Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
11,266,335 views
Old 7th August 2023, 14:33   #8806
BHPian
 
lark63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 87 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Today I visited an ETC near by my house to get PUC for my diesel XUV700. After doing all the connections and stuggling for some time the ETC person said he can not issue a certificate for my car. He says there is a K value which has to be atleast slightly more than zero for him to issue a certificate. Unfortunately it is stuck at perfect 0 even after raising the rpm to around 3000. He went on to say that this problem exists for all Benz/BMW/Audi kind of vehicles. The only way he can issue is by doing a cut paste of values from testing of another vehicle.

At this point I called Mahindra CRM and asked for his advise. He said he is hearing first time something like this. He asked me to bring the vehicle to service center for a check and he said he will also arrange for PUC from near by ETC. (After hearing all this the ETC person commented that even he will do exactly same as what I offered to do for you.)

Has anybody faced issue like this ?
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 16:27   #8807
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 911
Thanked: 344 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Today I visited an ETC near by my house to get PUC for my diesel XUV700. After doing all the connections and stuggling for some time the ETC person said he can not issue a certificate for my car. He says there is a K value which has to be atleast slightly more than zero for him to issue a certificate. Unfortunately it is stuck at perfect 0 even after raising the rpm to around 3000. He went on to say that this problem exists for all Benz/BMW/Audi kind of vehicles. The only way he can issue is by doing a cut paste of values from testing of another vehicle.

At this point I called Mahindra CRM and asked for his advise. He said he is hearing first time something like this. He asked me to bring the vehicle to service center for a check and he said he will also arrange for PUC from near by ETC. (After hearing all this the ETC person commented that even he will do exactly same as what I offered to do for you.)

Has anybody faced issue like this ?
For this K value, engine has to have a bit higher load. Happens for my XUV500 also. To get the readings, I turn on AC and set the temperature to Lo and fan speed to the highest speed. Has worked every time once I figured this out.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 22:45   #8808
BHPian
 
lark63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 87 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
For this K value, engine has to have a bit higher load. Happens for my XUV500 also. To get the readings, I turn on AC and set the temperature to Lo and fan speed to the highest speed. Has worked every time once I figured this out.
Does the XUV500 also have DEF system ?
lark63 is offline  
Old 7th August 2023, 23:09   #8809
BHPian
 
mtnrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 911
Thanked: 344 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Does the XUV500 also have DEF system ?
Mine doesn't but still faced this issue for PUC check.
mtnrajdeep is offline  
Old 8th August 2023, 06:50   #8810
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2
Thanked: 16 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Agree...But in case of AX5 there is no 12V power socket or any power socket except of USB at the front.
As in the attached image, AX7 has 2 ports but AX3, AX5 doesn't have this highlighted port. 12V power socket is available only at the 3rd row seat. If Dashcam has to be installed power has to be from 3rd row 12V socket, which I am not sure if anyone has tried to use it and what precautions must have been taken.
I installed qubo dual channel dashcam in my ax5. Wire easily reached the 3rd row 12V charging point. I used the driver dude to hide the charging and the passenger side to hide the rear camera wires.
kailash343 is offline  
Old 8th August 2023, 13:16   #8811
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 23
Thanked: 14 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Do we need rain visor?
Sorry for the late reply.

I passed on it as I rarely use the car with the window down.
KageSama is offline  
Old 8th August 2023, 16:56   #8812
Newbie
 
BendO_Rookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 14
Thanked: 85 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Does the XUV500 also have DEF system ?
Yes, launched around April 2020.

Here is the first thread for the reference: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4770608 (No AWD on the Mahindra XUV500 BS6 (AT option continues))
BendO_Rookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 19:34   #8813
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 314
Thanked: 801 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Another day, another niggle (AX7L AT+AWD)
  • Rear Left Passenger Door handle won't fully go inside the body

Has anyone else faced such an issue. If yes, how was it resolved? I was planning a trip to the city and this handle not fully retracting inside is taking away my peace of mind.

Another persistent Niggle/Issue/Bug? -
  • Outside temperature reading for five days - 28 degree celcius whereas on my Creta it updates constantly and today while Creta showed - 32 degree, XUV still showed - 28 degree

    This has the negative effect of making the climate control go bonkers and the fan runs at full speed everytime I use the car. (I set mine on Auto at 26 degrees btw)
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 23:18   #8814
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 673
Thanked: 676 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

To the Bhpian XUV7OO owners in the forum. I just let go of my 2012 XUV5OO W8 to upgrade to a XUV7OO AX7 MT Diesel expecting to be delivered in two weeks.

Now that I am also waiting for the delivery - wanted to quickly check on a few things - around accessories.

Side Step This is something that the dealer in Cochin has been pretty adamant about even though I never felt the need for one. Bit concerned about spending this 24K.

Floor Mats Personally I am a big fan of 3D mats as I still have this lying in decent shape on my 5OO and my 2014 Ecosport. Any recommendations on the mat side? I somehow do not like the way 7D looks.

Wireless Charger My AX7 will come without the wireless charger, and apparently, this is not on the accessory list. Has anyone tried getting this done elsewhere? Any general observations on the quality of the OEM charger

Logo Projection light Another interesting piece I wish I could add to my AX7. This comes from the side view mirrors, and I see the slot in the car.

Could you please also suggest some set of accessories worth adding - I somehow feel everything from Mahindra is too expensive and would like to see if equally good ones from the aftermarket.
peterjim13 is offline  
Old 9th August 2023, 08:28   #8815
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 314
Thanked: 801 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
...wanted to quickly check on a few things - around accessories.

Side Step... never felt the need for one. Bit concerned about spending this 24K.

Floor Mats... big fan of 3D mats... Any recommendations on the mat side? I somehow do not like the way 7D looks.

Wireless Charger ... Any general observations on the quality of the OEM charger

Logo Projection light... I see the slot in the car.

... feel everything from Mahindra is too expensive and would like to see if equally good ones from the aftermarket.
  1. Side Step - Unless you have female family members shorter than 5.5 foot, you don't need the side steps imo. In my case, my mother had difficulty climbing into the car due to her traditional wear. So, had it installed for her. The quality of the side steps are good and they're well integrated.
  2. Floor Mats - Have tried 7D mats by Coozo and then a cheap 7D mat from Amazon. Quality was average in both though the Coozo mats were better fitting. Have ordered 7D mats from the accessories list, hope it fits better and has better quality.
  3. Wireless Charger - I don't use it much in my car but even when I do the charging is slow. And it's not just on the car but when I use the 15W Magsafe wireless charger on my iPhone as well, it takes around 2 hours to fully charge. I use the wireless charger in the car to just keep my phone at a certain level of charge and don't expect it to fully charge. Also, the heat generated during wireless charging - both using Magsafe or the car's wireless charger - may reduce the phone battery life in the long run.
  4. Logo Projection - I have a slot in my car too. I guess Mahindra is saving it for the facelift. As RavenAvi pointed out, Mahindra is gearing up to launch an AX9 model which might have all the bells and whistles we missed out on like - Auto Dimming IRVM, Ventilated Seats, Powered Tailgate, etc.

While the accessories are expensive, I've found them to be of better quality compared to the aftermarket. However, maybe that's because I live in a remote area. Your mileage may vary
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 12:11   #8816
Newbie
 
BendO_Rookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 14
Thanked: 85 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

XUV700 AX7L AWD Midnight Black : Driven 21700km

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post

Side Step This is something that the dealer in Cochin has been pretty adamant about even though I never felt the need for one. Bit concerned about spending this 24K.

Floor Mats Personally I am a big fan of 3D mats as I still have this lying in decent shape on my 5OO and my 2014 Ecosport. Any recommendations on the mat side? I somehow do not like the way 7D looks.

Wireless Charger My AX7 will come without the wireless charger, and apparently, this is not on the accessory list. Has anyone tried getting this done elsewhere? Any general observations on the quality of the OEM charger

Logo Projection light Another interesting piece I wish I could add to my AX7. This comes from the side view mirrors, and I see the slot in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Side Step - Unless you have female family members shorter than 5.5 foot, you don't need the side steps imo. In my case, my mother had difficulty climbing into the car due to her traditional wear. So, had it installed for her. The quality of the side steps are good and they're well integrated.

Side Step: Opt for the OEM variants, as they have minimal impact on the ground clearance (GC) while providing durability. On the other hand, aftermarket options tend to significantly reduce the GC. Personally, I align with wadewilson's viewpoint that they might not be necessary to begin with.

Floor Mats: I opted for the OEM 7D mats. They exhibit commendable quality, but their value doesn't quite justify the expenditure. Additionally, removing the mats from the second and third rows for cleaning purposes proves to be quite cumbersome.

Wireless Charger: I utilize the built-in wireless charger, though it's worth noting that the phone tends to overheat when simultaneously playing music and navigating through Apple CarPlay maps. As a solution, I acquired an alternative charger equipped with a built-in fan ESR Wireless Car Charger with CryoBoost.

Logo Projection light: This is a matter of personal preference and choice.
BendO_Rookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 15:25   #8817
BHPian
 
careind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: chennai
Posts: 175
Thanked: 339 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I find this auto stop/start annoying while driving in the city.
But Off late I am wondering how idling at signals would affect the DPF with the already well documented soot residue deposit.
Albeit being a PITA, Would enabling Auto stop/start be more sensible while driving in the city, especially for the Diesels?
careind is offline  
Old 9th August 2023, 19:02   #8818
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 314
Thanked: 801 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Another day, another niggle (AX7L AT+AWD)
Update - Visited Service Centre today regarding the door handle not retracting inside the body fully. Since we had a trip planned to another city tomorrow, it was imperative to get it repaired if possible. I called up the manager, Mr. Nubul, in the morning and he immediately arranged for me to have the car checked. Really appreciate his prompt action and response. I would go so far as to say that he is one of the reasons I have continued to stick with the Mahindra XUV700.

After driving for around 75kms, I reached the service centre. The Manager assigned the supervisor to check my issue. Then he directed the Co-Tek to give the car a once over.

Firstly, the Co-Tek hooked up the car to the diagnostic computer and ran it through a full array of tests. Secondly, he disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and then tried again.

However, despite both attempts, the door handle would still not fully retract upon locking. After these tests, the manager came and directed the parts to be replaced under warranty - the order has been placed today, hope it arrives soon. The car does lock but just that the rear door handle (left side) doesn't retract fully.

On a related note, I had the Co-Tek check for an update for the Dual Zone Climate Control system. It turned out mine was running older software (2 versions old), and he updated it to version 10.0 (if I remember correctly) - the temperature sensor seems to work properly now (tested it during the 75km drive back home) and when in recirculation mode, outside smells don't make their way in. I had no idea that there was software update for the Dual Zone module
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2512.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2513.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 00:59   #8819
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 673
Thanked: 676 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
[list=1][*]Side Step - Unless you have female family members shorter than 5.5 foot, you don't need the side steps imo.
I am thinking along the same lines. So for me, we can always go back and get this fixed right? At the same cost probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
[*]Floor Mats - Have tried 7D mats by Coozo and then a cheap 7D mat from Amazon. Quality was average in both though the Coozo mats were better fitting. Have ordered 7D mats from the accessories list, hope it fits better and has better quality.
Do you actually need 7D's, I appreciate that its coverage is decent. We had done rexin lining on our old XUV5OO - but do not plan to do that on this 7OO. Will surely check the options you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
[*]Wireless Charger - I don't use it much in my car but even when I do the charging is slow.
Noted, and thanks so much wadewilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
[*]Logo Projection - I have a slot in my car too. I guess Mahindra is saving it for the facelift.
Somehow found it as an accessory for 3K as suggested by my brother. My sales guy said it is coming in as well - let me confirm the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post
Floor Mats: I opted for the OEM 7D mats. They exhibit commendable quality, but their value doesn't quite justify the expenditure. Additionally, removing the mats from the second and third rows for cleaning purposes proves to be quite cumbersome.
Thanks for this tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post
Wireless Charger:
Giving this a skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post
Logo Projection light: This is a matter of personal preference and choice.
Looks like I may have to find out whether this is available in the first place. But thanks so much.
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 09:49   #8820
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Ratnagiri
Posts: 60
Thanked: 156 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Another day, another niggle (AX7L AT+AWD)
  • Rear Left Passenger Door handle won't fully go inside the body
Has anyone else faced such an issue. If yes, how was it resolved? I was planning a trip to the city and this handle not fully retracting inside is taking away my peace of mind.
Another persistent Niggle/Issue/Bug? -
  • Outside temperature reading for five days - 28 degree celcius whereas on my Creta it updates constantly and today while Creta showed - 32 degree, XUV still showed - 28 degree

Have faced both the issues you mentioned.
My service center made some adjustments/settings to the door handle and now its fully retracting. They have also offered to change the door handle under warranty if the issue occurs again(which I dont want to unless absolutely necesary)

My climate control also runs fan at higher speed than required. I always manual reduce the speed. The only solution will be Mahindra coming up with a software update for the climate sensor.
niranjan.mulye is online now   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks