Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2021, 09:57   #2776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
The owner's manual is out.
Thanks! Here is the link to the owners manual from withyouhamesha.com. Looks like the pdf version is yet to be uploaded.
impala is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 12:45   #2777

Just curious to know, people who've gotten deliveries or are getting those in the next week/ten days - has the status in the online tracking page changed for you folks?
Old 31st October 2021, 13:40   #2778
BHPian

Any idea on spare parts availability. Given the demand and supply timeline, I wonder what would be the impact on spares and service for the car.
Old 31st October 2021, 13:54   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
Any idea on spare parts availability. Given the demand and supply timeline, I wonder what would be the impact on spares and service for the car.
I think the mechanical spare parts availability shouldn't be a problem atleast for the diesel considering its a common workhorse for Mahindra. The electronics especially the infotainment system and EPB and ADAS could be a challenge.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2021 at 18:54. Reason: Capitalisation
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 14:48   #2780
BHPian

TPMS is not provided on the spare tyre. Also, lot of limitations as per the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211031wa0000.jpg  

Old 31st October 2021, 14:54   #2781
BHPian

Some clarifications about what the ACC Stop and Go feature actually does. (Thanks to yogishkamath for info about e-manual)

Basically it is similar to traffic assist feature available in premium vehicles. Without EPB ACC will disengage below 20kmph. Another reason to spend a little extra for luxury pack.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-a32e838afda4475cbc7a501c059c08ca.png

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 31st October 2021 at 14:55.
Old 31st October 2021, 16:19   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsphenomenon View Post
Just curious to know, people who've gotten deliveries or are getting those in the next week/ten days - has the status in the online tracking page changed for you folks?
Delivery date for my vehicle is supposed to be 9th November. Also, as per communication from the dealer, the car will arrive at their stockyard in Mumbai on 7th November. The tracking page on the portal however has not been updated as yet.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 17:16   #2783

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsphenomenon View Post
The expected date of delivery for my XUV700 AX7L P AT Midnight Black is Nov 12th but the tracking page still says only Booking completed. Has anyone noticed any updates on their Track My Booking page?
Ajay_304 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 18:29   #2784
BHPian

Sometime ago, I noticed someone writing about Youtuber Vikas Dayal and his bad experience with Mahindra service centers in Gurgaon. True, but I follow his vlogs and I know for a fact that he loves his XUV5OO. He is a traveller by choice and majorly does unexplored routes.

Point I am trying to make is that he has gone on to book the XUV7OO despite his poor service experience. So for people on the fence, kindly watch this video from someone who travels a lot on his XUV5OO. Should clear some doubts about these cars.
Service from Mahindra still has a lot of scope for improvement.

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211031181848__01.jpg  

fazalmirza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 21:26   #2785
BHPian

Proper view of AX3 variant including boot space and back seat.

Proper view of AX5 variant

Last edited by fazalmirza : 31st October 2021 at 21:32.
fazalmirza is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 01:05   #2786
BHPian

First XUV 700 delivered in Mumbai, at Randhawa Motors Vikhroli.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 12:37   #2787
BHPian

So with my booking for AX7 L D AT done through the dealer on the 7th and no update from the dealer or the website, I called up customer care this morning. Without any surprise, I was told that there is no update in their system about delivery.

Me: How am I hearing that people who booked on the 8th have got their confirmations, while on the 7th haven't.
Exe: We have got many people asking the same. Even we are not aware on how this happens. Mahindra has roped in a third party consulting firm for this purpose.
Me: I'm confused what kind of a logical algorithm will prioritize my same variant/color booking from a latter date than mine?
Exe: I'm not aware Sir, but like I said we have got similar kind of questions.
Me: (Jokingly) Now I'm really curious to know who is this third party that is coming up with such fantastic algorithms?
Exe: (With a laugh) Sorry Sir but we dont know who that is. All we know is that it is a third party.
Me: Ok so the third party remains mysterious! Alright, do you have a system where you get to pass on the comments you receive during these calls to your higher ups or decision makers?
Exe: Yes Sir, we do pass it on.
Me: Great, then please pass on my feedback that this whole booking situation is really messed up with no clarity on priorities. I hope that Mahindra listens to such opinions from us, prospective booking customers, and works with this mysterious 'third party' and sorts out this mess sooner than later.

We hung up.
luvurride is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:24   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
That vehicle seems to be registered on Oct 12th. So, not sure whether that's a regular delivery.
Yeah something doesn't add up. As this article points out the vehicle is registered to the dealer apparently.

https://www.carblogindia.com/partial...alse-identity/
Old 1st November 2021, 15:52   #2789
BHPian

Hi All,

I have booked an XUV700 AX7 L Diesel AT after the 65000 booking announcement came out from Mahindra, so I won't be getting the car delivered anytime soon. After going through numerous youtube videos and reading the posts in this thread, I took a TD yesterday.

I wanted to drive the diesel AT variant, but the said car was undergoing a software update on that day. I settled for a MT variant for the TD for the time being. The drive was short and I deliberately took the car to a not so good patch of the road, rather than the highway. My observations were:

1. The driving position is commanding and the adjustments for seating position was found to be adequate enough to find a comfortable position.
2. The steering adjustment is good as well.
3. The engine note was heard inside the cabin. I could feed the vibrations on the gear lever and on the clutch pedal. While accelerating, the engine note was more pronounced.
4. The steering is very light - almost Hyundai light. This means that driving this car in the city is very easy. It weighs up as speed builds - I prefer this over heavy steering setups.
5. Brakes have good amount of bite to it. Stopping power was really good.
6. Clutch is light and the travel is really long. The gear shifts felt a bit cumbersome as well.
7. Power is adequately served. The car never found lacking power at any moment.
8. The screens are of good quality - However, I did not find it too much to play a major role while driving. It looks good, but, I would not have minded a normal instrument cluster.
9. Seat comfort at the front is good.
10. Ride quality is good as well. I felt (looking at the car), that it would be a boat in bad roads. Mahindra has come a long way from the 500! The car is composed and handled bad roads with a tad bit of firmness, but was not uncomfortable.
11. The 360 degree view with adaptive guidelines is a boon when it comes to maneuvering the car in tight spots. I felt it to be accurate and extremely useful.
12. I did not test the ADAS features on the road.

Now, coming to the points which confuses me:
1. I had taken a couple of test drives in the Harrier earlier. As far as I remember, something about the Harrier felt more premium. The doors had seat materials used, the top dash had soft touch plastics. I can't explain more - may be I am wrong, may be it is the conventional instrument cluster, I don't know!.
2. The NVH levels for a 25+ lac rupee car was not acceptable for me. May be the AT variant would be better. However, in my mind, the Harrier AT felt smoother than this engine.
3. The seat cushioning is on the firmer side, at least, in the middle row. I felt the Harrier's seats to be more comfortable and just about adequate in terms of bolstering and firmness.
4. The screens are very good. But is it as useful? I'm a bit unsure if the wow element would die down in some time - The 360 degree camera view is surely an exception.

I will take a TD of the XUV700 diesel AT variant soon. I am also planning to do a TD of the Safari too. This would confirm if my thoughts are true. But, what do you guys think? Has anyone taken a TD of Safari and XUV 700?
NotanF1driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 16:53   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Has anyone taken a TD of Safari and XUV 700?
I had driven both the Harrier and the Safari, 2 brilliant looking cars. I agree to your point that somehow despite less features and gadgets both the siblings look plush and more premium than XUV 700 and IMO looks better from the exterior too. However following are a few points about the driving experience about the Harrier and Safari which led me to tilt towards the XUV:-

1. While driving on bad patches, there is a lot of rattling noise, I dont know the exact word for it but it sounds like " kach kach" as if two plastic plates are rubbing against each other especially from the footwell and near the glovebox area and from the 3rd row pillar area.
2. Most obvious point is that the steering is really hard and its difficult to maneuver in the city bylanes
3. Engine when gets into turbo range it sounds harsh, I mean there is difference between a rythmic hymn and being harsh, the Kryotech was on the later spectrum.
4. The back of the Safari feels like it slightly swinged when changing lanes suddenly
5. Clutch felt hard too for the manual transmission
6. Considering the price, although I'm not a features guy, still both Harrier and Safari felt very basic, especially the infotainment system was crashing more frequently than the sensex.
7. Last and foremost the sales experience was not that good, I mean I had blocked time for TD on their websites but not a single call, I had to call the nearest dealer myself. Even after that the TD was cancelled without any prior information from the dealer side. I had to personally go over to the showroom on a weekday and book the TD and yes it was completely vacant and not like they were very busy but still.

Last edited by Monty1 : 1st November 2021 at 16:56. Reason: Spell check
Monty1 is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks