Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 15:58   #2701
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Got a call from dealer today. He said I will get the vehicle on 12th November. I pre-booked with dealer in July.

Surprise is with my friend's vehicle. Both of us booked AX7 petrol automatic. But he booked it after 8th (he kept in cart though on 7th).

He got a call and they said he will get it next week. I told him to confirm once more.
Can you pls let me know which Dealer you had booked from?
also, can you pls tell the color?
Old 29th October 2021, 15:59   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
May I know what color have you booked ? I did call up and checked and got the response that my booking is not within the 1st 14,000 bookings .
I have booked Midnight Black. My understanding talking to few guys is that all dealers would have got a list of confirmation on deliveries that would happen before 14th Jan. That list would be a partial list of all the bookings done on 7th Oct. So, let's say if someone like Sireesh Auto did 500 bookings, then you can expect them to have a list of say 150-200 confirmations from Mahindra with dates. I may be wrong here, someone else with better insider information may throw some light here.
Old 29th October 2021, 16:36   #2703
BHPian

Indeed the interior of AX5 is a big let down. Some chrome elements on the door would have been nice. Sunroof is provided but M&M missed a small and basic feature like electric folding ORVMs.
Old 29th October 2021, 16:51   #2704
BHPian

Has anyone from bangalore got any confirmation from Anant cars, Marathalli branch?
Old 29th October 2021, 17:04   #2705
BANNED

Fellow BHPians-

I had booked my XUV7OO online on 8th October, plan to cancel the same. Would be thankful if someone may let me know on the following -

1) What is process of cancellation, should I approach the selected dealer or just cancel online?

2) As it was booked online, the refund shall come from the dealer or from Mahindra?

3) What would be the mode of payment back, as my account details are neither shared with the dealership nor Mahindra?

4) How long would the refund take ?

Many many thanks for all the help and support in advance.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:09   #2706
BHPian

Booked P AT AX7L Black on 7th oct and 8th oct through two different dealers in ncr. Got the delivery date in early december for the booking done on 8th oct but the booking done on 7th oct is apparently not in the first 8/14k

Great algo Mahindra
Kudos to the "world class consulting team" hired by Mahindra.
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 17:12   #2707

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Surprise is with my friend's vehicle. Both of us booked AX7 petrol automatic. But he booked it after 8th (he kept in cart though on 7th).

He got a call and they said he will get it next week. I told him to confirm once more.
This seems to be a widespread issue. Now know of quite a few folks who booked on the 8th and yet have gotten delivery dates in the first 14k batch, some of them as soon as November. While a lot of folks, myself included, who booked on the 7th are not in the 14k lot.
What's even more surprising is the fact that the variant x color combinations for these is exactly the same.

Wondering what algo Mahindra has used, if any
atsphenomenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 17:15   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Mine was in the first 100. Try the above number, should be helpful.
After a long wait I could connect to Mahindra customer care. As per the agent there is no CPD date allotted for my booking. She mentioned it will be updated in couple of days. Dealer has messed my booking. Booking is done with someone’s number and the email ID is updated as Manjunath@vegetable.com. I really don’t know why the dealers did not have time to put my email ID instead of the vegetable ID.

I think my delivery will be post first 14000 units. My series is 22A0009**(AX7 AWD L midnight black)

Last edited by febin8055 : 29th October 2021 at 17:17.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:15   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Booked P AT AX7L Black on 7th oct and 8th oct through two different dealers in ncr. Got the delivery date in early december for the booking done on 8th oct but the booking done on 7th oct is apparently not in the first 8/14k

Great algo Mahindra
Kudos to the "world class consulting team" hired by Mahindra.
This may have to do with the way variant and colours have been produced. If someone books a popular variant/colour combination and if it happens to be produced in less numbers than the demand, the delivery date is likely to get extended (even if you have booked on 7th) for some.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:31   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsphenomenon View Post
This seems to be a widespread issue. Now know of quite a few folks who booked on the 8th and yet have gotten delivery dates in the first 14k batch, some of them as soon as November. While a lot of folks, myself included, who booked on the 7th are not in the 14k lot.
What's even more surprising is the fact that the variant x color combinations for these is exactly the same.

Wondering what algo Mahindra has used, if any
I know a lot of such cases buddy. Can't be accenture as rumored

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th October 2021 at 07:40. Reason: Post edited. Please post in english only.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:38   #2711
BHPian

After writing multiple Mails and contacting the Customer Care through Twitter handle of Mahindra, Finally i got a call.

The person informed me that my booking schedule is not in the First 14k Customers.
This is Really Frustrating and making me very Angry

I Did all the Homework (Going with a Petrol Variant for Early Deliveries), discussed with My Dealer and on October 7th, my Sales executive Happily Informed me that he could put my booking in the first 15-20 mins and he is sure to have my delivery at the earliest. And now this news really makes me Lose Hope on this so called "well Planned Deliveries of XUV700".
Being the XUV500 Customer from past 6 years, and planning to Upgrade and now, in a Dilemma whether to wait till the Jan-Feb-March Period for the Deliver or should i go with other Vehicles.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:45   #2712
BHPian

Can anyone comment on the official boot space figures of 5 seater variants? I tried to find but looks like only guesstimates in ~ 600 litres.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:55   #2713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
I Did all the Homework (Going with a Petrol Variant for Early Deliveries), discussed with My Dealer and on October 7th, my Sales executive Happily Informed me that he could put my booking in the first 15-20 mins and he is sure to have my delivery at the earliest. And now this news really makes me Lose Hope on this so called "well Planned Deliveries of XUV700".
Being the XUV500 Customer from past 6 years, and planning to Upgrade and now, in a Dilemma whether to wait till the Jan-Feb-March Period for the Deliver or should i go with other Vehicles.
May be look at the positive side, you will have (possibly) a 2022 manufactured car
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:31   #2714
BHPian

Got some news from executive at call centre 1800 209 6006.

My vehicle is not in the initial 14k deliveries even though I had booked on 7th Oct.

The executive told me that Mahindra is releasing a additional list in next 2-3 days. When I probed a bit about the number of vehicles in the list, he appeared clueless. However, he was confident about the new list releasing in next 2-3 days
Old 29th October 2021, 18:34   #2715
BHPian

As someone who has booked the AX 5 variant, the pic-s of the variant's interior, are disappointing. Not shocked or surprised. Just disappointed.

After looking at the pic-s, I have couple of questions and would be grateful if some of you can clarify:-

1. When I did the test drive on the AX7, switches on the front doors and aircon unit were finished in piano black. (Some of BHP-ians had rightly pointed out that they were finger print magnets). They looked very cheap and tacky. But in these photographs, these switches appear to be less "shiny" and seem to have been matt-finished and looks much better. Is my assumption correct?

2. There was no pic of the rear seat arrangement. Is the rear seat middle arm rest available in the AX5 5-seater variant or is it available only in the AX5 7-seater variant? The spec-s given on the Mahindra website indicates the latter.

Can someone please clarify the above two points? Thank You!
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks