Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 14:42   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Enquired on the CPD and received affirmation that Dec 10th is the date. I booked AX7 L Diesel AT AWD on 7th Oct and yes I'm from Bangalore

Let's see how they keep up the date commitments.
You're one Lucky guy if this is true. But the dealers have full schedule of deliveries upto 14-Jan-22. I think you should check with your dealer once for confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_audhithya View Post
He also asked me to wait for few days or contact the dealer for further assistance. I have booked AX5 D White and the OTF number is 22A0001** ��
Don't be disheartened as I have been through this already. Talk to your dealer, but once you have the OTF, you can be quite sure about confirmed booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
My case is the same, booked an MX petrol on 7th and am not on first 14K delivery list whereas the ones who booked an AX7 on 8th are getting delivery before us.
Well, I have booked the AX7 D L AT AWD i.e. the top modeland yes on Seventh itself. But even then I am not in the first 14K. Have some patience, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Those who've bought Mahindra's before and other members, can you please advise whether I should go ahead with the purchase? Thank you
Congratulations and you should be happy to get the vehicle so soon. Your apprehensions have already been addressed so there should not be any fear now. M&M is know to support their customers and without worrying about niggles you should start preparing for the new vehicle.
Sommos is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 14:49   #2762
BHPian

Maximising profits is one consideration for sure, the other aspect which they won’t reveal is the available customer choice in the segment of purchase, I.e they may expedite deliveries of the variants that have direct competition, read Creta, Hector, Harrier or a safari and push back ones which has a clear differentiation, typically AX7s, AWDs and Ls. This they would do to avoid too many cancellations upfront on account of longer wait times. All of this is conjecture obviously but then, the whole process till now looks like an exercise in conjecturing anyways

Last edited by Jyotil : 30th October 2021 at 14:51.
Jyotil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 15:03   #2763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra delivers the first-ever personalized XUV700 to Gold Medalist Sumit Antil, who made the whole nation proud at Tokyo Paralympics.
Special Gold Edition of XUV700, Here's all what it gets:

- A custom made gold plated front grille
- Gold plated Mahindra butterfly logo
- Gold seat accents and IP panel
- Sumit Anil's record badged on fender, tailgate, dashboard and all the headrests

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1635585963638.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1635585966756.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1635585969729.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211030_145913.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211030_145916.jpg

Source : Evo India
Venkatesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 16:38   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
You're one Lucky guy if this is true. But the dealers have full schedule of deliveries upto 14-Jan-22. I think you should check with your dealer once for confirmation.
Thanks! I got the date confirmation from M&M even before the dealer, I called them directly on 28th Oct. My dealer Manager called me the next day to give me the "good news", he sounded more excited so I just thanked him and took all the details which were same as provided by M&M. Received an email and SMS as well.

I'm sure the dealers had a big role to play in the initial bookings and we can expect foul play for sure by some. I personally haven't had a great pre-sales experience with some of the flagship dealers earlier while I was scouting for the XUV 500, hence I went ahead and booked through one of the lesser known dealer PPS Mahindra. The sales Manager was very transparent and excecuted the booking as promised.

It's a waiting game now.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2021 at 21:38. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 30th October 2021, 17:29   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Don't know what's going on with Mahindra's ordering system, there is no transparency at all. People who booked within 30mins (actually 2 mins really as systems were down) are not in the first 14k.
I don't think the numbering is sequential. I booked on 23 Oct and my reference is in the 900 series!. Of course, I can’t have a 900 series number if this is a sequential system.
NotanF1driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 18:38   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
I got the date confirmation from M&M even before the dealer, I called them directly on 28th Oct. My dealer Manager called me the next day to give me the "good news", he sounded more excited so I just thanked him and took all the details which were same as provided by M&M. Received an email and SMS as well.
So, the date communicated by Mahindra was correct? Asking as I am in a similar situation. I have been communicated a date by Mahindra, but the dealer has no clue about it (delivery is in 2nd week of Nov). Just want to confirm that this is not some error by Mahindra, before I start breaking FDs and redeeming MFs

Also, request BHPians to please share insights on how to get around or bargain regarding the below charges:

1) How to get a lower insurance premium than quoted by dealer. Expecting dealer to not budge from his standard rates (1 lk +).

2) is it possible to get the incidental charges removed (around 9k)?

3) dealer will insisist on "essential accessories kit" worth around 40k as mandatory, is there a way to get around this?

Looking to get the car out of the showroom with minimal confrontation with the dealer, so any thoughts/experience would be helpful. I have heard of a lot of bad stories regarding Thar customers being fleeced by dealers. TIA.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2021 at 21:39. Reason: fixed quote tag
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 18:43   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
What a turn of events today.

I'm going in person tomorrow to do PDI and to discuss on the OTR price and the so called "advance". In TN, the quoted OTR is 21.6 lk. Don't have the price split up across registration, taxes, Fatstag etc.But it seemed a tad high.

Will keep you guys posted of the developments.
Apologies for the delay folks. Its been busy days with the kids' planned return to school coming Monday. Also it was raining cats and dogs yesterday morning and had almost given up visiting the showroom. But then the sun came out later that afternoon and I managed to go there, talk to the sales executive. Did a detailed PDI of the car. The car looks fantastic, even in the transport dirt camo.

Some interesting conversations. I asked the breakup of the OTR price and the sales guy gave me something on a piece of paper, which was missing the registration costs. I have a picture of it, but then the sales guy requested me not to post any pics of either the car or the unofficial invoice online. But, how can I resist posting it here.

I'm keeping my word, you see. Here is the breakup of the AX7 Petrol MT.

Ex Show Room - Rs.17,59,000
Insurance - Rs. 1,06,258
Accessories - Rs.25,000
Total - Rs.21,84,737

He was pressing for me to pay the ex show room price, so that I can take delivery next week. I told him firmly that I'll take delivery of the vehicle and do the registration and insurance myself, with this day light robbery of what they call insurance.

After a few back and forth with some guy in the back, the quote came to somewhere around 65K, which was still high. I asked him to provide these figures in their company letter head, which he was extremely hesitant with and was pushing me to pay the ex s p that day itself.

Poor guy had no clue of what that insurance covered, I,e comprehensive/Zero Dep etc. Let's see if the invoice comes through.

Also told him that I'll pay the full amount that very moment, if we all agreed on the prices. Also he didn't have any clue on what those 25k accessories are. Quite nice chap and he obviously is taking orders from above, being a passthrough and so didn't quite push him to the wall.

This morning, same routine. My response the same . Give me the breakup of the costs and my money is yours the very moment. Apparently some internal Mahindra issue where invoice can't be raised at the moment and so they don't have that information as yet.

Also this vehicle is new, RTO may take a few days to clear it and next week being Deepavali holidays, its a little challenging to get this road ready. The car is delivered to the dealer and I have the money. Wonder what is the issue in just delivering the car.

After a few back and forth, a soft delivery of the vehicle is planned for 1-Nov-21. I.e just a photo op. I don't get to drive the vehicle home, but leave it with the dealer for the registration formalities and collect it sometime next week or on the 8th.

I'll stop my update once I get the so called soft delivery of the vehicle and start a new Initial Ownership thread, as others have pointed out that this thread is loosing its relevance with these sort of updates.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 30th October 2021 at 18:45.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 19:44   #2768
BHPian

Neeraj Chopra also gets his XUV700!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-neeraj.jpg  

RaghuVis is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 19:57   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Neeraj Chopra also gets his XUV700!
The registration number also bears his javelin throw distance.

https://twitter.com/shireen95365506/...1tC9naNXA&s=19

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211030195600__01.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 31st October 2021 at 11:18. Reason: Added video link as requested. Thanks.
BoneCollector is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 20:46   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post

1) How to get a lower insurance premium than quoted by dealer. Expecting dealer to not budge from his standard rates (1 lk +).

2) is it possible to get the incidental charges removed (around 9k)?

3) dealer will insisist on "essential accessories kit" worth around 40k as mandatory, is there a way to get around this?

TIA.
I would like to add one more question to this list i.e. about the calculation of registration cost, here in bangalore I believe its 17% if ex showroom cost is less than 20L, but the initial price sheet that we got had an inflated cost which was around 25-30k more.
Second question they are also charging 2700/- odd bucks as registration fee.

Would like other Bhpians to throw some light here on all the questions raised here by Mr.Raghunath and the ones that I have added

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2021 at 21:40.
Old 30th October 2021, 21:04   #2771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Thats funny, the SMS I recieved is entirely different then - dd/mmm/yy. Atleast the month is easy to decipher

Hello,
Thanks for choosing the new Mahindra XUV700. Happy to inform you that your estimated delivery date is 13-Nov-21. TnC Apply. Team Mahindra.
Congrats. Which dealer ?
Old 31st October 2021, 01:05   #2772
Distinguished - BHPian

First car has been apparently delivered today by a Chennai Dealer, look like AX7 L Petrol.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 01:53   #2773
BHPian

The owner's manual is out.

I was able to confirm that the AWD infact does come with both the auto and lock modes. The auto mode is activated by default when the engine is switched on.
There is also an "AWD torque distribution" display which shows how much torque is being applied to each wheel at any given time.

Also, the DPF system has three levels of warnings.

In the first one, you can perform either active regen (ie drive around at high rpms) or park regen (ie press a button ). In the second one, active regen is not an option but park regen is still possible and the third where the vehicle has to be taken to the service center to clear the DPF.
yogishkamath is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 06:49   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
I don't think the numbering is sequential. I booked on 23 Oct and my reference is in the 900 series!. Of course, I can’t have a 900 series number if this is a sequential system.
The OTF number serial is respective to that particular dealer where you have booked, and it includes all bookings (suv’s, pickup or what ever the dealer can sell) by that dealer in calendar year (January to December or what ever is followed by M&M).
telugite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 09:56   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
The OTF number serial is respective to that particular dealer where you have booked, and it includes all bookings (suv’s, pickup or what ever the dealer can sell) by that dealer in calendar year (January to December or what ever is followed by M&M).
It could be the total number of vehicles booked in that financial year. As we can see the Number followerd by OTF is 22, which specifies the current financial year 2022.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks