased after the first service. After reading about the newly recommended V4 Maximile Engine Oil on this thread, I referred to the 10000KM Service Invoice and found that Maximile Ultra was used during 2nd service. As the engines are same in both vehicles, the increased harshness in the engine of my vehicle may also be attributed to the engine oil, will check with the Service Centre.
I checked the booklet that came with my June 22 manufactured car and the recommended engine oil there was mentioned as Maximile Ultra. Availability of the Maximile Ultra V4 at the ASC is a very recent development from M&M. Though it was available at my ASC, @zeitgest confirmed that the same was not available at Bangalore. You can always request your ASC to place an order for the same or you can talk to your local CC manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
What can be the life for XUV700 rear brake pads ? Mine is AX7L DAT and is driven in city driving conditions for most of the time.

The car is in for 20k service and the advisor insists that I should get it changed. I think it can go for another 5k kms, but no so sure about it and don't want to take a chance if risky.

Can any one confirm.
They have a measuring instrument for the same - you should ask the SA to show you the exact thickness left and decide whether the brake pads require replacement. The original pads come with a thickness of 11mm.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2023 at 14:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:35   #8783
BHPian

Quote:
They have a measuring instrument for the same - you should ask the SA to show you the exact thickness left and decide whether the brake pads require replacement. The original pads come with a thickness of 11mm.
Thank you for the prompt response. Have asked the SA for the same.

I saw your post regarding the Maxmile UltraV4 and checked with the SA, but he replied that only Maxmile Ultra is available.
Old 31st July 2023, 15:04   #8784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Thank you for the prompt response. Have asked the SA for the same.

I saw your post regarding the Maxmile UltraV4 and checked with the SA, but he replied that only Maxmile Ultra is available.
Look at this post from @abirnale 's ownership thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5563885

The second picture there is the tool used to measure the brake pad's thickness, ask your SA to show that, not his mouth to measure it
shrk_18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:54   #8785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Look at this post from @abirnale 's ownership thread. The second picture there is the tool used to measure the brake pad's thickness, ask your SA to show that, not his mouth to measure it
This is what I was looking for. I even tried going through @abirnale's ownership thread, but couldn't find till you pointed it out.

SA roughly said 3mm. But from the pictures, it seems he didn't took it out or did a proper measurement. I think the pads got 3mm thickness and should be good enough for another 5k, shall do a review post 3k kms.
Old 31st July 2023, 20:04   #8786
BHPian

I own a XUV 700 MT Diesel 2022 Nov model, for couple of days I am experiencing a strange thing, I am not sure car has been possessed or AI is taking over, jokes apart.
When I run for few kms around 3 to 4 kms, and close all the windows lock the car. After sometime the driver window is open, when I saw the first time I thought I might have forgotten (but again I wont open the window fully down or most of the time AC will be on during the run).
It is worrying as valuables are left in the car, also during raining (happened once) water enter the car mess up interiors. Kindly XUVians anyone faced the same or have fix for the same.
Old 31st July 2023, 21:31   #8787
BHPian

eSim Coverage

I know all of us have been blaming Vi for the coverage but I wonder there is something with Adrenox that is worsening it. For example, it takes roughly 5+ for the device to detect a signal once it is parked overnight in a basement. Looks like the app is going to some sort of back off while looking for signal. With some of the earlier phones, we used to restart to get signal faster but such an option is not there for Adrenox; long press the centre console conrtol is mostly a standby mode. Given the device is not draining battery, it can more actively look for signal once the engine is running.

Also, the car do not get signal while a cellphone is getting Vi signal.

I would like to see if others have a similar observations.
Old 31st July 2023, 21:56   #8788
BHPian

Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions! I got my AX7L AWD delivered. It is an awesome experience with this wonderful Vehicle. Praying this journey is going to be safe and happy.
With a very little that I have learnt here, it made me look like a pro in front of the SA etc,. and got almost all of what is needed form insurance till the accessories.
It is a good feeling to learn and know about the car you are purchasing for about an year and experience finally!!!
SRIR45 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 13:54   #8789

I am having a problem with my XUV 700 AX7L for the past few days. Various system failure warnings pop up. Like the OBD warning, Gear Box warning / Failure of Auto Lights / Hill Hold. Quite often the Auto hold failure light goes on and then there is a loss in acceleration. There is thud and and a jerk while changing gears and the engine revs up in D even when there is no input from the accelerator.
I had contacted NBS Mahindra at Goregaon and they were not ready to take the car for repairs stating that they were overloaded with cars. They instead gave me an appointment for 31st July.
I left the car with them yesterday and it appeared that they just had to flash some software and update it. But this morning I get a call and my SA says that they will have to keep the car for a minimum of 7 to 10 days. He said that they had found the carpet under the driver seat wet and that there was some electronic unit placed there. Now they will have to wait for instructions from Higher ups on how to deal with it and to detect the cause of the ingress of water.
BTW, I have not taken my car wading in water. The Car is 10 months young and has done about 7300 km.
Was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and how was it resolved ?

Last edited by sdesilva : 1st August 2023 at 14:17.
sdesilva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:37   #8790
BHPian

I have an observation. Even after locking the car, I am able to open the car trunk if I am near the car. Is this expected? So even if we lock, we are around the car with car key, someone else can open the truck. I feel this might not be intended. Any feedback please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks