Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 13:56   #2026
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Had a TD of the XUV 700 yesterday at the Mahindra Central Business Center Nandanam Chennai.
Following are the key feedback
1. The car is massive inside out. More road presence than the XUV 500. There is a even greater aura around the latest beast from Mahindra stable
2. The Petrol is super refined but mileage is unknown. Dealers still quote ARAI values. However I would say forget mileage in THAT AWESOME PETROL experience
3. Third row is strictly for kids. Knee space and under thigh is more than the 500 thanks to the extra dimensions of the 700. However both the entry and exit is now very cumbersome except for short and nimble persons who can plonk themselves into 3rd row. Further for anyone tall above 5.5, the headroom will be an issue in 3rd row. I reckon the 3rd row will be for the luggage 99% of trips.
4. The manual especially in Petrol is an absolute beast and dangerously powerful. The way the 700 roars ahead on accelerator inputs was almost frightening. The Automatic should be more relaxed for the mad city traffic
5. There were some stalling at lower gears when I was trying to navigate the notorious Anna Salai signals arround Nandanam. The electronic parking brakes came on automatically thus creating more troubles.
5. Lastly but not the least each and every active and passive security, basic comfort and value features have been (over) loaded into the topmost AX7 and accompanying L pack that clocks 25L+ onroad.... a massive massive sum considering the competition like Jeep, Taigun and not to mention the Korean cousin's that offer these features at lower price points in mid level trims. Some of these basic features that should be pushed to atleast mid level trims IMHO are Reverse camera, basic Cruise control, Start Stop switch, Passive keyless entry, Side Airbags (with atleast an option pack for Curtain and knee airbags), TPMS to name a few. This was the single most important decision for me to NOT go ahead with the XUV 700. Gave that ffeesback directly to the executives in the main center at Chennai. Hopefully it reaches the right people in Mahindra
venbas is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 13:59   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Have deliveries started, because I saw a brand new XUV in white, with TR registration parked in the apartment complex next door? The man is quite an influential person in our neighbourhood
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 14:07   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post

. Some of these basic features that should be pushed to atleast mid level trims IMHO are Reverse camera, basic Cruise control, Start Stop switch, Passive keyless entry, Side Airbags (with atleast an option pack for Curtain and knee airbags), TPMS to name a few. This was the single most important decision for me to NOT go ahead with the XUV 700. Gave that ffeesback directly to the executives in the main center at Chennai. Hopefully it reaches the right people in Mahindra
I agree with the reverse camera part and I am sure Mahindra will add it to AX5 in the immediate future. Very skeptical against the other features making their way to the AX5 variants as
1) its competitors dont offer these features at that price point (Hector, Harrier)
2) if these features were offered in the AX5 variant, nobody will purchase the AX7. All of Mahindra's investment in ADAS technology will go down the drain.
Geta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 14:20   #2029
BHPian

I believed Mahindra was supposed to display the estimated delivery date in the 'My Bookings' section of the portal today. However I see anything about delivery mentioned.

Also, algorithmic deliveries definitely sound like they'll be prioritising luxury variants, I just hope they give due priority to those who booked on 7th. Another parameter in the algo would be location, I'm expecting longer wait time for those in major cities.

One good thing for Mumbai at least, is that dealers refused bookings before 7th and insisted on portal booking. So that should mean dealers and customers are on a level playing field and those who managed to book online are not at a disadvantage like in other cities.
Old 10th October 2021, 14:31   #2030

Finally booked Xuv700 AWD Ax7L on 8th. Showroom price will be 22.99 lakhs. Insurance and registration(5yrs) will come around 1.2lakhs. Final on road price will be 24.2 lakhs. However, showroom was clueless about the cost of extended warranty. Hopefully, the final price will be around 24.5lakhs.
The 4*4 in Tucson and Compass cost about 30L in Guwahati (onroad). Though i liked the Thar, the ride quality on road is nothing to write home about. If Tata equipped Safari with AWD it will be north of 25Lakhs.
Hence, for me not much options to choose from except Xuv700. Just hoping that the initial units be niggles free.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:01   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
Finally booked Xuv700 AWD Ax7L on 8th. Showroom price will be 22.99 lakhs. Insurance and registration(5yrs) will come around 1.2lakhs. Final on road price will be 24.2 lakhs.
Hey, I also booked from Guwahati. Did you book through the dealer or through the website using add to cart function? I booked through the dealer on 8th and he said that since I changed my preference from AX7L AT to AX7L AT+AWD, I won't get price protection. My booking date shows as 8th October though. Did you ask whether you'd get price protection? Thank you

PS. Added the booking receipt I got (blurred my OTF Number and personal details). However, The document says that prices at time of delivery would be applicable which is confusing. The delivery date of 2099 is also funny
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211010145748_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:28   #2032
BHPian

Dealers in Bangalore have started sharing the 'order taking form' id with people just today.

Mine is a string of the form: OTF22A followed by a 6 digit number which looks like a serial number (Mine begins with 000; so, it is effectively a 3 digit number)

Not sure it it is a global serial number across all cities and variants or it varies.

Does anyone have a prefix other than OTF22A ?
Also, have people who booked on day 2 also got their OTF ids ? If so, does it show a 4 or 5 digit serial number ?
Old 10th October 2021, 15:33   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
I breifly operated the skyroof. when you press the sunroof button, it starts with curtain and as soon as curtain is open, you can press the button again to stop the opening process and it will not continue with opening the glass roof.
What happens is when you first press the button, at about 30% progress the sun-roof starts opening as well. If you stop opening mid-way then the curtain opening stops as well. In practice it really is as confusing as it sounds. Mahindra should've kept it simple by adding separate buttons or requiring 2 presses -- 1 for opening curtain another for the sunroof.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:40   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Mine is a string of the form: OTF22A followed by a 6 digit number which looks like a serial number (Mine begins with 000; so, it is effectively a 3 digit number)
My booking was on the 7th and the number is OTF22A001xxx, so looks like I'm behind you if it's indeed in a serialised order. I got this order number directly from Mahindra (via Whatsapp) as the dealer here in Mumbai has not yet reached out to me with anything.
Old 10th October 2021, 15:40   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have a prefix other than OTF22A?
I've heard of OTF22A, C, D, J & K till now. I have a feeling that every alphabet has 1k bookings. so if yours is A, you should be in the first thousand bookings !!
I could be wrong though, this is just my observation after comparing OTFs received by me and people in my circle.
Old 10th October 2021, 16:00   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
I've heard of OTF22A, C, D, J & K till now. I have a feeling that every alphabet has 1k bookings. so if yours is A, you should be in the first thousand bookings !!
I could be wrong though, this is just my observation after comparing OTFs received by me and people in my circle.
For All those decoding the order number, could it be similar to VIN?

- 22 denotes, year 2022
- Alphabets A,B.... denote the probable month of manufacture or delivery, like A for January, B for February

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211010155622.jpg
Old 10th October 2021, 16:05   #2037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealers in Bangalore have started sharing the 'order taking form' id with people just today.

Mine is a string of the form: OTF22A followed by a 6 digit number which looks like a serial number (Mine begins with 000; so, it is effectively a 3 digit number).
?
I have an OTF022A0010xx and I booked first day in the first 25 minutes or so as soon as bookings opened. So I must have booked just after the 3 digit series ran past 999. How early did you book?

Quote:
My guess is these are the variants - petrol manual could be A, petrol Auto C and so on. Alternatively these could be regions, for example, South, East etc.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th October 2021 at 16:09.
Old 10th October 2021, 16:19   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My guess is these are the variants - petrol manual could be A, petrol Auto C and so on. Alternatively these could be regions, for example, South, East etc.
Not the variants for sure as as I have OTF22A as well for AX7L Diesel, the last 4 digits could signify the booking number though from what you have mentioned about the time stamp of booking
Old 10th October 2021, 16:35   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
Finally booked Xuv700 AWD Ax7L on 8th. Showroom price will be 22.99 lakhs. Insurance and registration(5yrs) will come around 1.2lakhs. Final on road price will be 24.2 lakhs.
Registration is only 5 years ? The quotes I got were for 15 years only. Could you please highlight on the same ?
Old 10th October 2021, 16:40   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked on 8th, as a part of the offer by Mahindra providing the initial launch price + price protection, and my OTF Number starts with B followed by 7 digits.

Not sure what logic Mahindra has adopted.

Last edited by bill1182 : 10th October 2021 at 16:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks